12/21 | New Hampshire | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: 12/21 | New Hampshire | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Losses to America East and the Ivy at home. I am nauseous.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

He really just put Rory back in...and immediately we give up an offensive board. This is hysterical!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago House has been running his mouth and got a tech. He just pushed a dude on the ground for the rebound. Foumena, who is playing fantastic, sits on the bench. Brown has a dogshit offensive foul. Misses a layup. Goes to the line. Misses both free throw! Foumena sits on the bench..What game is Archie watching???!!!
3 more years of Archie, Stevey!
I don't know what to tell you. There is zero chance that you fire a coach in his second year... It's dumb to even talk about it.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

House is Freeman lite.

GO RHODY!
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

CamsRams wrote: 4 months ago Team is so slow and terrible at rebounding.
I like the idea of trying to solve for this by putting Rory into the game lol
5 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

Better dayz - Tupac
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Pathetic
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

brady1 wrote: 4 months ago House is Freeman lite.

GO RHODY!
Not gonna lie, I am starting to wonder the same thing. Worried House might just be this year's Bray. I didn't want to say it, but I have definitely been thinking it....
5 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Down 10 with 2 min left, I assume this game is over. This is just about as bad as it gets. For those that like to take shots at Bryant, please stop now. Not even sure how much better the A10 is than the America East at this point.
Last edited by Rhody_NYCT 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

If you can’t laugh at this, you’ll have the same amount of misery and less laughter.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Why do you have to continue to watch the car crash instead of avoiding it or at least swerving and only minimize the damage. We keep giving bad hires too long. Not saying Archie is one. (Yet), just wondering why you can’t fire a coach after 2 seasons?
Last edited by RIFan 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This is pathetic.

I'm out have seen enough.

This team is worse than last years.

We thought Cox was bad. Think again.

Paying 1.7 mil a year to win maybe 10 games.

Actually doubt that will happen

Miller has no clue. Cox 2.0
4 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

He put dubs in for 18 seconds? Wtf
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago Why do you have to continue to watch the car crash instead of avoid it or at least swerve and only minimize the damage. We keep giving bad hires too long. Not say Archie is one. (Yet), just wondering why you can’t fire a coach after 2 seasons?
You do everything you can to not start over again and again, looks bad all around and sets us back, but if we go 6-25 or whatever, it could be on the table. Jerry D territory.
0 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Not sure what’s worse - being boo’d off your home court or being nothing’d off your home court. Because I can’t imagine we’re going to have fans in the building for a bit.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

FREE DUBS
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago House has been running his mouth and got a tech. He just pushed a dude on the ground for the rebound. Foumena, who is playing fantastic, sits on the bench. Brown has a dogshit offensive foul. Misses a layup. Goes to the line. Misses both free throw! Foumena sits on the bench..What game is Archie watching???!!!
3 more years of Archie, Stevey!
I don't know what to tell you. There is zero chance that you fire a coach in his second year... It's dumb to even talk about it.
He sucks. How many chances is this guy gonna get? Losing to Brown and UNH in his 2nd year? Fucking terrible.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago This is pathetic.

I’m done too. He’s Cox 2.0, but worse.
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

brady1 wrote: 4 months ago House is Freeman lite.

GO RHODY!
Beat me to it
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Last year was the worst offensive team I’ve seen in years
This year is the worst defensive team I’ve seen in years

Every year has a ceiling and a floor. For 1.5 seasons we are playing at the floor. Something’s got to change.

I’d be playing Foumena and Estevez 25-30 mins a night.
4 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago Is it possible this team is worse than last year?
Sorry, but you can ask a better question than that!
0 x
KingstonClank12
Jim Eitner

Unread post by KingstonClank12 »

Think about the millions of tax dollars (including people in place to make these decisions) and where this team is... this is a no thinker W not even that long ago. Season ticket membership and program outlook is on tilt right now....
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago This is pathetic.

