A-10 2024 Results Scores Chatter

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

A-10 2024 Results Scores Chatter

Unread post by section(105) »

Placeholder.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: A-10 2024 Results Scores Chatter

Wednesday
Mason@LaSalle
STJ@URI
Fordham@GW
Duquesne@UMass
Dayton@Davidson
Loyola@STL
Bona@VCU
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Mason up 16 over LaSalle under minute. Fordham and GW now in 2 OT, UMass way over Duq.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fordham wins 119-113 in 3OTS !
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

reef wrote: 3 months ago Fordham wins 119-113 in 3OTS !
GW had 4 players with over 50 minutes and only played a total of 7 players.

Fordham was still without leading scorer (F) Rivera.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Would our win over Joes kinda be an early shot heard around the A-10?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

With the wins by URI and Fordham, there are currently no teams in the conference that have a losing overall record.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago With the wins by URI and Fordham, there are currently no teams in the conference that have a losing overall record.
Anyone can get it in the A10 on any given night.

If teams collectively could’ve knocked off some Q1s, we’d that would be fine and we’d be a multibid league.

Right now joes better hope we go on a run and get top 150 so we don’t look like a bad loss to them.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Would our win over Joes kinda be an early shot heard around the A-10?
No team the rest of the way is going to take us lightly coming in to the Ryan Center, at the very least. Last night is going to be top of the charts for what the coaches will be saying as part of the game prep
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Would our win over Joes kinda be an early shot heard around the A-10?
No team the rest of the way is going to take us lightly coming in to the Ryan Center, at the very least. Last night is going to be top of the charts for what the coaches will be saying as part of the game prep
2-0 with David Green and we haven’t even been fully healthy with Bilau and Green in at the same time.

I think any coach paying attention realizes the team we are healthy isn’t the team we had been.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Absolutely as Joes had a really good resume coming in , big shot heard
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Weekend games
LaSalle@Fordham
STL@Mason
GW@VCU
Bona@Richmond
Duq@Loyola
UMass@Dayton
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Weekend games
LaSalle@Fordham
STL@Mason
GW@VCU
Bona@Richmond
Duq@Loyola
UMass@Dayton
The A10 seems so evenly matched that it is really difficult to pick an easy winner in these games.
Dayton still stands out as the best team, and I am sticking with the Bonnies as 2nd.

Parker (SLU), Rivera (Fordham), Hunt (Richmond) haven't yet returned to their respective teams, and all expected to play a major role this season.

The jury is still out for me regarding Bilau and if he will ever play a significant role for us.
He has shown flashes the few times he has seen the court but still it is difficult to ever count on him.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

GW over VCU
Richmond +11 over Bona
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Interesting start to A-10 play with Dayton the only top pick in conference to win . VCU is now 0-2 and surprisingly Loyola Chicago who finished last season in last place is now 2-0.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Dayton up by 8 over UMass late 1/2
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

UMass showing some heart and great defense has now cut the Dayton lead to 2 with 3 minutes left!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Dayton's Kobe Elvis went down with a knee injury early

They cannot catch a break

Dayton clinging to a lead. Up 2 with a minute left
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Dayton up 6 8.5 sec, UMass hirs a three, 1.9 sec left
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Dayton escapes with the win. UMass made a good run, but on an earlier possession they took too long to take a shot and ended with a poor selection shot. Matt Cross will be a load for URI to handle next Saturday - great 3 point and FT shooter!
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Dayton 64-60
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Big win for Dayton if Elvis is out now. Would have been pretty brutal to lose him and that game.
Last edited by PeterRamTime 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Good win for Dayton. We need them to be an At Large team and get beat in the tournament. This Conference can't afford to be a 1 bid league.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago Good win for Dayton. We need them to be an At Large team and get beat in the tournament. This Conference can't afford to be a 1 bid league.
Really sucks that after Dayton only St Joe's has any chance whatsoever. If they go 15-3 and beat Dayton with no bad losses then make noise in the conf tourney....

Mason has a gaudy 13-2 (2-0) record and looks good, if they scheduled effectively they may have had a shot. A really bad schedule really. A bunch of okay to terrible mid majors and then Tennessee, who they had no chance in hell of beating.

The whole league improved tenfold, but every decent team either, didn't play anybody, or lost to horrrrible teams for no reason like St Joe's to commerce and St Bona to Canisius.

