1/13 | UMass | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/13 | UMass | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Wanna shout out Fou today! I thought he was our strongest big today, we really needed his size against Cohen, he wasn't perfect against him, but he was able to guard him better than the other two. 3 big baskets too.

Going to need him to give us some good minutes against Holmes next weekend.

Also, Cam is approaching EC or JT territory as far as the best freshman guards I remember.

It was surprising how much better our guards were than UMass'. Curry was good, but I just felt like our backcourt outclassed them.

We have just straight up bullied these first three A-10 teams, we've looked bigger, stronger and we've been more physical. Masterful roster constriction Arch! Was never in doubt....😂
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 months ago Did anybody notice that we're averaging 82 PPG in the 3 conference games?

Yes Billboy. And in last non con we scored 82 as well. All with David Green. Our most important player.

With Cross out we needed him to have a dominant game and he did.

House scoring 29 on 11 shots is a remarkable stat.

We likely won’t shoot like that again but it’s good to set a new bar of what’s possible.

The only concern now is Zek. He’s fallen off a cliff. 8 minutes today and he wasn’t good in them. We need him to find his mojo again.
5 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago Kinda getting ahead of myself, but if we beat the Bonnies and Dayton beats SLU, Archie is going back to Dayton 4-0 to face Dayton 4-0. Would be quite the matchup.
Regardless, I figured Dayton would be a rock fight. I wonder how he’ll be received.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago Kinda getting ahead of myself, but if we beat the Bonnies and Dayton beats SLU, Archie is going back to Dayton 4-0 to face Dayton 4-0. Would be quite the matchup.
And then come home to face Fordham and go 6-0
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

3-0.

First place.

Year is 2024.
4 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 3 months ago Did anybody notice that we're averaging 82 PPG in the 3 conference games?

Yes Billboy. And in last non con we scored 82 as well. All with David Green. Our most important player.

With Cross out we needed him to have a dominant game and he did.

House scoring 29 on 11 shots is a remarkable stat.

We likely won’t shoot like that again but it’s good to set a new bar of what’s possible.

The only concern now is Zek. He’s fallen off a cliff. 8 minutes today and he wasn’t good in them. We need him to find his mojo again.
Yea, Zek is really struggling, Bar. I was looking up his stats earlier…

Just from a shooting perspective, in the 3 conference games so far, he is 1-9 from 3 and 2-17 overall in 18 min/game.

He is definitely a better player than what he has shown recently. Hoping Archie and staff can get him back to playing how he was earlier this season.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
URI_05 wrote: 3 months ago

I'm complaining about people coming in super late
My bad. Complain away.
Tardiness is not tolerated!

We are also beatin their umASS!
Criticizing the fans who go to the game by someone who is not there........

A few things to consider:

Power was out on campus, RI Energy Trucks were dealing with power line issues on Route 138 near Route 1 in 2 locations. One had a downed tree they had cut up. Power was out along 138. Fortunately the Ryan Center had power.

More heavy rain and wind last night. Can't tell you how many people I've talked to who have had water in their basements this week. Flooding in many buildings again that were flooded just a few weeks ago as bad as since the 2010 flood.

Slowness of metal detectors. I went through at 1:15. Took all stuff out of my pockets except a pen. Alarm went off. Went back through and told guy about pen. He said oh that will do it. Huh ????????
I went through again with everything out of every pocket including the pen. Alarm went off again.
Guy asked if I had a belt. Of course I said no - sweat pants don't usually have metal belt buckles (no I didn't say that but I thought it)
I then without being asked took my light jacket off, went through for the 3rd time and no alarm.
I thought imagine how slow this will be for people later today? This was at South entrance.

I heard later from people how immensely long the lines to get in were. Many people missed the start of the game.

Lines for concessions were enormous. I went to 200 level concession with 5 minutes left in 1st half thinking I will beat any line. Line was 30 people. At halftime the line was humongous half way into halftime. As the game started there were 40 people still in line.

A shame to get the best crowd of the season and have such poor service.

