12/16 | Delaware | 4:30PM (FloHoops) | Holiday Hoopfest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: 12/16 | Delaware | 4:30PM (FloHoops) | Holiday Hoopfest

Unread post by Rhody15 »

class of 86 wrote: 4 months ago I watched them come back on Yale.it can be done.Yale is winning again so it was a formidable win.I wasn't expecting them to be at CCharlst or Delaware but was hopeful.If we hold serve and win these next two home games And go to 7-5...were back on track for hopefully a break even season or real close.....don't forget Archie pulled a rabbit out of the hat against Dayton last year.....and if all else fails he leaves for an office job with another college or NBA team or league
What a last line

Just throwing shit against the wall for no reason

“Office job with another college or NBA team or league”

Yea, maybe he’ll end up to the new GM with Patriots.
2 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago
class of 86 wrote: 4 months ago I watched them come back on Yale.it can be done.Yale is winning again so it was a formidable win.I wasn't expecting them to be at CCharlst or Delaware but was hopeful.If we hold serve and win these next two home games And go to 7-5...were back on track for hopefully a break even season or real close.....don't forget Archie pulled a rabbit out of the hat against Dayton last year.....and if all else fails he leaves for an office job with another college or NBA team or league
What a last line

Just throwing shit against the wall for no reason

“Office job with another college or NBA team or league”

Yea, maybe he’ll end up to the new GM with Patriots.
Maybe QB for the Giants?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

McRam wrote: 4 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago Can we try to play Luis in the post more??? It's one the rate bright spots this year.
And Set up,Fou in the post for. His baby hook.?.
I like that baby hook he shoots. Would like to see it more as in more integrated into our O.

That said, I haven’t watched Fou closely on the D end to know if he is a liability on that end and limit his PT.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ram1980 wrote: 4 months ago My concern is how rigid Archie is with his philosophy. There has to be room for adapting to the roster, especially on defense depending on the game flow. In game adjustments just aren't happening. Example, Rory gave him good minutes and energy yesterday, but can't play effective defense. What's wrong with a few minutes of zone. Also, not pressing when down late in games makes no sense. Archie may never be able to implement his defensive philosophy effectively with today's landscape. Can he adapt to today's game is my big question??
I think the pressing issue is a bit tricky in that if it hasn’t been practiced then it can do more damage than help (and according to Arch, we haven’t practiced one). So I get the reasoning behind not playing zone type full court press at this time.

However, we play man to man and that itself can be played full court after we score with more pressure to force turnovers, increase the pace of the game and create more scoring opportunities for us on O. It shouldn’t take much for the guys to learn to play their man full court and stay in the opponents face or keep him in front of you.

I am scratching my head wondering why Arch hasn’t at least tried that - unless I missed it because I wasn’t paying close enough attention.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago We have to remember Zek was a role player last year. This is his first year being one of the top dogs. A lot of guys go through slumps like this. I still have hope in his game because we've seen him succeed.. You add Green, you hopefully add a healthy Fuchs/Bilau, Cam and Ways keep developing, and most importantly Archie learns how to coach again and we could make some noise in the A10. Right now we are the worst team in the A10.. We'll see..
Good reminder about Zek, Stevey. I forgot myself about his role last season.

Though I am disappointed in his play lately, I am not ready to give up on him.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago I am still trying to digest what happened to us Saturday, and for the most part this season.
Two players we have counted on Zek and House are in a huge funk and seem to have disappeared.
Luis doesn't look like a true PG, better suited at CG.

Cam a true freshman was the best player suited up in a Rhody uniform yesterday, and it wasn't even close.

Our bigs have been less than dominating this season.
Although Fuchs and Foumena both being freshmen get a pass, and I do see upside and potential with them.
Bilau seems to keep getting bit by the injury bug, so I am not sure how much we can count on him if he can't stay on the court.
Rory is still a bit raw and not the most athletic, but he has his moments and the ability to stretch it.
Brown certainly struggled yesterday, and he is still a work in progress, definitely not a finished product yet.

