2/3 | Duquesne | 12:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Re: 2/3 | Duquesne | 12:30PM (USA)

Unread post by kal-65 »

watching rhody teams have figured how to get open 3's versus our d

the name now is RHO-E ISLAN- --- NO D
4 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Leaving dae dae grant open at all was just stupid. House was sagging off him all game.

The defense is terrible. The offense is fine. This team will only win games when they outperform the other teams offense and will give no resistance toward making that happen
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I hit the 50/50 at the game today. Greatest game of the year!
12 x
Mobley was fouled.
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

RAMFAN wrote: 2 months ago
Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago

Considering his salary, he hasn't been good enough in his 2nd year. The excuses need to end.
Puh-leeeze. Only about 7% of his pay comes from state funds. Janitors collect more state dollars.
thank you! it's this channel 12 bullshit narrative which hurts URI getting funding.
Once again, that’s not why I brought up his salary. I don’t give a shit what % of his pay comes from state funds.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

It just looks like we dont have the quickness on the perimeter to execute this defense. Maybe they can be better, but I think every single team we have played has quicker guards than we do. Can't keep anyone in front of us and can't recover fast enough to defend the three.

Either Archie continues to run it and people run up the score on us or we need to switch it up. It may be this group can't play any defense though. Idk.

The program is exactly where it was with Cox one and a half years into Arch. Apathy with zero momentum for the future.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Packed house.

Multiple school and team groups there today.

National TV.

Get blown out.

If you want people to come to games, cannot have a day like today.
3 x
Go Rhody
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago The program is exactly where it was with Cox one and a half years into Arch. Apathy with zero momentum for the future.
This is just not true
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago The program is exactly where it was with Cox one and a half years into Arch. Apathy with zero momentum for the future.
This is just not true
You’re right.

Cox had us 23-8 and on the bubble during the covid season.

Had 3 future NBA players on a team at one point.

We’re worse than that.
1 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago I hit the 50/50 at the game today. Greatest game of the year!
Fantastic!! We keep trying!!

Good for you congratulations - especially hitting it on a good attendance day!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago that was the play Archie drew up during the timeout? A fucking Foumena airball 3?
With 8 seconds to go, no less
I don't think Foumena is ever the first option, he's just always open because the defense sags on him. Hes supposed to hand it off to a guard coming off a screen, or look to the low post. He just made the wrong decision.
2 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago It just looks like we dont have the quickness on the perimeter to execute this defense. Maybe they can be better, but I think every single team we have played has quicker guards than we do. Can't keep anyone in front of us and can't recover fast enough to defend the three.

Either Archie continues to run it and people run up the score on us or we need to switch it up. It may be this group can't play any defense though. Idk.

The program is exactly where it was with Cox one and a half years into Arch. Apathy with zero momentum for the future.
I think it is probably wishful thinking at this point that this team will change much and play better D. 2/3 of the season is now in the books and it is pretty clear that this team is not capable of any semblance of good defense. This deficiency will keep it from beating many more teams. Anyone expecting more than a few wins (2-4 including the tournament) from here on out for these guys will most likely be very disappointed.
Last edited by RF1 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 2 months ago that was the play Archie drew up during the timeout? A fucking Foumena airball 3?
I don't think Foumena is ever the first option, he's just always open because the defense sags on him. Hes supposed to hand it off to a guard coming off a screen, or look to the low post. He just made the wrong decision.
Kid has to have more shot attempts than passes this year.

I’m half kidding but wouldn’t be shocked if that’s true.
2 x
Go Rhody
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

Was Always hurt today, a DNP. Not a difference maker but just wondering.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
This is just not true
You’re right.

We’re worse than that.

I think PeterRamTime most likely meant at the end of the Cox tenure, not 1.5 years in.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago Packed house.

National TV.

Get blown out.

I said to my wife as we were leaving, we won't see a crowd like this again this year.

The players coming out for shoot around before the second half - their body language was just awful. I really am starting to not like Kortwright at the point. Sluggish and apathetic. I know we don't have much of a choice right now. Maybe it's just me but the lack of desire out there is palpable in real time. Coaches trying to coach the players up during timeouts or on the bench and it just looks like the players could not care less.

