1/17 | St. Bonaventure | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/17 | St. Bonaventure | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by section(105) »

rjv wrote: 3 months ago so is Rory hurt or is it he will not be on the team next year

I will go for choice B.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 months ago Sometimes it’s a good thing to get spanked like this. I hope this is one of them.
There's never a good time to get sp-janked...jmo. If you can go through the whole season and not get spanked...no one will say, "y'know what would have been good? It would have been good to take on a massive ass-kick (like this). Too bad that didn't happen." No one ever says that.

This is miserable, hopefully there is better spin on here in the am.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago This student sure puts ours to shame too
I assume you mean student section. Who knew putting students on the sideline on the floor instead of in the end zone in the 200 and 300s could lead to a better student section?
That too

I meant their halftime reporter. He could actually complete sentences.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago Is there a game tonight ?
No game tonight, ECR. Just a crime in progress.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Reminds me of when we got demolished in 2018 by st joes after steamrolling for a while. We’ll be okay.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago

So you don’t watch our games when we’re getting blown out but you’ll watch high school games?
When we go down 30 and my other favorite NBA team is playing, yes, I put that game on. And yes, I watch high school games sometimes when our recruits play. You don't do that right? You're too cool for that, right?
I prefer to do many other things than watch high school games online. Yes.

As are 99% of other people here.

Just odd you turn off a game with players on our actual team, yet spend hours watching multiple high school games of mostly random teenagers.
Dude millions of fans across the country watch recruits high school football and basketball games you're a fucking dupshit

Like are you seriously claiming no one does that? Jesus christ.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago Wait I shut it off earlier.. We are down 40 now!!?? hahaha....
So you don’t watch our games when we’re getting blown out but you’ll watch high school games?
When we go down 30 and my other favorite NBA team is playing, yes, I put that game on. And yes, I watch high school games sometimes when our recruits play. You don't do that right? You're too cool for that, right?
Also hilarious your boy Dubsky has played the last 8 minutes of the game yet you’re not watching. 😂

You’ve spent more time watching Dubsky playing in high school than in college.

Think about that.

Wild.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago This is a wake up call that our defense is still shit.
I don’t think this is definitive of anything. These games happen. Laugh it off, burn the tape, move on.

3-2 in our first five games was a best case scenario by anyone before the season started, nevermind in December.

We’ll be fine.
“These games happen” is a cop out any time we get blown out.

30-40 point conference blowouts don’t, or shouldn’t, happen.

Losing like this isn’t a regularly occurrence. Saying these games happen make it sounds like people should expect to lose by 30+ once or twice a year and just chalk it up to “ah well, they’re college kids.”
These don’t happen. It’s historic and out of the ordinary. Hence why it’s a “laugh it off” and not a “worrying trend.”
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago

I like blue man’s take

Burn the tape
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Schmitt with a classy move at the end with the no shot call.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 months ago Schmitt with a classy move at the end with the no shot call.
I think we deserved more punishment to be honest
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I don’t think this is definitive of anything. These games happen. Laugh it off, burn the tape, move on.

3-2 in our first five games was a best case scenario by anyone before the season started, nevermind in December.

We’ll be fine.
“These games happen” is a cop out any time we get blown out.

30-40 point conference blowouts don’t, or shouldn’t, happen.

Losing like this isn’t a regularly occurrence. Saying these games happen make it sounds like people should expect to lose by 30+ once or twice a year and just chalk it up to “ah well, they’re college kids.”
These don’t happen. It’s historic and out of the ordinary. Hence why it’s a “laugh it off” and not a “worrying trend.”
Historically bad....
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Yes.

Just odd you turn off a game with players on our actual team, yet spend hours watching multiple high school games of mostly random teenagers.
It's really not that odd, but I know you're too stupid to get it. When we don't show up, and we get absolutely destroyed, and the Lakers, who I love, are on ABC, I put the Lakers on because our game is over. I watch high school games because I like to see how good our recruits are. For some reason, you are obsessed with me watching recruits. You won't stop talking about it and It's starting to creep me out. I've asked you to leave me alone a few times to the point where I had to block you. You still couldn't do it. I sit in 211. Let me know where you sit, and let's talk about it in person because I'm sick and fucking tired of you coming at me on here out of nowhere. I know you're a tough guy on here. I can't wait to see it in person.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago Yeah the last two weeks don't mean shit now

This might be the most lopsided A-10 loss we have EVER had

Archie needs to fuckin check himself for this bs
How did I know this bullshit would be back? Zero perspective
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 months ago

I like blue man’s take

Burn the tape
Leave the game tape with Olean PD as evidence of the crime. :lol:
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Nope, sorry, play that tape over and over in our new practice center video room……
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yes.

