THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST.JOES

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST.JOES

Unread post by luke »

Draft Kings has released its opening line and it is ST. Joes - 7.5 . This is probably a fair line for this game . The money will undoubtedly be
flowing to St. Joes because URI has done so poorly against the spread recently except against Northeastern . My thinking is stay away completely
from this game and any URI game until we see what the addition of David Green is able to do for the Rams over a few games . St. Joes looks like the obvious choice at the moment , but being a road game for the Hawks and the uncertainty of where the Rams are at as a team would make the
smart bettor hesitate and take a wait and see posture for now. Certainly not predicting an upset here but not discounting the possibility either yet .
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS ST.JOES

Unread post by adam914 »

I think you're spot on there Luke. I would not touch this one. No idea what to expect.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I'm seeing SJU -5.5 on FanDuel and -6 on William Hill. To me, this looks like a juicy play to take SJU -5.5. URI has hardly been world beaters at home with losses to UNH and Brown, and barely beating Yale. Meanwhile, St. Joe's comes in 10-3 with respectable losses to Kentucky and Charleston.... and Texas A&M Commerce (what the hell happened?). If St. Joe's has serious tournament aspirations, they should come into Kingston and roll URI tomorrow.

Give me St. Joe's -5.5.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I predicted ST Joe to win by 8 too close for spread so instead will bet Joes and Dayton money line parlay
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

STC wrote: 3 months ago I'm seeing SJU -5.5 on FanDuel and -6 on William Hill. To me, this looks like a juicy play to take SJU -5.5. URI has hardly been world beaters at home with losses to UNH and Brown, and barely beating Yale. Meanwhile, St. Joe's comes in 10-3 with respectable losses to Kentucky and Charleston.... and Texas A&M Commerce (what the hell happened?). If St. Joe's has serious tournament aspirations, they should come into Kingston and roll URI tomorrow.

Give me St. Joe's -5.5.
I can't disagree, but I'm not taking it LOL!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

This line is highly suspicious based on what I've seen from both teams so far. Yes, it was somewhat encouraging to see some better play in the Northeastern game, especially the emergence of Green, but this team is still very much a work in progress with alot of questions on the rotation on top of the continued sloppy play at times. I watched most of the Nova & Kentucky games for St Joe's and they are about as bad a matchup for us as can be. It would be an incredible start to A10 play if we can defend our home court here, but I'm not seeing how we keep this close. Making the trip from CT so hope I'm wrong.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

In every win Rhody has covered. In every loss we have not.

If that holds true we're either winning this game or getting blown out.

Hoping for the former, but not rushing out of state to place this bet.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

On game day Vegas insider has one site at St. Joes -5 another at -5.5 and another at - 6 . so the line has moved by as much as 2 points from
draft Kings opening line of -7.5 which could be a good sign .
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

3 man weave lists Rhody +6 as one of their 3 plays tonight
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago In every win Rhody has covered. In every loss we have not.

If that holds true we're either winning this game or getting blown out.

Hoping for the former, but not rushing out of state to place this bet.
It holds true. Congrats ML bettors!
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Beat the spread easily again for two in a row . There on a roll .
0 x