Also thought Miller again did not coach well - the plays coming out of timeouts were questionable at best. I can't imagine he has lost his ability to call plays and coach, but maybe he can't get the emotional buy-in from these guys. Kind of at a loss for words.
Last edited by RI_Bred 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Donrxer79 wrote: 2 months ago Was Always hurt today, a DNP. Not a difference maker but just wondering.
Yes I believe he was hurt.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

05, this thought crossed my mind as well.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago
TruePoint wrote: 2 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago Hey guys! Just wait out the year!

Don't overreact or anything! Don't even hint that the sky is falling!

I mean….this product stinks to watch. There’s no denying that, or sugarcoating it. Still, we are clearly better than last year in just about every conceivable way. Any hope we had of arriving ahead of schedule I think can be forgotten at this point, but I don’t think we are behind schedule either. For as long as we continue to move in the right direction, however modestly, I don’t think we can say the sky is falling. Next year will be an important year - we cannot backslide from here, we have to get better and at some point hope something clicks and we make a leap.
TP, I think we certainly are better offensively than last year. However, I don’t see it on D. That is my Birds Eye view.

But, I haven’t done a deep dive in our D analytics last year versus this year nor have I studied tape on both.

I think there is sufficient length and athleticism currently to be better than they are. I think the problem on D is between the ears for this team.
I'd like to suggest you check out last year's d by binge-watching all those games in a single weekend to compare to this year.
And, if you don't fall into a coma, I will ship you (shipping on me even) a David Cox bobblehead. :lol:
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago I was last at the RC for the UMASS game. Where did that team go?
Honestly, I think teams weren't aware of David Green. They watched a lot of game tapes of us without him. Once teams started to double him and focus on him more, we went back to looking like a poorly coached bottom-tier A10 team. Green is still very good, but teams know how to defend us now. We also shot out our minds all game against Umass. Guys were hitting 3s with Umass right in their faces. That's never going to last. And this idea that we can make a massive jump next year. How? Are we going to land a couple of All A10 level players? Because if you bring back most of this roster, we will improve but we will still be increidbly far away from an NCAA bid and likely not that close to an NIT bid.

Let's see if we can make a push and come back. Getting it back to 10 was step one but we will need to defend if we have any chance. Let's pull another Yale and pull it out.
That raises a pretty good question. Let's say all the guys come back and have "another year of experience"
...and this Duquesne team was frozen in a time warp for a year, so they have the exact same team/experience level they did today.
Do we think that this Rhody team, with a year of development, beats the frozen in time Duquesne team we saw today?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago Think about this fact for a bit - URI has four losses at home in the Ryan Center thus far this season. Those defeats were against Brown, New Hampshire, Fordham, and Duquesne. We are very much a bottom tier program these days when we cannot beat ANY of these teams at home.
FIFY
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Donrxer79 wrote: 2 months ago Was Always hurt today, a DNP. Not a difference maker but just wondering.
He was in uniform but was standing at half court with Bilau while the team warmed up. So, he's dealing with something. And Rory wasn't even there. Where is he?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

This is just not true
I'm not comparing their year two's lol

I'm saying we are exactly where we were in cox's last season.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

This is just not true
You’re right.

We’re worse than that.
Thats not what I meant. We are exactly where we were when Cox was fired. That's what I meant. Zero momentum and total apathy.

We were also 21-9 that year.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago
He was in uniform but was standing at half court with Bilau while the team warmed up. So, he's dealing with something. And Rory wasn't even there. Where is he?
Rory's pic was up there on the big screen advertising an upcoming game at one point...maybe he didn't get back in time from the photoshoot?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago
This is just not true

Eh we’re ahead of that, but not by much.

We now a practice facility, more individual talent, a better coaching staff, more state funding and a president who is committed to athletics.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago

National TV.

Get blown out.

I said to my wife as we were leaving, we won't see a crowd like this again this year.

The players coming out for shoot around before the second half - their body language was just awful. I really am starting to not like Kortwright at the point. Sluggish and apathetic. I know we don't have much of a choice right now. Maybe it's just me but the lack of desire out there is palpable in real time. Coaches trying to coach the players up during timeouts or on the bench and it just looks like the players could not care less.

Also thought Miller again did not coach well - the plays coming out of timeouts were questionable at best. I can't imagine he has lost his ability to call plays and coach, but maybe he can't get the emotional buy-in from these guys. Kind of at a loss for words.
I think Luis is banged up. He looks much slower out there ever since that knee and ankle injury. A fast defensive guard like Hammond will be a breath of fresh air next season, although he'll have issues with the stronger guards.

