12/16 | Delaware | 4:30PM (FloHoops) | Holiday Hoopfest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/16 | Delaware | 4:30PM (FloHoops) | Holiday Hoopfest

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If we lose to UNH and Northeastern and the players continue to demonstrate that they don't give a shit, do you think they can all of a sudden ramp it up and change their attitudes to beat St. Joe's 15 days from now?
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago
brady1 wrote: 4 months ago BMan, you’re one of my favorite posters. But this stance of OCC games being meaningless ever has me wondering if 72 has carried out a home invasion and is running your screen name.

If the RAMS loose these next two games the program will be a dumpster fire and Archie will start being compared to the likes of Gerry Duh. It’s extremely important to take these next two winnable games and have a lil momentum going into Conference play.

GO RHODY!
I completely understand the point. And I don’t disagree to the extent that building confidence and momentum going into conference play matter.

I’m also not saying the OOC doesn’t matter. It 100% did. Until we lost our 3 chances at Q1 wins, and added in a Q4 loss. After Brown the at large chances were 100% gone, so we move on to conference play and playing for a double bye.

What I am saying is that if this team goes 12-6 in conference or better, and makes a run in Brooklyn, that no one else is going to look back at the OOC - specifically these last 2 games - and say “too bad we lost those, we’d have been a tourney team” or “thank God we won those, we’re going dancing.”

These games are “meaningless” in the sense that I’m trying to avoid collapsing in on myself like a dying star the way some people are melting down.

If the goal is truly NCAA or bust, than these games cannot possibly contribute or take away from that goal.

URI could go 18-0 in conference play, and still not get an at large due to the losses we’ve already accumulated. So why am I going to get worked up when our only path to the tournament is through an autobid.

So I’m going to not get too high or too low based on what happens in the next 2 games, because I know that it will not affect the actual goal of this season as it pertains to an NCAA bid.

Sorry that it has sent some people into padded rooms to say, but we aren’t an at-large team this year. The sooner everyone lowers their expectations in line with that reality, and remembers that no matter what our coach is getting paid - it’s not even the midpoint of year 2, so the absolutist demands of some on here are a bit unhinged.

With the history of this board clamoring for Hurley to be fired for a lot of the same reasons people are screaming about Archie, please excuse me while I exercise patience.
TL;DR for our simpler friends who can’t read good or do other stuff good too:

I’ve accepted that we aren’t an NCAA team, so I don’t get mad when we don’t win out of conference games.
insulting fans, donors and calling games meaningless while actively soliciting for the cause.

hell of a business plan.
1 x
:lol:
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 4 months ago

I completely understand the point. And I don’t disagree to the extent that building confidence and momentum going into conference play matter.

I’m also not saying the OOC doesn’t matter. It 100% did. Until we lost our 3 chances at Q1 wins, and added in a Q4 loss. After Brown the at large chances were 100% gone, so we move on to conference play and playing for a double bye.

What I am saying is that if this team goes 12-6 in conference or better, and makes a run in Brooklyn, that no one else is going to look back at the OOC - specifically these last 2 games - and say “too bad we lost those, we’d have been a tourney team” or “thank God we won those, we’re going dancing.”

These games are “meaningless” in the sense that I’m trying to avoid collapsing in on myself like a dying star the way some people are melting down.

If the goal is truly NCAA or bust, than these games cannot possibly contribute or take away from that goal.

URI could go 18-0 in conference play, and still not get an at large due to the losses we’ve already accumulated. So why am I going to get worked up when our only path to the tournament is through an autobid.

So I’m going to not get too high or too low based on what happens in the next 2 games, because I know that it will not affect the actual goal of this season as it pertains to an NCAA bid.

Sorry that it has sent some people into padded rooms to say, but we aren’t an at-large team this year. The sooner everyone lowers their expectations in line with that reality, and remembers that no matter what our coach is getting paid - it’s not even the midpoint of year 2, so the absolutist demands of some on here are a bit unhinged.

With the history of this board clamoring for Hurley to be fired for a lot of the same reasons people are screaming about Archie, please excuse me while I exercise patience.
TL;DR for our simpler friends who can’t read good or do other stuff good too:

I’ve accepted that we aren’t an NCAA team, so I don’t get mad when we don’t win out of conference games.
insulting fans, donors and calling games meaningless while actively soliciting for the cause.

hell of a business plan.
Jeez. Has the backup in your ballz gone to your brain? I’m sorry that your limits in the arena of intelligence have made basic comprehension so difficult for you. It’s making you angry.

Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Don’t go to the dark side.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Gotta admit...didn't see the Delaware Game Thread getting to 10 pages.
5 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

I explained how the games are meaningless. You repeated yourself and complained that my writing was above your reading level.

My condolences.
you're a fucking loser.

you should remove the links from your signature. you're doing the program a disservice. there is not a chance in hell I would donate a thing to any cause being solicited by you.

keep up the good work, capt. dipshit.
Jesus you really take it to another level quick… relax…

Blueman bleeds Rhody blue and is one of our best fans. If more people donated and supported the programs as much as he does we’d be in a better place…
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

To restore our faith in the direction of this program, we need to start seeing improvement, and then progress to consistent improvement.

That's what is bothering us so much. Because we aren't seeing it yet, one third through Archie's second year here.

Do I have faith we will turn it around? I mean it HAS to happen at some point...but when?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago To restore our faith in the direction of this program, we need to start seeing improvement, and then progress to consistent improvement.

That's what is bothering us so much. Because we aren't seeing it yet, one third through Archie's second year here.

Do I have faith we will turn it around? I mean it HAS to happen at some point...but when?
Would be fun to discuss HOW we can turn it around, but that would probably cause people to "overhype" around here and we can't have that.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago To restore our faith in the direction of this program, we need to start seeing improvement, and then progress to consistent improvement.

after we mail in it for two more OOC, meaningless games.

did I do that right?
0 x
:lol:
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

brady1 wrote: 4 months ago BMan, you’re one of my favorite posters. But this stance of OCC games being meaningless ever has me wondering if 72 has carried out a home invasion and is running your screen name.

If the RAMS loose these next two games the program will be a dumpster fire and Archie will start being compared to the likes of Gerry Duh. It’s extremely important to take these next two winnable games and have a lil momentum going into Conference play.

GO RHODY!

Blue Man for the most part many here just wanted to see much improvement and for us to be somewhat respectable this season.

As for contending for an at-large or miraculously winning the A10T, I think that was just for those wearing rose colored glasses.
Yes, we always have our hopes, but realistically that was never going to happen.

So yeah, for me, every game matters regardless of any post-season aspirations and winning these games do make a difference.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I don’t think many at all were hoping or expecting an at large this year, most were just hoping and projecting a winning non conference and conference record. The product we are seeing leads most to see this trending as another lost year.

At the end of this year, Archie’s contract is 40% completed and potentially nothing positive on the court to show for it.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago

GO RHODY!

Blue Man for the most part many here just wanted to see much improvement and for us to be somewhat respectable this season.

As for contending for an at-large or miraculously winning the A10T, I think that was just for those wearing rose colored glasses.
Yes, we always have our hopes, but realistically that was never going to happen.

So yeah, for me, every game matters regardless of any post-season aspirations and winning these games do make a difference.
That’s a fair and reasonable take.

My opinion is that I am not going to have an apoplectic meltdown calling for the firing of the coach regardless of the outcome of the next two games…which it sounds like some people are getting ready to.

So to me, these games don’t matter because I don’t think they affect any of the metrics I care about as it pertains to what is a successful season.

2 more wins or losses against regional also-rans after we already lost to Brown isn’t going to sway me either way. I’m not going to call it a successful OOC, it’s already a failure.

If we have a good conference showing, what we did in OOC post Brown is irrelevant. Hence me saying it doesn’t matter.

I think a majority of the board understands my point, and a near equal majority disagrees with it, and that’s ok too.

The guy with the semen back up to the point where his ballz aren’t even dark blue, they’re light blue, just lacks some reading comprehension and logical connection synapses, so he’s getting angry and making this a bigger deal than it is.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

My opinion is that I am not going to have an apoplectic meltdown calling for the firing of the coach regardless of the outcome of the next two games…which it sounds like some people are getting ready to.

So to me, these games don’t matter because I don’t think they affect any of the metrics I care about as it pertains to what is a successful season.

2 more wins or losses against regional also-rans after we already lost to Brown isn’t going to sway me either way. I’m not going to call it a successful OOC, it’s already a failure.

If we have a good conference showing, what we did in OOC post Brown is irrelevant. Hence me saying it doesn’t matter.

I think a majority of the board understands my point, and a near equal majority disagrees with it, and that’s ok too.

The guy with the semen back up to the point where his ballz aren’t even dark blue, they’re light blue, just lacks some reading comprehension and logical connection synapses, so he’s getting angry and making this a bigger deal than it is.
I just worry about where the team will be mentally, if they lose these next two games.

The teams overall lack of confidence seems to be a huge issue right now and I don't like the thought of them losing two more winnable games headed into what looks to be a pretty strong A-10.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago

I just worry about where the team will be mentally, if they lose these next two games.

The teams overall lack of confidence seems to be a huge issue right now and I don't like the thought of them losing two more winnable games headed into what looks to be a pretty strong A-10.
Well PRT, I can guarantee it's not going to help their FT %
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Speaking of FT shooting % we are still ranked 359 of 362

Army is last 362nd only 52 % !
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I knew we were bad at the FT line, but 359 out of 362?

That's 10 times worse than embarassing.

I've followed this program since the late 60's, and I am seeing things that I didnt think were possible.

In a bad way.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago I knew we were bad at the FT line, but 359 out of 362?

That's 10 times worse than embarassing.

I've followed this program since the late 60's, and I am seeing things that I didnt think were possible.

In a bad way.
Following our best FT shooting team since 72 no less!
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Hey we were 9-10 at the FT line against Delaware...
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago Hey we were 9-10 at the FT line against Delaware...
Thanks to Cam 8-8, my favorite player so far.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cams been my favorite too , so much potential
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Now get dubs in with the a team and we really will start winning

FREE DUBS
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months ago Now get dubs in with the a team and we really will start winning

FREE DUBS
Yeah he deserves an opportunity, he can shoot it !
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago it will not affect the actual goal of this season as it pertains to an NCAA bid.
This is the important qualifier to your argument. And it's true. But both things can be true (your statement here, and that the next two games are important for the momentum/feel of the program overall, and going into conference play).

Let's just win.
6 x
Mobley was fouled.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago it will not affect the actual goal of this season as it pertains to an NCAA bid.
This is the important qualifier to your argument. And it's true. But both things can be true (your statement here, and that the next two games are important for the momentum/feel of the program overall, and going into conference play).

Let's just win.
I'll co-sign that.

I just have a different belief about momentum. That it has to start somewhere. Meaning, you suck until you don't or you're hot until you're not. The 2016 Rams didn't get "hot" until after two rock bottom losses against La Salle and Fordham in February.

Gaining momentum against New Hampshire or Northeastern I don't think will affect how we play against an objectively better opponent in St Joes.

If we lose the next 2 but then come back and beat St Joe's people will say "we can do this, build off it." If we win the next two but lose to St Joes, people will say "we suck, those last 2 OOC games were a fluke, end the season."

Hence, my point about these next two games not mattering. People overreact so much at this point, that all that matters is the St Joes game and the conference slate.
6 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

reef wrote: 4 months ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months ago Now get dubs in with the a team and we really will start winning

FREE DUBS
I love Connor, He's a sniper.. but he was abused on the defensive end when he played. He's so far away at the end I bet he doesn't play. We'll see though.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Let's just win.
I'll co-sign that.

I just have a different belief about momentum. That it has to start somewhere. Meaning, you suck until you don't or you're hot until you're not. The 2016 Rams didn't get "hot" until after two rock bottom losses against La Salle and Fordham in February.

Gaining momentum against New Hampshire or Northeastern I don't think will affect how we play against an objectively better opponent in St Joes.

If we lose the next 2 but then come back and beat St Joe's people will say "we can do this, build off it." If we win the next two but lose to St Joes, people will say "we suck, those last 2 OOC games were a fluke, end the season."

Hence, my point about these next two games not mattering. People overreact so much at this point, that all that matters is the St Joes game and the conference slate.
No one is saying "Those last two OOC wins were a fluke" if we can't beat an NCAA team lol.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Let's just win.
I'll co-sign that.

No one is saying "Those last two OOC wins were a fluke" if we can't beat an NCAA team lol.
You’re speaking rationally. I’m using what I’ve seen already posted over the past 2 weeks to model out certain posters’ potential reactions.
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

reef wrote: 4 months ago

FREE DUBS
I love Connor, He's a sniper.. but he was abused on the defensive end when he played. He's so far away at the end I bet he doesn't play. We'll see though.
Situational player at this point in his career. He’s like Jimmy Baron, who I don’t believe was always a lock down defender his freshman year, but could always shoot.
1 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I'll co-sign that.

You’re speaking rationally. I’m using what I’ve seen already posted over the past 2 weeks to model out certain posters’ potential reactions.
Yeah they have one speed

Doom. And gloom.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yeah they have one speed

Doom. And gloom.
Me: That seems like two speeds?
Patrick Mahomes: Not if you bundle 'em!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago

If your boy wasn't too busy raping women
Disgusting comment.
Yup. Gross…
Not as gross as worshiping a man you never met, that wouldn't give you the time of day, that raped a woman because he's good at basketball and played on your favorite team.

Kobe Bryant was objectively a shitty human being, and it's gross that people still worship him instead of putting him in the ash heap of history where he belongs. I stand by what I wrote
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

If the games are meaningless then why are we here and you soliciting donations for the archie fund? might as well cut the program and invest in something else.

Hockey, football, on campus housing, cleaning up the emporium.

This might be the worst take ive seen from you.
I mean when the board tends to engage in groupthinking negativity, I usually wind up on the side of patience and wind up being right. So I'll trust my gut here.

To get to your points:

1) um. I'll always solicit donations and donate to our program because it's literally how we fell off the edge of a cliff 7 years ago by not having the ability to invest in our program to keep our head coach. That head coach who has turned into one of the best if not the best in college basketball. About 6 weeks before he launched this program into the stratosphere this board was collectively calling for his firing. There was an overwhelming minority of voices (mine and like 5 others) who said to be patient, but everyone called me a Hurley fanboy and that I didn't know what I was talking about by insinuating that the basketball season didn't end in February. Whatever your ridiculously premature takes are about the current headcoach, the program needs investments so that when we have the right staff/players, they don't immediately leave at their first opportunity.

2) the OOC games are factually meaningless right now. 2-0 or 0-2 will have zero bearing on this season being a success or not. We will not get an at large bid, so it's onto conference play and positioning ourselves for a double-bye in Brooklyn. How we finish in conference is going to be how this team is judged. I care more about the 18 games of meaningful basketball than getting worked up over 2 that will have zero bearing on whether or not this season is considered a success, or whether or not we make the NCAA tournament.

There's clearly something broken within this team right now. I am betting that the staff we have will figure out a way to fix whatever's broken on this team - as they're clearly the most talented we've had in the last 4 years.

Sorry if I don't share in the circle jerk of absolutist negativity where we better win "or else" when we're not even 1/3 of the way through our coaches' contract.

By the negativity and "demands" of the collective few on here, some of you would've fired Dan Hurley before we made an NCAA tourney - so sorry if I don't take my thinking cues from the crowd with that kind of track record.
word soup.

if the games are meaningless then I want my money back.
Sir, this is a Wendy's...

If you want your money back you'll have a better chance of that by calling the ticket office instead of posting it on here
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Disgusting comment.
Yup. Gross…
Not as gross as worshiping a man you never met, that wouldn't give you the time of day, that raped a woman because he's good at basketball and played on your favorite team.

Kobe Bryant was objectively a shitty human being, and it's gross that people still worship him instead of putting him in the ash heap of history where he belongs. I stand by what I wrote
And your are choosing to BELIEVE he raped that girl. You're just blabbering it out there that it's 100% definitive and it isn't.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

GO RHODY!
The program has been a dumpster fire since Cox' third year. Losing these next two doesn't change that. And if someone compares Archie to Gerry Duh that's on them and not knowing basketball, not on Archie for not cleaning up the disaster in a year and a half.

If you think winning these next two build something going into conference play I can't argue with that. But I can't argue with someone that says these games don't matter for our season as a whole and it only matters how we play starting on 1/3. Personally, even if we win these next two by 20 I don't think it means anything for how we'll look on 1/3. These games might as well be preseason games to get ready for 1/3. Hopefully we'll be able to bang some rust off of Green, find the best group of guys to put around Estevez for the rest of the season, and make sure no one gets hurt
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Yup. Gross…

And your are choosing to BELIEVE he raped that girl. You're just blabbering it out there that it's 100% definitive and it isn't.
Yeah. He didn't rape that girl just like Big Ben didn't, and OJ didn't kill Nicole. Come on. He was rightfully going to prison until Kobe's lawyers leaked the girl's identity to the public and had Kobe's sycophants deluge her in death threats
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

2nd time this week...

0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Disgusting comment.
Yup. Gross…

Charges were dropped. He wasn’t guilty of the crime. Please check facts over feelings. Even if he was still alive it is despicable to say something like this.

Keep gulping whatever it is you’re on. It is the week of Christmas for Cripe’s Sake.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Charges were dropped because his lawyers purposely leaked the accusers name and she was getting constant death threats, not because he didn't commit a crime. That's facts over feelings. Feelings are "I liked how he played basketball, so I'm going to ignore a rape"
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Charges were dropped because his lawyers purposely leaked the accusers name and she was getting constant death threats, not because he didn't commit a crime. That's facts over feelings. Feelings are "I liked how he played basketball, so I'm going to ignore a rape"
Deep breaths, deep breaths.

Relax.
3 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Charges were dropped because his lawyers purposely leaked the accusers name and she was getting constant death threats, not because he didn't commit a crime. That's facts over feelings. Feelings are "I liked how he played basketball, so I'm going to ignore a rape"
WHAAAT? I believe (although in this crazy country we now live in maybe not true) you must be convicted of a crime to be guilty. Did I miss something in law class?
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

He died tragically. Period. Awful thing to bring up on this message board.

You have zero evidence he committed a crime.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago
WHAAAT? I believe (although in this crazy country we now live in maybe not true) you must be convicted of a crime to be guilty. Did I miss something in law class?

Apparently RowdyRam is now a DA.
2 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

This thread took a hard turn from Delaware.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Anyone driving, be prepared parking is $43.45 at the arena.Welcome to NY
Ouch!
I took the train from Grand Central to UBS Arena-Elmont. $13 round trip. Shuttle Busses take you from the Train Station close to the Front Entrance to the Arena. Very easy. Shuttle busses were waiting when the train arrived and when the game ended. Not very crowded.

I asked a Attendant what the expected crowd was expected and was told 2,500 for all 3 games. The largest crowd would be for the Iona - St Joseph's game

Crowd for Towson vs Bryant was small as it was for The URI - Delaware Game

Mid way through the 1st half of URI - Delaware I counted on the Team Bench side of the Arena 138 people. I'd guess the same density on the opposite side as well so likely 300 or less for The URI - Delaware Game and maybe 200 for the Towson - Bryant game.

The 2nd half had more people for The URI - Delaware game since fans were arriving for the Iona - St Joseph's game. Plus the Towson - St Joseph's game went about 45 minutes over due to the double OT. St Joseph's had the best fan support of all 6 teams.

UBS Arena is very nice. Beautiful outside. The Cube Scoreboard is huge over center court and is great.

Issue is similar to the Dunk as it is built for Hockey so the end zone seats are far, far from the court - but for these lightly attended games that didn't matter.

Ticket included all 3 games and cheap on stub hub

IMG_1490.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

IMG_1489.jpeg
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Pictures of center court overhead scoreboard
IMG_1496.jpeg

IMG_1494.jpeg
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Towson fans are tired of Pat Skerry. Read about the game on their message board afterwards as I wanted to see what they thought of the loss. Towson was up 3 points with 4 seconds to go and Bryant was inbounding the ball right on front of the Towson Bench 90 feet from the hoop. Ball was thrown in to Doug Edert about 10 feet away and it was clear that Skerry wanted to foul with only 4 sec left and a 3 post lead. However, Edert tried to shoot from 90 feet away and hauled a ridiculous looking attempt towards the hoop. Hard to believe but the Ref called it a 3 point attempt. Edert calmly made all 3 FTs to tie the game.

Read. on Towson board that they thought Skerry should have put pressure on the guy throwing in the ball towards Edert and I'd have to agree.

Skerry was on the Refs a lot during the game and used plenty of profanity - easy to hear with only 300 people in the stands.

Martelli Jr was pretty maniacal from the bench, reminded me quite a bit of Grasso with his antics. Not quite as bad as Grasso but much more than I expected.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Skerry been there since 2011

Thanks for the recap and photos Ramster
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Disgusting comment.
Yup. Gross…

Sorry, everyone, I wasn't going to reply, but if this dude is going to come at my character like that, I'm responding.

Kobe's lawyers didn't leak her name. That's a made-up lie, but I'm sure you believe it. The court and the Eagle County Justice Center leaked the name by mistake.. https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... -344885140

I don't know the truth. Neither do you, and people like you who throw it out there like it's a fact are idiots. What do we know for a fact? He cheated on his wife, which is a despicable act. I lost a lot of respect for him, but I don't consider him a monster. I think he made a mistake at 24, during the pinnacle of his career. I believe he evolved as a person and contributed significantly to numerous charities and individuals worldwide. Importantly, he learned from this and became a great husband and father.

Ultimately, no one will ever truly know. Neither you nor I have sufficient evidence. It's a situation of conflicting accounts. I sympathize with her because she faced threats. No one should endure such treatment; it's unacceptable. I hope she has recovered from this, and I wish her nothing but happiness moving forward. I would never support anyone who behaves in such a heinous manner. I've had loved ones who have navigated similar circumstances, so accusing me of dismissing such issues is BS. You don't know my personal experiences or who I am

In my view, I sensed it was consensual.

Some things that didn't sit right with me.
1. She was an addict and had a history of mental illness. Many addicts will do anything for $$. Her best friend said her life revolved around sex, drugs, and alcohol.

2. She waited for him after her shift, snuck him in from the back door, and toured the hotel with him.

3. She told multiple friends that she would sleep with Kobe..

4. Multiple people said she bragged about how she would make a lot of money from Kobe after this happened. She told her friend she would get a breast job and buy her a Koala once she got her settlement money. https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1917138

She was also bragging at a party, discussing the details of when she slept with him. I won't say what she said, but it's out there if you want to read about it. 5 separate said that she was bragging..
https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/ne ... e-1.512242

5. A coworker saw her after this happened and said she was in great spirits and looked fine

6. She slept with another person a few hours later! She had many partners around the same time. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/big-win-for-kobe-defense/
Chapelle said it perfectly in one of his specials.... The amount of people she was with makes it very hard to believe...

7. Close friends said she's a pathological liar and has a celebrity addiction. She said she was going to do the same thing to Eminem. https://www.contactmusic.com/kobe-bryan ... m-into-bed

8. Her story kept changing. I understand this can happen, but it seems like she was lying when you factor in everything else. She admitted that she lied about the details of the night about a year later. https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/ne ... e-1.548757

9. She chose not to testify and received a settlement.

10. In cases like Cosby and Weinstein, multiple accusers often surface after one person speaks out. If Kobe were the monster you portray, did he engage in such behavior only once? Not a single other woman has come forward? I find that hard to believe

Additonal links I'd check out..
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kobe-records-released/
https://www.foxnews.com/story/docs-kobe ... ward-money
https://www.foxnews.com/story/authoriti ... -kobe-case
https://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/04/us/p ... -case.html
https://www.smh.com.au/world/woman-lied ... djw5g.html

The bottom line is this is not the place to throw a comment like that out there. Especially after the tragic death of him and others... My little nephew and his friends read this board.. So do other kids. You have every right to believe what you want, but if you think you can make me out to be a scumbag and say I'm ignoring it because I like the way he plays basketball is not ok. The person that's acting like a shitty human being right now is you.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jesus Christ man.

As you told me, “it’s an A10 message board, it’s not that serious.”

Meanwhile you spent probably an hour with that post to defend your “character” 😂

My god dude, you could’ve watched a high school prep game with that time.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago Jesus Christ man.

Meanwhile you spent probably an hour with that post to defend your “character” 😂

When someone says that I'm ignoring that he's a rapist because I think he's good at basketball it's very serious to me. There is a big difference between you thinking you're smarter than everyone about basketball compared to someone saying that to me. You're too stupid to understand that though...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago Jesus Christ man.

When someone says that I'm ignoring that he's a rapist because I think he's good at basketball it's very serious to me. There is a big difference between you thinking you're smarter than everyone about basketball compared to someone saying that to me. You're too stupid to understand that though...
Don't know about Kobe as father/hubby of the year, nor do you...I do know that he cheated on his wife and was accused of rape. Doesn't matter if he's dead or alive...that's part of his legacy.

Using articles from Fox News as your sources...interesting. Is that the same Fox News that was sued for lying and settled for $787 million as opposed to embarrassing themselves?
https://apnews.com/article/fox-news-dom ... e747fb0afe
0 x