It's really not that odd, but I know you're too stupid to get it. When we don't show up, and we get absolutely destroyed, and the Lakers, who I love, are on ABC, I put the Lakers on because our game is over. I watch high school games because I like to see how good our recruits are. For some reason, you are obsessed with me watching recruits. You won't stop talking about it and It's starting to creep me out. I've asked you to leave me alone a few times to the point where I had to block you. You still couldn't do it. I sit in 211. Let me know where you sit, and let's talk about it in person because I'm sick and fucking tired of you coming at me on here out of nowhere. I know you're a tough guy on here. I can't wait to see it in person.
I just do not understand it man, I don’t.

You watch so much tape of incoming freshman, yet don’t want to watch them when they’re actually in the game at URI?

You knew it was a blowout, so you had to have guessed Dubsky would most likely get in.

If I spent so much time watching our incoming high school kids, I would want to watch them play when they’re actually at our school, regardless of the score and whatever other favorite teams are on.
Last edited by Rhody15 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Ok so we got kicked in the balls. Yesterdays news. Off to Dayton. Big matchup !!!!!!!
4 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Ok that’s over. Get them ready for Saturday Archie!!!!

GO RHODY!
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Oh please

No it's concerning when you get beat by 40. It's never okay to let that happen.

But yeah sure no big deal, biggest ass beating we've had in the A-10 since Jerry D

I know that we can recover, but sorry it's not acceptable! Archie would say the same.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rjv wrote: 3 months ago so is Rory hurt or is it he will not be on the team next year
He’s out of the rotation.

Do you want Archie to play 10+ guys?

Can’t play everyone.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Nope, sorry, play that tape over and over in our new practice center video room……
Like that scene in the movie Clockwork Orange ?

:shock:
1 x
KeaneyTheChemist
Abdul Fox

Unread post by KeaneyTheChemist »

A reminder that in Hurley's second year, the 2013-14 season, his biggest A10 conference play loss was by 16 on the road to a darn good VCU team.

This is unacceptable tonight. It's one thing to try and lose, and it's another thing to completely give up on defense and surrender basically 100 points. Archie needs to get these guys better prepared for gameday.
Last edited by KeaneyTheChemist 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

That was ugly. To think I was finally starting to look forward to games again…they suck you in only to crush your soul.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RIFan wrote: 3 months ago That was ugly. To think I was finally starting to look forward to games again…they suck you in only to crush your soul.
I mean, absolutely can still look forward to games.

We got blitzed yes, but still counts as 1 loss.

Came out healthy, about as much as you can ask for after that.

Give me Rhody +35 @ Dayton though!
4 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I didn’t think we would win tonight but ooph…I never imagined that ass whipping.

Nut up, Rhody! Don’t let that happen again!

Let’s go!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Yes.

You watch so much tape of incoming freshman, yet don’t want to watch them when they’re actually in the game at URI?

You knew it was a blowout, so you had to have guessed Dubsky would most likely get in.

If I spent so much time watching our incoming high school kids, I would want to watch them play when they’re actually at our school, regardless of the score and whatever other favorite teams are on.
I said Connor wouldn't be a part of the rotation this year, so his not playing is not a surprise to me. I watch our recruits because I hope they will help us win, and I'm intrigued to see what they look like as players. I post clips of them so fans of this program who don't watch can see them. 99% of people like it. You, for some reason, can't handle it.. Like, dude, why are you so obsessed with how I spend my time? I work full time, I see friends/family, I play in adult leagues, and I watch some high school ball when I can. I watch a lot of basketball. I watch a lot of tennis too. I don't watch our recruits, so I can see them play in college when we are down by 40. I could give a shit about that.

You come on here and act like a complete asshole all the time. I don't understand it, but you continue to do it. So we don't understand each other. The difference is you won't stop talking about it. So next Wednesday, we play at home against Fordham. Since you can't comprehend what I write, I'll try to explain it to you in person. Let's meet at the pub if you don't want to tell me where you sit. Hopefully, I can explain it to you in a way you can understand because I'm sick and tired of this bullshit.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago

Oh please

But yeah sure no big deal, biggest ass beating we've had in the A-10 since Jerry D

I know that we can recover, but sorry it's not acceptable! Archie would say the same.
If Archie would say the same then why does he "need to check himself?" Whatever that means in this context.

Our last tournament team lost by 30 points, at home, to a team that went 16-16 (10-8).

Tonight didn't erase anything. Not every game needs to be a damn referendum on the coach
3 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

KeaneyTheChemist wrote: 3 months ago A reminder that in the Hurley's second year, the 2013-14 season, his biggest A10 conference play loss was by 16 on the road to a darn good VCU team.
And the best Rhody team in the last 25 years lost to a 13-15 St. Joe's team 78-48 at home. Similar game feel. Not too worried about it as long as it's a one-off.
6 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago

Oh please

If Archie would say the same then why does he "need to check himself?" Whatever that means in this context.