Archie says all the right things and clearly understands the game incredibly well. The way he talks about opponents and our team is always impressive. But I'm getting sick and tired of his "I've never coached a team that's this bad defensively". You built this team! How do you not recruit one perimeter defender on this team? I don't care if the dude is terrible on the offensive end sometimes you need someone to slow down the other teams best player like Dae Dae.. For example, the Lakers have a player in Jarred Vanderbilt who's a very weak offensive player, but he prevents guys like Luka, Steph, and Kawhi from going off... This team has no defensive players and the worst defenders in the league and country.

Archie lost our best defender in Ish. Archie lost a backup guard in Bassy, who is averaging close to 20 a game and replaced him with Always Wright, who looks like a D2 player. Archie and the staff are supposed to develop these players. Archie and the staff are supposed to find the best way to mask our weak defense. I'm happy he's added some zone defense and a very soft full-court press today, but we are deep into the season. We should have done these things during the preseason so we had time to gain chemistry and get better. Instead, like a month ago, Archie tells us, "We don't press here".. That's a David Cox type of answer. Embarrassing..

Archie has had some fantastic moments this year, and when our team was at its best, we looked like a top-4 A10 team. But we seem to be regressing again. I don't care what year you're in. If you have a good coach, your players and team should improve. People have mentioned that Dan didn't have a strong year 2.. Don't forget that in Dan's second year, we went 3-1 in the final four A10 games, and in many of the games before, we played teams close for the most part. Also, Dan played in a much, much tougher A10. The A10 had 6 bids that year! Imagine this team playing against those teams? We may have only won 2-3 games..

This sucks..
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Duquesne was physical and shot very well from 3. I doubt they shoot that well in their dreams. Officials with a few head scratching calls. Ryan Center got LOUD there for a moment in the second half and Dubront called time out and stopped the mini rally. I do not think Always would have helped in this physical game. A few signs of life from Zek. Foumena getting burnt for those lob dunks because he lacks a feel for playing defense so often confused as to what he should be doing on that end. I do not know why the coaching staff can't coach these guys up he was in the program all last year. but still looks like a true freshman.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 months ago Duquesne was physical and shot very well from 3. I doubt they shoot that well in their dreams. Officials with a few head scratching calls. Ryan Center got LOUD there for a moment in the second half and Dubront called time out and stopped the mini rally. I do not think Always would have helped in this physical game. A few signs of life from Zek. Foumena getting burnt for those lob dunks because he lacks a feel for playing defense so often confused as to what he should be doing on that end. I do not know why the coaching staff can't coach these guys up he was in the program all last year. but still looks like a true freshman.
It's easy to shoot 3s when nobody is guarding you. A 35% shooter probably shoots at least 50% when he gets wide open looks. We're making offenses look a lot better than they are.
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

This is just not true
You’re right.

We’re worse than that.
Thats not what I meant. We are exactly where we were when Cox was fired. That's what I meant. Zero momentum and total apathy.

When it comes to our investment in our program, it's better. We also have a few key freshmen that we can hopefully build around. But the product on the floor I completely agree. We look like a poorly coached team, or if you want to blame it on the players, we recruited a bad team. However you want to spin it, it still falls on Archie. I'm not giving up on him. I still believe he can turn things around, but the bad losses keep happening, and I'm seeing programs all around the country and in our conferece dealt a similar hand as Archie that look much better than we do.
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You’re right.

We’re worse than that.

When it comes to our investment in our program, it's better. We also have a few key freshmen that we can hopefully build around. But the product on the floor I completely agree. We look like a poorly coached team, or if you want to blame it on the players, we recruited a bad team. However you want to spin it, it still falls on Archie. I'm not giving up on him. I still believe he can turn things around, but the bad losses keep happening, and I'm seeing programs all around the country and in our conferece dealt a similar hand as Archie that look much better than we do.
Yea, the on court product is basically the same but the overall program and infrastructure is light years better.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This is just not true
You’re right.

We’re worse than that.
lol.

You’re too into your opposition character again.

David Cox inherited a championship program with 3 all-conference players and a wealth of NCAA and conference championship experience.

Please don’t compare the two. It’s laughable.

The comparison is Dan Hurley in his rebuild.

