1/24 | Fordham | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Re: 1/24 | Fordham | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by ram1980 »

To quote the guy from the waterboy. OH no we suck again. Why are we playing slow ball. Why are we stubbornly sticking to this God awful pack line defense. Our guards are either getting constantly burned off the dribble or running around aimlessly giving up wide open threes. Foumena only one playing with emotion. What's the answer???
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

We don’t have a closer to take over at crunch time.

Students represented - well done.

If season ticket holders aren’t gonna show up behind the benches it’s time to move the students to those seats. Could have made a difference tonight.

Students showed up. Looks like the old curmudgeons have in large part bailed after a pair of beat downs.

Yorke actually called out a foul on House who wasn’t even in the game.

We could be so much better….

…should have been a 10 pt win tonight btw
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 3 months ago It looks like with another player or two we could be good by next season.
What makes you think that? Seriously.
Or could not be

This losing and sucking blows

effin fordham and you can’t win

I see no heart out there

None

Eff this
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago If you blame this loss on the ref you’re just looking for an excuse.

Gimme a goddamn break.

Refs had nothing to do with it.

At home, against fucking Fordham with their top scorer.

Nobody should be bringing up the refs.

Get outta here with that shit.
Senor sanctimonious,

It is possible to point out how abjectly horrible two uncalled fouls that took possession away from URI down 1 in the last 20 seconds affected our ability to win the game, without saying that was the only reason we lost.

No, that wasn’t the only reason we lost, but to pretend that it didn’t affect the outcome is asinine and obtuse.

I don’t think either team played well enough to win that game, but someone had to.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago If you blame this loss on the ref you’re just looking for an excuse.

Gimme a goddamn break.

This is why people said they wouldn't put money on Rhody lol
At least if you wager on Rhody, after you get stuck a couple times, you can just stop.
Season ticketholder that doubled their allotment...is getting stuck every. single. game....and no opt outs. It's kinda like a bad time share deal...with coat seats, plenty of leg room and short beer lines.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ram1980 wrote: 3 months ago To quote the guy from the waterboy. OH no we suck again. Why are we playing slow ball. Why are we stubbornly sticking to this God awful pack line defense. Our guards are either getting constantly burned off the dribble or running around aimlessly giving up wide open threes. Foumena only one playing with emotion. What's the answer???
lol...I said a couple times during the game..."there's X# minutes left...why do we look like we're playing for the last shot?"
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

A series of mostly mental errors ultimately cost us the game but the game down the stretch but that game was lost way before then. 34-27 Rhody and chance to create space and we played like garbage for 5 minutes. 54-51 us and we miss 2 front end of 1 and 1s and I believe Fou missed 2 as well. Just a really mentally soft team right now.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Just got back. Have our guys ever played basketball together before?

Unreal. Could spew a lot right here but it's not worth it tonight. Arch was clearly pissed in the post game presser, at himself and the play/players. And well he should be.

ETA: Yorke sucks. Bad.

Bourbon time.
Last edited by RI_Bred 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago

Gimme a goddamn break.

Senor sanctimonious,

It is possible to point out how abjectly horrible two uncalled fouls that took possession away from URI down 1 in the last 20 seconds affected our ability to win the game, without saying that was the only reason we lost.

No, that wasn’t the only reason we lost, but to pretend that it didn’t affect the outcome is asinine and obtuse.

I don’t think either team played well enough to win that game, but someone had to.

No idea his name, but the guy with the white hair has been fucking terrible for years. Every game.

HATE him.

With that said, didn’t think the end of the game was so egregious.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

OK, I'll say it. This doesn't mean I'm on the Hot Seat for Arch committee, but...seems to me...Arch had better players today and shoulda won. Just an observation.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago A series of mostly mental errors ultimately cost us the game but the game down the stretch but that game was lost way before then. 34-27 Rhody and chance to create space and we played like garbage for 5 minutes. 54-51 us and we miss 2 front end of 1 and 1s and I believe Fou missed 2 as well. Just a really mentally soft team right now.
Yes really good point that end of 1h killed us

I still can’t believe they shot 9-25 line and we lost so embarrassing!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I think we just have a bunch of dumb players

I mean ghastly turnover after ghastly turnover and it's really been that way for years now. How many passes have we inexplicably forced into traffic? It's nuts.
0 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago

Gimme a goddamn break.

