12/30 | Northeastern | 1:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Re: 12/30 | Northeastern | 1:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago
RoadyJay wrote: 4 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago Someone said it in another thread, but the entitlement from this fanbase is really something else.

I must’ve missed it in my 3+ decades on earth, but when did we become some blue blood that just rolls the balls out and is expected to beat anyone?

In my decades of following the team, we’ve been good like 3 times for a 3 year period followed by a long time of suck.

We then invest a minimal amount, get impatient, and demand someone is fired. This happens because the majority of this fanbase thinks that some amount of money they’ve decided is “a lot” by their own standards, gets invested, and they expect an immediate ROI.

Newsflash. Rebuilds are not easy or quick. This fanbase should have experience there. Jim Baron “rebuilt” this program. It took a decade to nowhere. Dan Hurley actually rebuilt this program, it took 4 years - and most of the whiny cranky wheels here now, were similarly demanding he get fired into his 5th year when it was clear we were on our way to the top.

For some reason those same people kept saying that Dave Cox had a rebuild (he didn’t) and gave him a pass for 3 years.

Yet, not even 1.5 years through Archie’s rebuild, now the sins of the past administration are his and he should be allowed no time to clean up the mess.

Like transfers should immediately win - even though we have zero seniors on this team.

Dan Hurley’s UConn rebuild took years, a conference change, and fans complaining the whole way until he finally won their first tourney game in year 5.

I can’t help but go back to the Baron 2.0 thread, see the same posters saying the same thing, and laugh at the external Groundhog Day some of you find yourselves.
You are very talented at taking a minority opinion, that Archie is on the hot seat, and making it seem representative of a majority of the fanbase. What I glean from the majority on this message board, and the fan base in general, is that we hired a very good coach, there is a willingness to be patient, but to this point there is a lack of tangible progress. There isn't much to grab onto and get excited about.

Believing Archie can and will turn this around is not mutually exclusive with things are ugly right now. That's my exact sentiment at this point. I know Archie has the ability to build a championship program. Of course he can. He's done it. But feeling disappointed in where we are at after 21 months into the Archie Miller era is not entitlement.

If and when Archie turns this program around I expect he will say... I had to change x, y, and z. I had to adapt to the changing world of college basketball, etc. etc.

There are extreme viewpoints within every fanbase. Any call to fire Archie right now is extreme, agreed. But so is putting blinders on to the challenges within this program currently. I don't see the sentiment as entitlement, but as disappointment in the progress to date. Completely reasonable.
Then I hope the rational majority makes more posts like this so I don't have to read the same 4-5 posters losing their minds and posting enough that it reads like the majority.

I certainly don't think things are going great at all, and feel like you do. This is ugly and way far off from where I thought we'd be. But I have to take up the mantle to rationality so the board doesn't read like a generalized dumpster fire.

I'm glad this got you to post though - miss you xoxo :)
What this team is missing is a guy holding signs that offend the other teams considerably. Come back North Rhody Jay!!!
3 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

If this carries into the conference portion of the season, it wouldn't surprise me if about a half dozen people show up in the front row with paper bags on their heads with eye holes. Like the Aints
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

jcru wrote: 4 months ago I would be cautious using David Cox as any sort of example of anything. I for one, was VERY vocal about not hiring David Cox, that hiring Hurley's top recruiter was a mistake and they should look elsewhere and find the best coach we could get. And that hiring him would be a complete waste of time, instead of trying to build on the momentum that Hurley left in his wake.

I had people saying I was absurd, they questioned whether I was a real fan, etc. Same old arguments: "we are going to lose the players, and we'll have to start from scratch" "a complete rebuild". Well, we are 5.5 years, later, you don't consider this a complete rebuild? We're still rebuilding. PC kept all of their best players, and took all the best players from George Mason too, and combined them into one super team. Because they hired the right guy.
PC kept Corey Floyd, Devin Carter, and Bryce Hopkins because all three thought they'd be subject to sitting out a year since they had already transferred once before. There's no way Devin Carter and Bryce Hopkins stay at PC if they could have transferred without sitting and that team would look a lot different.

We might want to wait before we crown Kim English. So far, so good but there's a long way to go before he can officially be called the right guy
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
ramster wrote: 4 months ago At a recent game a guy got up a few rows in front of me and said quite loudly “I’ve had enough of this” and walked up the stairs.
It’s not good in the Ryan Center from what I hear and observe regardless of what some seem to believe here.
Even with low attendance and no real need to leave early to beat traffic people are still leaving games early.

Hopefully Conference play improves.
I need to ask my friend why he does that...leaves the games early, even tho no crowds or traffic. Great question. But, if he says, "why should I stay?", um, what should I tell him?
For the first time in 10 years, I almost left last game. It was painful to sit there and watch the dumpster fire that our team is looking like the last few games.

Why cant we have anything nice???
"Almost left"? Hats off to you... ;)
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Time is undefeated -- Rocky Balboa

Sure, time could pan out differently, but right now? Those two teams are going in completely different directions.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 4 months ago I would be cautious using David Cox as any sort of example of anything. I for one, was VERY vocal about not hiring David Cox, that hiring Hurley's top recruiter was a mistake and they should look elsewhere and find the best coach we could get. And that hiring him would be a complete waste of time, instead of trying to build on the momentum that Hurley left in his wake.

I had people saying I was absurd, they questioned whether I was a real fan, etc. Same old arguments: "we are going to lose the players, and we'll have to start from scratch" "a complete rebuild". Well, we are 5.5 years, later, you don't consider this a complete rebuild? We're still rebuilding. PC kept all of their best players, and took all the best players from George Mason too, and combined them into one super team. Because they hired the right guy.
We were too holier than...to hire the right guy instead of DC and put the program back maybe a good 10 year's worth instead
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago

PC kept Corey Floyd, Devin Carter, and Bryce Hopkins because all three thought they'd be subject to sitting out a year since they had already transferred once before. There's no way Devin Carter and Bryce Hopkins stay at PC if they could have transferred without sitting and that team would look a lot different.

We might want to wait before we crown Kim English. So far, so good but there's a long way to go before he can officially be called the right guy
If Kim English is the guy there it won't be for long. I'd put my money on English taking over at Tennessee as soon as Barnes retires.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

There is no way you knew how bad Cox would be. Lucky guess!

It was still a no brainer. It wasn't only to keep the recruits, it was to sustain the culture Dan built because Cox had helped build it.

Other than deciding not to care slick Rick's transgressions, there was no other coaching candidate that made more sense than Cox.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

We were too holier than...to hire the right guy instead of DC and put the program back maybe a good 10 year's worth instead
We’d likely be in the first year of Slick’s handoff. Handing off after multiple deep tournament runs.

Sorry the holier than attitude never made sense to me. It was time to keep winning.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Since Pitino started at Iona he's been on the straight and narrow by all accounts.

I was intrigued by the possibility of hiring him but thought rightly that Dooley would have none of it.

Oh how I wish we had hired him now. He will have St. John's at the top of the BE soon enough.

Coaching is everything in college ball. He can recruit and coach with the best of them.

Hell he could sell ice to Eskimos.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago Since Pitino started at Iona he's been on the straight and narrow by all accounts.

I was intrigued by the possibility of hiring him but thought rightly that Dooley would have none of it.

Oh how I wish we had hired him now. He will have St. John's at the top of the BE soon enough.

Coaching is everything in college ball. He can recruit and coach with the best of them.

He was my first choice @ the time , take a chance on the hall of famer
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

reef wrote: 4 months ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago Since Pitino started at Iona he's been on the straight and narrow by all accounts.

I mean, look what happened last time we hired a guy that had a natty under his belt!
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

By whose accounts? His own?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Most top coaches aren't the warm and fuzzy kind.

Who cares as long as you win.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago There is no way you knew how bad Cox would be. Lucky guess!

It was still a no brainer. It wasn't only to keep the recruits, it was to sustain the culture Dan built because Cox had helped build it.
I don't understand how you could not see it. Cox had no head coaching experience. And reason #1: you NEVER EVER let the players have a say in who the coach is going to be.

That is exclusively a URI mentality. We "fall in love" with the associate coaching staff and the players. We can't possibly break up the family, oh noes!

Got news for you, the family was broken up when daddy decided to leave. That was true then, but it's 100100 now, when the NCAA keeps deciding that the players can bolt any time they want, and they WILL, just as soon as the lead recruiter finishes using them to secure the head coaching job.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If we don't beat this team, that's 6 losses in a row. This team has shown me nothing. Not to mention it's North Eastern. And we have a NET of 252. This team currently sucks and needs to fix it fast.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If we dont win Saturday we might not win again for a long time.

Evidently that doesn't bother some people.

Good luck getting talent to come here if we win less than 10 games this season.

Again!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

He doesn't even need to get them to the 'top' of the BE. If he gets them to the middle, he's in the tourney.
Once in the tourney...54-19....74% chance of winning.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago If we dont win Saturday we might not win again for a long time.

Evidently that doesn't bother some people.

Good luck getting talent to come here if we win less than 10 games this season.

Again!
I think that guy ramster talked about...that declared his departure with a loud "I'm not going to take this anymore" (or something like that) ... sounded like he was pretty bothered?
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

jcru wrote: 4 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago There is no way you knew how bad Cox would be. Lucky guess!

I don't understand how you could not see it. Cox had no head coaching experience. And reason #1: you NEVER EVER let the players have a say in who the coach is going to be.

That is exclusively a URI mentality. We "fall in love" with the associate coaching staff and the players. We can't possibly break up the family, oh noes!

Got news for you, the family was broken up when daddy decided to leave. That was true then, but it's 100100 now, when the NCAA keeps deciding that the players can bolt any time they want, and they WILL, just as soon as the lead recruiter finishes using them to secure the head coaching job.
Hiring Cox was the right thing to do at that time. It is easy to look back now and change the future. Martin and Harris looked to be big time recruits and the players they had returning made it seem like we had a chance to keep some momentum. Who was it you wanted to hire and how would that have played out? Cox failed here and Archie is on the same path, although earlier on. When Cox came aboard it wasn’t completely the Wild West yet. It would start a year later in terms of transfers
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

He doesn't even need to get them to the 'top' of the BE. If he gets them to the middle, he's in the tourney.
Once in the tourney...54-19....74% chance of winning.

Proud to be one of the few who wanted pitino here

We were right then and we are right now

It was a no brainer

CUT COX BAIT

and I’ll go on record again then I want to keep
Archie - I am pissed off we suck and have a horrendous OOC schedule but count me in on Archie

I am convinced he will get us there … for my sanity hopefully sooner than later

next year we really need to schedule tougher - I rather play better teams and lose than lose to POS teams - there is no excitement about playing crap ass teams
1 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I was so disgusted with the effort level in the previous game against UNH that I really don't know what to think about this one. I'm not optimistic at this point. If the players don't start working together and playing for one another, they'll be lucky if they win another game the rest of this season in my opinion. I'm not looking forward to watching this game.
3 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

FREE DUBS = DUB-U
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Very proud of URI to have stayed away from Rick Pitino. It made the absolutely RIGHT decision not to hire him. We are fortunate that administrators have higher standards than some Rhody fans.
4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Maybe the biggest miss in program history.
1 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RF1 wrote: 4 months ago Very proud of URI to have stayed away from Rick Pitino. It made the absolutely RIGHT decision not to hire him. We are fortunate that administrators have higher standards than some Rhody fans.
I mean - we have his top assistant at Louisville on our staff.

I really don't get the moral handwringing here.

We've employed numerous coaches caught up in all sorts of NCAA violations at various points in their careers - Harrick, Preston Murphy, Todd Bozeman, KJ. Along with plenty of coaches with off court issues whether widely publicized or not - Boswell, TJ, etc.

If you don't have the stomach for the reality of recruiting in college basketball, and are applying your own moral compass to the coaches you like/don't like while not knowing anything about their personal lives...idk man, maybe try rooting for a different sport?

Ed Cooley was a world-class scumbag and no one knew it until earlier this year. This is not a squeaky clean business at any level. Acting like we are any better than any other program while having 0.0% visibility into what goes on behind the scenes is wild.

The best period in the basketball program's history was immediately followed by sanctions left by one of our best coaches who already came here with NCAA violations to his credit.