We’re right on pace for a 14 win season in year 2.

While the defense is a glaring issue, the biggest problem is the long spurts of non-existent offense. We can’t play in a half court, we need to be running. We don’t have a true PG.

Ben Hammond is that guy.

Like Hurley, we’d be getting our PG in year 3.

We’re a young team. Zero seniors. No one who knows how to win. Could catch fire in Brooklyn. Could disappoint.

It’s a rebuild. Act accordingly. Most importantly don’t blame the guy doing the rebuilding for the sins of the guy who crashed the program into the ground.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

You’re right.

We’re worse than that.

Same

Yeah of course we have better investment, but as far as actual basketball.. It's the same and that's without considering the potential for several losses the rest of the season. Finishing around the bottom of the conference again with around 20 losses is not ok.

When you bring in someone with Archie's pedigree you expect it to not be this much of a damn mess. Archie, Kenny and Brian have all coached several better teams and better players and haven't figured it out at all here. They haven't gotten top tier talent to come at a top tier program in this conference. That's aside from the coaching issues. Red flags. We'll just have to sit back and wait and see if maybe they figure it out.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Archie got out coached today by an old fox. No denying it.
4 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I see 8 players I would keep and that's being generous. Plus 2 frosh. 3 transfers.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 months ago

05, this thought crossed my mind as well.
His eyes light up like a kid on Christmas morning when he sees he has space out on the 3 point line, like the end of the first half that was definitely not the play call and pulled a Fatts and did what he wanted to
2 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

You will always have a difficult time when a team shoots lights out like Duquesne did today. Similar to the reason we beat UMass. But add to that the Rams lack maturity and do respond well to adversity, you end with a team that cannot come from behind. We had a 16-7 lead had 4-5 shots to move the margin to double digits and then in the span of 5 minutes Duquesne had the lead. Green and House were warriors out there, the rest of the team is soft. Another bad game from Luis, Cam, and Fuchs. Their collective inability to hit critical shots time after time against A-10 level opponents is a big part of the problem.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

What a discouraging game. I haven’t felt this bad leaving the Ryan Center since Dayton stomped us with Obi Toppin a few years ago. Didn’t even listen to the post game show.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 months ago It just looks like we dont have the quickness on the perimeter to execute this defense. Maybe they can be better, but I think every single team we have played has quicker guards than we do. Can't keep anyone in front of us and can't recover fast enough to defend the three.

Been saying this since game 1. Made my first trip to the Ryan Center this year and the environment was great, the team not so much. College basketball is a guard oriented game and we do not have any true point guards on our roster, just a bunch of combo guards who cant run an offense and get constantly get burned on defense all the time. We have some weapons on offense but nothing that can overcome how poor the defense is. I can only imagine how much better this team would be with a Jeff Dowtin type player running the offense, it would make a HUGE difference. This team is in desperate need of some quick and speedy guards who can run an offense and force turnovers on defense, we have nothing close to that on this roster.
2 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 months ago Duquesne was physical and shot very well from 3. I doubt they shoot that well in their dreams. Officials with a few head scratching calls. Ryan Center got LOUD there for a moment in the second half and Dubront called time out and stopped the mini rally. I do not think Always would have helped in this physical game. A few signs of life from Zek. Foumena getting burnt for those lob dunks because he lacks a feel for playing defense so often confused as to what he should be doing on that end. I do not know why the coaching staff can't coach these guys up he was in the program all last year. but still looks like a true freshman.
It's easy to shoot 3s when nobody is guarding you. A 35% shooter probably shoots at least 50% when he gets wide open looks. We're making offenses look a lot better than they are.
Honest to God when I watch our guys play defense sagging down for no reason and then running too late at a player shooting an open jump shot. It finally hit me today RHODY is trying to play defense like NBA players. Unfortunately like NBA players play defense at the NBA All Star Game.

GO RHODY!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

brady1 wrote: 2 months ago
Honest to God when I watch our guys play defense sagging down for no reason and then running too late at a player shooting an open jump shot. It finally hit me today RHODY is trying to play defense like NBA players. Unfortunately like NBA players play defense at the NBA All Star Game.

GO RHODY!
I've never seen a team sag off other teams' best shooters like we do. It's incredible. It's stuff they teach you in middle school. I get that Grant is a tough guard, but overplay him and make him drive. Do a box and one. Double him..Do something different! I'd rather him score in a midrange or layup than draining 3 after 3 after 3..