So when you criticize the URI fans and say tardiness will not be tolerated maybe there is more to the URI fan story than meets the eye.

But don't worry. URI does not do customer service surveys so whoever is in charge of incoming screening/ticket scanning and concessions will be in no less trouble than whoever is in charge of Ry-fi.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago Top tip only for forum members. If you’re in a huge que on the North Lobby side of the building quietly walk around to the South Lobby. 4 lines (one for students) got in building in 2 minutes. The line was 4 peeps wide and 100 yards long at 1:35 today at the North Lobby entrance.

Shhh 🤫

You’re welcome.

Curious if any other A10 gyms are doing the frisk plastic baggie only drill?
That was one reason I always parked in the Keaney lot. It was a longer walk to the door, but once there you breezed right in.
WBB games get about 1200 to 2000 actual fans per game (very few no shows). No metal detectors for any games. Only for MBB. Not sure why for one and not the other.

I'm afraid if more people learn about the South entrance the problem will be there too.
Imagine a crowd of 7500? Would be terrible.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago
My bad. Complain away.

Power was out on campus, RI Energy Trucks were dealing with power line issues on Route 138 near Route 1 in 2 locations. One had a downed tree they had cut up. Power was out along 138. Fortunately the Ryan Center had power.

More heavy rain and wind last night. Can't tell you how many people I've talked to who have had water in their basements this week. Flooding in many buildings again that were flooded just a few weeks ago as bad as since the 2010 flood.

Slowness of metal detectors. I went through at 1:15. Took all stuff out of my pockets except a pen. Alarm went off. Went back through and told guy about pen. He said oh that will do it. Huh ????????
I went through again with everything out of every pocket including the pen. Alarm went off again.
Guy asked if I had a belt. Of course I said no - sweat pants don't usually have metal belt buckles (no I didn't say that but I thought it)
I then without being asked took my light jacket off, went through for the 3rd time and no alarm.
I thought imagine how slow this will be for people later today? This was at South entrance.

I heard later from people how immensely long the lines to get in were. Many people missed the start of the game.

Lines for concessions were enormous. I went to 200 level concession with 5 minutes left in 1st half thinking I will beat any line. Line was 30 people. At halftime the line was humongous half way into halftime. As the game started there were 40 people still in line.

So when you criticize the URI fans and say tardiness will not be tolerated maybe there is more to the URI fan story than meets the eye.

But don't worry. URI does not do customer service surveys so whoever is in charge of incoming screening/ticket scanning and concessions will be in no less trouble than whoever is in charge of Ry-fi.
I saw 2 or 3 good sized trees down alongside 138 when I was coming in.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago

couldn't see exactly, but there was definitely blood
I was in the corner near the bench today and saw. Idek how he cut it but it looked like he was in excruciating pain
Yep, that's why I just stay away from that rim when I play. (That, plus I'm short and can't get very far off the ground)

In all seriousness, we sit down near there. He was is serious pain, there was blood, there looked to maybe be cursing. When I read earlier in the thread that Steve thought maybe dislocated and put that together with the blood that I saw...that'd be a serious dislocation. It seemed like...when he came back on the bench later, with a black bandage on his hand, he and Arch had a bit of a testy exchange...anyone else see that?
Was crazy how during play he just ran fast to the far end of the URI bench and he did seem to be in excruciating pain from his actions, face and writing his hand. Ref's decided to stop play after he got close to the URI bench (came from UMASS end of the court, far corner. He sat down and was holding his hand. I did not see blood at the time. I did not see a testy exchange between Weston and Miller. Maybe had to do with how he ran off the court without notifying a Ref or anybody?? Not sure.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago

They should be kicked out of the A10?
Don't worry, they're leaving
Why not kick them out before they leave? That’ll show em.
Because they have a real arena instead of a garbage high school gym you slobber over?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

My bad. Complain away.

Lol I live in freakin TN I can't make it to the games in RI

We routinely have fans that are super late, it's always been a thing. It's crappy. Shouldn't be a controversial thing to point out.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago Jesus guys.. So freaking negative. Let's wait and see before we assume the worst...
Its not being negative when you just see a dude collapse and hold their knee like that

Not blaming myself for being really worried about that lol
No kidding, especially the way the ref was waving for the URI bench to send him the trainer.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago Wanna shout out Fou today! I thought he was our strongest big today, we really needed his size against Cohen, he wasn't perfect against him, but he was able to guard him better than the other two. 3 big baskets too.

Going to need him to give us some good minutes against Holmes next weekend.

Also, Cam is approaching EC or JT territory as far as the best freshman guards I remember.

It was surprising how much better our guards were than UMass'. Curry was good, but I just felt like our backcourt outclassed them.

We have just straight up bullied these first three A-10 teams, we've looked bigger, stronger and we've been more physical. Masterful roster constriction Arch! Was never in doubt....😂
I expect in time Foumena will only improve on defense. He is often just a count late thinking instead of reacting to the situations. He runs the court so consistently. I would like to see him rewarded more so he does not stop running.
Last edited by DeanDome88 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

We routinely have fans that are super late, it's always been a thing. It's crappy. Shouldn't be a controversial thing to point out.
It wasn’t a late crowd. It’s woeful preparation. Terrible planning. And worse execution.

They do student doors separate during classes, why wouldn’t you expand the entrances when you know there’s going to be 5500 in the building.

It’s so insane that we STILL can’t figure this stuff out.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah Zek is having a rough go of it , just keep working Zek you are a good player it will come !
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago

It wasn’t a late crowd. It’s woeful preparation. Terrible planning. And worse execution.

They do student doors separate during classes, why wouldn’t you expand the entrances when you know there’s going to be 5500 in the building.

Has that always been the reason for the late crowd though?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Late to this - but damn, I think we're having fun?

David Green is most definitely a difference maker, there's no doubt about that.

But seeing the development of EVERYONE on this team is the biggest reason for things.

Defense has clicked. Even though UMass scored a lot today (granted 20 points came from the FT line), Archie's system is always "defense turns to offense."

This team is playing complete team basketball on both ends of the floor - the way the packline is meant to work. Everyone is understanding their roles better.

One thing that'd kind of gone unnoticed is that this run of wins culminated with the "defensive R.A.M. of the game" chain.

Great tool from Coach Woodward and everyone's buying in. Jaden House, who dropped 29, was the best defensive player on the floor yesterday and a month ago he looked like he didn't care about playing defense at all.

There's a lot you can say about House or Green or Cam from yesterday, and that's really just a highlight that there are legitimately 5 guys on this team that are capable of going for 20 on any given night. There's not a lot of teams in college basketball, nevermind the A10, that can say that.

Beating UMass is great, I hate them and their fans more than PC. They've caused me far more heartbreak, and usually by very shitty dubious non-called shenanigans.

What you saw yesterday though - lineup changes like it was hockey. Constantly rolling subs. Going at a thin frontcourt. Adjusting. Coaching. We did exactly what a good team with a good coach SHOULD do against a team missing their best player. Wire to wire beat the everloving shit out of them, and if we had semi-conscious officials, we win that game by 25.

I LOVE THIS TEAM. I LOVE THIS COACH. GO RHODY.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Has that always been the reason for the late crowd though?
I guess "late" here isn't as simple as it sounds. If you arrive 20 minutes before tipoff and it takes 30 minutes to get through security...were you 'late'?
If you know anything about how the Ry (dys)functions, yes, you'd know you're going to be late. But, average casual fan might think this is a 'normal' venue and that shouldn't be a problem, because...that shouldn't be a problem.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

NET jumped to 174 from 191.
2 x
GO RAMS
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

My bad. Complain away.

