12/30 | Northeastern | 1:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 12/30 | Northeastern | 1:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Fuchs, 10 and 12 today, nice game. Green is legit, he’ll catch up to the speed of the game. Please build on this!
8 x
GO RAMS
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I like Kortright coming off the bench.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

jcru wrote: 3 months ago Is it weird that I didn't notice Weston missing until someone just mentioned it 5 mins ago?
2 x
GO RAMS
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I legit didn’t notice Weston not playing. Looking forward to Wednesday even if it may get ugly
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Kortright, this one is for you, buddy...

1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

gorhody89 wrote: 3 months ago Feel like that’s the first charge we took all year
Yes, u r right. AND, on the floor for loose balls several times. !!

Pretty soon I’m thinking they will commit a hard found on a layup!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree with the comment about starting 5 going forward

There is no one I want to give minutes from to Weston. He’s a transfer prospect; just hasn’t clicked for him here. Has the lowest sense of instincts and basketball awareness I’ve seen from a player with his athleticism and skill set.

Green is the difference maker. It was obvious after watching him just 1 time before today. His previous stats don’t match to his skill set and game.

Also anyone who criticizes Fuchs isn’t watching the same game. He’s a freshman. He has good ball skills and just needs to learn the college game and how he can be productive.
Last edited by bigappleram 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
12 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

rhodysurf wrote: 3 months ago I legit didn’t notice Weston not playing. Looking forward to Wednesday even if it may get ugly
Frankly, maybe it should be Zeke not playing—. Phantom defense and high school turnovers. At least Weston gives us defense.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Remember when 15 made me out to be an idiot when I said Green could be one of our best players? I think it’s safe to say he’s one of the best players… for him to look that good after not playing for so long is awesome..

I hope people stop calling out Fuchs because it was great to have him back.

Cam had some freshman mistakes but he’s a very talented offensive player

I loved Archie’s passion today

Kortright was huge late!

Ways just isn’t good enough in my opinion but I’d love for him to prove me wrong.

If we stay healthy I think we can surprise some teams in the A10

Go Rhody!
5 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

JFrech21 wrote: 3 months ago One gripe I have is last year everyone KILLING Bassy all year, saying he’s a D3 college player. Why don’t I hear anything about Wright? Tell me something Wright does well?
Quicker than Luis and better against quick guards.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

jcru wrote: 3 months ago I feel like, when Green is in there, everyone plays with more discipline. No one goes rouge and plays hero ball.

He's the on the floor coach.
I'd be more worried about folks going rogue than rouge....altho that could be interesting, too...
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Nice to see today.

The break obviously helped this team.

Improvement!

We have pieces. Add a few more, and who knows.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Nice win today! A step in the right direction.

Some observations…

Good scoring balance - scoring from multiple players from multiple positions.

Good game from Fuchs.

Great to see Green out there.

Would like to see big Fou get more minutes.

Offense looked good but D still needs work.

On to SJU.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

JFrech21 wrote: 3 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago I feel like this whole team is playing with different energy.

I’m not sure if it’s David Green, Archie changes, or the break..but this should be renewing some hope for conference play.
It’s the return of Fuchs.
I’ve set it a couple of times, but I think my biggest complaints about Fuchs were basically because he was playing out of position.

The 4 is a skill position nowadays, as seen by David Green and all the other stretch 4’s across college and the pros.

Fuchs does not have any skill. But he’s big and positions himself under the basket. It’s a passable skill set for a 5 that he can build on as he gets older.

As a 5, I’m definitely more OK seeing him out there - but I’d still rather see Foumena.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago Lmao whether he’s playing at the 4 or 5 Fuchs playing as much as he does will always bewilder me.
I was at a wedding so I’m going by his stat line. Fuchs was 5 of 6 and had 12 boards. That doesn’t suck.
5 x
Slava Ukraini!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago Agree with the comment about starting 5 going forward

There is no one I want to give minutes from to Weston. He’s a transfer prospect; just hasn’t clicked for him here. Has the lowest sense of instincts and basketball awareness I’ve seen from a player with his athleticism and skill set.

Green is the difference maker. It was obvious after watching him just 1 time before today. His previous stats don’t match to his skill set and game.

Also anyone who criticizes Fuchs isn’t watching the same game. He’s a freshman. He has good ball skills and just needs to learn the college game and how he can be productive.
I agree on Fuchs and Weston. Fuchs is still young and has time to develop and get better. Westin is only thought of highly because he was a transfer from Seton Hall. What has Weston done to make people like him so much. It would be better if his time went to other players going forward. I wouldn’t care if he played again at URI
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Nice Win!!!

Give Archie credit for stopping the bleeding!

Like the less House, Kortright, and Zeke playing together.

GO RHODY!
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

What did RI Red used to say? Win, and the world wins with you?

