12/30 | Northeastern | 1:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 12/30 | Northeastern | 1:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago Real is the fact that three quarters of this roster is not D1 level quality. Coaching these players has obviously been a major challenge for the staff.

The red flags were all there to see at the beginning of the season. Big leads almost lost, grade school FT shooting...the chickens always come home to roost at some point, and it didnt take long did it?

At the beginning, again I didnt want to come on here and be accused of crying wolf again, when most of the team couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a fiddle from the line, and playing ole defense along with it.

You would still think that Archie could wring some improvement out of them, but it's gotten worse which is even harder to believe.

The few promising freshmen we have, he has to find a way to convince them to stay, bring in more than just the 2 coming in meaning saying bye bye to a few at the end of the season.

Every team has a few end of the bench players..
We have more than a few.

Archie has a far bigger job ahead of him than he could have imagined just a short time ago.
This is if these guys stick around...

Cam is a freshman who could be an All-A10 guard by the time he graduates.

Fuchs is a very strong, skilled, big man for only being a freshman. If he keeps working on his game and improves his IQ and speed, he could be really good

Foumena has a motor you can't teach. He's already got a nice hook shot, elbow jumper, and the size and length to be a good defender in this league. I love his potential.

Zek was fantastic against a high-major team like Northwestern. He's a good D1 player

Bilau is a reliable A10 big man if he is healthy

House's performance can be inconsistent, but he has proven himself a competent D1 player.

Kortright is a decent defender and one of the better guards I've seen here with posting up. He's a solid D1 player.

Weston is a solid D1 player

Hammond will be one of the better freshmen in the A10

Green is, at a minimum a decent D1 player

Ways is a decent backup guard as a sophomore

I think Farrell will be our best defender the second he comes here.

This team has better options than last year which is why I've been much harder on Archie. The team that played the first half against PC is a mid-level A10 team or even higher. The team that made that run against Yale could play and beat anyone in the conference. The team that made a huge run against Northwestern could beat anyone in the conference.

I'm worried because I've seen this team look like a solid D1 team. I never saw that last year... I'm worried that Archie has lost his mojo, and it doesn't really matter who plays if he can't get that back. If you put Dan Hurley as the coach of this roster, I think we would have a totally different team and record. Archie needs to figure this out now...

Let's get out of this slump and beat Northeastern!!! Go Rhody!
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

The written description of the players……..Archie, is that you?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago The written description of the players……..Archie, is that you?
Umm saying some of our young players could be really good is the same as Archie saying Fuchs could be the best freshman in the country? Not even close... I said one player could be an All A10 player... One. I think Cam is that good.

Let's see your breakdown on each of those players. Explain to me where you think I'm wrong.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

The key to retaining the key pieces is finishing this season strong so they believe something worthwhile is happening that they want to be a part of. If this season continues to be a dud, there will be more than 2 new faces on this team next year and some of the ones who left will have been the most promising…so start again from scratch in year 3.

Year 3 should be the year when there is a chance at an at large or NIT at worst. Right now that seems like a pipe dream.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 months ago
section(105) wrote: 3 months ago The written description of the players……..Archie, is that you?
Umm saying some of our young players could be really good is the same as Archie saying Fuchs could be the best freshman in the country? Not even close... I said one player could be an All A10 player... One. I think Cam is that good.

Let's see your breakdown on each of those players. Explain to me where you think I'm wrong.
I was commenting on the rather glowing evaluations like that we often hear from Coach. You asked, here is my breakdown. Not that you are wrong, I just see if somewhat differently, based on eye balls now, not as much down the road.
Here goes.
Cam 100% agree
Fuchs, gotta find/develop much higher motor, for me that is more want it, rather than coached into it.
Fou, Ok, we/ll see, gotta some low post footwork besides the hook.
Zek, gotta see much more, D1 player for sure.
Bilau, agree, key seems to be back to close to 100% healthy.
House, will have to see where his production is against steady diet of A-10 competition. A bucket getter at lower levels is being challenged at this level, we/ll where his head during conference play, worth watching.
Kortwright, OK, not convinced he is the PG we need.
Weston,no. Sketchy D1 player at best, no solid.
Hammond, agree, if he does not recommit.

Lots of ifs, could be, has potentials.
Last edited by section(105) 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago
luke wrote: 3 months ago If Green is going to play , it would be nice to get him some minutes before the conference season begins so he can get rid of any jitters and any rust
beforehand . I sure hope he sees the floor tomorrow.
If I understood Archie’s comments, somewhere along the line, he was not planning on Green for the near future. Forgot the quote, but out of the picture for the short term. Something like that. Had knee work done, expecting waiver denial. And before the court action. Do I have this right?
ok...."knee work" sounds new (to me), but...something to have wondered about for a while.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'll watch Green when he walks out of the tunnel to see if he can walk yet. Someone theorized that he might have had a minor procedure on his knee when it was determined that he definitely wasn't playing this year. I don't think that's far fetched. Of course, as we all know, things changed quickly regarding his eligibility.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RIFan wrote: 3 months ago The key to retaining the key pieces is finishing this season strong so they believe something worthwhile is happening that they want to be a part of. If this season continues to be a dud, there will be more than 2 new faces on this team next year and some of the ones who left will have been the most promising…so start again from scratch in year 3.

Year 3 should be the year when there is a chance at an at large or NIT at worst. Right now that seems like a pipe dream.
The key to retaining the key pieces is...in the pf5 era ...you only do that if you have to?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Wonder if Ish leaving was a bell weather? Stick it out(we’ll be good when we’re good) or get out of Dodge cause the gettin’s good…….
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I wish I could be optimistic about the rest of this season, but I just dont see it. The schedule gets tough in January if we can't beat lower level teams what makes people think we will win some of these upcoming games?

I do have hope for next season
You always have hope, until you don't.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Gotta stop the bleeding today. Will be interested to see all these, after the lay off. Changes in the usual starting lineup, Fuchs dressed and ready to go, Bilau same, 4 guard rotations, more aggressive defensive pressure on the ball handlers, jumping out to early and holding the lead, some meaningful time for Connor, Zek, House getting back on track. Sending the home fans home on positive note going into conference play. Final dress rehearsal for conference play. Go Rhody
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Gotta stop the bleeding today. Will be interested to see all these, after the lay off. Changes in the usual starting lineup, Fuchs dressed and ready to go, Bilau same, 4 guard rotations, more aggressive defensive pressure on the ball handlers, jumping out to early and holding the lead, some meaningful time for Connor, Zek, House getting back on track. Sending the home fans home on positive note going into conference play. Final dress rehearsal for conference play. Go Rhody
Today is huge in terms of getting this team and staff in a somewhat better frame of mind, getting ready for the A10.
I can't see Archie and crew losing 6 in-a-row going into conference play especially with the way our OOC schedule was set up.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Dubs on today’s press release!

Perhaps Dubs gets a couple looks?
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago Gotta stop the bleeding today. Will be interested to see all these, after the lay off. Changes in the usual starting lineup, Fuchs dressed and ready to go, Bilau same, 4 guard rotations, more aggressive defensive pressure on the ball handlers, jumping out to early and holding the lead, some meaningful time for Connor, Zek, House getting back on track. Sending the home fans home on positive note going into conference play. Final dress rehearsal for conference play. Go Rhody

Can we get Connor with the A Team and set him up

Get him on the A-TEAM and then I can rejoice

“I love it when a plan comes together”
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

KenPom gives the #239 (#255 NET) Rams a 52% chance of beating the #174 (#164 NET) Huskies, with a predicted final of 74-73.