Senor sanctimonious,

No idea his name, but the guy with the white hair has been fucking terrible for years. Every game.

HATE him.

With that said, didn’t think the end of the game was so egregious.
Brian O’Connell. Friar fans know him well
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Brutal loss. I thought Archie was doing good with the rotations until later in the game. I hate to single players out, but my goodness Green was terrible tonight. 5 turnovers in 15 minutes!! And 0-2 from the stripe to boot. His body language was awful from the start. He clearly didn't have it tonight, and that happens to everyone at times, just was what it was for him tonight. It was clear as day though, so why go with him late in the game like that?? But I digress. Now we need to see how they respond from a brutally close loss at home. Hope it's better than my gut tells me it will be.

Just some other quick thoughts...

Fuchs is a monster at times, and we are already out of that game much earlier on without his contribution. But shit, you let a ball bounce off of your forehead in a critical moment like that? Then grab your shoulder to pretend you were fouled? If he can toughen up a bit more out there (still too much of that soft/Euro flopping around for me), he will be an absolute force.

I liked most of what Weston brought off the bench. Good energy, mostly solid D, some nice plays on offense. But still a bit forced at times (mainly when he tried to dunk it from the FT line on the break when a simple dish to Fuchs had us a wide open layup).

Foumena was a nice spark as well. Always brings a lot of energy and helped keep us in it with a lot of guys struggling on offense. I'm good with one three per game from him though (or none).

Cam had some beautiful finishes at the rim. Plays pretty good D too. Kid is going to be a stud.

Luis feels like he's not quite 100% since that knee issue against UMASS. Maybe I'm imagining that, but he doesn't seem to be finishing quite as strong as he had been during our mini W streak. Not crazy with the 4 turnovers tonight, but he made up for it with the 9 assists.

Bad back or not, I think Zek needs a game or two to clear his head, so I was glad to see him sitting tonight. He's unfortunately contributed zero for a long stretch now. He needs to find some form again and start contributing somewhere (anywhere) for us. It's killing us not getting anything from him for as long as it's been now.

Onto GM I guess. 🤷‍♂️
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago I think we just have a bunch of dumb players

I mean ghastly turnover after ghastly turnover and it's really been that way for years now. How many passes have we inexplicably forced into traffic? It's nuts.
But, still...it seemed like Rhody had better players. Should've won. Is that really debatable? Do we not have better players than Fordham? (At least what Fordham put out there tonight?)
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

RF1 wrote: 3 months ago You should all be happy that they didn't lose by 30+ points. Tonight was progress. :lol:
@ Saint Louis
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago I think we just have a bunch of dumb players

But, still...it seemed like Rhody had better players. Should've won. Is that really debatable? Do we not have better players than Fordham? (At least what Fordham put out there tonight?)
We definitely do

We made up for their lack of talent with our inopportune turnovers.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago There were some bad noncalls by the refs, but we deserved to lose. Missed free throws, stretches of absolutely hideous offense in the half-court, horrible defense, dumb turnovers, and Archie putting Green in way too late, so he comes in ice cold. This is a very bad loss after getting smoked in back-to-back games. I keep trying to come up with excuses for our head coach that I have a lot of faith in, but it's getting tough. All the momentum of 3-0 is long gone.. Horrible loss.
Green had 4 fouls in 15 minutes played. I'm not really sure what Archie can do when a player decides to go full Greek God of Committing Fouls.

Never go full Greek God of Committing Fouls
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

You know what really frustrates me? Tonight, my PC friends texted me saying, "We might not be the most talented team, especially without Hopkins, but this is the hardest-working squad we've had in years." I haven't felt that way since Dan left.. It gets me sad..

Even after losing their star player, PC could have crumbled, but they're outworking teams with more talent. Take Fordham tonight—they were missing their top player, but did they throw in the towel on the road? No, they out-hustled and outcoached us.