We always go in the south entrance. I set the metal detector off every game. Assume it's my belt. Oh well. Fortunately, we can get there early and don't go to games for concessions. Unfortunately, I don't think the powers that be get it or care to get it. We go for the game and the atmosphere and man is that ramping up
3 x
Spook5365
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Spook5365 »

[/quote]

Yep, that's why I just stay away from that rim when I play. (That, plus I'm short and can't get very far off the ground)

In all seriousness, we sit down near there. He was is serious pain, there was blood, there looked to maybe be cursing. When I read earlier in the thread that Steve thought maybe dislocated and put that together with the blood that I saw...that'd be a serious dislocation. It seemed like...when he came back on the bench later, with a black bandage on his hand, he and Arch had a bit of a testy exchange...anyone else see that?
[/quote]

I was right behind bench I think Archie was testy about something else as he walked down the bench he was just checking on Weston and asking him about injury
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 months ago NET jumped to 174 from 191.
The three A10 teams that Rhody beat are all still ahead of them. Not sure how NET rankings work, assuming OOC play carries a lot of weight until more conference games get played? When teams play head to head and Casual Fan can see that one team is better than the other (Rhody is better than all 3 teams they beat)...these rankings seem kinda silly.
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Players matter. Versatile bigs matter.

Its hard to win without David Green. Its hard to win without Matt Cross. Its hard to win without Bryce Hopkins.

A shame our bubble hopes burst because the NCAA is incompetent.

I love how many options we have on this team. Green, Estevez, and House are bucket getters. We’ve had great games from Kortwright and Montgomery (he’ll have a reawakening at some point). We have skill and depth at the 5, a coaching edge on just about every opponent, and reason to be excited about 2 freshmen next year.

Keep it going. Future is bright!
3 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

The three A10 teams that Rhody beat are all still ahead of them. Not sure how NET rankings work, assuming OOC play carries a lot of weight until more conference games get played? When teams play head to head and Casual Fan can see that one team is better than the other (Rhody is better than all 3 teams they beat)...these rankings seem kinda silly.
The formula sucks but kind of our fault losing to Brown, Delaware, and UNH at home. Like I’ve said in other threads our NET ranking is 75 spots away from our talent. We are a different team with Green just like PC is a different team without Hopkins. Green is an all conference talent.
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Section104 wrote: 3 months ago Players matter. Versatile bigs matter.

Its hard to win without David Green. Its hard to win without Matt Cross. Its hard to win without Bryce Hopkins.

I love how many options we have on this team. Green, Estevez, and House are bucket getters. We’ve had great games from Kortwright and Montgomery (he’ll have a reawakening at some point). We have skill and depth at the 5, a coaching edge on just about every opponent, and reason to be excited about 2 freshmen next year.

Definitely don’t disagree. It’s clear with David Green, we definitely don’t lose to Brown, UNH, or Delaware. You’re easily 12-4, if not better.

That said, that might give us the chip we need to finish this year strong.

Not saying it’s likely but you can’t tell me this team doesn’t look good enough right now to get a double bye and win 3 games in Brooklyn…
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Section104 wrote: 3 months ago Players matter. Versatile bigs matter.

Definitely don’t disagree. It’s clear with David Green, we definitely don’t lose to Brown, UNH, or Delaware. You’re easily 12-4, if not better.

That said, that might give us the chip we need to finish this year strong.

Not saying it’s likely but you can’t tell me this team doesn’t look good enough right now to get a double bye and win 3 games in Brooklyn…
We at least win 2 out of 3 of those with David Green. The upside (if there is one) is that Archie got to see a bunch of the players he brought in get minutes and now knows the go to players on the team.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

In 2 of those games (UNH and Delaware) a swing 4 man killed us. Safe to say with Green and his defensive ability that would alter the results. I’d give us 2 more wins with him. And 2 toss ups (neutral v Delaware and at Charleston).
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

There's a lot you can say about House or Green or Cam from yesterday, and that's really just a highlight that there are legitimately 5 guys on this team that are capable of going for 20 on any given night. There's not a lot of teams in college basketball, nevermind the A10, that can say that.
It seems like the players are starting to realize that and now when someone’s shot is off, they don’t have to force it.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