So annoying.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Impressive road game for UMass especially when you consider their guards had a very bad shooting day especially on threes where the team went 3-22 and Rahsool Diggins alone was 0-10. Turn that around even slightly and this could have been a Minuteman win.UMass dominated the boards versus the Flyers and more than doubled their second chance points advantage. The big UMass team also showed good ball handling with only 8 TO's. So if the better UMass shooting team shows up next Saturday, it could be a long day for URI.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote: 3 months ago Impressive road game for UMass especially when you consider their guards had a very bad shooting day especially on threes where the team went 3-22 and Rahsool Diggins alone was 0-10. Turn that around even slightly and this could have been a Minuteman win.UMass dominated the boards versus the Flyers and more than doubled their second chance points advantage. The big UMass team also showed good ball handling with only 8 TO's. So if the better UMass shooting team shows up next Saturday, it could be a long day for URI.
Not sure I would call a game where umass never had a lead impressive. Dayton went flat at the end of the game when they were up by like 13.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Holmes is going to be a problem. Big Problem. That guy can play.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago
Obadiah wrote: 3 months ago Impressive road game for UMass especially when you consider their guards had a very bad shooting day especially on threes where the team went 3-22 and Rahsool Diggins alone was 0-10. Turn that around even slightly and this could have been a Minuteman win.UMass dominated the boards versus the Flyers and more than doubled their second chance points advantage. The big UMass team also showed good ball handling with only 8 TO's. So if the better UMass shooting team shows up next Saturday, it could be a long day for URI.
Not sure I would call a game where umass never had a lead impressive. Dayton went flat at the end of the game when they were up by like 13.
It was impressive resiliency. In the past that's a game where they just roll over and get blown out.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago
theblueram wrote: 3 months ago
It was impressive resiliency. In the past that's a game where they just roll over and get blown out.
I agree, not a bad effort by UMass.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Late to the party on this one, I had no idea Anthony Grant and Frank Martin have known each other since high school. If I heard that correctly today.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Late to the party on this one, I had no idea Anthony Grant and Frank Martin have known each other since high school. If I heard that correctly today.
Yep, that was interesting to read earlier. They were hugging on the court before the game was even over...
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

theblueram wrote: 3 months ago Holmes is going to be a problem. Big Problem. That guy can play.
Holmes is going to be a problem bc he's an NBA player.

Cross (Umass) is going to be a problem bc he plays harder than anyone else on the floor.
Before Green I thought Cross could easily go for 20 and 20 against us. That kid plays like an animal and we were playing very soft.
Now with Green I feel he at least can match up with him and try to contain him; that will be an interesting matchup to watch.

Beyond that I think if UD is without Elvis they are very beatable. Holmes is going to get his, but Elvis is the only guy they have that can take you off the dribble and make plays. They have a bunch of shooters but not a lot of slasher / dribble drive types. The zone really bothered them today bc no one from UD could hit a gap and make a play. Their only hope was to play through Holmes. That will be enough many nights he's that good.

Umass is also going to be a really tough game. They are going to defend and rebound at a high level, and between Cross and Cohen they can be a handful.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago
theblueram wrote: 3 months ago Holmes is going to be a problem. Big Problem. That guy can play.

Cross (Umass) is going to be a problem bc he plays harder than anyone else on the floor.
Before Green I thought Cross could easily go for 20 and 20 against us. That kid plays like an animal and we were playing very soft.
Now with Green I feel he at least can match up with him and try to contain him; that will be an interesting matchup to watch.

Beyond that I think if UD is without Elvis they are very beatable. Holmes is going to get his, but Elvis is the only guy they have that can take you off the dribble and make plays. They have a bunch of shooters but not a lot of slasher / dribble drive types. The zone really bothered them today bc no one from UD could hit a gap and make a play. Their only hope was to play through Holmes. That will be enough many nights he's that good.

Umass is also going to be a really tough game. They are going to defend and rebound at a high level, and between Cross and Cohen they can be a handful.
Cross is about to get Fuched....
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Tuesday

VCU@Mason
URI@Davidson
Richmond@Loyola
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Fuchs will draw Cohen if he is playing the 5 for us.
Green would be on Cross.

And Cross is super savvy and high IQ so him against any freshman is likely not going to end well for us.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Fuchs will draw Cohen if he is playing the 5 for us.
Green would be on Cross.

And Cross is super savvy and high IQ so him against any freshman is likely not going to end well for us.
Just need Fuchs to body him a couple times 👍

It's a job for Green the rest of the way for sure.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

2-0 in A-10 standings, feels like along time since that has happened. To lazy to look it up. Go Rhody
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago 2-0 in A-10 standings, feels like along time since that has happened. To lazy to look it up. Go Rhody
Hurley's last year when they started 13-0. In the 19-20 season, they started 0-1 then ripped off 10 straight wins to start 10-1.
1 x