What's the deal with our team looking so lackluster under Archie during crucial moments? Why do we seem lazy when it matters most? How do you lose by 30 in consecutive games and then play so sluggishly? Fordham came out blazing in the second half, and we seemed half-asleep..that's on coaching!

I was one of those preaching that we could bounce back after our embarrassing losses, giving Archie the benefit of the doubt. However, this might be the worst loss of the season for me. We desperately needed a win after two disgusting losses. We had a good crowd, a significant advantage without their top player once again, and we still performed like this?

And that half-court offense..holding the ball at the top of the key, running the same pick and roll repeatedly with 10 seconds left—it felt like watching a David Cox team. Also how do you not go with that lineup that was locking Fordham up and made a nice run to end the first half? I thought that lineup was playing fun loose basketball and played great D. We didn't see it again.

Last year we used the excuse that we didn't have the bodies or the talent to win. I agree with that..You can't make that excuse this year.. This team can win under good coaching. We've seen some great coaching moments from Archie, but it's really, really worrisome that we continue to check out for long stretches under him.

I am not looking forward to Saturday. It could be another 30 pt loss on the road.. This sucks.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago Horrible loss, but of course people will give Archie a pass again. He was out-coached.
Did Archie kick your dog or something?
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

reef wrote: 3 months ago
Joe95 wrote: 3 months ago I’ll check back in next November, hopefully bye then Archie will have us playing “good basketball”.
Yeah we will be good when we are good

Not sure if this current group is the answer , maybe he can find better players ?
It is more than the players!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago The only thing more embarrassing than that performance was our announcing crew. Both are a laughing stock presently. Brutal
Shitting on college kids, a true profile in class
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago ...holding the ball at the top of the key, running the same pick and roll repeatedly with 10 seconds left—it felt like watching a David Cox team.
Absolutely infuriating to watch.

And for once I thought the team looked better with Wright in there, and he was on the bench for the last quarter at least. WTF?
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The David Green allure has worn off.

He’s just another guy.
4 x
Go Rhody
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago Horrible loss, but of course people will give Archie a pass again. He was out-coached.
Did Archie kick your dog or something?
Do you realize that most of these issues are related to coaching? I know you’re focused on the team being good in 3 years, but I’m focusing on this season right now. Some of these losses have seriously been embarrassing.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago There were some bad noncalls by the refs, but we deserved to lose. Missed free throws, stretches of absolutely hideous offense in the half-court, horrible defense, dumb turnovers, and Archie putting Green in way too late, so he comes in ice cold. This is a very bad loss after getting smoked in back-to-back games. I keep trying to come up with excuses for our head coach that I have a lot of faith in, but it's getting tough. All the momentum of 3-0 is long gone.. Horrible loss.
Green had 4 fouls in 15 minutes played. I'm not really sure what Archie can do when a player decides to go full Greek God of Committing Fouls.

Never go full Greek God of Committing Fouls
So you would rather he not play him for the rest of the game? We need our best players in late. He's a good player against the zone with his ability to hit the 3 or he can drive and attack. Instead, he put him in with 28 seconds left ice cold. He should have gone in a few minutes earlier, in my opinion. If he fouls out he fouls out.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

McRam wrote: 3 months ago
reef wrote: 3 months ago
Joe95 wrote: 3 months ago I’ll check back in next November, hopefully bye then Archie will have us playing “good basketball”.
Yeah we will be good when we are good

Not sure if this current group is the answer , maybe he can find better players ?
It is more than the players!
One day people here will see that it trickles down. The coaching hasn’t been good enough. Archie and the guys haven’t gotten this team to consistently play well.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 3 months ago It looks like with another player or two we could be good by next season.
We need a floor general and he arrives next season. Estevez is coming along nicely and has potential to be a good 2 way player as soon as next season.
House needs to be coached up more on the defensive end and that is why we have a coaching staff but he is a legit scorer and will be harder to deal with as other guys around him become bigger threats. Kortright is fine for a bench role. Fuchs is a solid big who does a great job of fighting for position underneath even though he mostly plays below the rim and is not a shot blocker. David Green has shown flashes of really good play. Foumena really enjoys playing basketball and will put the time in to get better. He is improving on defense and always runs the floor. I'm not sure what is going on with Montgomery but he looked very athletic early in the season so I'm not giving up on him.

I consider an NIT team a good team. I consider NCAA Tournament teams as great teams.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago ...holding the ball at the top of the key, running the same pick and roll repeatedly with 10 seconds left—it felt like watching a David Cox team.
Absolutely infuriating to watch.

And for once I thought the team looked better with Wright in there, and he was on the bench for the last quarter at least. WTF?
I've been one of the biggest critics of Ways but I thought the offense looked solid with him out there. You need quick thinkers and high-IQ players against a team like Fordham with the way they pressure you. He also played very solid D in the first half. I wanted to see that lineup again and we never did.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

DeanDome88 wrote: 3 months ago
We need a floor general and he arrives next season. Estevez is coming along nicely and has potential to be a good 2 way player as soon as next season.
House needs to be coached up more on the defensive end and that is why we have a coaching staff but he is a legit scorer and will be harder to deal with as other guys around him become bigger threats. Kortright is fine for a bench role. Fuchs is a solid big who does a great job of fighting for position underneath even though he mostly plays below the rim and is not a shot blocker. David Green has shown flashes of really good play. Foumena really enjoys playing basketball and will put the time in to get better. He is improving on defense and always runs the floor. I'm not sure what is going on with Montgomery but he looked very athletic early in the season so I'm not giving up on him.

I consider an NIT team a good team. I consider NCAA Tournament teams as great teams.
Ya, this is the thing. We have some good pieces. That's what makes losses like these so frustrating..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm really hoping that after tonight we at least stick with the tighter rotation that we saw. Luis, House, Estevez, Green, Fuchs, Foumena and Weston. Hopefully add in Zek when he is healthy and back to himself. Ways and Brown for just a few minutes or in case of foul trouble. But let those first 7-8 guys get the majority of the minutes and build more chemistry and confidence before the conference tournament.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Is Zek injured? Sorry if I missed it...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Kyle Rose played 36 minutes with energy and skill. 8-12 FG, 4-6 3P, 4-4 FT for a game hi 24 points. He also had a team hi 6 rebounds. I heard in the stands comments like "come on House" and "get House out of there". House struggled on defense at times. He played only 25 minutes with 4 PFs.

At 14:50 in 1st half AND at 16:17 in the 2nd half David Green committed 2 Lane Violations on FTs. Crazy that you rarely see Lane violations but 2 in one game from the same player? Green lazily leaned in the lane too quickly the 1st time and the 2nd time just entered too soon.

URI led 34-27 with a minute to go in the 1st half AND URI had the ball but settled for 34-31 at halftime with Fordham taking a long 2 to try to tie at the buzzer. Big missed opportunity to go into the half at least up by 7 but went in up only 3. Weston took a contested 3P attempt with a minute to go up by 7 and missed. Miller was clearly not happy with Weston's shot attempt.

In the 2nd half Weston kicked his leg into Charlton and Weston got called for the foul. Weston had words with Miller when he got pulled after than foul and Weston was mumbling and shaking his head as he walked down the bench. Not a good look by Weston.

With 1:30 to go in the game Kortright dribbled to the left of the lane, had the ball stolen and a long pass to Charlton who beat both Weston and House for the easy breakaway bucket

Take away Kyle Rose making 4-4 FTs and Fordham only shot 5-21 FTs for the game

9 steals for Fordham to only 4 for URI. Fordham fought hard for many loose balls, knocked balls loose and often players were giving on the floor to try for loose balls. Fordham played like they wanted this game more than URI.

6 Turnovers for Fordham to 14 for URI

URI out rebounded Fordham 42-31

Fuchs had 12 points and 17 rebounds
Kortright had 10 points and 9 assists
Green had 5 Turnovers in only 15 minutes of play. This was a game high.

IMG_2046.jpeg
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago You know what really frustrates me? Tonight, my PC friends texted me saying, "We might not be the most talented team, especially without Hopkins, but this is the hardest-working squad we've had in years." I haven't felt that way since Dan left.. It gets me sad..

Even after losing their star player, PC could have crumbled, but they're outworking teams with more talent. Take Fordham tonight—they were missing their top player, but did they throw in the towel on the road? No, they out-hustled and outcoached us.

What's the deal with our team looking so lackluster under Archie during crucial moments? Why do we seem lazy when it matters most? How do you lose by 30 in consecutive games and then play so sluggishly? Fordham came out blazing in the second half, and we seemed half-asleep..that's on coaching!

I was one of those preaching that we could bounce back after our embarrassing losses, giving Archie the benefit of the doubt. However, this might be the worst loss of the season for me. We desperately needed a win after two disgusting losses. We had a good crowd, a significant advantage without their top player once again, and we still performed like this?

And that half-court offense..holding the ball at the top of the key, running the same pick and roll repeatedly with 10 seconds left—it felt like watching a David Cox team. Also how do you not go with that lineup that was locking Fordham up and made a nice run to end the first half? I thought that lineup was playing fun loose basketball and played great D. We didn't see it again.

Last year we used the excuse that we didn't have the bodies or the talent to win. I agree with that..You can't make that excuse this year.. This team can win under good coaching. We've seen some great coaching moments from Archie, but it's really, really worrisome that we continue to check out for long stretches under him.

I am not looking forward to Saturday. It could be another 30 pt loss on the road.. This sucks.
Very well said Stevey !
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago The only thing more embarrassing than that performance was our announcing crew. Both are a laughing stock presently. Brutal
Shitting on college kids, a true profile in class
Isn’t there a road or airport for you to go scream at.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

There’s no way around it, that was a terrible loss. No excuses and no one to blame but ourselves. Awful. That said, I do think we have a bunch of young guys that are improving and playing better than freshman usually do around here. Weston is improving too. You also can’t say that these young guys are all going to transfer. That’s a baseless statement. In this new BS world of college hoops, we will wait and see what happens after the season, like every other team in the country. Such a joke. Believe me, the little bit of positivity that I have in me is not getting in the way of the fact that this team is very hard to watch.
Last edited by Rhody_NYCT 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Is guess the portal is a crap shoot, neva know what you are going to get, ther in the portal for various reasons, but bottom line they are someone else’s cast offs. Whether it be between the ears, hoops IQ, not complete players, lacking some fundamentals, not diamonds in the rough.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Archie must have had the staff and team read: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck and they took it to heart.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I can’t say that I’ve seen many teams that struggle so mightily with running back on defense. On that long pass Ramster referenced which led to a layup if you watch it back you see numerous guys just loafing it. Make it make sense.
2 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

My unnerving observation watching that lackluster performance was the numerous interactions between head coach and players that brought frustrated reactions from the players and the same type of frustration between players during some of their interactions. Maybe reading too much into it, but I feel there is a growing disconnect on this team. Seems that someone's frustration is close to boiling over. Someone on staff needs to reign this in.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago I can’t say that I’ve seen many teams that struggle so mightily with running back on defense. On that long pass Ramster referenced which led to a layup if you watch it back you see numerous guys just loafing it. Make it make sense.
Yes, the transition to defense has been mentioned before. I recall at the Evening with Archie event in EG, last spring, Archie reffered to this team being fastest he has had, something like that. Which had me think we would push the ball every possession, play some pressure defense uptempo run etc. So that now leaves me with we have a very slow fast team.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago I can’t say that I’ve seen many teams that struggle so mightily with running back on defense. On that long pass Ramster referenced which led to a layup if you watch it back you see numerous guys just loafing it. Make it make sense.
Yes, the transition to defense has been mentioned before. I recall at the Evening with Archie event in EG, last spring, Archie reffered to this team being fastest he has had, something like that. Which had me think we would push the ball every possession, play some pressure defense uptempo run etc. So that now leaves me with we have a very slow fast team.
With 1:43 to go in the game, Fordham up 62-61 URI had the ball. Kortright dribbled to the left of the lane, had the ball stolen by A10 Preseason All A10 Defensive Team Member Kyle Rose who threw a long pass to 6'5" 205 lb Antrell Charlton who beat both Brandon Weston and Jaden House for the easy breakaway layup.

Weston and House had one job to do after the ball was stolen from Kortright by Rose and they did not do it.