This is a defense I loved when watching the Cavs and Warriors years ago. https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/16/1422 ... e-analysis
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Remember what Archie said before his first game here.

We'll be good when we're good.

We are MILES away from being good.

And we aren't getting any closer either.

I dont care what anybody says about how we will be better soon.

Archie doesn't have forever to get good here.

If there isnt major improvement next year, he's on the clock imo.

Again if some dont agree, they are fooling themselves.

Fuck giving coaches here a long leash. All they do is hang themselves with it.

2 more years , and if it's not fixed, get rid of him.

If he can't get enough talent here, find someone who can
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Didn't go to the game as I was on a college visit. We stopped into Thornton's Fenway Grille for a burger around 1:45. The URI game was on every tv. I said to myself, very nice I get to see some of the game. When we sat down I saw we were down almost 20 with 15 left in the second half. I said JFC somewhat loud. A few people looked at me but I'm sure they didn't know what I was upset with. We finished and check was paid with about 2 minutes to go in the game. My wife said don't you want to watch the end of the game? I said this game is over. Very disappointing for sure. Nice to see URI on every tv in a Boston pub though. Wish we showed up.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yeah, their 2 guards are by far their 2 leading scorers, averaging 17 and 15 or something like that. None of their bigs average double figures. Why are our guards dropping off and helping in the post? I'll take my chances with their bigs scoring one on one rather than their guards taking wide open threes.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This is just not true
You’re right.

We’re worse than that.
It's almost like one coach inherited a program in perfect shape to make it back to the tournament but nuked it and one inherited a nuked program and is trying to rebuild from the ashes
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 months ago Yeah, their 2 guards are by far their 2 leading scorers, averaging 17 and 15 or something like that. None of their bigs average double figures. Why are our guards dropping off and helping in the post? I'll take my chances with their bigs scoring one on one rather than their guards taking wide open threes.
They're not 'helping in the post.' It kinda looks like that, but they're actually doin' the packy, where you only guard the yellow swath. So, if a guy is out there from just below the foul line extended and out, beyond the arc, you don't guard him, you retreat to the yellow. It's what you do.
packy.JPG
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 2 months ago

National TV.

Get blown out.

Most talk about potential transfers after this season has been focused around guys leaving because they don't currently have a role and might not be talented enough to be an A10 player. I actually think it will mostly be guys that have had a role this year out of necessity but haven't had the necessary buy in.

I have never heard a coach call their own team soft postgame as often as Archie has this season. You might hear it once or twice with the coach trying to light a fire, but that's been a consistent complaint from Archie this year. I imagine the players frustrating him the most now will be getting an unpleasant meeting after the season
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

This is just not true

Yeah, that's still not true. That team had legitimate talent, more than this year's team, but couldn't play at all together. I'm not sure how many guys on pure talent alone would make Cox' last team. 4 or 5?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

This is just not true

Eh we’re ahead of that, but not by much.

We now a practice facility, more individual talent, a better coaching staff, more state funding and a president who is committed to athletics.
I mostly agree, but disagree on the talent front. There was better talent on Cox' last two teams but he had no idea how to harness and utilize it
0 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Blue Man wrote: 2 months ago

This is just not true
You’re right.

We’re worse than that.
lol.

You’re too into your opposition character again.

David Cox inherited a championship program with 3 all-conference players and a wealth of NCAA and conference championship experience.

Please don’t compare the two. It’s laughable.

The comparison is Dan Hurley in his rebuild.

We’re right on pace for a 14 win season in year 2.

While the defense is a glaring issue, the biggest problem is the long spurts of non-existent offense. We can’t play in a half court, we need to be running. We don’t have a true PG.

Ben Hammond is that guy.

Like Hurley, we’d be getting our PG in year 3.

We’re a young team. Zero seniors. No one who knows how to win. Could catch fire in Brooklyn. Could disappoint.

It’s a rebuild. Act accordingly. Most importantly don’t blame the guy doing the rebuilding for the sins of the guy who crashed the program into the ground.
A 14 win season. Wohoo. I’m guessing our OOC schedule was loaded. Oh yeah, we’re counting JWU as one of those wins.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ok, call me Charmin...I watched Archie's presser, and have watched most of them...fwiw, I don't think I'd want to play for the guy
0 x