Winning is the great antidote.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I think Fuchs musta kicked Blueman’s cat…

:)
5 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago I feel like this whole team is playing with different energy.

I’m not sure if it’s David Green, Archie changes, or the break..but this should be renewing some hope for conference play.
I’ve set it a couple of times, but I think my biggest complaints about Fuchs were basically because he was playing out of position.

The 4 is a skill position nowadays, as seen by David Green and all the other stretch 4’s across college and the pros.

Fuchs does not have any skill. But he’s big and positions himself under the basket. It’s a passable skill set for a 5 that he can build on as he gets older.

As a 5, I’m definitely more OK seeing him out there - but I’d still rather see Foumena.
Fuchs doesn’t have any skill? That’s a wild statement.

I like Fou’s motor but all of his offensive game is soft and finesse. He wants to take fade aways and is easily pushed off his position. I would play him more than or as much as Brown but both of them would be behind Fuchs and Bilau at the 5 spot.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 3 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago Lmao whether he’s playing at the 4 or 5 Fuchs playing as much as he does will always bewilder me.
I was at a wedding so I’m going by his stat line. Fuchs was 5 of 6 and had 12 boards. That doesn’t suck.
No, it doesn't, and neither did he today
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago

The lack of Foumena is perplexing. I just can't understand it.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Whatever they did today... we need more of that. Just keep doing that.

When they almost started to take the dive at the 9 min mark of the second half, let NE go on a 9-0 run to close the gap, Luis came in to right the ship.

Do that.
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Maybe Archie can pull off a Davidson this year? Who knows. Cam was pretty good with a few freshman mistakes.
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I liked it when Archie said in the post game he was cutting down the rotation and either you’re on the train or you’re not.
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

SGreenwell wrote: 3 months ago Northeastern obviously isn't a great team, but it's good to get a W against anyone at this point. I suspect that the lineup out there to finish - Estevez, Montgomery, House, Green and Fuchs - is what we go with going forward, with Kortright first off the bench. Those six were the only guys to play 20+ minutes today.
I would swap Kortwright for Montgomery
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

bigappleram wrote: 3 months ago Agree with the comment about starting 5 going forward

I knew something was off when Brandon Weston said his favorite pre-game meal is pizza.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Archie was fired up all game, most energy and some anger I have not seen. In second 1/2, when Cam going up court had the ball stolen from behind, Archie pinched a clip/white that sent it pens and all to the floor. Kinda reminded me of the folding chair incident by Dan, away against Brown during a TO. Then Archie knelt down in forward of scores table and punched it that shook it. The defense was ratcheted up right from the jump, so was Coach. Loved Cam, Green, and Fuch’s coming along. Luis off the bench is OK. Liked the starting lineup. Didn’t miss Weston, neva been high on him, he may have lost any standing in the rotations going forward. Great to get W and go into league play on positive note. That total team and coach energy will be needed. Go Rhody
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

RE: Fuchs. Need to start keeping track of how many times Blue Man is wrong. Fuchs will be a 4 year starter.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 months ago I liked it when Archie said in the post game he was cutting down the rotation and either you’re on the train or you’re not.
Weston is still standing at the Kingston station.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I wouldn’t care if he played again at URI
Wtf?!?

I wouldn’t care if you ever said anything about anybody on the internet again.

Holy smokes.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote: 3 months ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 3 months ago I liked it when Archie said in the post game he was cutting down the rotation and either you’re on the train or you’re not.
Weston is still standing at the Kingston station.
Oh, is that who that is? I walk through there almost every weekday. Didn't recognize him.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

The crowd cheering the end of the month-ling losing streak was genuine.

The kids needed this maybe more than the fans did.

Let’s please be rewarded with better things in ‘24.

Hsppy New Year all!
6 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'm no coach, and don't really study the minutes that much, but I'm as happy if not happier with Fuchs on the floor as Brown, FouFighter, or "Filau". If one of those 4 have to be in, I'll take Fuchs. I know, weird. And I think he's going to keep getting better. Like, notably better this year. Green can definitely be the most dominant offensive player on the floor. He has to start the next game, right?
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Archie was fired up all game, most energy and some anger I have not seen. In second 1/2, when Cam going up court had the ball stolen from behind, Archie pinched a clip/white that sent it pens and all to the floor. Kinda reminded me of the folding chair incident by Dan, away against Brown during a TO. Then Archie knelt down in forward of scores table and punched it that shook it. The defense was ratcheted up right from the jump, so was Coach. Loved Cam, Green, and Fuch’s coming along. Luis off the bench is OK. Liked the starting lineup. Didn’t miss Weston, neva been high on him, he may have lost any standing in the rotations going forward. Great to get W and go into league play on positive note. That total team and coach energy will be needed. Go Rhody
Sitting in 205 and caught this whole sequence as well, it was great! When he knelt down after the first piece and punched the scorer's table I thought he may get T'd if the ref saw it. Great energy and I get why he was pissed. My wife said to me "that was like a middle school turnover"...

Just what the Dr. ordered tonight as a final tune up before A10 play, not perfect, but much better. Looking forward to looking forward!
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Oh, and yeah, anybody who was saying that Archie has lost his fire, his passion. There were a few times today that I thought he was going to break the scorers table.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote: 3 months ago
section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Archie was fired up all game, most energy and some anger I have not seen. In second 1/2, when Cam going up court had the ball stolen from behind, Archie pinched a clip/white that sent it pens and all to the floor. Kinda reminded me of the folding chair incident by Dan, away against Brown during a TO. Then Archie knelt down in forward of scores table and punched it that shook it. The defense was ratcheted up right from the jump, so was Coach. Loved Cam, Green, and Fuch’s coming along. Luis off the bench is OK. Liked the starting lineup. Didn’t miss Weston, neva been high on him, he may have lost any standing in the rotations going forward. Great to get W and go into league play on positive note. That total team and coach energy will be needed. Go Rhody
Sitting in 205 and caught this whole sequence as well, it was great! When he knelt down after the first piece and punched the scorer's table I thought he may get T'd if the ref saw it. Great energy and I get why he was pissed. My wife said to me "that was like a middle school turnover"...

Just what the Dr. ordered tonight as a final tune up before A10 play, not perfect, but much better. Looking forward to looking forward!
You could hear it across the court when Arch punched the table.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 3 months ago
SGreenwell wrote: 3 months ago Northeastern obviously isn't a great team, but it's good to get a W against anyone at this point. I suspect that the lineup out there to finish - Estevez, Montgomery, House, Green and Fuchs - is what we go with going forward, with Kortright first off the bench. Those six were the only guys to play 20+ minutes today.
I would swap Kortwright for Montgomery
Can’t reach our ceiling without Montgomery being a major contributor. He’s making boneheaded plays over the last 2-3 weeks but he’s got multiple years of eligibility and has loads of potential. Luis is steady Eddie and proved that going to the bench didn’t get in his head. Not sure the same for Zek.
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Green looked like a difference maker for this team, the rest of the team seemed more energetic with him on the floor. Effort and energy was palpable.
4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Players thrive off a coaches emotions. Definitely worked with Dan. I saw Archie walk up to Zek I believe and was almost under the basket. Intense.
1 x
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 3 months ago RE: Fuchs. Need to start keeping track of how many times Blue Man is wrong. Fuchs will be a 4 year starter.
Oh gimme a break. You’ve been wrong plenty. As has everyone else.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Cam had nice shooting game , just cut out the dumb passes and be aware of where the defenders are . Take a look over your shoulder once in a while .
Fuchs did a good job cleaning up the misses on the offensive glass and showed some toughness pulling away a rebound or two. house looked like he did as the season opened . Maybe we can expect more going forward . agree with those who want to see more of Foumena . Brown was virtually invisible
today and in the last few games . At least Foumena attempts to contribute on offense and will fight for a rebound . And he has more moves around the hoop than Brown has shown . Didn't get much of a chance to show it today while Brown was out there watching the game. Need to get Bilau out there , but he may be hampered by more knee problems and maybe can't go for any length of time. If they can just cut down on the unforced silly turnovers we may have the makings of a competitive team yet this season . Watch out A10 . Green was a breath of fresh air and had a very nice offensive shooting touch . He made a difference.
3 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

6 played over 20min 7 played over 10 min 2 did not play at all.
Cutting down the roster
1 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Wait Wait Wait...
Where was Jared Turner for NE 26.6 mins per game and just under 10 pts per game
He did not play?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rjv wrote: 3 months ago 6 played over 20min 7 played over 10 min 2 did not play at all.
Cutting down the roster
3 didn't play....Weston, Rory and Dubsky.
0 x
NarraRamFan
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by NarraRamFan »

I like that they won both halves.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

rjv wrote: 3 months ago Wait Wait Wait...
Where was Jared Turner for NE 26.6 mins per game and just under 10 pts per game
He did not play?
He did not.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 months ago
I wouldn’t care if he played again at URI
Wtf?!?

I wouldn’t care if you ever said anything about anybody on the internet again.

Holy smokes.
Give me a break! I hope I didn’t insult you with my comment on Weston and not being a factor, overrated and stealing minutes from players that will be part of the future. I’ll say what I want.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice win to get back on track !

Love David Green ! Let’s insert him as a starter !

Was a little surprised about Big Fou lack of time but I trust the coach

Liked Arch’s passion today , seemed like he was a little laid back on the sidelines in the previous games

I didn’t even notice Weston until the handshake line !
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Fou does well vs lesser opponents but he’s definitely in development. I like him for our future.
0 x
GO RAMS