That's why I hate the way teams are ranked, especially when deciding which teams should play in The Tournament. We could go 18-0 in conference and still have to win the A10 tournament to get in. In the old days, the teams that got in were because of the eye test and the teams that were playing the best in January and February. There was no, 'Oh, they lost to Brown and UNH in November so they're not good enough to get in'. It's stupid.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

It's pretty simple

Our OOC was disastrous and theirs wasn't. That's why we are still ranked so low.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It's pretty simple

Our OOC was disastrous and theirs wasn't. That's why we are still ranked so low.
And that's why these rankings are stupid. Teams improve as the year goes on. Some teams improve more than others. Some teams even improve dramatically more than others. We are better than those 3 teams RIGHT NOW. Who cares what happened 2 months ago?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 months ago

It's pretty simple

And that's why these rankings are stupid. Teams improve as the year goes on. Some teams improve more than others. Some teams even improve dramatically more than others. We are better than those 3 teams RIGHT NOW. Who cares what happened 2 months ago?
So should good wins early on not count too?
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

It's pretty simple

lol the NET takes into account the whole season.

You can’t just forget the first two months of the season just because Green has become eligible.
1 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

It's pretty simple

The full season should count and unfortunately every team deals with injuries so you can’t use that as an excuse. Losing to Brown anns UNH is still unacceptable with or without Green.

Split Dayton and Bonnies and we are in an incredible position. Lose both and I still love where we are as long as we beat the teams we should, After these two our schedule lightens up a little
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago

The full season should count and unfortunately every team deals with injuries so you can’t use that as an excuse. Losing to Brown anns UNH is still unacceptable with or without Green.

Split Dayton and Bonnies and we are in an incredible position. Lose both and I still love where we are as long as we beat the teams we should, After these two our schedule lightens up a little
A split in the next two would be huge, much better than I would have previously thought. The rest of the schedule sets up pretty well but of course I expect every game to be a challenge. I still plan on traveling down to Va. for the GM game.
1 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

If you’re in Nashville/Brentwood/Franklin area we need to start a Rhode Island group at a local watering hole
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

What's up with Zek? For a time ,he was the team's leading scorer and yesterday he got only 9 minutes PT and scored 0 points. His play started to deteriorate with the Brown game and seems to have accelerated when he was pulled from starting line-up in the Davidson game. Before Brown, he was 11-24 on threes, since Brown he is 5-27. Yesterday in limited minutes he showed slow reaction and reduced awareness of opposing player movements. Is it a mental thing? I feel for the kid.
1 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I wish he could have thrown down that dunk attempt. It would have been a funk buster type of play. A good way to get rid of the yips.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Obadiah wrote: 3 months ago What's up with Zek? For a time ,he was the team's leading scorer and yesterday he got only 9 minutes PT and scored 0 points. His play started to deteriorate with the Brown game and seems to have accelerated when he was pulled from starting line-up in the Davidson game. Before Brown, he was 11-24 on threes, since Brown he is 5-27. Yesterday in limited minutes he showed slow reaction and reduced awareness of opposing player movements. Is it a mental thing? I feel for the kid.
Obviously Green has taken away a lot of Zek’s opportunities.

No need to really feel bad for the kid, he’s not hurt. Just trying to figure out his new role. Gonna take some time.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 3 months ago
Obadiah wrote: 3 months ago What's up with Zek? For a time ,he was the team's leading scorer and yesterday he got only 9 minutes PT and scored 0 points. His play started to deteriorate with the Brown game and seems to have accelerated when he was pulled from starting line-up in the Davidson game. Before Brown, he was 11-24 on threes, since Brown he is 5-27. Yesterday in limited minutes he showed slow reaction and reduced awareness of opposing player movements. Is it a mental thing? I feel for the kid.

