1/3 | Saint Joseph’s | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: 1/3 | Saint Joseph’s | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago Because I've watched it 253 times so far - can someone explain how Luis' shot wasn't and and-1 situation? Dude got cleared out by the body while he was still in the air and the defender made almost zero attempt at the ball.

Those were some of the worst officials I've ever seen.

That over the back call that the ref decided to invent his own foul on was so bad that the refs called a phantom foul immediately before the inbounds.

Historically terrible whistle last night.

I mean…..

4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

TruePoint wrote: 3 months ago
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 3 months ago

Hearing Archie say that Fuchs might someday risk it all to go after a ref might be the thing that puts me over the line in terms of being in his corner. I already thought he was getting a raw deal on here before and came to his defense a little then, but that was more about us than it was about him really. But now I think I actually like him. He’s a man after my own heart. I’ve always thought nobody hates refs like I do, as a player when I was kid, as a coach and as a fan - I’ve been thrown out of a gym as all three lol. But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe my guy Fuchs is a kindred spirit in that regard.
this isn't something to be proud of
Maybe. Maybe not. To me, refs are the same type of people as most cops. Maybe with a few exception, these are people that in the natural order of things nobody respects - at least not to the degree that they wished and hoped - and so they seek out a situation where they can take a test and put on a goofy uniform and then by law people have to show them the deference and respect they feel they deserve. And that’s fine, I guess. But the nature of people like that seems to be that they then abuse that situation, especially if anyone dares not show them the deference and the respect that they have EARNED by taking a test and putting on a goofy uniform, and that is what I can’t abide. It’s a petty mindset, and it’s why I hate them and will gladly get run out of a gym telling them about it.

And hey, if you have a cousin or a friend or something that is a ref or a cop and you’re thinking that person is a reasonable guy and not a petty, abusive asshole, then I’m probably cool with your cousin or whatever. I know some refs and some cops that are decent people, at least to me when they aren’t refereeing or policing me. I’m of course making a generalization here and I acknowledge that.
wow.

just.

wow.

honestly, over the years lurking here and over the last couple since I joined, i thought better of you. not sure why since i dont know you from a hole in the wall, but i did.

no longer. I know that doesn't mean shit to you and that's fine. but wow. what a terrible mind set to go through life with.

you're one of those F the police guys but you'll be the first one to call 911 when you need one. gross.
1 x
:lol:
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Maybe. Maybe not. To me, refs are the same type of people as most cops. Maybe with a few exception, these are people that in the natural order of things nobody respects - at least not to the degree that they wished and hoped - and so they seek out a situation where they can take a test and put on a goofy uniform and then by law people have to show them the deference and respect they feel they deserve. And that’s fine, I guess. But the nature of people like that seems to be that they then abuse that situation, especially if anyone dares not show them the deference and the respect that they have EARNED by taking a test and putting on a goofy uniform, and that is what I can’t abide. It’s a petty mindset, and it’s why I hate them and will gladly get run out of a gym telling them about it.

And hey, if you have a cousin or a friend or something that is a ref or a cop and you’re thinking that person is a reasonable guy and not a petty, abusive asshole, then I’m probably cool with your cousin or whatever. I know some refs and some cops that are decent people, at least to me when they aren’t refereeing or policing me. I’m of course making a generalization here and I acknowledge that.
wow.

just.

wow.

honestly, over the years lurking here and over the last couple since I joined, i thought better of you. not sure why since i dont know you from a hole in the wall, but i did.

no longer. I know that doesn't mean shit to you and that's fine. but wow. what a terrible mind set to go through life with.

you're one of those F the police guys but you'll be the first one to call 911 when you need one. gross.
You are a sanctimonious POS.

You're the kind of person that would disown their own child for not having the same political opinions as you.

GROSS.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago

wow.

just.

wow.

You're the kind of person that would disown their own child for not having the same political opinions as you.

GROSS.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

hating on cops and refs.

I forgot. basketball culture.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

The hawk on the back of Zele stupid foul called on us was immediately cover by another ref with a makeup call.

I have a couple friends who still officiate RIIL and D2/D3 hoops. Both are amongst the nicest high integrity guys I know.

There were a lot of blown calls last night. It happens. The idea is to win anyway.

Job done. On to the next one.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

wow.

just.

wow.