Stop pretending that our guys are great and everyone else is a criminal. KJ is literally tied in with the Pitino stuff. You'll be able to handle reality better when you realize that there are no squeaky clean guys in this business and you need to accept there's a level of filth you need to operate with to win.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

RamStock wrote: 4 months ago
jcru wrote: 4 months ago

Hiring Cox was the right thing to do at that time. It is easy to look back now and change the future. Martin and Harris looked to be big time recruits and the players they had returning made it seem like we had a chance to keep some momentum. Who was it you wanted to hire and how would that have played out? Cox failed here and Archie is on the same path, although earlier on. When Cox came aboard it wasn’t completely the Wild West yet. It would start a year later in terms of transfers
Are folks still rehashing this? Cox paid his dues and was qualified to be the next head coach. (And he was appropriately let go after 4 years. Both things were the right moves.) It was the same story when URI went from Tom Penders to hiring Al Skinner. Hindsight is 20-20. It worked out with one and didn't with the other. Nobody can say "I knew Cox wasn't going to pan out." Nobody knows the future. If you did , you'd be in Vegas.

I don't know if Archie Miller will lead URI back to success. But I'm willing to wait 4 years to see. Can we move on, please?
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RF1 wrote: 4 months ago Very proud of URI to have stayed away from Rick Pitino. It made the absolutely RIGHT decision not to hire him. We are fortunate that administrators have higher standards than some Rhody fans.

We've employed numerous coaches caught up in all sorts of NCAA violations at various points in their careers - Harrick, Preston Murphy, Todd Bozeman, KJ. Along with plenty of coaches with off court issues whether widely publicized or not - Boswell, TJ, etc.

If you don't have the stomach for the reality of recruiting in college basketball, and are applying your own moral compass to the coaches you like/don't like while not knowing anything about their personal lives...idk man, maybe try rooting for a different sport?

Ed Cooley was a world-class scumbag and no one knew it until earlier this year. This is not a squeaky clean business at any level. Acting like we are any better than any other program while having 0.0% visibility into what goes on behind the scenes is wild.

The best period in the basketball program's history was immediately followed by sanctions left by one of our best coaches who already came here with NCAA violations to his credit.

Stop pretending that our guys are great and everyone else is a criminal. KJ is literally tied in with the Pitino stuff. You'll be able to handle reality better when you realize that there are no squeaky clean guys in this business and you need to accept there's a level of filth you need to operate with to win.
Yeah I think it makes them feel better about themselves blueman.

Glad they're such perfect people! Aren't you? So tolerant! Lovely!
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

“If your not cheating, your not trying……..”
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Great!
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Seriously? WTF
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This team is weak, soft and at this point sucks. how can a freshman not hone his skills on break? WTF is going on with this program?????
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Lotsa strange stuff in that presser….
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

My goodness …
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Cam is the leasssst of our worries.
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

...the NCAA decides who is eligible to be a coach or not. If there are penalties (or penitence) to be had, the NCAA decides that. They jacked that guy all over the place and have now (and did back when) decided he's eligible to coach - anyone can hire him. Big miss there (if Rick was 2-3 years further along on his recovery tour back then...he'd have been welcomed here with open arms, by many of the neverslicks). Oh well, water under the bridge.

Hopefully these dudes can figure out how to play well enough together to 'add to' instead of 'detract from' the day drinking on Saturday.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

People stressing about how one of our players took a mental break over the only time they go home during the school year and get to be with their families during the holidays.

Yeah we’ve all lost our minds
7 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Dino611 wrote: 4 months ago People stressing about how one of our players took a mental break over the only time they go home during the school year and get to be with their families during the holidays.

Yeah we’ve all lost our minds
I don't know man...our daughter played on a shitty D3 basketball team for four years, was/is a typical drama teen/young female adult, and of course not on athletic scholarship, and still managed to at least shoot some free throws over breaks. Just saying...
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Cam is 13-14. Our best shooter with at least 12 attempts.
He’s not going to lose his stroke in 3 days, or however little time he had.
Tbh, I kinda hope the whole lot put the balls away and hit the reset button.
Refocus.
It’s about to get real.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Real is the fact that three quarters of this roster is not D1 level quality. Coaching these players has obviously been a major challenge for the staff.

The red flags were all there to see at the beginning of the season. Big leads almost lost, grade school FT shooting...the chickens always come home to roost at some point, and it didnt take long did it?

At the beginning, again I didnt want to come on here and be accused of crying wolf again, when most of the team couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a fiddle from the line, and playing ole defense along with it.

You would still think that Archie could wring some improvement out of them, but it's gotten worse which is even harder to believe.

The few promising freshmen we have, he has to find a way to convince them to stay, bring in more than just the 2 coming in meaning saying bye bye to a few at the end of the season.

Every team has a few end of the bench players..
We have more than a few.

Archie has a far bigger job ahead of him than he could have imagined just a short time ago.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 months ago Real is the fact that three quarters of this roster is not D1 level quality. Coaching these players has obviously been a major challenge for the staff.

The red flags were all there to see at the beginning of the season. Big leads almost lost, grade school FT shooting...the chickens always come home to roost at some point, and it didnt take long did it?

At the beginning, again I didnt want to come on here and be accused of crying wolf again, when most of the team couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a fiddle from the line, and playing ole defense along with it.

You would still think that Archie could wring some improvement out of them, but it's gotten worse which is even harder to believe.

The few promising freshmen we have, he has to find a way to convince them to stay, bring in more than just the 2 coming in meaning saying bye bye to a few at the end of the season.

We have more than a few.

Archie has a far bigger job ahead of him than he could have imagined just a short time ago.
I don't know Bone, maybe I am a little more optimistic about our roster than you.

I guess we will get a better feel come conference play.
If the talent level is as bad as you say, then that speaks more about the deficiency of our staff.
But I don't think so, at least not ready to go there at this time.

If next year is another major rebuild, then we are in trouble, meaning in 2 seasons they haven't gotten it right yet.
My hope is that they retain most of the core players and just add a few additional impact pieces plus our recruits.

None of us are happy with the product we have seen so far, but not giving up on them yet.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

there are 2 players that are out next year regardless. The question is who are the two and if there is no sitting if you transfer a 2nd time will there be more players leaving. That is why I'm more about building to win today for you do not know who you will have tomorrow.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 3 months ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 months ago Real is the fact that three quarters of this roster is not D1 level quality. Coaching these players has obviously been a major challenge for the staff.

We have more than a few.

I don't know Bone, maybe I am a little more optimistic about our roster than you.

If the talent level is as bad as you say, then that speaks more about the deficiency of our staff.

If next year is another major rebuild, then we are in trouble, meaning in 2 seasons they haven't gotten it right yet.
My hope is that they retain most of the core players and just add a few additional impact pieces plus our recruits.

None of us are happy with the product we have seen so far, but not giving up on them yet.

For me the conference schedule, in addition to finishing out of last place, will be about identifying the “core players”. With injuries, rehabs, poor performances, not sufficient playing time etc etc, it is difficult to identify those now. No?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 3 months ago

We have more than a few.

For me the conference schedule, in addition to finishing out of last place, will be about identifying the “core players”. With injuries, rehabs, poor performances, not sufficient playing time etc etc, it is difficult to identify those now. No?
A lot could still happen, and we can change our mind on some players.
But many of us have a good idea now on some of the players we would like to retain and move forward with.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

No guarantee, but the picture at the end makes me think Fuchs will play tomorrow
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago

No guarantee, but the picture at the end makes me think Fuchs will play tomorrow
Curious about Green
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

We have more than a few.

I think, if it's down to "hope", we should hope big.
Don't just hope to "retain...", go all out, hope for all new, all better players. Break out the Hope cannon! Hope 🙏 Big! We Do!
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I really don’t expect him (Green )playing anytime soon.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

If Green is going to play , it would be nice to get him some minutes before the conference season begins so he can get rid of any jitters and any rust
beforehand . I sure hope he sees the floor tomorrow.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

luke wrote: 3 months ago If Green is going to play , it would be nice to get him some minutes before the conference season begins so he can get rid of any jitters and any rust
beforehand . I sure hope he sees the floor tomorrow.
If I understood Archie’s comments, somewhere along the line, he was not planning on Green for the near future. Forgot the quote, but out of the picture for the short term. Something like that. Had knee work done, expecting waiver denial. And before the court action. Do I have this right?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938