He is a better coach than Cox for sure, but how bad did he hype up these players? Look back at the threads on Brown. House and others? Green is supposed to be the savior and yet played 3 years at smaller programs while accomplishing nothing other injury issues. Not playing Foumena is inexcusable.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Fifth straight loss, now six losses by double digits and still in OOC whereas last year we had 5 such losses in the whole regular season.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago Why do you have to continue to watch the car crash instead of avoiding it or at least swerving and only minimize the damage. We keep giving bad hires too long. Not saying Archie is one. (Yet), just wondering why you can’t fire a coach after 2 seasons?
Because no coaching candidate worth anything would ever want to work in an environment where a school as historically irrelevant as URI wasn’t willing to give a coach (especially one with Archie’s pedigree and name) more than 2 seasons.

Look at Lange and St Joes. This stuff takes time.

No idea why we look so broken. But my God is House regressing. I’ve got a lot of questions about what Archie has been running too - but let’s stick to reality that he’s not on any hot seat.

Dave Cox. The coach who didn’t know the best player on another team wasn’t playing after he was announced as out, got an additional year after that. Archie isn’t, nor should be, getting fired anytime soon.

Not directing this at you, but the fact that this has to be stated is another reason that I don’t mind being in the minority of posters when I have a “hot” take. Like - this game was meaningless in the big picture and so is next week.
4 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

that is the issue...it not the loss it is the double digit loss and steve mcdonald said there was 3500 reported fans with a snicker....
There is a big problem...Everyone needs to realize that
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I give Miller one more year to turn this around.

Another year of this and he has to go.

Can't blame Thorr for this one. Everyone thought this would work based on Archie's success at Dayton

Does anyone have the number URI would be on the hook for if he's fired after year 3?

No way this can continue.

Or be allowed to continue beyond next year, for sure.
Last edited by rambone 78 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

So far, Archie has not been worth even half of what he’s been paid. The ROI right now is horrific…

He’s made the same mistakes Cox did by recruiting athletes, not basketball players. Team has not had a consistent 3 pt threat in years and he did not address that need. And let’s not say Dubsky because he’s not a threat playing 18 secs a game. We have no identity and our offense is pretty much 1v1. This is really bad not just for the present but especially for the future. Tough to keep good players (Cam, Foumena) if the team is shit and even harder to convince good players to come join a train wreck of a program.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Fire Archie!
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Alright Thorr this is a freaking mess. Time to set up a meeting with Archie tomorrow. I believe he can turn this around but this is F’d up right now. Time for a how’s everything going how can I help.

GO RHODY!
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago
RIFan wrote: 4 months ago Why do you have to continue to watch the car crash instead of avoiding it or at least swerving and only minimize the damage. We keep giving bad hires too long. Not saying Archie is one. (Yet), just wondering why you can’t fire a coach after 2 seasons?
Because no coaching candidate worth anything would ever want to work in an environment where a school as historically irrelevant as URI wasn’t willing to give a coach (especially one with Archie’s pedigree and name) more than 2 seasons.

Look at Lange and St Joes. This stuff takes time.

No idea why we look so broken. But my God is House regressing. I’ve got a lot of questions about what Archie has been running too - but let’s stick to reality that he’s not on any hot seat.

Dave Cox. The coach who didn’t know the best player on another team wasn’t playing after he was announced as out, got an additional year after that. Archie isn’t, nor should be, getting fired anytime soon.

Not directing this at you, but the fact that this has to be stated is another reason that I don’t mind being in the minority of posters when I have a “hot” take. Like - this game was meaningless in the big picture and so is next week.
I don’t disagree with you, but aren’t the A-10 games pretty meaningless this season also? Are they really going to turn it on and finish in the top 4? They are playing all these games to get a bye and play one less game. The team stinks! They aren’t finishing in the top half even though the conference isn’t very good.They just need to play guys like Foumena or find out who will be impactful on next years team. Archie is here for 2 more years without question.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

We are in a bad place right now. Does Archie clean house (no pun intended) and turnover the roster again ? Turn over the staff ?

I don’t think perpetual player turnover is a path to success. I don’t know what the answer is.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago Not sure what’s worse - being boo’d off your home court or being nothing’d off your home court. Because I can’t imagine we’re going to have fans in the building for a bit.
It is easily being nothing’d! There aren’t many people who care or even follow this program at this point.
Last edited by RamStock 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago I feel confident that Green and Fuchs will come back healthy but it really really sucks that Bilau can't stay healthy. At this point, I think it's time to accept that this dude will be nothing more than a 15-20-minute player at best, or he'll be out. Regardless, this is not a game we should lose.
but, we did anyway....my gosh, this sucks
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago I give Miller one more year to turn this around.

Can't blame Thorr for this one. Everyone thought this would work based on Archie's success at Dayton

Does anyone have the number URI would be on the hook for if he's fired after year 3?

If next year is our fifth consecutive losing season, i will not be renewing my tickets.
That’s a promise.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Mrs hrstrat57 said “why do everyone of these scrub teams come in here with the best players? This team has the three best players on the floor. 4,5 and 21 - it’s been every single team!”

Yep Mrs hrstrat57 has watched a lot of hoop.

The packline ain’t packin’

Right now this looks unfixable.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 months agoFire Archie!
That's a little aggressive. But I understand your anger.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Horrible defense and FT shooting. Not playing your best players.

Way overrated recruits.

Anything else?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Hot take: we need Fuchs.
2 x
Go Rhody
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

This is all on Miller. This team is horrendous defensively. Their is Noone with any heart or intensity from the opening warm-ups to the final whistle including the head coach. Right at the beginning he was sulking on the sideline. This pack line defense is an f...ING joke. To let unh score 81 points is inexcusable. Really disgusted with the lack of balls on this team . Whoever picked them to come in 14th in the league may be overly optimistic. Can't believe another year where we get worse as the season moves on. Getting close to becoming a Bryant fan. Lot closer to home..
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 months ago Mrs hrstrat57 said “why do everyone of these scrub teams come in here with the best players? This team has the three best players on the floor. 4,5 and 21 - it’s been every single team!”

Yep Mrs hrstrat57 has watched a lot of hoop.

The packline ain’t packin’

Right now this looks unfixable.
She's right! Good take!
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

I did somehwat question the Archie hire based on feedback from my IU friends but i’m not as down as everyone else.

Archie is way more qualified compared to Cox and we have more talent than last year. Injuries haven’t helped. Still need to see this year through and next year is the big year.

This game was depressing…no way around it.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I think we win with Fuchs and Bilau, but the heavy criticism is warranted.
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago Not sure what’s worse - being boo’d off your home court or being nothing’d off your home court. Because I can’t imagine we’re going to have fans in the building for a bit.
Serious question...do more fans fall in the apathy bucket or the po'd bucket? Hopefully, b....
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

ramster's prediction in the overall record contest is looking decent after tonight. Sheesh.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I think Miller will resign at the end of this season if things do not turn around.....Just listening to his press conference.
I think his timeline is this year only. no improvement. He will leave right or wrong. That's what I think
2 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

No game is “meaningless” when you’re trying to build a program back up. Wins give the players confidence for their next game. Wins gets fans to come to games and support the team. Wins gets donations. Wins gets recruits interested in joining the program.
3 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago I give Miller one more year to turn this around.

Here's what rhe Projo said when he was hired:

Miller’s base salary in all five years will be $400,000. The majority of his remaining compensation will come through Ryan Center gate receipts — $750,000 in each of the first two years, $1 million in each of the last three. Miller will also be paid $200,000 in athletic department appearance fees in each of the first two years, $450,000 in each of the final three and retention bonuses of $500,000 apiece in September 2024 and September 2025.

Not sure what he would make if we let him walk, but at this rate the prospect of paying him a $500,000 "retention bonus" next September is sickening.

Also, remember this is a guy that received a $10 million buyout when Indiana let him go.

I supported his hiring and still think a turnaround isn't impossible, but if it doesn't happen in the next two months I'm not really interested in giving him another year.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Tonight...given the opponent, the outcome, and the attendance...has to be the bottom, right? If not, maybe someone can refresh the memory? Or, is that a whole new thread?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Don’t expect to see Green any time soon, maybe all season.

“Not in our conversation at all” according to Archie
0 x
Go Rhody