1/13 | UMass | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/13 | UMass | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by bigappleram »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago I don’t miss that game. Top 5 worst feeling walking out of RC.
BAR, was that the game where if they won they were in and if they lost they were out? I remember that game. People just sat in their chairs and didn't move when it was over. It was like a wake and a funeral all at one time.
Yep. Just brutal Blue
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago I don’t miss that game. Top 5 worst feeling walking out of RC.
BAR, was that the game where if they won they were in and if they lost they were out? I remember that game. People just sat in their chairs and didn't move when it was over. It was like a wake and a funeral all at one time.
Yep. Just brutal Blue
Yeah, probably the most devastating loss I have ever seen in person.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

It definitely was a game that helped moved us to the wrong side of the bubble. I don't recall what we did in the A10 that year and if going far enough would have helped but a win would have kept us on the right side of the bubble.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Yep. Just brutal Blue
I had a COM400 project to do with a recording of that game from a fan perspective for midterms.

I had to edit audio clips, including the 30+ minutes of silence when i sat in 104 dumbfouned and numb, over and over and over for a fucking week because I didn't have time to record a new topic before it was due.

It was my own personal hell, re-lived for far too long. Fuck those refs. Fuck that travel. Fuck Matt Glass. Fuck UMass.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

steviep123 wrote: 3 months ago
It definitely was a game that helped moved us to the wrong side of the bubble. I don't recall what we did in the A10 that year and if going far enough would have helped but a win would have kept us on the right side of the bubble.
A win and we were probably in. A loss and we needed to beat Duquesne in the first round of the A10. We didn't. We were left out.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

As I remember it, if we won that game we were a lock for an at large regardless of the A10 tourney. If we lost we had to win the tourney.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yes. Same for the 09-10 team losing to SHITTYYYY UMass teams in a win and in situation.

I distinctly remember on college gameday them talking about us "If Rhode Island beats UMass they're in" and everyone but Hubert Davis agreed. Hubert-"Well who have they beaten!?" I was like "eff you Hubert Davis!" We were rolling going into that 09 UMass game and then Jim Baron said "okay I've had enough of that"

Jim Baron's ability to choke was second to none.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Time for a umass ass kickin since Baron isn't our coach. Archie Miller is. Let's keep streakin'!!!!!!
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

As I remember it, if we won that game we were a lock for an at large regardless of the A10 tourney. If we lost we had to win the tourney.
Yep, then we found a way to lose to Duquesne in the quarterfinals. We had won 10 of 11 games and 6 in a row just to blow it to an awful 11 win UMass team 😃

The next season we had two or three win and in games and fell on our face each time.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

emBARONsed to say that unfortunately i cannot catch this most relevant game in years live..

brutal, i know..

i will need to stay away from the internet

typically i watch our games live.. how soon is the turn around to have this game 'on demand' on espn+ ?

i wont be back for awhile so i assume i will be ok...
1 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

Anyone need tickets? I’ve got 3 unused
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

gazakaza wrote: 3 months ago

Before tomorrow's game, please take a listen to our new episode with Stone Freeman

Also in there is a little shoutout to Blue Man!
We stan the tweet. Always.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Before tomorrow's game, please take a listen to our new episode with Stone Freeman

What minute mark is the shout out to BlueMan ?
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

These strolls down memory lane are giving me agita.

Let's take it to these Massholes tomorrow. No mercy!!!!
tenor_10086858_mediumgif_205613650766665.gif
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Yep. Just brutal Blue
I was traveling for work and watched that game from my hotel room in Singapore in the middle of the night full of hope and booze....the come down after losing was miserable
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago From what I could tell Bilau wasn't on the bench at Davidson and didn't travel with the team. That would seem to indicate the injury is more prolonged. Also, even if'/when he does suit up, it's not like Arch is throwing him in there and he's a 20+ minute guy and immediate difference maker. If you ever see him this year it will be for spot minutes here and there. Our fate lies in the hands of those that are available - Fuchs, Fou and Brown.
If he's healthy enough he's taking Fou and Browns minutes.

He was an immediate difference maker when he came in earlier this year.
We all want Bilau to thrive and stay healthy – no doubt about that. What I'm getting at is that I feel like we do not need to rely on Bilau as heavily as we did earlier this year and last year.. A significant factor contributing to our improved performance is Archie's decision to trim the rotation. The players on the court are building chemistry with each passing game, a point Archie emphasized as evident in practice. He also highlighted the team's growing confidence, describing it as a powerful force. In my opinion, I love our rotation right now, and we have enough options at the frontcourt. We just won on the road with David Green out most of the game... I'd rather watch Fuchs be the starter and keep developing personally. That kid is going to be an ALL-A10 player if he sticks around.
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Oddshark has UMass -3.5
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

I agree - he has some maturing to do, but he has a great foundation to build on.
if he can stay absolutely focused the entire time he is on the floor, we will improve every year.

