Games of Interest - 2023-2024 MBB

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: Games of Interest - 2023-2024 MBB

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago UMass beats Portland 100-78 in Hawaii

Rhody and Fordham both 5-7 the only sub .500 teams in the conf
UMass looked pretty dang good. Must be nice...
They looked pretty good against G-Tech, too, PRT. They should not have blown that lead late in that game. They let that one slip away.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago UMass beats Portland 100-78 in Hawaii

Rhody and Fordham both 5-7 the only sub .500 teams in the conf
UMass looked pretty dang good. Must be nice...
They looked pretty good against G-Tech, too, PRT. They should not have blown that lead late in that game. They let that one slip away.
Yes, they were up by 8 pts with under 5 minutes, they should have held on for the win.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I'm guessing PC might be ranked after this weekend. Kick me when I'm down! :)
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago I'm guessing PC might be ranked after this weekend. Kick me when I'm down! :)
Is this the biggest gap between our program and theirs in the past like 20+ years? I think it is.

Between W/L, attendance, recruiting, program interest, national relevance, state relevance, NCAA tourney appearances
Last edited by Rhody15 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago I'm guessing PC might be ranked after this weekend. Kick me when I'm down! :)
I don’t think they will be ranked yet but they are looking like an ncaa tournament team for sure
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

reef wrote: 4 months ago
I don’t think they will be ranked yet but they are looking like an ncaa tournament team for sure
Thousand percent
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 4 months ago
Will 100% be ranked
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago
Is this the biggest gap between our program and theirs in the past like 20+ years? I think it is.

Between W/L, attendance, recruiting, program interest, national relevance, state relevance, NCAA tourney appearances
Don't forget the NET! :lol: 56 v 253
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

They are blessed.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

This FAU Arizona game tho!!!!
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

FAU!!!!!

FUCK THE P6!
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago FAU!!!!!

FUCK THE P6!
Amazing what you can achieve when you stick together for multiple years!
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago

FUCK THE P6!
Gotta admire FAU

All 12 of the players that could come back from that team did. Every coach came back.

As a fan of a fellow mid major it's hard not to root for them!

It also warms my heart that all the power 5 elitists are wrong about them. Almost no one considered them a title contender going into the year. Literally only because they are a mid major. It's like, hello they made the final four because they were really freakin good.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Hammond and Paul VI is playing on espnu again. Game is in the 1st quarter.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

FUCK THE P6!
Gotta admire FAU

All 12 of the players that could come back from that team did. Every coach came back.

As a fan of a fellow mid major it's hard not to root for them!

It also warms my heart that all the power 5 elitists are wrong about them. Almost no one considered them a title contender going into the year. Literally only because they are a mid major. It's like, hello they made the final four because they were really freakin good.
Right ! Bryant beat them too ! We are the worst of the RI D1 teams gosh darn it !
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago Hammond and Paul VI is playing on espnu again. Game is in the 1st quarter.
Watched the 3rd, liked what I saw, nice penetrate and kick out, lots of assists. Note, I usually do not watch any HS hoop recruits. He will help at PG. Question will be who is he gonna work with.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago Hammond and Paul VI is playing on espnu again. Game is in the 1st quarter.
Watched the 3rd, liked what I saw, nice penetrate and kick out, lots of assists. Note, I usually do not watch any HS hoop recruits. He will help at PG. Question will be who is he gonna work with. No over hype here cause he is committed, no going Gaga cause he wants us. He will help here.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Watched the 3rd, liked what I saw, nice penetrate and kick out, lots of assists. Note, I usually do not watch any HS hoop recruits. He will help at PG. Question will be who is he gonna work with. No over hype here cause he is committed, no going Gaga cause he wants us. He will help here.
Can't ignore the announcers gushing over him either.
3 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

Pitino ahead of Hurley so far.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

As far as cbb goes.... while I love Dan, good to see The Rick and the johnnies hanging, leading UConn at the half
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

CaptainRon wrote: 4 months ago Pitino ahead of Hurley so far.
Great game tonight.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Santa Clara beat Duquesne 81-73 in Vegas
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

UMass up on ODU (Diamond Head Classic) 41-28 at the half.
(C) Josh Cohen with another strong performance so far 14 pts/ 4 rebs.

Don't think there is a better starting frontcourt in the A10 than Cohen (18 pts/ 7 rebs) and Cross (16 pts/ 8 rebs).
Maybe Dayton is comparable with Holmes (17 pts/ 7 rebs) and Santos (12.5 pts/ 7 rebs).
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago UMass up on ODU (Diamond Head Classic) 41-28 at the half.

Don't think there is a better starting frontcourt in the A10 than Cohen (18 pts/ 7 rebs) and Cross (16 pts/ 8 rebs).
Maybe Dayton is comparable with Holmes (17 pts/ 7 rebs) and Santos (12.5 pts/ 7 rebs).
UMass looking good. Normally I hate it, but we need the A10 to be good as much as possible.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

UMass wins 87-65

Another team night and day better than us
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago UMass up on ODU (Diamond Head Classic) 41-28 at the half.

UMass looking good. Normally I hate it, but we need the A10 to be good as much as possible.
Cohen or Cross have been the hi scorer on 9 of 11 games. Cohen hi scorer in 4 of last 5 games with 28 Pts in each of the last two.
We will see how our 4 guard line up matches up.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 4 months ago

Cohen or Cross have been the hi scorer on 9 of 11 games. Cohen hi scorer in 4 of last 5 games with 28 Pts in each of the last two.
Unfortunately Ramster we will probably have our hands full with them regardless of who we start.
Who knows, maybe even Green will be available by then and he can play the 4.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago

Unfortunately Ramster we will probably have our hands full with them regardless of who we start.
It’s not a question of available big men. Miller has gone to a 4 guard line up. Most here were clamoring for that and some wanted Fuchs out as a starter.
Brown and Foumena could both start but doubtful now.
Some here said A10 teams don’t play 2 big men so we should be ok.

Good thing is for Miller to stay with 4 guard line up and convince himself it either works better or it doesn’t work better prior to A10 AQ Tournament in March. Let the results show which is best.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

It’s not a question of available big men. Miller has gone to a 4 guard line up. Most here were clamoring for that and some wanted Fuchs out as a starter.

Good thing is for Miller to stay with 4 guard line up and convince himself it either works better or it doesn’t work better prior to A10 AQ Tournament in March. Let the results show which is best.
After all that has been hyped about Green in pre-season, if he is available and ready, Archie will give him serious minutes.
Granted it may take him a little time for full game conditioning but at some point, he will be starting,
That is of course if he doesn't RS, which would be doubtful.

I wouldn't like both Brown and Foumena starting or even on the floor at the same time.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

After all that has been hyped about Green in pre-season, if he is available and ready, Archie will give him serious minutes.
Granted it may take him a little time for full game conditioning but at some point, he will be starting,

I wouldn't like both Brown and Foumena starting or even on the floor at the same time.
Doesn’t matter anyway. 4 guard strategy. A big or two will be hitting the portal by year end with Playing time going to guards.

I’m not as convinced as you that Green will be starting.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Doesn’t matter anyway. 4 guard strategy. A big or two will be hitting the portal by year end with Playing time going to guards.

Maybe not initially Ramster.
Look after Archie said he is one of our best or maybe even the best player on the team, what else should we expect and that is also a position of need right now.

Look when he first committed, I was just Meh.
His stats didn't really jump out at you and he wasn't a major impact player even at lower-level programs.
That with having some injuries and maybe issues with his previous staff (entering the portal in January) all gave me reason to pause.

But sometimes it takes players longer to peak and maybe needing to be in the right situation.
So I trust our staff regarding him and hope he lives up to those expectations.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Look after Archie said he is one of our best or maybe even the best player on the team, what else should we expect and that is also a position of need right now.

His stats didn't really jump out at you and he wasn't a major impact player even at lower-level programs.
That with having some injuries and maybe issues with his previous staff (entering the portal in January) all gave me reason to pause.

But sometimes it takes players longer to peak and maybe needing to be in the right situation.
Just remember Green comments about excelling in summer and fall practices came against a defense Milller is calling F- and many here are furious with Fuchs because Miller called him one of the best Freshmen in the country and A10.
Let’s pump the breaks on Green and not overstate his value before he plays a single minute. Many already overestimated this team and are upset but in reality the team is pretty much where most all polls predicted they would be.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Amen.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Just remember Green comments about excelling in summer and fall practices came against a defense Milller is calling F- and many here are furious with Fuchs because Miller called him one of the best Freshmen in the country and A10.
Let’s pump the breaks on Green and not overstate his value before he plays a single minute. Many already overestimated this team and are upset but in reality the team is pretty much where most all polls predicted they would be.
The only thing I know about Green is what Archie said along with some of the players, that and of course here on KB and Koch.
His previous stats were certainly unimpressive.
But again, we will see, hope he turns out to be good.

If there was not this early build-up on Fuchs, most of us would be thrilled with his impact so far as a freshman big.
I still am because I figured he would be a little raw, but really like his upside and potential.

I was never one to buy into all our pre-season hype on this board.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

The only thing I know about Green is what Archie said along with some of the players, that and of course here on KB and Koch.
His previous stats were certainly unimpressive.
But again, we will see, hope he turns out to be good.

If there was not this early build-up on Fuchs, most of us would be thrilled with his impact so far as a freshman big.
I still am because I figured he would be a little raw, but really like his upside and potential.

I was never one to buy into all our pre-season hype on this board.
What is this notion of "people are furious with Fuchs because he's not as good as they thought he was"

I thought it was simply the fact that he was sucking out there and hurting the team.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ramster, why are you refusing to understand the difference between playing two centers and a center and a stretch 4?

If Miller has Green and Bilau available, then he will go to two big lineups. Our issues early were from playing Fuchs at the four and asking him to do stuff he wasn't good at.