GROSS.

kill yourself
Seriously, what a rotten pos you have to be to judge TP because he doesn't like cops or refrees.

Its not like he said they're all bad people, I don't agree with him, but let's not act like part of what he said is true. Some individuals go into those fields so they can have a power trip. Heaven forbid someone have a bias against them. Totally damning!

That's all it takes for you to think someone is a bad person? What a kind heart you must have!
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

GROSS.

kill yourself
Seriously, what a rotten pos you have to be to judge TP because he doesn't like cops or refrees.

Its not like he said they're all bad people, I don't agree with him, but let's not act like part of what he said is true. Some individuals go into those fields so they can have a power trip. Heaven forbid someone have a bias against them. Totally damning!

That's all it takes for you to think someone is a bad person? What a kind heart you must have!
dont forget his being thrown out of a gym as a player, a coach and as a fan... the trifecta.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

GROSS.

kill yourself

Keep that same energy if you change that post around and substitute whatever race you'd be offended by instead of "cops." If that same post was made referring to a certain race behaving a certain way, or a certain identifiable community or political affiliation - I'm sure you'd go dust off your picket signs.

Just make sure neither of you call 911 when you're in need. I'm sure the bias would go away then.

Horrible post. Horrible outlook on life.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Hearing Archie say that Fuchs might someday risk it all to go after a ref might be the thing that puts me over the line in terms of being in his corner. I already thought he was getting a raw deal on here before and came to his defense a little then, but that was more about us than it was about him really. But now I think I actually like him. He’s a man after my own heart. I’ve always thought nobody hates refs like I do, as a player when I was kid, as a coach and as a fan - I’ve been thrown out of a gym as all three lol. But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe my guy Fuchs is a kindred spirit in that regard.

This is Harvard president not being able to condemn calls for genocide bad.

Maybe one you keep to yourself.

Based on this - if someone wrote the same post with a few substitutions - would you be ready to protest about it?

I mean - I've been tossed from games too before. Not because I detest the institution of refereeing or the respect that they're meant to bring the game, but because calls go wrong and sometimes I feel like the team I'm rooting for is being intentionally slighted - like last night. I think that's within the confines of being a fan, and part of the give and take a referee agrees to when they sign up.

But I don't begrudge referees because without them there would be no organized basketball. I appreciate that guys willingly sign up to do that. Even the ones I completely detest like James Breeding.

But you're a grade A piece of shit for having that outlook on life, specifically when it comes to cops. And I sincerely mean that. I'm glad you're "cool" with my family and friends that would show up at your door when you were in need without asking whether or not you "respected" them or their career choices. Or without asking what you did/who you voted for/your sexuality/your race/or any other bullshit qualifier that people like you feel the need to identify how you interact with the world.

Just make sure to stay true to yourself and don't dial 911 when you need something. Take care of it yourself or call a social worker mr super brave tough guy. Fuck you.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The bottom line is that people are human. They make mistakes. I don't know why someone sees what seems obvious to us as blatant fouls and decides not to call it, or vice versa. Officiating is not an easy job. I tried doing pop warner football in my twenties, and it wasn't for me. I don't have the vision, the reaction time, nor the quick decision making to make the right calls in an instant. Coaches thought I was purposely trying to screw them, they would get violently angry, but the truth is, I had no skin in the game either way for either team, and some of the plays on the field were so close, one way or the other, I couldn't make decisions fast enough. When we watch games on tv, we have the luxury of watching, processing, and coming to our own conclusions as to what we see.

And being a police officer is many many times more difficult than that job. My older brother has no less than three obituaries on his refrigerator of people who died in the line of duty, classmates of his at Hendricken. Two of which attended URI with him. I'll never give them less than my fullest cooperation, I don't want to live in a lawless society. Judge away.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

It's time
Attachments
istockphoto-955124060-612x612.jpg
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

How to you feel about these millions of people in:
Army
Navy
Marines
Air Force
National Guard
State Troopers
CIA
FBI
TSA Airports
Security Guards
Prison Guards

I assume baseball umpires, football refs and soccer refs are all bad too with few exceptions as you say?

Do you see the above categories similar to Cops and Referees? Better? Worse? The same? Depends on which category?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago

kill yourself

Keep that same energy if you change that post around and substitute whatever race you'd be offended by instead of "cops." If that same post was made referring to a certain race behaving a certain way, or a certain identifiable community or political affiliation - I'm sure you'd go dust off your picket signs.