No complaining and hustle always. Let the coaches fight with the refs.
Dude is a beast on the glass.
2 x
Martyf250
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Martyf250 »

URIROTC2006 wrote: 3 months ago Anyone need tickets? I’ve got 3 unused
Still available? I’ll take the kids with me
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Yep. Just brutal Blue
It was awful. Told my kid before the play to triple team that guy if they had to. Get the ball out of his hands no matter what. We didn’t. We lost.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Any word on Cross? Or does it seem like game time decision?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

What’s the crowd looking like? Is it time to count the dots?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago What’s the crowd looking like? Is it time to count the dots?
5-6k
1 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

reef wrote: 3 months ago

What minute mark is the shout out to BlueMan ?
Last two minutes of the show
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

https://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-men-s- ... n-53680498

Not a great endorsement for Cross today.

If he somehow does play, won’t be close to 100%.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

KenPom gives the #188 (#191 NET) Rams a 36% chance of beating the #93 (#79 NET) Minutemen, with a projected final of 78-74.

Massey Ratings gives the #172 Rams a 46% chance of beating the #102 Minutemen, with a projected final of 74-72
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago What’s the crowd looking like? Is it time to count the dots?
As of this morning, there's only about 300 seats in the two lower sections. In the upper section, the corner sections and the back rows of the other sections still have plenty of seats, but this will easily be our largest crowd this year. With a decent walk up, we might hit 6000.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

A factoid- as of this posting, we had 74 posts concerning this game—. On the UMass board they had 19 posts about this game!

Meaning?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 3 months ago A factoid- as of this posting, we had 74 posts concerning this game—. On the UMass board they had 19 posts about this game!

Meaning?
Their message board is lame?
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Hopefully much better results at the RC than last season against them.
That last game Cross wasn't available along with Dominguez and Fernandes.

I like our team so much better this year.

I think we win this game.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

To those going to the game today …

BE LOUD
BE PROUD

protect our home court and bring back a victory !

the architect is building something special

We need to bring this victory home

Go thody !
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago
McRam wrote: 3 months ago A factoid- as of this posting, we had 74 posts concerning this game—. On the UMass board they had 19 posts about this game!

Meaning?
They should be kicked out of the A10?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Guessing that many going to the game today...have no power. Fortunately, we have a generator. Hooked it up and we have cable. Why the heck don't they run the power lines in the same place as cable?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago

Meaning?
Don't worry, they're leaving
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago Hopefully much better results at the RC than last season against them.
That last game Cross wasn't available along with Dominguez and Fernandes.

I like our team so much better this year.

I think we win this game.
Besides his ankle Cross still having problems with a tooth that cracked in half in the Dayton game.

Hankins has averaged 8P / 8R over the past 4 games for UMASS including a double-double last game.

We have lost 3 straight to UMASS at the Ryan Center. Not that stats like those matter anymore with roster turn. Players don’t know much history that might affect their view of an upcoming game.

Last 6 games vs UMASS:
2021 78-80 (ot) loss away
2021 63-75 loss home
2022 81-68 win away
2022 67-78 loss home
2023 65-75 loss away
2023 45-69 loss home
2024 ?????? ????? Home
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Let’s do this!

Let’s break the seemingly usual pattern of stringing some wins together and getting the fans attention and then losing and usually losing big infront of the decent crowd they have been wanting.

We have the fans attention, now let’s reward them with a big win!

Go Rhody!
Last edited by RIFan 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Meaning?
They’re probably at the hockey game?
2 x
:lol:
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Martyf250 wrote: 3 months ago
URIROTC2006 wrote: 3 months ago Anyone need tickets? I’ve got 3 unused
Still available? I’ll take the kids with me
Yes! Send me your email and I’ll transfer them!
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago emBARONsed to say that unfortunately i cannot catch this most relevant game in years live..

brutal, i know..

i will need to stay away from the internet

typically i watch our games live.. how soon is the turn around to have this game 'on demand' on espn+ ?

i wont be back for awhile so i assume i will be ok...
Pretty sure you can start at the beginning any time after 2.
Of course, I’ve been wrong before.
But if you’re out until 4, you won’t have any problems except avoiding the score.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

great thanks

I hate not watching games live

It is what it is

Bring home the victory fellas !
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
ramster wrote: 3 months ago

Don't worry, they're leaving
Why not kick them out before they leave? That’ll show em.
1 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Last call. I’ve got 3 tickets I’d like to see used. Text me at 203-240-7908 with your email if you want them.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In A10 Games so far 5 of the A10 Top 25 Rebounders play today:

A10 Games Only
1. Fuchs 10.5
3. Cross 8.7
6. Hankins-Sanford 8.3
12. Cohen 7.0
18. Green 6.0

A10 leaders All Games:
2. Cross 8.3
3. Fuchs 7.9
10. Cohen 6.7
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago great thanks

I hate not watching games live

It is what it is

Bring home the victory fellas !
Unfortunately we have to watch this game on our amazing ESPN+ broadcast.....🤮🤮🤮
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody, Rhody, Rhody…..
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Rhody, Rhody, Rhody…..
Rams Rams Rams!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cross has been warming up
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams