12/21 | New Hampshire | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyram22
ARD

Re: 12/21 | New Hampshire | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

I think most of us can agree, there's no reason a team like this should be losing to Brown and UNH. It's not really a talent issue. I think it's mostly coaching and confidence levels being at an all time low right now.
1 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

This felt very similar to losing to Maine in 2011. Previous rock bottom.
Attachments
IMG_2037.jpeg
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

SimpleJack wrote: 4 months ago Look I love all of you, I respect all of you, I would go to battle for all of you, we are all bonded together over the same passion. But I can’t just stay quiet anymore. How many of you here actually know anything about variance? Sample size? Patience!? The entitlement here is insane. For now on I’m gonna start referring to some of you as Brayon Freeman’s dad. Last years roster was 2/3 comprised of the old regimes players. Archie has had 12 games with his own guys. A roster with not a single senior on it (clearly built for the future) that has the potential to be together again next year and add some good freshman. Yeah let’s just dismiss it all and start over with someone new. That’ll get us to where we want to be. If this roster falls apart in the offseason I am convinced it is because of the toxicity from this crowd on here and on Twitter. Some of you complain about how kids transfer because they don’t get playing time immediately and how weak that is. If you’re passionately complaining about Archie already at this stage, then I hate to break it to you but you are no different from those entitled kids that transfer as soon as something doesn’t go their way. I suggest some of you sit back and quit being so emotional about everything. Or don’t, and keep setting us back. Not every opinion on here is qualified and it shows. Guys relax. It’s nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be. Don’t be a prisoner of the moment.
this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.
1 x
:lol:
rhodyram22
ARD

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 4 months ago
SimpleJack wrote: 4 months ago Look I love all of you, I respect all of you, I would go to battle for all of you, we are all bonded together over the same passion. But I can’t just stay quiet anymore. How many of you here actually know anything about variance? Sample size? Patience!? The entitlement here is insane. For now on I’m gonna start referring to some of you as Brayon Freeman’s dad. Last years roster was 2/3 comprised of the old regimes players. Archie has had 12 games with his own guys. A roster with not a single senior on it (clearly built for the future) that has the potential to be together again next year and add some good freshman. Yeah let’s just dismiss it all and start over with someone new. That’ll get us to where we want to be. If this roster falls apart in the offseason I am convinced it is because of the toxicity from this crowd on here and on Twitter. Some of you complain about how kids transfer because they don’t get playing time immediately and how weak that is. If you’re passionately complaining about Archie already at this stage, then I hate to break it to you but you are no different from those entitled kids that transfer as soon as something doesn’t go their way. I suggest some of you sit back and quit being so emotional about everything. Or don’t, and keep setting us back. Not every opinion on here is qualified and it shows. Guys relax. It’s nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be. Don’t be a prisoner of the moment.
this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.
The "Archie can do not wrong" crowd is really irritating. So much of college basketball is dependent on good coaching. Getting the players read for games, getting them motivated to play, all of those things are up to the coaching staff.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago I think most of us can agree, there's no reason a team like this should be losing to Brown and UNH. It's not really a talent issue. I think it's mostly coaching and confidence levels being at an all time low right now.
Nah way too simplistic, as I referenced before UNH had the 3 best players on the floor last night. Lilly was the best player by a wide margin in the Brown game.

We don’t have anything close to a closer right now. I thought Montgomery had potential to fill that role but it comes in brief spurts.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodyram22
ARD

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago I think most of us can agree, there's no reason a team like this should be losing to Brown and UNH. It's not really a talent issue. I think it's mostly coaching and confidence levels being at an all time low right now.
Nah way too simplistic, as I referenced before UNH had the 3 best players on the floor last night. Lilly was the best player by a wide margin in the Brown game.

We don’t have anything close to a closer right now. I thought Montgomery had potential to fill that role but it comes in brief spurts.
I wanna see what this team could do with good coaching.
0 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by SimpleJack »

this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.
My posts aren’t meant for low IQ people, so you can just carry on because this doesn’t apply to you
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

SimpleJack wrote: 4 months ago
this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.
My posts aren’t meant for low IQ people, so you can just carry on because this doesn’t apply to you
You're the only low IQ person here thinking this team will magically get better under Archie Miller hahahaha
0 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago

this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.
You're the only low IQ person here thinking this team will magically get better under Archie Miller hahahaha
You think you know so much more than you actually do
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.

Another loser, going for the insults.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

Fuck you.
1 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.

Fuck you.
Look at how soft you are on top of being entitled
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Fuck you.
Go back into hiding. No one is going to miss you.
1 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

Fuck you.
What do you mean miss me? Do you come on here for love and affection? No wonder you’re the way you are
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago
rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago Yesterday’s attendance was 3300.

Is that the lowest since the building opened?

Not counting covid, of course.
No.

12/20/09 we had 3114 for a game against Fairfield. We had a record of 26-10 (9-7) that year.
2/9/13 we had 1933 for a game against St. Bonaventure.
11/25/13 we had 869 against UNC Asheville. Part of the NIT Season Tip-Off, so I don't think that was included in the season ticket package.
11/26/13 we had 858 against McNeese State. See note about UNC Asheville.
12/22/13 we had 3246 for New Hampshire.
3/17/15 we had 2638 for Iona. This was an NIT game so not included with season tickets.

This is not comprehensive, it's just what I found quickly on Wikipedia. It includes only one year of data from Jim Baron's time here, most every game for Dan Hurley, and most every game from David Cox' first two seasons. It does not include any exhibition games
Thx for checking, Rhowdy!
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Ironic, buddy :lol:
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

What do you mean miss me? Do you come on here for love and affection? No wonder you’re the way you are
Archie?? Is that you?

Better get your head out of your ass and priorities straight, coach.

The honeymoon is over, babe.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Losing sure does bring out the best in all of us!! :D
5 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.
Did we just find DCRams' newest burner account?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rhodyram22
ARD

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago

Did we just find DCRams' newest burner account?
Yep, you caught me! Enjoy 3 more years of this. :D
0 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

Archie?? Is that you?

Better get your head out of your ass and priorities straight, coach.

The honeymoon is over, babe.
Cmon Keaney. This losing streak sucks but this team is not a lost cause. Me saying that shouldn’t have to be met with so much resistance. I am not in the “Archie can do no wrong camp” whatsoever. If I feel it’s warranted to call something bad out, then I will. For instance, I thought Always Wright needed less playing time not more, and I don’t agree with Archie giving him more minutes recently. But no chance am I willing to say Archie needs to just move on already. None of us know definitively one way or the other at this point in time
2 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

I’m not the one claiming to know the answers 12 games into year two
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

We're not counting last year now? That's funny
0 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

You misread me, I said year two
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

What are you talking about, they literally mentioned it's year 2 in the post you responded to? They're counting last year. But yes, if you know basketball you know 12 games into the 2nd year is too early to judge all but the most extreme ends of the coaching pool
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

I know you said year 2, and I'm counting year 1 as well. Last year was a train wreck, this year is starting to look like one again. Archie's being paid way too much money to lose to UNH and Brown in the same season.
0 x
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

They once played in the CBI when Baron was still there, I think against Miami (OH) but could be wrong, and there were like 1,000 there from what I remember reading.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago Since we hardly win a game as an underdog lately, that prediction if it comes true will have to result in a coaching change.

I can't believe this would be possible.

We can only hope Blue Man.

AM is not DH. Not close.
My brother in Christ. You were literally calling Dan Hurley the second coming of Jim Baron. I’ll hold off on your analogies for the time being :lol: :lol:
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

scine20 wrote: 4 months ago They once played in the CBI when Baron was still there, I think against Miami (OH) but could be wrong, and there were like 1,000 there from what I remember reading.
Delroy first triple double in history that game.
0 x
Go Rhody
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Oh boy. It is going to be a long week+ until the next game. :o
5 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago
scine20 wrote: 4 months ago They once played in the CBI when Baron was still there, I think against Miami (OH) but could be wrong, and there were like 1,000 there from what I remember reading.
Delroy first triple double in history that game.
Yes, that's back when I really cared about the program. It's been a long time since a URI basketball game seemed important.
1 x
SimpleJack
Frenchy Tomlin

I know you said year 2, and I'm counting year 1 as well. Last year was a train wreck, this year is starting to look like one again. Archie's being paid way too much money to lose to UNH and Brown in the same season.
Year one should be counted, I wasn’t omitting it. But we should take last years results with a grain of salt knowing that Archie was coaching David Cox’ players. I fully understand the frustration over losing at home to Brown and UNH. It shouldn’t happen. But it does not in the slightest imply that Archie can’t coach. Variance plays a big part in sports so it’s best not to be a prisoner of the moment. Give it more time. We were in a very bad spot when Archie took over, thanks to the damage from the previous regime. I’ve seen signs of hope again under Archie that hadn’t been seen in many years. The improvement is happening. This years team is better than last years team. I’m willing to bet that next years team will be better than this years team. In the big picture, the results in the short term should matter very little for now. Much like it did back in Hurley’s first two seasons.
2 x
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Year one should be counted, I wasn’t omitting it. But we should take last years results with a grain of salt knowing that Archie was coaching David Cox’ players. I fully understand the frustration over losing at home to Brown and UNH. It shouldn’t happen. But it does not in the slightest imply that Archie can’t coach. Variance plays a big part in sports so it’s best not to be a prisoner of the moment. Give it more time. We were in a very bad spot when Archie took over, thanks to the damage from the previous regime. I’ve seen signs of hope again under Archie that hadn’t been seen in many years. The improvement is happening. This years team is better than last years team. I’m willing to bet that next years team will be better than this years team. In the big picture, the results in the short term should matter very little for now. Much like it did back in Hurley’s first two seasons.
I applaud the optimism but the improvement is not happening. This team is the same, if not worse than last year’s team. Hurley’s first two seasons showed promise. The fight and effort we showed losing 50-49 to Providence in 2013 had me optimistic for the future. There is not one game or moment in the Archie Miller era thus far that gives me any optimism. We need an exciting high school recruit that we can look forward to a la, EC Matthews, Jared Terrell, Fatts Russell.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

I’ve formed plenty of opinions on players on this team and posted several times, you just choose not to read them, which is fine.

I have zero problem saying I know more than people who are saying Archie should step down, get fired, and other ridiculous shit that’s posted.

Also, nice comprehension post, so original!

Clown.
I mean, you don't read what people write most of the time. People must explain their posts repeatedly because you either don't understand or intentionally ignore what they mean. This isn't new. It's been happening for a while. So if you're going to come off like an arrogant ass again, claiming how smart you are, I'm going to respond. Keep in mind I tried to just move on and not deal with your constant bullying and bs but you were too childish to ignore me and kept calling me out so now I don't give a shit..

Yes, you do form an opinion once they come here and play some games, but you call people out when they form an opinion before they come, which is much harder to predict. So let's hear it. What is your prediction about the two incoming players? Also, you said the high school games I watch are meaningless. Can you explain why Hammond dominating on Espnu against other top recruits is meaningless? I think it only helps our program to have a player like that representing us. Can you explain why it doesn't help us?
As I’ve stated many times, I have watched a combined zero seconds of their games.

I don’t hide from that, never have.

Hammond seems like the better of the two, that’s all I’ve got.

Since Hurley, we’ve been burned so many times with the overwhelming majority of new players, it’s just pointless to put so much time into looking at these kids in the day of age of NIL and transfer portal before they step onto the floor.
Idk if Hammond will even be that successful without better weapons around him honestly…. It’s a lot easier to take a man one on one when the entire team is worried about who he may kick it out too. If they pack the paint against him and dare him to shoot I don’t love his ability to hit the 3. He’s not a good 3 pt shooter from what I’m seeing… now if he can get some talent around him he could excel in the A10.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hopefully Hammond turns out to be the second coming of Scoochie Smith.

Anyway, this place has become such a lovefest I can't stand it.

Complain about the coach and team, and knock off the personal insults.

I'm giving Archie more time to figure it out, anyway what choice do we have?
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I think only two things are crystal clear.

1. This club has yet to hit the floor so far the season with the best player in the gym wearing a URI jersey.

2. Archie Miller might be a great coach but he can’t coach the packline to this group.

Pack up the packline immediately and get a couple of elite scorers ASAP.

Happy Christmas folks!
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

JFrech21 wrote: 4 months ago

Not at all.

Three of those players stink/aren’t scoring threats, shouldn’t expect many points from them.
*Four of those players stink/aren't scoring threats, shouldn't expect many points from them.

-Fixed it for you.
I like Weston, don’t think he stinks.
You may like him, but he stinks.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

*Four of those players stink/aren't scoring threats, shouldn't expect many points from them.

-Fixed it for you.
He literally just came back from mourning the loss of a family member.
0 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

He literally just came back from mourning the loss of a family member.
He stunk last year, and prior to the loss of a family member this year.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 4 months ago For what it’s worth, URI was 4-6 vs. Archie Miller Dayton teams from 2011-2017.
Back when Archie was the best coach in the A-10 and ran the best program in the A-10.

I remember those Dayton teams playing such unselfish, beautiful basketball with routinely one of the best offenses and defenses in the country.

Remember the Dayton team he had that had the two bigs kicked off the team? He was playing with what 5 scholarship players? Playing 6'6 Kendall Pollard at center with 6'6 walk on Bobby Wehrli coming in to spell him and DeShawn Pierre. That team went and won two NCAA games including waxing Providence.

How in the actual f**k is this the same coach?
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
Not Mike Powell wrote: 4 months ago For what it’s worth, URI was 4-6 vs. Archie Miller Dayton teams from 2011-2017.
Back when Archie was the best coach in the A-10 and ran the best program in the A-10.

I remember those Dayton teams playing such unselfish, beautiful basketball with routinely one of the best offenses and defenses in the country.

Remember the Dayton team he had that had the two bigs kicked off the team? He was playing with what 5 scholarship players? Playing 6'6 Kendall Pollard at center with 6'6 walk on Bobby Wehrli coming in to spell him and DeShawn Pierre. That team went and won two NCAA games including waxing Providence.

We might've gotten the "Indiana Archie" :oops:
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago

That was year four for him. Year one he went to the NIT, year 2 they went 17-14 (7-9). It wasn't instant success there and he wasn't facing the rebuild he is here. But apparently we should make judgements on him 43 games into his time here when he's trying to complete a massive rebuild
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

What improvement have you seen? They still have never won a quality game under Archie. You are betting they are better next year than being absolutely pathetic this year. The bar is now set high
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Remember the days when you had to keep a coaches contract to like four years because of recruits? I'm guessing coach contracts shrink significantly. Maybe to 3 years.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Archie at Dayton had the luxury of being able to recruit freshmen and develop them over 4 years.

Different world now with transfers and NIL.

So far here it looks like his best players are freshmen.

And 2 coming in that could be good.

He's going to have figure out how to bring in better talented transfers to have any success here, especially since our better players could up and leave after this season and next.

The old way of team building is deader than a dodo. The better coaches are adapting to the new reality, the ones that dont will be left behind.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 months ago
PCFriars wrote: 4 months ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 months ago

Worst defense since Baron's final year, per KenPom... and it's alarmingly close. One or two more bad showings and it could dip below that.
I believe in the coach and I do really like the defensive philosophy. The problem with it is that it’s very complex. Tony Bennett was successful once he had players in the system for multiple years with the ability to learn it and execute it and well. Today’s college hoops landscape doesn’t really allow for that. No idea if Archie is willing to “dumb it down” to an extent. For those of us Patriots fans, the system is similar to a wide receiver trying to learn the Brady/McDaniels playbook. It just doesn’t work.
I agree on this - Archie needs to adapt. With constant transfers you can’t expect a steady group of guys who know the defense to make it work year over year. Prior to the 2 time transfer rule changes (maybe) I expected most of these guys to be here next year, so it would make sense to build a complex D and have a roster next year that is good at it. Now, maybe not so much.

I also have my concerns about the D philosophy in general - it worked a decade ago, but things have change drastically in basketball. Now most teams (except us for unknown reason) have a bunch of guys who can drain 3s. 6-8 guys hitting 3s and handling the ball used to be a top player, now you find guys like that on low level D1 schools. The game is moving out to perimeter but we are playing a D that focuses on the interior.
It’s a really good point and yesterday the 3s were 13-24 for UNH and 5-22 for uri

Can’t win any games with stats like that no matter the competition
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The Celtics beat the Kings the other night. They shot 22/42 or 52.4% from 3. This team is not structured correctly in todays basketball.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We dont defend the 3 and we can't make FT's
But 13 for 24 is even good in the no defense NBA.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's not that they're playing poorly, although they are. It's that they're not playing hard, which Archie even admits. That's what is unacceptable and also alarming.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Who the fuck is this guy? Entitlement? GTFOH. This team is 4-7 with a five game losing streak. Have a nice day clown.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

this is a joke, right?

it's OUR fault?

GTFOH with that.

Are D1 Athletes really reading Message Boards? 😆🙄
0 x