Just make sure neither of you call 911 when you're in need. I'm sure the bias would go away then.

Dude wtf are you attacking me for lolol

All I'm saying is his opinion on refs and cops doesn't damn him as a person.

I literally said I don't agree with him, but can acknowledge that some people go into reffing and being in law enforcement because they want that power trip. Which is 100% a fact. Otherwise I don't have a problem with law enforcement as an institution or they they are inherently bad or that its inherently white supremacist like thise silly critical social justice people believe. So I can see how he may feel that way and it's not surprising considering how he stands politically.

I just hate sanctimonious condemnation of all kinds, left or right. Or brash condemnation on the internet over some political opinions. I'm mostly lashing out at KeaneyBlueBalls because all he ever seems to do is condemn people in an annoying sanctimonious way.

And no, I have no picket signs nor am I offended by any race lol what?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Might be time for me to take another hiatus.

What in Christ’s name are you talking about?

We have a tremendous win to start conference play and all of you are spewing absolute nonsense.

Clean it up.
3 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I literally said I don't agree with him, but can acknowledge that some people go into reffing and being in law enforcement because they want that power trip. Which is 100% a fact. Otherwise I don't have a problem with law enforcement as an institution or they they are inherently bad or that its inherently white supremacist like thise silly critical social justice people believe. So I can see how he may feel that way and it's not surprising considering how he stands politically.

I just hate sanctimonious condemnation of all kinds, left or right. Or brash condemnation on the internet over some political opinions. I'm mostly lashing out at KeaneyBlueBalls because all he ever seems to do is condemn people in an annoying sanctimonious way.

Fair. I rescind my aggression towards you. Sorry, I didn't really read it well, I just saw red lol. Hot button for me.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Fair. I rescind my aggression towards you. Sorry, I didn't really read it well, I just saw red lol. Hot button for me.
I get it!

I'm sure when TP comes back he'll have a lot to say so in the middle of all this I'll just say

DAAAAAAAAVVVVVIIIIIIIDDDDDD

MOOOOOTTTHEERRRRFUCKINNNGGGG

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!
4 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

lash out all you want. I'm a big boy, I can take it. someone has a wicked have shitty and scummy take, i'll let you know about it.

you or anyone else doesn't need to like it

I will apologize for the 'kill yourself', though and substitute it with a 'fuck you'.
2 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I never thought I would say this but we should bring the conversation back to Kobe. :shock:
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

lash out all you want. I'm a big boy, I can take it. someone has a wicked have shitty and scummy take, i'll let you know about it.

you or anyone else doesn't need to like it

I will apologize for the 'kill yourself', though and substitute it with a 'fuck you'.
That made me laugh! Lol

Right when I was about to kill myself...
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Damn people are big mad about this one haha.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don’t want to respond to everything that is being said here, but just two quick thoughts: whoever said “change it around but substitute a race for “cop”, I’d just point out that people do not choose to be a particular race whereas people do choose to be cops and refs, and that’s literally the whole point. Second, to the degree that there are cops and refs that are doing that work for altruistic reasons, I respect that and appreciate it and acknowledge that we need people to be doing that. My beef is not with those people. My experience has taught me that those people are the exception rather than the rule, but maybe my experiences are different than other peoples. Idk. I’m not telling anyone else how to think or feel.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyKyle wrote: 3 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago Because I've watched it 253 times so far - can someone explain how Luis' shot wasn't and and-1 situation? Dude got cleared out by the body while he was still in the air and the defender made almost zero attempt at the ball.

That over the back call that the ref decided to invent his own foul on was so bad that the refs called a phantom foul immediately before the inbounds.

I was as irate as Archie at the 1 second mark when SJU clearly intentionally fouled before the inbounds pass so no time came off the clock - they even reviewed it and couldn't see it....what a sorry set of refs
Literally the definition of an intentional foul.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The refs were insanely bad , after one of the bad calls against Rhody they seemed to have a make up call that we got it was so bad

The foul on Zek for blocking out is one of the worst I have ever seen
3 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago

I was as irate as Archie at the 1 second mark when SJU clearly intentionally fouled before the inbounds pass so no time came off the clock - they even reviewed it and couldn't see it....what a sorry set of refs
These refs are watching too much pro ball. NBA refs never call an intentional foul when it's done intentionally, which is often. (foul to waste/give etc.)
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

This thread could use some moderation or a time out (maybe a makeup call?)