No need to really feel bad for the kid, he’s not hurt. Just trying to figure out his new role. Gonna take some time.
I think Zek’s play not Green has taken the opportunity. Green is a 4 and Zek is a prototypical 3 man. I’m sure Archie would love his size and athleticism on the floor for more than 8 minutes. But right now the trio of Kortright, Cam and House have been much better. We could reach another level of depth if Zek can find his swag again. Seems to be all mental; talent is there.
5 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Section104 wrote: 3 months ago

If you’re in Nashville/Brentwood/Franklin area we need to start a Rhode Island group at a local watering hole
I'm livin' up in Hendersonville these days!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I think Zek’s play not Green has taken the opportunity. Green is a 4 and Zek is a prototypical 3 man. I’m sure Archie would love his size and athleticism on the floor for more than 8 minutes. But right now the trio of Kortright, Cam and House have been much better. We could reach another level of depth if Zek can find his swag again. Seems to be all mental; talent is there.
Having both Zek and Weston coming off the bench gives us plenty of depth. We are very fortunate to have that luxury. We also have a solid rotation at the 5, gotta love the roster that this staff assembled. Best part this team probably hasn’t even reached its full potential yet.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm ready for the Bonnies thread!!!! I finally have enthusiasm for this team. They are playing great!!! Let's win another one!
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That's why I hate the way teams are ranked, especially when deciding which teams should play in The Tournament. We could go 18-0 in conference and still have to win the A10 tournament to get in. In the old days, the teams that got in were because of the eye test and the teams that were playing the best in January and February. There was no, 'Oh, they lost to Brown and UNH in November so they're not good enough to get in'. It's stupid.
If the team goes 18-0 in conference, they're in...I know what you're saying, but that's like hitting 14 3's, "you gotta win that game."
Doesn't matter though, next loss likely to be sometime after March 17. Going to be a crazy ride. Crazy train....I know they play it at almost every game (in every arena everywhere), but that's what Rhody is embarking on. Didn't Arch say something about getting on the train? Crazy train.
Revive the Crazy Train crowd involvement for that hokey old song!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago

Having both Zek and Weston coming off the bench gives us plenty of depth. We are very fortunate to have that luxury. We also have a solid rotation at the 5, gotta love the roster that this staff assembled. Best part this team probably hasn’t even reached its full potential yet.
That’s a really good point the depth , guys like Weston and Fou some nights not play much but others can play 20 minutes and provide a nice spark !
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ya, I agree, Bar. It's more Zek than Green. I mean, Green didn't even play much at Davidson, and Zek was basically non-existent most of the game. But obviously, adding Green means fewer shots for most of our guys, which is fine. We seem to be getting much better looks with Green in the lineup.

We have a lot of options all of a sudden.. This is why there is usually an odd man out when you watch these superstars play together in the NBA. No, I'm not saying we have NBA superstars. My point is there is only one basketball. When you already have two guys that need the ball in their hands a lot, like House and Kortright, and you have basically two new starters in the rotation in Green and Cam, someone is going to regress. Now, I didn't think it would be this bad, but Zek isn't nearly as involved as he was earlier in the year. He also can't seem to produce when we do try to play through him. I noticed that he couldn't even grab a rebound at one point yesterday; the ball just went through his hands. Even little things like that are causing him issues. Anyone who has played competitive basketball knows what that's like. When things are clicking, even your missed shots feel good. When nothing is working for you, you start to second-guess yourself more and more. When players you think you're better than outplay you, you feel even worse. We are winning, but I'm sure Zek is not feeling great right now. Luckily, he played on a Bradley team with many options like we do, and he still made it work. Hopefully, he can figure out a role because he's proven to be a very good player
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I wish one of the reporters in Arch presser would ask about Zek just to get Arch thoughts on him , he obviously knows better than all of us
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Yeah Zek is just really in his head.

I think when his turnovers started piling up it really got him out of his groove.

Seems like everytime he tries to drive in the lane he turns it over, or if he's in transition.

I'll be shocked if he never comes out of it. Now it's been a verrrry long drought...since that PC game really. Gonna be rooting for him to shake it off against the Bonnies!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I really loved the passes to Green at the foul line and inside. Really disrupted Umass.
2 x