Rhody Radio Feedback

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Rhody Radio Feedback

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Decided to listen to tonight’s game while sitting in the car awaiting my son’s soccer practice to end. Without any other visual or audible distractions, I have been able to hear a few avoidable production problems.

First, every time Steve or Chris raise the volume of their voice the sound crackles. Think about every “play of the game” replay you’ve ever heard while driving home from a game over the years. Crackles every time on even the slightest increase in volume. This is absolutely avoidable and unprofessional. There’s really no reason I can think of why this hasn’t already been fixed literally years ago. Just test the volume levels before going on the air or something, right?? Come on!

Second, and this may need confirmation from my KeaneyBlue friends, is the apparent sound of Steve talking while eating. In the first half coming back from commercial he could be heard chewing and just sounding like he’s doing his reads while food is in his mouth. Unfortunately I don’t think this is an unlikely explanation. There is a clear difference in the sound of his voice when coming back from commercial vs when he’s otherwise minutes into calling the game.

I want everything in our program to be first class, and radio is something achievable (streaming-only not withstanding). We give the students who call the ESPN stream a really tough time and they’re not getting paid or doing this for a living. It’s only fair to give criticism to our professional team media.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Rhody Radio Feedback

Unread post by section(105) »

Yep, Whatta we gonna do? Same ol same ol…….
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

With regards to the TV broadcast no mention of the Zek Montgomery absence !
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

And the espn+ guys do not cut it, but Whatta we gonna do? Hire low/unpaid professionals?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 3 months ago With regards to the TV broadcast no mention of the Zek Montgomery absence !
He is not absent, he is here. He is on the bench, was out on the court for warmups but didn’t participate. Not dressed to play.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I totally forgot that when using the app, if you lose cellular service, the game goes bye bye.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago
reef wrote: 3 months ago With regards to the TV broadcast no mention of the Zek Montgomery absence !
He is not absent, he is here. He is on the bench, was out on the court for warmups but didn’t participate. Not dressed to play.
Yeah I saw him , the announcers didn’t even mention he wasn’t playing , I know not their fault cuz they are students but it’s just a bad product like we talked about
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 3 months ago
ramster wrote: 3 months ago
Yeah I saw him , the announcers didn’t even mention he wasn’t playing , I know not their fault cuz they are students but it’s just a bad product like we talked about
Uh, it’s 100% their fault. How can you say it’s not?

It’s their job to know who is and is not playing for us.

Doesn’t matter that they’re students.
2 x
Go Rhody
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Great points on the radio broadcast... Still night and day better than what's on ESPN.

Would it kill the students running the ESPN broadcast to use the stat sheet they have in front of them? It is hilarious when the only stat they give when calling the game is literally reading what's featured on the screen in the broadcast we are all watching.
I really miss the days of Stone Freeman. He was a real asset but I hate to say it, he opened the door for these students to run the ESPN + broadcast.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th