Talk about embarrassing
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RAM67 wrote: 3 months ago
RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago

These refs are watching too much pro ball. NBA refs never call an intentional foul when it's done intentionally, which is often. (foul to waste/give etc.)
Buddy siting next to me at the game said the same exact thing - this isn't the NBA.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Damn, sounds like TP doesn't want to be a lawyer anymore and would rather be a judge. Except he would rule on his bias and not the law. Typical.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

To be honest, If the comment by KeaneyBluBalls does not warrant a ban from the page, I'm not sure what would.
Might be the worst thing you can say to another human.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Did anyone else notice the trivia question answers during the timeout? The question was something to do with "What coach coached during this timeframe"...the multiple choice answers were (I think):

A. Frank Keaney
B. Al Skinner
C. Red Haire

Is it just me?
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago Did anyone else notice the trivia question answers during the timeout? The question was something to do with "What coach coached during this timeframe"...the multiple choice answers were (I think):

A. Frank Keaney
B. Al Skinner
C. Red Haire

Is it just me?
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 months ago
RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago Did anyone else notice the trivia question answers during the timeout? The question was something to do with "What coach coached during this timeframe"...the multiple choice answers were (I think):

A. Frank Keaney
B. Al Skinner
C. Red Haire

Is it just me?
OK thanks!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago The hawk on the back of Zele stupid foul called on us was immediately cover by another ref with a makeup call.

I have a couple friends who still officiate RIIL and D2/D3 hoops. Both are amongst the nicest high integrity guys I know.

There were a lot of blown calls last night. It happens. The idea is to win anyway.

Literally the quickest makeup call I've ever seen.
4 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago
SandorClegane wrote: 3 months ago Archie’s got to wake the f up.. If the refs suck, he’s got to get on them.. if not, players get frustrated.
Archie was on the refs all night
I assume he read my post. ;)
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago The hawk on the back of Zele stupid foul called on us was immediately cover by another ref with a makeup call.

I don't remember exactly what they were, but it seemed there were at least two, pretty clear, make-up calls made.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

On the Zek box out call, I’m curious what the actual call was. Even my wife (who knows very little about sports) said, “I thought boxing out was legal in basketball.”
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 3 months agoIt's time
It jumped up a notch..

3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Imo there is a serious shortage of qualified refs. So many teams and games at all types and levels of sports.

It's a thankless job and even if you are a good ref you hear it from one side or the other.

They all fuck up now and then that's for sure. Look at the NFL. With the amount of money being bet on sports nowadays, I wouldn't want that job. Its nasty out there.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

A. Frank Keaney
B. Al Skinner
C. Red Haire

Is it just me?
Who was the URI head coach the first time URI played St. Joe's in 1940? was the question
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

A. Frank Keaney
B. Al Skinner
C. Red Haire

Is it just me?
Red Haire??? Lololol

Somehow I've missed that name in the record books.

This program has an endless supply of ridiculous names 😂
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I have known many hoop refs, mostly high school, few college. I would have to say they respect the game and strive to do an unbiased role in administrating to rules, interpretation of rules, while mostly respecting the roles of coaches. They make many judgement calls in a flash of real time vision. I truly believe refs are not out to get someone(coaches or players)and refs are generally not on some over the top authoritative role, or power trip.Yes, they do screw up. On the sidelines I neva blamed a loss on officiating, and that was a tough job coaching in a small urban center where the players often thought the refs and society was often stacked against them and to blame of others was the norm.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 months ago Imo there is a serious shortage of qualified refs. So many teams and games at all types and levels of sports.

It's a thankless job and even if you are a good ref you hear it from one side or the other.

They all fuck up now and then that's for sure. Look at the NFL. With the amount of money being bet on sports nowadays, I wouldn't want that job. Its nasty out there.
The worst job I ever had was reffing intramural hoops in college.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

A. Frank Keaney
B. Al Skinner
C. Red Haire

Is it just me?
Red Haire??? Lololol

Somehow I've missed that name in the record books.

