We Goin' Streaking?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

How long will URI's Winning Streak Last?

Poll ended at 3 months ago

2 (lose @ Davidson)
38%
3 (lose vs UMass)
23%
4 (lose @ Bonnies)
21%
5 (lose @ Dayton)
6%
6+ (STREAKING)
11%

Total votes: 47

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: We Goin' Streaking?

Unread post by theblueram »

We streakin tonight???? Got a good feeling!!! LFG!!!!!
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago We streakin tonight???? Got a good feeling!!! LFG!!!!!

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It doesn’t get much bigger baby !
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

We suck again!
4 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Streaking is over. Just ran back in the house and put my clothes back on. Plus the neighbors were about to call the police on me anyway. And it’s too cold out!
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago Streaking is over. Just ran back in the house and put my clothes back on. Plus the neighbors were about to call the police on me anyway. And it’s too cold out!
Good thing! Some Bonnie was about to dunk on you too!
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago
theblueram wrote: 3 months ago We streakin tonight???? Got a good feeling!!! LFG!!!!!

That song makes me want to vomit. CUT PEA BAIT!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Well, I hate that I was right.

This doesn't change my optimism from before this game. Progress isn't linear unfortunately
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Hey 21%…

Correct.

And yes RR02. Progress most definitely isn’t linear, but we’ve already tied last year’s win total with 14 games to go.

Improvement is all but assured. See what we can do on Saturday.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Maybe a different streaking poll?
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We are streaking cause the Bonnies and Flyers have ripped off our shorts
4 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago We are streaking cause the Bonnies and Flyers have ripped off our shorts
Not a streak, TBR, but I think (hope?) we can get our shorts back on and win and have a good shot at winning 3 (at home against FU, LaS and Duq) of our next 4.

That would put us at 6-3 at the midway point in conference, which is pretty good.

However, Archie and staff have a lot of work to do to get this team focused on what’s ahead versus hanging their heads over two brutal beat-downs.

Big turning point game coming up Wednesday at home against FU! Hoping for the best so, we’ll see how the team responds.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

A little adversity and we fold and hang our heads. We need some leaders. Who are the leaders? I t looked like Green was going to be one, but he folded and hung his head today too. If our leaders are folding and hanging their heads, the followers will follow.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The way we play it’s hard to predict wins and losses right now , just have to hope we get our share of wins the rest of way
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 months ago A little adversity and we fold and hang our heads. We need some leaders. Who are the leaders? I t looked like Green was going to be one, but he folded and hung his head today too. If our leaders are folding and hanging their heads, the followers will follow.
Headhangers Ball
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago
theblueram wrote: 3 months ago We are streaking cause the Bonnies and Flyers have ripped off our shorts
Not a streak, TBR, but I think (hope?) we can get our shorts back on and win and have a good shot at winning 3 (at home against FU, LaS and Duq) of our next 4.

That would put us at 6-3 at the midway point in conference, which is pretty good.

However, Archie and staff have a lot of work to do to get this team focused on what’s ahead versus hanging their heads over two brutal beat-downs.

Big turning point game coming up Wednesday at home against FU! Hoping for the best so, we’ll see how the team responds.
We could beat Fordham by 30, then go to Mason, turn it over on the first possession and our entire team will go "oh no, here we go again" immediately give up and lose by 30.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago

We could beat Fordham by 30, then go to Mason, turn it over on the first possession and our entire team will go "oh no, here we go again" immediately give up and lose by 30.
:lol: (what else can ya do?)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago

"oh no, here we go again" immediately give up and lose by 30
You make it sound like a patented formula. :lol: (It did kinda maybe look like that, but Jaden House didn't seem to give up on going after those buckets.)

Just for fun, on Wednesday, if Rhody starts by turning it over for a score, everyone should yell "oh NO!" and then just quiet down to hushed buzzing conversation. Just for fun. Or blue balloons. Or something. Anything.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

….paper bags over head with :-(
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Get strippers for the game, maybe these guys will wake up.
1 x
GO RAMS
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

we're now streaking in the wrong direction. Make it stop!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

3 and counting! Wheeeeeeeee!!!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Okay, 3 wins, then streaking in the wrong diretion with 3 losses - grr. On the road at Dayton and SBU is understandable (though not by 30+ points). At home vs. Fordham is not. This team is not the same as the one playing the first 3 games. We need that team back. May a new winning streak begin at GMU Saturday - after that, there are 2 winnable games at home vs. LaSalle and Duquesne. Followed by 2 road games at GWU and UMass, then home vs. Loyola. Could end up being a season of streaks good and bad.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This team continues its Jeckyl and Hyde streak ways. It seems to be a multi game series of either good or bad. Amaziningly it has not yet won just one game in a row or lost just one game in row. It has been multiple game streaks in opposite directions all year long.

URI Schedule to date
W x3
L x2
W x2
L x5
W x4
L x3
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

So technically, we've always been streaking.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago So technically, we've always been streaking.
Unless they win tomorrow...then the streaking is over.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago

Not necessarily. A win tomorrow would end a multi game losing streak but could be the start of multi game win streak. The next two games are at home versus LaSalle and Duquesne.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 3 months ago

Not necessarily. A win tomorrow would end a multi game losing streak but could be the start of multi game win streak. The next two games are at home versus LaSalle and Duquesne.
Love the confidence
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago

Love the confidence

I have zero confidence in what will happen for this team. I am just merely throwing out the possibility which would, if it were to happen, fit the ongoing streak pattern.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago

Love the confidence

I have zero confidence in what will happen for this team. I am just merely throwing out the possibility which would, if it were to happen, fit the ongoing streak pattern.
I understand. I thought you were saying they would be easy wins. I just think back to watching last March when LaSalle sent us home on Tuesday. Fran Dunphy is an excellent, experience HC and I would not be surprised at all if LaSalle beats us. Duquesne is not going to be an easy game at all imho.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Until this team starts to consistently play with intensity on defense winning streaks will be few and far between.

That to me is what is so frustrating.

Even with limited talent you can still play hard.

There is NO excuse for it! Normally a coach would sit guys who loaf during games..
But we have too many doing it.

Until this changes, it's really hard to keep watching this.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I guess ya could say we are now really streaking……tied with LaSalle with a 4 streak, update, they are beating GW, their streak broken. In the RC Wednesday.
Last edited by section(105) 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Or reaking…
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago I guess ya could say we are now really streaking……tied with LaSalle with a 4 streak, update, they are beating GW, their streak broken. In the RC Wednesday.
Woo hoo! Get your tix now, the Ry gonna be rockin'! Amirite?!?!?!?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yep, we goin' streaking alright!! Look at dem streaks!!

streakin.png
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund