2023-24 Rotation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: 2023-24 Rotation

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

we will have him in time for the a10 and i am dusting off the pom poms for Blue Man !

LFG !

NCAA !!!!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago
adam914 wrote: 4 months ago Yeah no point in playing Green now if it risks losing a whole year of eligbility for just 2 weeks of action. Better to let it play out and see what the deal is once conference play rolls around.
Seems like a new turn every day.
At this point, I am sure Green is working out and practicing with the team.

I also have a feeling the NCAA waiver rules will get overturned on Dec. 27th and the kids will play.
Unfortunately, in this environment you never know.
I can't believe the NCAA wants to expose themselves to expensive lawsuits and costly time-consuming litigation.
Agreed, I think so to. Better to just be safe for now since there are so many unknowns.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

David Green won't be available 'in the near future' until further eligibility questions are answered. #URI

So, is that 'eligibility' questions about 'everyone's' general eligibility?
Or, are there potentially issues w/DG's eligibility specifically?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago Yeah no point in playing Green now if it risks losing a whole year of eligbility for just 2 weeks of action. Better to let it play out and see what the deal is once conference play rolls around.

I also have a feeling the NCAA waiver rules will get overturned on Dec. 27th and the kids will play.
I can't believe the NCAA wants to expose themselves to expensive lawsuits and costly time-consuming litigation.
He hasn't been working with the team since his waiver was denied.

I surely hope he's on his way back.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago David Green won't be available 'in the near future' until further eligibility questions are answered. #URI

So, is that 'eligibility' questions about 'everyone's' general eligibility?
Or, are there potentially issues w/DG's eligibility specifically?
Everyone was given the same info as Archie.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Whatever happened to APR? Does that even exist anymore?
Haven't seen/heard on any updates on that, seems like forever.
It's publicly available information. We haven't had an issue with it in a while now. If you're at 930 or lower, you can be banned from postseason participation. We were at 926 in 2011-12 (last year of Baron), before hitting 932 the year after. Those were our two lowest marks in the years its been tracked. We were at 990 in Hurley's final year and 984 in Cox's first year. Last year's team was 967. One positive side effect of loose transfer rules and being able to transfer freely as a graduate is that it incentives more athletes to takes classes seriously.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago

Huh? Are you saying he hasn't been with the team, travelling and working out at all? What's he been doing?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago

Huh? Are you saying he hasn't been with the team, travelling and working out at all? What's he been doing?
He's been sitting out to rest his knee. He's not playing Saturday. Possibly conference play...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

He's been sitting out to rest his knee. He's not playing Saturday. Possibly conference play...
Wait a second. David Green, who everyone wanted to start this year with a waiver, has been sitting out all year with a knee injury? Is this true? So even if he got a waiver he wouldn't have played?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Wait a second. David Green, who everyone wanted to start this year with a waiver, has been sitting out all year with a knee injury? Is this true? So even if he got a waiver he wouldn't have played?
Well he obviously wasn't hurt for that scrimmage.

All Archie said publicly that he wasn't practicing with the team because he wasn't eligible.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

All Archie said publicly that he wasn't practicing with the team because he wasn't eligible.
Is that normal? Like in years past and transfers that weren't eligible didn't practice with the team? This is suspect. I never heard of this before.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Is that normal? Like in years past and transfers that weren't eligible didn't practice with the team? This is suspect. I never heard of this before.
As far as being involved in the game plan yes. Otherwise you'd think he'd be doing the developmental side of practice.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

ok I'm confused.
I thought all players who were sitting out a year would practice with the team in some capacity and travel with the team. DG has not been at the games?
Has that changed and where did the knee issue come from. Was that something I missed?
Someone please explain
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m good waiting until the 27 th ! Ramp him up in practice
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Cluster within a cluster, wrapped up within an enigema?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago ok I'm confused.
I thought all players who were sitting out a year would practice with the team in some capacity and travel with the team. DG has not been at the games?
Has that changed and where did the knee issue come from. Was that something I missed?
Someone please explain
I think I saw his IG story from Charleston , so he must have traveled with the team there ?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Yeah the NCAA isn't going to get away with threatening these players.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Did we not call this S show as soon as this all began?
1 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago Did we not call this S show as soon as this all began?
Source: PBS ('cept for the part I changed a little bit)
What do you call a cluster of clusters?
Clusters of galaxies, and clusters of clusters of galaxies, called superclusters, make up the NCAA structures in the geography of the universe.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Bring back Mark Emmert (kidding, kinda)
0 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I love how, even in their death throws, the NCAA is still threatening to punish people who disobey them.

They are soo obtuse, that they cannot see, that they are the ones that caused this when they arbitrarily starting choosing which players could play and which ones had to sit, with no explanation, no rhyme or reason, nothing, like they have always done in the past for decades, unabated, as if they could just go back to "business as usual".
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

It just needs to go back to how it used to be.
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago It just needs to go back to how it used to be.
That could happen
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I am no way a lawyer but if a judge puts a TRO on this issue to further discuss, is that not that the Judge saying that it is believed the rule is is not valid and the judge is leaning in favor of the player and not the NCAA
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NCAA to allow players a second transfer without penalty through end of 2023-24 school year
The decision comes after a court ruling against the NCAA's rules governing two-time transfers

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-to-allow- ... 22801.html
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 4 months ago I love how, even in their death throws, the NCAA is still threatening to punish people who disobey them.

They are soo obtuse, that they cannot see, that they are the ones that caused this when they arbitrarily starting choosing which players could play and which ones had to sit, with no explanation, no rhyme or reason, nothing, like they have always done in the past for decades, unabated, as if they could just go back to "business as usual".
It's amazing, when you have people in charge of billions of dollars, who collect million dollar salaries, how hard they fight for themselves rather than the people who created the money.
2 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Ok, David Green will be in the starting rotation tomorrow or be sub off the bench
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago Ok, David Green will be in the starting rotation tomorrow or be sub off the bench
I'd be very surprised if he enters right into the starting lineup on Saturday but that's up to Miller. Miller did not seem to indicate on his Show that Green would even play at all, never mind start.

He has not been practicing with the team since his Waiver was denied, instead working out on his own as per Miller on his Coach's Show this week.

Interesting to see whose starting job Green takes and whose minutes he takes.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
rjv wrote: 4 months ago Ok, David Green will be in the starting rotation tomorrow or be sub off the bench
I'd be very surprised if he enters right into the starting lineup on Saturday but that's up to Miller. Miller did not seem to indicate on his Show that Green would even play at all, never mind start.

He has not been practicing with the team since his Waiver was denied, instead working out on his own as per Miller on his Coach's Show this week.

I'm guessing he no play tomorrow
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago

I'd be shocked if he played at all and 1000000100 shocked if he starts (Learned that exponent thing from RI Red) :lol:
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No way he plays tomorrow but let’s hope soon.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What's this about a knee injury to Green Stevey? I have not seen anything or heard anything on that up to this point. Do you know?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree , he’s not practicing right now so would think he needs to ramp up for a week or 2
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The NCAA is soo tone deaf, they they do not get, that when they intentionally DRAG THEIR ASSES, and make a kid like David Green wait MONTHS for a simple decision of whether he is going to play or not, and it carries weeks into the actual season, months into the actual school year, something that they could have easily sat down and decided over 15 mins and a cup of coffee back in August or even July....

..... that they are going to end up having future players who can do whatever they want in total No-Rule Free Agency environment, because no one is going to put up with their crap anymore. It's petty. It's lazy. It's completely inconsiderate to everyone involved. And they have proven themselves a bunch of dinosaurs that should be allowed to go extinct. and the fact is, they simply do not care, and that's why it's coming.

Someone wrote a thread a few days ago called "Apathy". That should be the NCAA's new title. That's what they do and that's who they are. They don't give a rat's patootie about the college kids they are supposed to advocate for. All they care about is choosing the winners and losers and they could really care less about how it affects their lives. And that's why these kids are hitting home runs in the courtroom against them, because it's the worst kept secret in sports.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

If the NCAA decided that player X can transfer a second time, because they moved significantly closer to home to be with a parent who is either dying, has a terminal illness, is in hospice care, had a nervous breakdown, lost their job and means to keep their home, a career ending injury, has a hardship in general, the player actually lost a parent and the family needs them close by, "died suddenly", whatever the case....

.... and then player Y does pretty much the same thing, within reason, ball park, as what player X did, and they get told.... Nah.

Then the NCAA made their own bed here. They deserve whatever is coming their way. You don't do for one, and then decide it was exclusive only for that one.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 4 months ago If the NCAA decided that player X can transfer a second time, because they moved significantly closer to home to be with a parent who is either dying, has a terminal illness, is in hospice care, had a nervous breakdown, lost their job and means to keep their home, a career ending injury, has a hardship in general, the player actually lost a parent and the family needs them close by, "died suddenly", whatever the case....

.... and then player Y does pretty much the same thing, within reason, ball park, as what player X did, and they get told.... Nah.

Then the NCAA made their own bed here. They deserve whatever is coming their way. You don't do for one, and then decide it was exclusive only for that one.
Yep, It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye files a lawsuit
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 4 months ago What's this about a knee injury to Green Stevey? I have not seen anything or heard anything on that up to this point. Do you know?
Based on the radio show and his media availability it sounds like a minor issue but once it was deemed he couldn't play this year everyone thought it best for him to rest instead of playing through it.

That's just reading the tea leaves, not a guarantee I'm right
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I take DUBS and 4 of DUBS clones please

FREE DUBS
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months ago I take DUBS and 4 of DUBS clones please

FREE DUBS
Free Dubs and Free Rory! Give me shooters on the floor!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 months ago

FREE DUBS
Unfortunately there are 2 ends to the floor. Archie would have to change his defense. Then again, there aren't many on the team playing it well now, so it probably wouldn't hurt to play them.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It's clear we need a shakeup.

Archie benching House last game I think signified something.

I'd like to see a lineup that starts with Luis/Cam/House/Zek/Bilau and go from there.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago

FREE DUBS
Unfortunately there are 2 ends to the floor. Archie would have to change his defense. Then again, there aren't many on the team playing it well now, so it probably wouldn't hurt to play them.
I guess that’s the point - defense kind of sucks, may as well go for some offense
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Team needs to read this book.
652D074D-7DA5-4D61-AD97-7DA652DBAAE6.jpeg
0 x
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I guess that’s the point - defense kind of sucks, may as well go for some offense
In his meager playing time with practically no defensive attention on him, Dubsky is shooting 30 percent. His per-40 stats, he's averaging 5.3 fouls and 9.5 attempts from 3. There isn't much to suggest that he's a good option on offense, except that he enjoys shooting. Occasionally, guys like this will manage to hit a couple shots in a single game, which then leads to a clamor that they absolutely need to play more.

As of now, Dubsky looks like the latest manifestation of the Matthew Butler or Rory Stewart or Greg Hammond Syndrome, wherein a guy with a reputation for shooting seems like a tantalizing option solely because he's not playing. (On the women's side this year, also see Eva DeChent.) I suspect he's not playing because the guys that are playing are obviously better during practice, and that he either needs to get a lot better to play here or to transfer down.
6 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

FREE DUBS
Unfortunately, no matter how well it's played, that other end of the floor is boring af (jmo)...let's get buckets. Not sure those are the guys, maybe they are. And while it's not happening, for the next couple games, it would be fun to bleep the defense and just run and shoot, subbing as necessary for tired arms from shooting. Play Cam-a-lot (see what I did there?), run some plays to get zek some 3's to see if he's lost it or not, otherwise, just keep subbing in shooters and jacking up 3s. If we're going to lose, let's have it be 93-85 :lol:
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Unfortunately, no matter how well it's played, that other end of the floor is boring af (jmo)...let's get buckets. Not sure those are the guys, maybe they are. And while it's not happening, for the next couple games, it would be fun to bleep the defense and just run and shoot, subbing as necessary for tired arms from shooting. Play Cam-a-lot (see what I did there?), run some plays to get zek some 3's to see if he's lost it or not, otherwise, just keep subbing in shooters and jacking up 3s. If we're going to lose, let's have it be 93-85 :lol:
Is this Paul Westhead hijacking NYG’s account to post here? :lol:

That said, Paul, I enjoyed watching your Loyola MaryMount teams. Very entertaining.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I think most of us agree that Cam should be getting a lot of minutes. Before the season started and even after the first few games, most of us thought that House was our best scorer and even our best player. If Cam starts playing around 30 minutes per game, I think the one player whose minutes would be affected the most would be House. In fact it already started to show last game when Cam got 25 minutes and House got a season low 15 minutes against Delaware. Also, I can't see both of them being on the floor together much.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So be it.

A. We need to see what we have long term in Cam.
B. Developing Cam and Fuchs when he's back are vital for the future of our program. Not just vital, but with where our season is now it's the most important thing we can accomplish the remainder of the year.
C. We need to do what we can to make sure he doesn't transfer, and hopefully feeding him minutes now will help on that front
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago So be it.

B. Developing Cam and Fuchs when he's back are vital for the future of our program. Not just vital, but with where our season is now it's the most important thing we can accomplish the remainder of the year.
C. We need to do what we can to make sure he doesn't transfer, and hopefully feeding him minutes now will help on that front
I would add Foumena to this. He’s only a freshman himself.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago So be it.

I would add Foumena to this. He’s only a freshman himself.
Yes, please play Foumena for christs sake.
1 x