Miller will likely play that sequence over and over again.

1. Steal from Kortright by All Conference Defensive Team Kyle Rose
2. Rose looking up-court and seeing Charlton
3. Beautiful leading pass from Rose for the Assist
4. Nice catch and layup by Charlton
5. House and Weston late getting back and anticipating the pass and catch
6. Fundamental defensive lapse

IMG_2047.jpeg
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

After the last 2 horrible losses on the road and now getting beat by Fordham at home without their best player is certainly disappointing.
I was feeling pretty good after our 4-game winning streak and 3-0 conference start.
Oh well, things can turn around quickly.
This team seems to go on streaks both good and bad, somehow we need to develop some consistency. That is on the staff.

I still have faith in Archie and crew to get it done.
Our roster has some good pieces and I like our young talent.
They just need to put it all together on a regular basis, the staff has their work cut out for them.

They don't have much time before they travel down to Fairfax and face Mason on Saturday.
GM has talent, just beat the Bonnies, and road games are always difficult.

Nobody said it was easy being a Rhody fan.
2 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Haven't read anything else on thus thread since before the game.

Missing the free throws at the end was brutal, but Fordham missed more than that throughout the game and we shouldn't use that as an excuse.

We lost because of the terrible defense the first 4 minutes of the second half where we gave up several easy runs to the basket where they just blew past the defense. Surprisingly, Weston started the second half and he got beat badly at least once. I couldn't tell you the others without looking at the replay. We came out really flat. Yes, Weston played well in the first half but starting him in the second half just didn't work.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 months ago Haven't read anything else on thus thread since before the game.

Missing the free throws at the end was brutal, but Fordham missed more than that throughout the game and we shouldn't use that as an excuse.

We lost because of the terrible defense the first 4 minutes of the second half where we gave up several easy runs to the basket where they just blew past the defense. Surprisingly, Weston started the second half and he got beat badly at least once. I couldn't tell you the others without looking at the replay. We came out really flat. Yes, Weston played well in the first half but starting him in the second half just didn't work.
Archie says exactly that Kevan........

Says the group we started the second half played poorly, really poorly

The group that started the 2nd half:
House
Weston
Green
Kortright
Fuchs

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Year 2 of Archie.

His guys.

Favored at home against Fordham.

Fordham shoots 36% from the FT line.

Fordham missing their top scorer.

NO WAY this should have even been a game, nevermind a loss.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Also I can’t see how Brown continues to go into the game before Foumena after last night.

Shouldn’t even be a question.
0 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Is guess the portal is a crap shoot, neva know what you are going to get, ther in the portal for various reasons, but bottom line they are someone else’s cast offs. Whether it be between the ears, hoops IQ, not complete players, lacking some fundamentals, not diamonds in the rough.
You know, this is a great point and I never thought of it this way. Simple. Either someone else's cast-offs for whatever reason, or a real blue-chip stud that is looking for a bigger investment from some program with more cash.

Kinda makes me sick being a URI fan...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago
section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Is guess the portal is a crap shoot, neva know what you are going to get, ther in the portal for various reasons, but bottom line they are someone else’s cast offs. Whether it be between the ears, hoops IQ, not complete players, lacking some fundamentals, not diamonds in the rough.
You know, this is a great point and I never thought of it this way. Simple. Either someone else's cast-offs for whatever reason, or a real blue-chip stud that is looking for a bigger investment from some program with more cash.

Kinda makes me sick being a URI fan...

ruined college sports - absolutely ruined it

here we are wondering on a year to year basis if we will lose our best players

makes me sick
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ram1980 wrote: 3 months ago My unnerving observation watching that lackluster performance was the numerous interactions between head coach and players that brought frustrated reactions from the players and the same type of frustration between players during some of their interactions. Maybe reading too much into it, but I feel there is a growing disconnect on this team. Seems that someone's frustration is close to boiling over. Someone on staff needs to reign this in.
This is accurate! One time , Miller was talking to Weston when he came out, and it ended with Archie walking away and Weston kinda of shrugging his shoulders as if to say “ I don’t understand .

Has Archie simply lost this team?
0 x