Our last tournament team lost by 30 points, at home, to a team that went 16-16 (10-8).

Tonight didn't erase anything. Not every game needs to be a damn referendum on the coach
Let’s kick Bonnie’s out so we never have to play there again.

Place is hell for us.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 3 months ago
KeaneyTheChemist wrote: 3 months ago A reminder that in the Hurley's second year, the 2013-14 season, his biggest A10 conference play loss was by 16 on the road to a darn good VCU team.
And the best Rhody team in the last 25 years lost to a 13-15 St. Joe's team 78-48 at home. Similar game feel. Not too worried about it as long as it's a one-off.
And that team also lost in Olean.

Place is just tough.
3 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

It sucks when you get blown out, but as someone said, it only counts as one loss, and overall over the last five we're still ahead of the game.

Our goals this year were to stay out of the PIG and fight for a double bye. We're ending the night tied for fourth place
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

👍🏼

Basketball can be strange like that at times. Very strange.

Reminds me of a Doors song.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I said Connor wouldn't be a part of the rotation this year, so his not playing is not a surprise to me. I watch our recruits because I hope they will help us win, and I'm intrigued to see what they look like as players. I post clips of them so fans of this program who don't watch can see them. 99% of people like it. You, for some reason, can't handle it.. Like, dude, why are you so obsessed with how I spend my time? I work full time, I see friends/family, I play in adult leagues, and I watch some high school ball when I can. I watch a lot of basketball. I watch a lot of tennis too. I don't watch our recruits, so I can see them play in college when we are down by 40. I could give a shit about that.

You come on here and act like a complete asshole all the time. I don't understand it, but you continue to do it. So we don't understand each other. The difference is you won't stop talking about it. So next Wednesday, we play at home against Fordham. Since you can't comprehend what I write, I'll try to explain it to you in person. Let's meet at the pub if you don't want to tell me where you sit. Hopefully, I can explain it to you in a way you can understand because I'm sick and tired of this bullshit.
I don't think he's coming.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Forgot we lost to Davidson after that St Joes game too.

Those two games probably cost us a 6 seed.
3 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 months ago

Correct I have absolutely zero interest.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Bad omen with Stone and Silk not getting there, blame them or the weather. ;)

Oh well, it just counts as one loss.

Need to move on and get ready for Saturday, things can change around rather quickly.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I got suspended for a week for suggesting years ago that another poster should meet me at the game if they had a problem with me they wanted to settle. It's happened twice in a week now with barely a notice.

I think much like myself the mods have gotten softer in our older age
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RIFan wrote: 3 months ago That was ugly. To think I was finally starting to look forward to games again…they suck you in only to crush your soul.
That's the worst part for me. I woke up pumped about tonight. I sent the Rothstein quote about us having a big week to PC/UConn friends of mine. It felt good just to be a part of the discussion again. The funny thing is I completely expected us to be 3-2 after Bonnies and Dayton, but I didn't think we would get embarrassed like this. If we play Dayton tough, I'll be happy. If we get beat by 30 again, I'll have some concerns. It is worrisome that this team can look so horrible under Archie. We've seen glimpses of tonight before, but it usually was only in like a 10-minute span. It wasn't a full 40 minutes of terrible basketball.. But Bonnies were due for a great game, and we were due for a loss. As I said before this game, if we are 3-2 after Dayton, we have four winnable games after that. As long as we take care of business and go 3-1 we will be in a great position.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I got suspended for a week for suggesting years ago that another poster should meet me at the game if they had a problem with me they wanted to settle. It's happened twice in a week now with barely a notice.

I'm not saying I"'m gonna fight him; I'm saying I can't stand doing this with him anymore. The dude has been calling me out for years. I've tried blocking him. I've tried ignoring him. So now I'll try talking to him. But I know he won't do it.. That's not a surprise.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'm not saying I"'m gonna fight him; I'm saying I can't stand doing this with him anymore. The dude has been calling me out for years. I've tried blocking him. I've tried ignoring him. So now I'll try talking to him. But I know he won't do it.. That's not a surprise.
“I know you’re a tough guy on here. I can’t wait to see it in person.”

Uh, that sorta implies you wanna start shit in person.

I’m all set with talking to you in person, absolutely zero interest.