Massey Ratings gives the #220 Rams a 65% chance of beating the #207 Huskies, with a predicted final of 72-67
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 months ago

Can we get Connor with the A Team and set him up

Get him on the A-TEAM and then I can rejoice

“I love it when a plan comes together”
Would you to see many minutes, kit a couple of bombs, get the crowd into it, and really see what we have here. Could be that hang around the perimeter that defenses have to respect kinda player. But he needs play early and often in the rotations and not just garbage time. Otherwise he his potentially being wasted and we will neva know what we have.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago KenPom gives the #239 (#255 NET) Rams a 52% chance of beating the #174 (#164 NET) Huskies, with a predicted final of 74-73.

Massey Ratings gives the #220 Rams a 65% chance of beating the #207 Huskies, with a predicted final of 72-67
Not exactly awe-inspiring, but we have a chance!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I think we’ll be a much better team with both Fuchs and Bilau back in the lineup.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Good news here from Koch...

3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wright
Estevez
Fuchs
Montgomery
House

2 freshmen starting plus JC Wright

Green warmed up shooting three’s quite well. No sign of limp to me

All 16 on roster dressed to play
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Finally at full strength...Cam in the starting lineup...let's get this thing back moving in the right direction starting today!!
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Hopefully today we will start to turn the page and stop losing to bad teams at home.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Whyyyyyy is Tyson in first Arch?
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

I like Estevez but hope he doesn't try to do too much.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Green enters the game! Lets go!!
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

When Brown or Fuchs are in they offer zero defensively.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Our defense is disgustingly bad
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I like us firing threes lol literally playing zero defense tho
0 x
True Big Blue
Jim Eitner

Unread post by True Big Blue »

Who’s the bald referee calling bs fouls for North Eastern - Please tell this dude to let them play some basketball.
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Green is aggressive
1 x
HobbyBurley
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HobbyBurley »

No defense, just vibes
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

What exactly does Brown do well? He’s such a liability on defense.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

We got the coach, players need to be better.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

What in the actual fuck does Foumena need to do to get playing time?

Fuchs and Brown are so slow and unathletic. They give up a million easy baskets. Ughh
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Too many Rhody passes not finding their mark.
1 x
True Big Blue
Jim Eitner

Unread post by True Big Blue »

Uncharacteristic turnovers, that’s all our guards do.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Oh my gosh, Yorke is worse than ever. And I am watching from home. YIKES.
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago What in the actual fuck does Foumena need to do to get playing time?

Fuchs and Brown are so slow and unathletic. They give up a million easy baskets. Ughh
Fuchs and Brown don’t contribute anything on offense.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I already like seeing how vocal Green seems to be on the court. Hopefully he can be that leader we've been lacking.
3 x
rhodyram22
ARD

rhodyram22 wrote: 3 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 months ago What in the actual fuck does Foumena need to do to get playing time?

Fuchs and Brown don’t contribute anything on offense.
Of course Fuchs gets a dunk after I say that.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Feel like that’s the first charge we took all year
0 x
Clapton is God
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Young guys can play, we’re a year behind since last season was a transition year but you can see the development of a roster. Trust the process. (I say this now because we have are winning) but it’s true.
3 x
GO RAMS
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 months ago Oh my gosh, Yorke is worse than ever. And I am watching from home. YIKES.
Agreed. I turned the volume way down.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I will say the biggest addition with Green is allowing our bigs to play the 5 and not trying to have big slow guys at the 4 clogging the lane.

He looks rusty but just having him out there is a net positive.

Luis not starting got him going it looks like.

Lot of adjustments from the coach.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lmao whether he’s playing at the 4 or 5 Fuchs playing as much as he does will always bewilder me.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodyram22
ARD

Yikes House…
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Hero ball all of a sudden.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Archie is showing some energy today at least!
Let’s go mf!
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

4 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 3 months ago Lmao whether he’s playing at the 4 or 5 Fuchs playing as much as he does will always bewilder me.
Fuchs has played better than Tyson by a mile. You’re not seeing him objectively at this point lol
5 x