I think these next 2 games will be huge, both for the players and the coaches.
They need to figure it out now, because conference play starts soon.
A couple of wins may go long way in giving the team a little confidence.

Our veteran transfers have to start showing up on a consistent basis.
Good post, Jersey.

Were you at the game yesterday ? I thought you had posted previously that you were going.

Anyway, if you did go then I would like to hear more from you about the attitudes of the players and coaches during play and while in the huddle during time out’s - if you paid attention to those things ?
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago Something will click, it has too. There’s absolutely talent and we have the right coach. Forget Dayton, Archie took a terrible Hoosiers team and had them tournament bound in 2020. He will do that here. This team is basically the United Nations, players from all different backgrounds and schools and making that work isn’t easy. But they have to find a way.
He got fired from Indiana with top 10 resources in the country. Stick with Dayton as the example
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago I am still trying to digest what happened to us Saturday, and for the most part this season.
Two players we have counted on Zek and House are in a huge funk and seem to have disappeared.
Luis doesn't look like a true PG, better suited at CG.

Cam a true freshman was the best player suited up in a Rhody uniform yesterday, and it wasn't even close.

Our bigs have been less than dominating this season.
Although Fuchs and Foumena both being freshmen get a pass, and I do see upside and potential with them.
Bilau seems to keep getting bit by the injury bug, so I am not sure how much we can count on him if he can't stay on the court.
Rory is still a bit raw and not the most athletic, but he has his moments and the ability to stretch it.
Brown certainly struggled yesterday, and he is still a work in progress, definitely not a finished product yet.

I think these next 2 games will be huge, both for the players and the coaches.
They need to figure it out now, because conference play starts soon.
A couple of wins may go long way in giving the team a little confidence.

Our veteran transfers have to start showing up on a consistent basis.
Good post, Jersey.

Were you at the game yesterday ? I thought you had posted previously that you were going.

Anyway, if you did go then I would like to hear more from you about the attitudes of the players and coaches during play and while in the huddle during time out’s - if you paid attention to those things ?
Yes, I was at the game, actually was there for all 3.
For the most part as far as I can tell, the players seemed engaged in the huddles and discussions with the coaches.
Guess it didn't help.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The absolute least person I’m worried about is Zek.

He’s shown he can play against P6 competition, just a little funk right now.

House, on the other hand, seems to be overwhelmed by better competition and shuts down, with PC being an outlier. Not ideal.
1 x
Go Rhody
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

You either recruit to fit your system or fit your system to your recruits. In today’s environment I think the later is what will make a coach and program successful, given that we may be dealing with more annual turnover than in the past and the idea of long term development of a core group seems to be from a bygone era.

House plays at one speed and needs to learn to be more under control. Add to that fact that his speed is not elite and many players at the a10 level and higher are similar to him, negates his primary mode of scoring. Now if he could drive and pass more, that would add value to the team
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago The absolute least person I’m worried about is Zek.

He’s shown he can play against P6 competition, just a little funk right now.

House, on the other hand, seems to be overwhelmed by better competition and shuts down, with PC being an outlier. Not ideal.
And House came out of the gate, admittedly against inferior opponents, guns blazing. I was like holy shit this guy is a game-changer for us.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Yeah one trick pony coaches are going to struggle. A pure motion offense like McKillop ran should always work at D1 level. Motion is the play.

Other than that agree system must be tweaked to fit the players you have.

Portalpalooza is a different game for coaches that aren’t running P5 programs.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 months ago Yeah one trick pony coaches are going to struggle. A pure motion offense like McKillop ran should always work at D1 level. Motion is the play.

Other than that agree system must be tweaked to fit the players you have.

Portalpalooza is a different game for coaches that aren’t running P5 programs.
100% agree, gotta be flexible on both sides of the ball these days...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago You either recruit to fit your system or fit your system to your recruits. In today’s environment I think the later is what will make a coach and program successful, given that we may be dealing with more annual turnover than in the past and the idea of long term development of a core group seems to be from a bygone era.

House plays at one speed and needs to learn to be more under control. Add to that fact that his speed is not elite and many players at the a10 level and higher are similar to him, negates his primary mode of scoring. Now if he could drive and pass more, that would add value to the team
I just had to stop at this one..."plays at one speed ... Add to that fact that his speed is not elite", is like saying, "he's not the fastest guy in the world, but he's not among the fastest guys either" (I do agree tho). :lol:
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

It’s like a guy with a good but not great fastball who is successful at AAA, but needs to develop another pitch to be successful in the majors.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago It’s like a guy with a good but not great fastball who is successful at AAA, but needs to develop another pitch to be successful in the majors.
I think this applies to coaches too, where they loose their fastball or not having it on a given nite.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I still think you need to get Zek and House going to have any chance at a mid A-10 finish. Also, I’m not in the Archie camp that this game was good defensively. Delaware is a stone throw away from D2 and they dominated us. I also question where the preparation was for this game as 13 was basically left alone to score at will. Need more from Arch here…
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 months ago I still think you need to get Zek and House going to have any chance at a mid A-10 finish. Also, I’m not in the Archie camp that this game was good defensively. Delaware is a stone throw away from D2 and they dominated us. I also question where the preparation was for this game as 13 was basically left alone to score at will. Need more from Arch here…
Delaware was a tournament team two years ago.

Hard to say they’re a “stone throw away from D2.”
2 x
Go Rhody
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 months ago I still think you need to get Zek and House going to have any chance at a mid A-10 finish. Also, I’m not in the Archie camp that this game was good defensively. Delaware is a stone throw away from D2 and they dominated us. I also question where the preparation was for this game as 13 was basically left alone to score at will. Need more from Arch here…
"Delaware is a stone throw away from D2???" They were in the NCAA tournament two years ago and were 16-15 last year...AT DIVISION ONE.

They've got transfers from Florida, Pitt, PC, and LaSalle.

Yeah, that's D2 talent for sure.

(URI's transfers are from High Point, Quinnipiac, Bradley, Seton Hall. You tell me which team's roster is better.)
5 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago
jcru wrote: 4 months ago

studs, are you watching these games? There is NO answer. Fuchs, Kobe, no one, is going to matter in there, because there is basically no focus on actually winning the game out there.
Ya, I'm not saying Green is the answer. I'm saying I understand why he's not playing today. But how dare you say that about my boy Kobe? Kobe would take this team to the NCAA tournament by himself!
If your boy wasn't too busy raping women

Are you literally talking about Kobe, a deceased man like this? Get over yourself.
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

jcru wrote: 4 months ago

studs, are you watching these games? There is NO answer. Fuchs, Kobe, no one, is going to matter in there, because there is basically no focus on actually winning the game out there.
Ya, I'm not saying Green is the answer. I'm saying I understand why he's not playing today. But how dare you say that about my boy Kobe? Kobe would take this team to the NCAA tournament by himself!
Disgusting comment.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago

Disgusting comment.
Yup. Gross…
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyram22 wrote: 4 months ago

Disgusting comment.
Yup. Gross…
Message boarders gonna message board...
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 4 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago

22, I think what BM is getting at is those games (conf games) would matter more than OOC games. I don’t believe he is alluding to difficulty.

I think he discussed the point - with the assumption that the team would be improving - in other threads if not in this one.

Anyway, I am sure he will come along to clarify sooner or later.
Correct.

I’m actually perplexed people are getting worked up right now. The Brown game was the funeral for the OOC, none of these games mean anything now. I commend any of you for caring enough to have your days ruined by this team, but a W or L post Brown until St Joes is meaningless.

Maybe Arch benching House will be a wake up call like what Hurley did in 2016.

All I know is the next couple games are pointless for anything except the players figuring out whatever it is they need to figure out.

If we play how we’ve played, we’re looking at a 6-12 conference campaign at best and if that’s the case, I’ll be ready to cut wrists.

I am holding out hope that something will click and this team will have a come to Jesus campaign.

And if not, it’s still year 2.

Disappointing for sure, but let’s not do that thing everyone did with hurley blaming him for Baron’s last couple years. Dave Cox’s stink is still on and around the program as seen by the apathy surrounding it. It didn’t happen overnight with Hurley, it won’t happen overnight here.

Godspeed to all of us, see you in 2024.
If the games are meaningless then why are we here and you soliciting donations for the archie fund? might as well cut the program and invest in something else.

Hockey, football, on campus housing, cleaning up the emporium.

This might be the worst take ive seen from you.
I mean when the board tends to engage in groupthinking negativity, I usually wind up on the side of patience and wind up being right. So I'll trust my gut here.

To get to your points:

1) um. I'll always solicit donations and donate to our program because it's literally how we fell off the edge of a cliff 7 years ago by not having the ability to invest in our program to keep our head coach. That head coach who has turned into one of the best if not the best in college basketball. About 6 weeks before he launched this program into the stratosphere this board was collectively calling for his firing. There was an overwhelming minority of voices (mine and like 5 others) who said to be patient, but everyone called me a Hurley fanboy and that I didn't know what I was talking about by insinuating that the basketball season didn't end in February. Whatever your ridiculously premature takes are about the current headcoach, the program needs investments so that when we have the right staff/players, they don't immediately leave at their first opportunity.

2) the OOC games are factually meaningless right now. 2-0 or 0-2 will have zero bearing on this season being a success or not. We will not get an at large bid, so it's onto conference play and positioning ourselves for a double-bye in Brooklyn. How we finish in conference is going to be how this team is judged. I care more about the 18 games of meaningful basketball than getting worked up over 2 that will have zero bearing on whether or not this season is considered a success, or whether or not we make the NCAA tournament.

There's clearly something broken within this team right now. I am betting that the staff we have will figure out a way to fix whatever's broken on this team - as they're clearly the most talented we've had in the last 4 years.

Sorry if I don't share in the circle jerk of absolutist negativity where we better win "or else" when we're not even 1/3 of the way through our coaches' contract.

By the negativity and "demands" of the collective few on here, some of you would've fired Dan Hurley before we made an NCAA tourney - so sorry if I don't take my thinking cues from the crowd with that kind of track record.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Correct.

I’m actually perplexed people are getting worked up right now. The Brown game was the funeral for the OOC, none of these games mean anything now. I commend any of you for caring enough to have your days ruined by this team, but a W or L post Brown until St Joes is meaningless.

Maybe Arch benching House will be a wake up call like what Hurley did in 2016.

All I know is the next couple games are pointless for anything except the players figuring out whatever it is they need to figure out.

If we play how we’ve played, we’re looking at a 6-12 conference campaign at best and if that’s the case, I’ll be ready to cut wrists.

I am holding out hope that something will click and this team will have a come to Jesus campaign.

And if not, it’s still year 2.

Disappointing for sure, but let’s not do that thing everyone did with hurley blaming him for Baron’s last couple years. Dave Cox’s stink is still on and around the program as seen by the apathy surrounding it. It didn’t happen overnight with Hurley, it won’t happen overnight here.

Godspeed to all of us, see you in 2024.
If the games are meaningless then why are we here and you soliciting donations for the archie fund? might as well cut the program and invest in something else.

I mean when the board tends to engage in groupthinking negativity, I usually wind up on the side of patience and wind up being right. So I'll trust my gut here.

To get to your points:

1) um. I'll always solicit donations and donate to our program because it's literally how we fell off the edge of a cliff 7 years ago by not having the ability to invest in our program to keep our head coach. That head coach who has turned into one of the best if not the best in college basketball. About 6 weeks before he launched this program into the stratosphere this board was collectively calling for his firing. There was an overwhelming minority of voices (mine and like 5 others) who said to be patient, but everyone called me a Hurley fanboy and that I didn't know what I was talking about by insinuating that the basketball season didn't end in February. Whatever your ridiculously premature takes are about the current headcoach, the program needs investments so that when we have the right staff/players, they don't immediately leave at their first opportunity.

2) the OOC games are factually meaningless right now. 2-0 or 0-2 will have zero bearing on this season being a success or not. We will not get an at large bid, so it's onto conference play and positioning ourselves for a double-bye in Brooklyn. How we finish in conference is going to be how this team is judged. I care more about the 18 games of meaningful basketball than getting worked up over 2 that will have zero bearing on whether or not this season is considered a success, or whether or not we make the NCAA tournament.

There's clearly something broken within this team right now. I am betting that the staff we have will figure out a way to fix whatever's broken on this team - as they're clearly the most talented we've had in the last 4 years.

Sorry if I don't share in the circle jerk of absolutist negativity where we better win "or else" when we're not even 1/3 of the way through our coaches' contract.

By the negativity and "demands" of the collective few on here, some of you would've fired Dan Hurley before we made an NCAA tourney - so sorry if I don't take my thinking cues from the crowd with that kind of track record.
word soup.

if the games are meaningless then I want my money back.
1 x
:lol:
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

To get to your points:

word soup.

I'm sorry if it's too many syllables for you to comprehend.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

To get to your points:

word soup.

nice. go right to the insults when someone pushes back on your meaningless game narrative.

I can play too. Fuck you.
1 x
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Zek and House (and Brown) have already shown what they bring to the table. Neither is a knock down scorer, rebounder, or defensive presence at our level of competition. They need to learn how and when to drive, pass, shoot, and defend to make themselves and the team better. They wanted to play at a higher level, so now they have to quickly learn how to develop their talents to help the team be successful at this level. I also believe that the addition of DG may make the other players better. I think our team could really use an upper-class role model that understands Archie's system and knows how to leave it all on the court. I don't see that any of our regulars (except maybe Bilau) really understand the effort, focus and constant motion needed for the team to be successful. We have some talented freshman that will develop over a few years, but our older players have to step up now! I think a leader on the floor would help. Hopefully DG will fill that role as well as add dependable scoring, rebounding and DEFENSE.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

The remaining 2 OOC games are not meaningless, we desperately need a couple of wins to avoid a further back slide. Gotta stop the hemorrhage. Additional losses matter. Additional thought, I wonder if Archie thinks these last 2 OOC games are meaningless.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

word soup.

nice. go right to the insults when someone pushes back on your meaningless game narrative.

I explained how the games are meaningless. You repeated yourself and complained that my writing was above your reading level.

My condolences.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

BMan, you’re one of my favorite posters. But this stance of OCC games being meaningless ever has me wondering if 72 has carried out a home invasion and is running your screen name.

If the RAMS loose these next two games the program will be a dumpster fire and Archie will start being compared to the likes of Gerry Duh. It’s extremely important to take these next two winnable games and have a lil momentum going into Conference play.

GO RHODY!
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Actually, these next 2 games are huge and anything but meaningless.
I am sure Archie also feels that way and he understands how crucial it is to get things turned around prior to conference play.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Actually, these next 2 games are huge and anything but meaningless.
I am sure Archie also feels that way and he understands how crucial it is to get things turned around prior to conference play.
Yes, exactly.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

I explained how the games are meaningless. You repeated yourself and complained that my writing was above your reading level.

My condolences.
you're a fucking loser.

you should remove the links from your signature. you're doing the program a disservice. there is not a chance in hell I would donate a thing to any cause being solicited by you.

keep up the good work, capt. dipshit.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Is this that hard a concept? We are the worst team in the A10 by a long shot right now. Winning or losing against teams who similarly suck in games that don’t count toward our conference record means the outcomes of these games literally don’t matter except for us to maybe regain some hope. It sucks, but that is literally where we are at right now. We suck
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago Is this that hard a concept? We are the worst team in the A10 by a long shot right now. Winning or losing against teams who similarly suck in games that don’t count toward our conference record means the outcomes of these games literally don’t matter except for us to maybe regain some hope. It sucks, but that is literally where we are at right now. We suck
Of course, we understand that.
But that isn't the point, it is important for this team and staff to get it together now and build some momentum, so come conference play we can put out a better product on the court.
Also, I don't feel it will help fan support if we lose these next 2 games against New Hampshire and Northeastern.
3 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago Is this that hard a concept? We are the worst team in the A10 by a long shot right now. Winning or losing against teams who similarly suck in games that don’t count toward our conference record means the outcomes of these games literally don’t matter except for us to maybe regain some hope. It sucks, but that is literally where we are at right now. We suck
such a loser mentality.