This program has an endless supply of ridiculous names 😂
My mind immediately went to Red C. Haire. Thought it was a URI comm intern messing with us! What a terrible thing to waste!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

FWIW, in the modern era (after 1920) URI has had 16 MBB coaches. Bob (Red) Haire was #2 and succeeded Frank Keaney who was coach for 28 seasons. Haire, began his tenure with the 1948-49 season, only coached for 4 years, had two losing seasons and an overall record of 57-42. In the complete MBB history, URI has 22 coaches, with Keaney #6.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 months ago Imo there is a serious shortage of qualified refs. So many teams and games at all types and levels of sports.

Honest mistakes I can understand. Not saying I won’t yell about it, but I can get over it and I do believe that over time that stuff more or less evens out. High-level sports are hard to officiate - the players are so big and so fast and the plays transpire so quickly that their eyes are bound to play tricks on them and mistakes will happen.

The thing that sets me off with refs is when it becomes about them, their pride, their feelings, etc. They dont like the way a guy looks at them after a tough call, so the next time down they blow a cheap one on the guy; they don’t like the way a guy spoke to them after a call, so they T him up when they could just walk away. I feel like that stuff happens all the time and I just find it infuriating. Nobody paid money to watch you, ref. Your feelings should not be impacting the outcomes of the games.
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Honest mistakes I can understand. Not saying I won’t yell about it, but I can get over it and I do believe that over time that stuff more or less evens out. High-level sports are hard to officiate - the players are so big and so fast and the plays transpire so quickly that their eyes are bound to play tricks on them and mistakes will happen.

The thing that sets me off with refs is when it becomes about them, their pride, their feelings, etc. They dont like the way a guy looks at them after a tough call, so the next time down they blow a cheap one on the guy; they don’t like the way a guy spoke to them after a call, so they T him up when they could just walk away. I feel like that stuff happens all the time and I just find it infuriating. Nobody paid money to watch you, ref. Your feelings should not be impacting the outcomes of the games.
I think for the most part the refs try their best, but at times get caught up in the moment and screw up.

Don't know if many here remember but the worst called game I ever saw was on 1/14/1976 against South Florida.
I was down there with some frat brothers wearing our URI shirts, and we were really harassed.

Jack Kraft ended up pulling the team off the court in the 2nd half and forfeited the game.
I never saw that big of a home job, it was so obvious.
Kraft later said he felt his players were in physical jeopardy the way his players were unfairly treated by the refs.
The play that finally capped it off was when Jiggy was bringing the ball up-court on a fast-break and was practically tackled and knocked out of bounds, no foul called on South Florida.
Kraft said he had enough that was it.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I believe that a lot of them believe they are trying their best. I see these guys with these smug smirks on their face as they make a terrible call, and I’m damn near certain I know exactly what I am watching and why. Do they know what I am watching and why? I kind of doubt it - people aren’t as self aware and self composed as you tend to think. I doubt they even realize they’re wearing a smug grin as they make a call that is 100% being made to prove a point, flex their authority or get under someone’s skin, rather than because it is the absolute correct call from a basketball perspective. Maybe most of them try their best most of the time, but I see that shit in nearly every game I’ve ever watched, and with a bad crew it is basically present on a minute-to-minute basis.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

There's a reason certain refs develop reputations like Scott Foster in the NBA and TV Teddy in college
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I ref middle school and high school games on the side, and some of the nicest people I've ever met ref with me. It's very easy for people to complain about them when most have no idea how difficult of a job it is. I have coaches and parents freaking out at me literally every single game. To the point where I have kicked out a few parents. I can't even imagine how tough it is at the D1 level.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Don't forget there have been many scandals involving officiating in sports with point shaving and the mob. Men have been arrested for it. With sports betting more prevalent now than it ever has, I'd be willing to bet (pun intended) that it still occurs quite often.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago I ref middle school and high school games on the side, and some of the nicest people I've ever met ref with me. It's very easy for people to complain about them when most have no idea how difficult of a job it is. I have coaches and parents freaking out at me literally every single game. To the point where I have kicked out a few parents. I can't even imagine how tough it is at the D1 level.
That's the thing, it's not easy, no matter how you slice it, or what level you're at. Even if you suck at it, it's still not easy. I'd suggest that those that have a hatred towards the way folks in a given occupation actually do their job in general...give it a try. Seriously. May or may not change one's perspective...
2 x