I’ll continue to respond to some of your stuff as I see fit like I do with many posters here, I know I hurt your feelings about the recruit stuff so I’ll stop with that.
1 x
Go Rhody
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

On the bright side, we will always have that guys short tie. Sadly that was the only good thing about tonight’s game.
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

That's the worst part for me. I woke up pumped about tonight. I sent the Rothstein quote about us having a big week to PC/UConn friends of mine. It felt good just to be a part of the discussion again. The funny thing is I completely expected us to be 3-2 after Bonnies and Dayton, but I didn't think we would get embarrassed like this. If we play Dayton tough, I'll be happy. If we get beat by 30 again, I'll have some concerns. It is worrisome that this team can look so horrible under Archie. We've seen glimpses of tonight before, but it usually was only in like a 10-minute span. It wasn't a full 40 minutes of terrible basketball.. But Bonnies were due for a great game, and we were due for a loss. As I said before this game, if we are 3-2 after Dayton, we have four winnable games after that. As long as we take care of business and go 3-1 we will be in a great position.
Sometimes the Rothstein tweets can end up being the kiss of death.
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

He’s out of the rotation.

Do you want Archie to play 10+ guys?

Can’t play everyone.
He could have tonight.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

spookydog wrote: 3 months ago On the bright side, we will always have that guys short tie. Sadly that was the only good thing about tonight’s game.
Poor kid probably thought he looked tremendous when he got ready today.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Mods, if you need to suspend me, that's fine, and I understand, but I'm dead serious. I'm done being treated like this by this asshole.. I don't get why this dude is allowed to antagonize me constantly... Him calling me out yet again had absolutely nothing to do with the game. ZERO. He's done this to me for years now. When I tried blocking him, he kept responding to my posts saying shit like, "I hurt his feelings, so he won't be reading this". I still would get notifications or see replies, so blocking him didn't do much. Sure, I can try my best to ignore him, but it's tough because he's such an asshole to me and a lot of people I respect on here... I asked him to stop many times over the years. I'm at my wits end at this point. I try to be respectful to everyone on here but I'm truly fed up.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago Mods, if you need to suspend me, that's fine, and I understand, but I'm dead serious. I'm done being treated like this by this asshole.. I don't get why this dude is allowed to antagonize me constantly... Him calling me out yet again had absolutely nothing to do with the game. ZERO. He's done this to me for years now. When I tried blocking him, he kept responding to my posts saying shit like, "I hurt his feelings, so he won't be reading this". I still would get notifications or see replies, so blocking him didn't do much. Sure, I can try my best to ignore him, but it's tough because he's such an asshole to me and a lot of people I respect on here... I asked him to stop many times over the years. I'm at my wits end at this point. I try to be respectful to everyone on here but I'm truly fed up.
Stevey we all support you and enjoy your posts. You have also been respectful even when you disagree with another's opinion.
We also appreciate all the work you put in and you do it for our benefit. Thank You.
7 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I prefer to do many other things than watch high school games online. Yes.

As would 99% of other people here.

Honestly, I do not get what is odd about it? I didn’t even make it to halftime tonight. Switched right on over to the Celtics. All this stuff is supposed to be fun, I’m not obligated to torture myself watching my team get curb stomped. Neither is Stevie or anyone else. If you like that, that’s terrific for you and I will not tell you that you shouldn’t do that, but it’s weird to try to shame someone for having different TV viewing habits than you. And I don’t watch high school basketball, but I watch a bunch of other shit that you probably wouldn't find interesting - why do you care what another poster does in his or her free time? I don’t get it.
10 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago Mods, if you need to suspend me, that's fine, and I understand, but I'm dead serious. I'm done being treated like this by this asshole.. I don't get why this dude is allowed to antagonize me constantly... Him calling me out yet again had absolutely nothing to do with the game. ZERO. He's done this to me for years now. When I tried blocking him, he kept responding to my posts saying shit like, "I hurt his feelings, so he won't be reading this". I still would get notifications or see replies, so blocking him didn't do much. Sure, I can try my best to ignore him, but it's tough because he's such an asshole to me and a lot of people I respect on here... I asked him to stop many times over the years. I'm at my wits end at this point. I try to be respectful to everyone on here but I'm truly fed up.
Stevey we all support you and enjoy your posts. You have also been respectful even when you disagree with another's opinion.
We also appreciate all the work you put in and you do it for our benefit. Thank You.
That is right on point, Jersey !

Stevey brings excellent content here that we get to enjoy. He also provides great insight on Rhody players and recruits and some Rhody insider hints that we are fortunate to read.

He is a pillar here along with you and some others that provide valuable content, opinions and perspectives.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

“I know you’re a tough guy on here. I can’t wait to see it in person.”

Uh, that sorta implies you wanna start shit in person.

I’m all set with talking to you in person, absolutely zero interest.

I’ll continue to respond to some of your stuff as I see fit like I do with many posters here, I know I hurt your feelings about the recruit stuff so I’ll stop with that.
Why do you only come on here and antagonize people? What's your deal?
2 x