Haven't found a team in the entire country play two centers yet.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Agree. Green has always been a player with an injury history that has no excelled at all playing in smaller conferences. The hope is that he becomes a starter and a key piece to next years team. It is very unlikely he is the game changer people make him out to be.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I think most of us are happy with Fuchs. I know I am. Blueman has been the one that’s been really tough on him and I’m sure he’d admit that. Most of us have defended Fuchs and said he did well post Mohegan Sun.

At this point I don’t think Green will make much of an impact. Hes clearly banged up and is extremely far away from game shape so I don’t have any expectations for him until next year.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

I think most of us are happy with Fuchs. I know I am. Blueman has been the one that’s been really tough on him and I’m sure he’d admit that. Most of us have defended Fuchs and said he did well post Mohegan Sun.

At this point I don’t think Green will make much of an impact. Hes clearly banged up and is extremely far away from game shape so I don’t have any expectations for him until next year.
You are probably right, but let's see what happens.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes, Blue Man has clearly expressed his feelings on Fuchs and wanting him out of the starting line up but he’s far from alone. Most wanted a 4 guard line up which clearly would not include Fuchs starting and should be happy because that’s the direction Miller has gone - small.

Our Bigs have gotten slammed here and now only 1 Big on the floor at a time but I’ll still go back to no pure PG from Game 1 and the big 3 of Montgomery, House and Kortright have plenty to do with our 15th place NET.

Green has a history of average or below performance at Hofstra and Louisiana Tech but many have repeatedly stated expectations for him here that will be tough to exceed. Hope he does but seems a long shot for him to be as good as many have stated imho. Hope I’m wrong.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Green sounds iffy on all fronts; health, previous stats, prior play in last stops, etc.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

PC ranked 25th
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

rjv wrote: 4 months agoPC ranked 25th

We are about a couple a hundred off 😟
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I just threw up in my mouth
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh not happy about it but probably deserved
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Yes, Blue Man has clearly expressed his feelings on Fuchs and wanting him out of the starting line up but he’s far from alone. Most wanted a 4 guard line up which clearly would not include Fuchs starting and should be happy because that’s the direction Miller has gone - small.

Our Bigs have gotten slammed here and now only 1 Big on the floor at a time but I’ll still go back to no pure PG from Game 1 and the big 3 of Montgomery, House and Kortright have plenty to do with our 15th place NET.

Green has a history of average or below performance at Hofstra and Louisiana Tech but many have repeatedly stated expectations for him here that will be tough to exceed. Hope he does but seems a long shot for him to be as good as many have stated imho. Hope I’m wrong.
Until Fuchs comes back, we really don't know what Archie has decided. It makes sense that he changed up the lineup due to the injuries. I honestly don't think it matters what lineup we go with. If we go small, our defense is terrible. If we go big, our defense is terrible. We played our best basketball earlier in the year when Fuchs was in the starting 5, so I guess I would return to that. Either way, I think we stink..

Regarding Green, I think people think he gives us something this team doesn't have, and that's an athletic 3 and D forward. Green likely being one of our best players, doesn't do much since our team sucks. He won't be some savior after not playing competitive ball for a long time...

My goal is to see Fuchs, Foumena, Cam develop and stay. If Green plays, maybe that will help us win one or two more games. Wins or losses mean nothing to me right now but that's probably because i know a lot of losses are coming... URI sucks. The Lakers suck. The Pats suck. PC is awesome...Every team I love sucks and teams I hate are great, so I'm becoming numb and have zero expectations.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Until Fuchs comes back, we really don't know what Archie has decided. It makes sense that he changed up the lineup due to the injuries. I honestly don't think it matters what lineup we go with. If we go small, our defense is terrible. If we go big, our defense is terrible. We played our best basketball earlier in the year when Fuchs was in the starting 5, so I guess I would return to that. Either way, I think we stink..

Regarding Green, I think people think he gives us something this team doesn't have, and that's an athletic 3 and D forward. Green likely being one of our best players, doesn't do much since our team sucks. He won't be some savior after not playing competitive ball for a long time...

My goal is to see Fuchs, Foumena, Cam develop and stay. If Green plays, maybe that will help us win one or two more games. Wins or losses mean nothing to me right now but that's probably because i know a lot of losses are coming... URI sucks. The Lakers suck. The Pats suck. PC is awesome...Every team I love sucks and teams I hate are great, so I'm becoming numb and have zero expectations.
wow...that sucks. Um, hopefully, you're a Yankmes fan? :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Albany beats LIU by 17 points behind Sebastian Thomas:
10-18 FG, 2-6 3P, 10-12 FT for 32 points
6 rebounds
4 assists
4 steals
3 turnovers
34 minutes
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 4 months ago Albany beats LIU by 17 points behind Sebastian Thomas:
10-18 FG, 2-6 3P, 10-12 FT for 32 points
6 rebounds
4 assists
4 steals
3 turnovers
34 minutes
Wow Bassy is putting up huge numbers , he found the perfect landing spot for him !
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Looks like the Albany coach can develop players.

Ours are getting worse

Hmmm
0 x