12/21 | New Hampshire | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: 12/21 | New Hampshire | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

What’s the old saying? Hind-sight is 20/20?

It’s still early days basketball wise. To my eyes team had a obvious talent upgrade but was struggling to digest Miller’s system. I wasn’t happy about it and I whined about it too. It’s what fans do on message boards.

Heck even BlueMans cat is ok now!

Still early days folks.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

You didn't need hindsight to say putting Miller on the hotseat in December of his second year was stupid. Hell, I'm pretty sure Blue Man called that people were going to do it ahead of time and they look even more foolish now
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago You didn't need hindsight to say putting Miller on the hotseat in December of his second year was stupid. Hell, I'm pretty sure Blue Man called that people were going to do it ahead of time and they look even more foolish now
Weren’t too many saying that. Some (including me IIRC) were questioning whether this crew would be capable of learning the packline. It’s still early days but talent wise I’ve always felt this group could be capable of strong A10 play.

Another test Saturday!

Go Rhody!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago
jcru wrote: 3 months ago A big piece of the puzzle was the out-of-nowhere ruling by the NCAA that freed up David Green.

Needless to say, David Green has exceeded expectations, particularly based on the Louisiana Tech game films we saw over the summer.
I disagree. Those who watched him take over in the scrimmage expected exactly this. Usually people swat any positivity about incoming players down.

The staff throughout the summer said he’d be out best player, so this is pretty much what a lot of us had been saying.
I believe part of Jcru’s response was to PMMM’s comment:
After URI beats Davidson, I love going back and reading old posts from previous games. High comedy.”

I think by coming back and commenting specifically on Rambone post back before Christmas in the UNH game thread where we were at a bottom due to 5 straight losses is that the eligibility of Green came out of nowhere. And in fact it did. Nobody expected it. Even Miller had little faith in his eligibility once the December 1st appeal denial was announced. We all learned Green wasn’t even working out with the team anymore, but working out on his own to prepare for next season.

So yes the team is better now, but consider nobody saw the Court decision coming freeing all ineligible transfers.

Did I interpret your response correctly Jcru?
I guess you are both kind of right. I meant when he was first recruited here. and I was being kind of dismissive of the comments during the scrimmages, so Blue Man is not wrong. But, how many times in the past did we hear that someone was great during the scrimmages? I didn't really think that was a great barometer to how DG was going to play. Like this thread states: people get over the top excited about things, and when you are dying for college basketball to begin, everything looks great.

The best barometer happens in the actual games, and for the first two he was in, he was great. Way beyond what we saw in the Louisiana St game films.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I mean, Archie though Fuchs was going to be a top 5 freshman in the country. So, needless to say, everyone was giddy about everything when the season was about to begin. When everything and everyone is awesome, it's kind of difficult to sort out who is actually awesome and who is just kind of "ok" and who actually isn't going to be here by the end of the year.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

jcru wrote: 3 months ago

I disagree. Those who watched him take over in the scrimmage expected exactly this. Usually people swat any positivity about incoming players down.

The staff throughout the summer said he’d be out best player, so this is pretty much what a lot of us had been saying.
After URI beats Davidson, I love going back and reading old posts from previous games. High comedy.”

I think by coming back and commenting specifically on Rambone post back before Christmas in the UNH game thread where we were at a bottom due to 5 straight losses is that the eligibility of Green came out of nowhere. And in fact it did. Nobody expected it. Even Miller had little faith in his eligibility once the December 1st appeal denial was announced. We all learned Green wasn’t even working out with the team anymore, but working out on his own to prepare for next season.

So yes the team is better now, but consider nobody saw the Court decision coming freeing all ineligible transfers.

I guess you are both kind of right. I meant when he was first recruited here. and I was being kind of dismissive of the comments during the scrimmages, so Blue Man is not wrong. But, how many times in the past did we hear that someone was great during the scrimmages? I didn't really think that was a great barometer to how DG was going to play. Like this thread states: people get over the top excited about things, and when you are dying for college basketball to begin, everything looks great.

The best barometer happens in the actual games, and for the first two he was in, he was great. Way beyond what we saw in the Louisiana St game films.
And I don't disagree because I'm definitely a hype guy who sees a clip and because he's coming here I'm going to gas him up. Sue me, I'm a fan.

But Green was a guy I a) actually saw in person for longer than a clip, and b) heard from much more reliable sources than myself. They all said the same thing - Green will be our best player. Game changer. Period.

Good to be right about one...so far lol. Long way to go.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

jcru wrote: 3 months ago

And I don't disagree because I'm definitely a hype guy who sees a clip and because he's coming here I'm going to gas him up. Sue me, I'm a fan.

But Green was a guy I a) actually saw in person for longer than a clip, and b) heard from much more reliable sources than myself. They all said the same thing - Green will be our best player. Game changer. Period.

Good to be right about one...so far lol. Long way to go.
David Green is lord.
2 x