The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote: 3 months ago The Falcons were the heavy-rumored landing spot for him around here before this weekend, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he waited to see if Dallas or Philly needs a coach. Those are much better jobs (no offense intended to you as a Falcon fan).
Oh I agree, he should absolutely wait to see if those jobs open up. Personally I don't want Belichick. One of the greatest coaches of all time of course, but I just worry he's past his prime. Being a Falcons fan is embarrassing enough already, the last thing I want is the guy who embarrassed the hell out of us in the Super Bowl to spend a few more years embarrassing us again if it doesn't work out. :lol:
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote: 3 months ago The Falcons were the heavy-rumored landing spot for him around here before this weekend, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he waited to see if Dallas or Philly needs a coach. Those are much better jobs (no offense intended to you as a Falcon fan).
I would put the Chargers ahead of the Falcons as well
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Who has final say now on Pats personnel decisions like say the 3rd overall pick ?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I think Belichick wants to go to a team with an established QB. The Chargers would be in the mix. I don't think Atlanta would be. Yes, what happens in Dallas and Philly could end up being the key.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think Harbaugh will end up with the Chargers
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 3 months ago
Oh I agree, he should absolutely wait to see if those jobs open up. Personally I don't want Belichick. One of the greatest coaches of all time of course, but I just worry he's past his prime. Being a Falcons fan is embarrassing enough already, the last thing I want is the guy who embarrassed the hell out of us in the Super Bowl to spend a few more years embarrassing us again if it doesn't work out. :lol:
I think Bill is past his prime with respect to building - rosters, cultures, organizations. But I think he is still an elite coach. Whether he’s the no-brainer best coach in the league that he had been for two decades is up for debate, but if you hand him a stable organization with a good roster and a good-enough culture, I’d back him to contend one more time.

Who knows how Bill is viewing it - nobody can even pretend to know what’s going on in that guy’s head. But if I were him I’d be looking for a place where I can do two years, break Shula’s record and maybe play for in a Super Bowl if things break right. For me, the list of places where that’s possible starts with Dallas and Philly - if those jobs become available.
2 x
Rhody881
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Rhody881 »

If philly opens up he goes there. Can't see dallas happening because of documented issues he had with Bob kraft putting his hands on personnel decisions. Jerry is Bob x 100. Chargers maybe second because of established players and him likely wanting to pass Shula in the next few years before officially retiring. Atlanta only if Arthur blank gives the keys to the kingdom and a wishlist mandate.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Stephen Jones runs Dallas’s personnel department and Bill and Steve have a very good relationship. Jerry’s reputation as a meddler is probably decade outdated. Regardless, they have, and have had, one of the best rosters in the league.

Any coach will have input, but I think if Bill wants to run a personnel department again he’s going to end up in a place much more desperate than if he’s willing to let go of that part of it and just coach the roster he gets. I guess it just depends on what Bill wants out of this last stop - as I said before, if he wants to try to break Shula’s record and maybe lift a trophy then it may mean letting go of having total personnel control. To me, that’s an easy call but who knows what he wants to do.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

After giving Bill Belichick an interview on Monday for its open position, Atlanta did the same for Jim Harbaugh on Tuesday, the team announced.
Harbaugh, 60, is coming off an interview with the Chargers for their vacant head coaching position.
At the helm of Michigan this year, he led an undefeated season that the Wolverines culminated in a College Football Playoff national title.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

FanDuel

Bill Belichick next team odds

Atlanta Falcons +170
NFL Team Personnel (non-head coaching role) +230
Dallas Cowboys +340
Any other NFL team +450
Las Vegas Raiders +750
Los Angeles Chargers +750
Carolina Panthers 25/1
Retire/broadcasting 25/1
New Orleans Saints 34/1
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

NYG Bill goes home
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I think Gronk is right.
Brady and Gronk went to Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay still alive in playoffs. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys watching playoffs from home
Falcons 7-10 each of last 3 years and not far from playoff possibility. Need HC and QB

Belichick can enjoy path towards retirement in warm weather, indoor stadium, nice area to live and transform a team to playoffs all while breaking Sheila’s record. Why stay in crappy weather?

"Don't expect Coach Belichick to be done from here on out. He's coming back with [a] vengeance. And I've been hearing on the streets that the Atlanta Falcons are coming in hot for Coach Belichick," Gronkowski said on "FOX NFL Sunday."
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Can’t make this $&%# up,,,,,,,,,

Love how he responds especially his facial expressions

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Robert Kraft has a new nickname THUNDER
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 3 months ago
Belichick going for a 2nd interview with Atlanta this weekend. My guess is he is announced by the end of this weekend.

Falcons finished last 3 years 7-10 under Arthur Smith and in each of those years had 2-3 games that they could have or should have won.
Bijan Robinson teamed with Algier are solid in backfield. Drake London and Kyle Pitts receiving good shape
Koo excellent kicker
Calais Campbell, Bates and Elliss were very good additions to the defense as free agents last year
#8 pick in draft
Beautiful MBS

Belichick could quickly get this team in the playoffs in the Southern Division of Tampa Bay, New Orleans and Carolina. Atlanta is hungry for a playoff spot.

Looking ahead, Falcons play at New England in the 2025 season. That would be an interesting game.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah all signs seem to be pointing to it happening. I'm pretty conflicted. It'll be interesting to see who the coordinators are. And I'm assuming now that we go the veteran QB route instead of drafting one since Bill probably only has a few years in him at this point. The idea of rooting for Belichick and probably like Kirk Cousins or something is certainly not where I thought we'd be. I hope it works out, but we'll see!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This feels like a bad fit for both sides, but it's not my decision either way.

For the Falcons, their biggest need is QB and Belichick has been terrible with QB's since he had to trade Garoppolo and Brady left.

For Belichick, without the QB in place he probably needs to coach at least three years before catching Shula
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 3 months ago Yeah all signs seem to be pointing to it happening. I'm pretty conflicted. It'll be interesting to see who the coordinators are. And I'm assuming now that we go the veteran QB route instead of drafting one since Bill probably only has a few years in him at this point. The idea of rooting for Belichick and probably like Kirk Cousins or something is certainly not where I thought we'd be. I hope it works out, but we'll see!
Falcons had not been allowing Assistants to interview for other jobs. That changed yesterday when they announced DC Ryan Nielsen could interview with jags. Nielsen well respected and beefed up the defensive performance.

Belichick breaking Shula’s record will be a monumental achievement. Atlanta would get to host that achievement.

Falcons have improved. Win-win for both sides

Reef,
Falcons play in Vegas next season. Could be a Belichick sighting.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/lis ... n-jaguars/
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah allowing Nielsen to interview now is basically what signaled to me that Belichick was happening. Just please don't let him bring Matt Patricia with him!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think the Falcs is a good landing spot for BB

If can find somebody in FA for QB maybe Cousins or Russ W can definitely see 10-7 next season in that division

They have nice offensive weapons in Pitts Bijan and London
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Eagles HC job opens up too
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago Eagles HC job opens up too
I believe he's retaining his job. They fired the DC that got demoted during the season for Patricia.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m hopeful the Pats get Zac Robinson for OC
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

New England Patriots wide receiver Kayshon Boutte was arrested Thursday in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, over allegations of illegal sports betting while he played at LSU.

Louisiana State Police said the charges against Boutte, 21, include a felony count of computer fraud and a misdemeanor count of gambling prohibited for persons under 21. The investigation is ongoing, police said, with additional charges possible.

Investigators assigned to the Louisiana State Police Gaming Enforcement Division found that Boutte bet on sports from April 6, 2022, until May 7, 2023, when he was 20. Boutte allegedly used an alias to get around the age requirement for placing sports wagers in Louisiana.

The alias account believed to be used by Boutte placed more than 8,900 wagers, with at least 17 bets on NCAA football games -- including at least six involving LSU, according to police.

Hopefully, there were multiple users...else, that's 22 bets per day, 7 days a week...not that there's anything wrong with that
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bill doesn’t get the Falcs job ! Looks like he won’t get a job til 25 now I guess with only 2 openings ?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 3 months ago Bill doesn’t get the Falcs job ! Looks like he won’t get a job til 25 now I guess with only 2 openings ?
Bill didn't want the Falcons job, or he would have had it.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think BB wanted too much control that’s why they went with Raheem
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago
reef wrote: 3 months ago Bill doesn’t get the Falcs job ! Looks like he won’t get a job til 25 now I guess with only 2 openings ?
Bill didn't want the Falcons job, or he would have had it.
Falcons could have gone big time. Belichick would have had the Falcons be the talk of the NFL, and then there’s Shula’s record to break for even more attention.

Arthur Blank wanted Belichick.
They talked him out of it but at least Blank got Rich McKay out of the football operations - or at least so they say to the press

To take a coach from the Dan Quinn years seems pretty conservative considering the HC Talent available.

Could have hit a Home Run but went for a bunt single.
0 x