I can't relate.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago
Of course, we understand that.
But that isn't the point, it is important for this team and staff to get it together now and build some momentum, so come conference play we can put out a better product on the court.
Also, I don't feel it will help fan support if we lose these next 2 games against New Hampshire and Northeastern.

10000000% this.

Don’t see how people can’t understand that.
2 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

“You play to win the game”
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

It's contrary to what their eyes are seeing, 15. People believe what they see more than wishful thinking that this team is just going to wake up and put it together for the last two non con games.

What they SAW, was a team that came out, kept pace with Delaware for 15 mins, and then fell apart and looked completely lost out there. And a coach that looks equally lost. Has no answers as to how to put it right. And refuses to try anything new, other than what we saw last year, which is bench the occasional player (thereby indicating that it is somehow that player's fault that things are going the way they are).

I hope you are ultimately right, 15. But I wouldn't put money on it. Nothing would make me happier than you being "right" here. The fact that you are baffled by other people's reactions to the situation, is in itself, a bit baffling, however. What evidence do you have that they are going to win these next two other than some prognosticator says we have a 51% chance of winning on our own homecourt. Homecourt advantage has historically meant very little the last year and a half.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

jcru wrote: 4 months ago It's contrary to what their eyes are seeing, 15. People believe what they see more than wishful thinking that this team is just going to wake up and put it together for the last two non con games.

What they SAW, was a team that came out, kept pace with Delaware for 15 mins, and then fell apart and looked completely lost out there. And a coach that looks equally lost. Has no answers as to how to put it right. And refuses to try anything new, other than what we saw last year, which is bench the occasional player (thereby indicating that it is somehow that player's fault that things are going the way they are).

I hope you are ultimately right, 15. But I wouldn't put money on it. Nothing would make me happier than you being "right" here. The fact that you are baffled by other people's reactions to the situation, is in itself, a bit baffling, however. What evidence do you have that they are going to win these next two other than some prognosticator says we have a 51% chance of winning on our own homecourt. Homecourt advantage has historically meant very little the last year and a half.
you're making our point.

this is exactly why these games are far from meaningless.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

fair enough. I don't think they are meaningless. I think they are a little difficult to watch at times, like a car crash in slow motion, but not meaningless.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

My condolences.
you're a fucking loser.

you should remove the links from your signature. you're doing the program a disservice. there is not a chance in hell I would donate a thing to any cause being solicited by you.

Jesus you really take it to another level quick… relax…

Blueman bleeds Rhody blue and is one of our best fans. If more people donated and supported the programs as much as he does we’d be in a better place…
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Ya I definitely think these games matter. I understand what Blueman is saying but for the team to have any type of confidence we need some momentum heading into conference play. We lose these next two and the Ryan Center may go from 1000 fans to completely empty…
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

My condolences.
you're a fucking loser.

Jesus you really take it to another level quick… relax…

Blueman bleeds Rhody blue and is one of our best fans. If more people donated and supported the programs as much as he does we’d be in a better place…
attitude is everything.

his sucks.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

My condolences.
you're a fucking loser.

Your anger is misplaced. If you’d spent more time working on your reading comprehension, maybe you wouldn’t be as mad.

Good luck, as I’m concerned life is harder for you than it needs to be.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Let's not forget that we were without two starters for this game.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

brady1 wrote: 4 months ago BMan, you’re one of my favorite posters. But this stance of OCC games being meaningless ever has me wondering if 72 has carried out a home invasion and is running your screen name.

If the RAMS loose these next two games the program will be a dumpster fire and Archie will start being compared to the likes of Gerry Duh. It’s extremely important to take these next two winnable games and have a lil momentum going into Conference play.

GO RHODY!
I completely understand the point. And I don’t disagree to the extent that building confidence and momentum going into conference play matter.

I’m also not saying the OOC doesn’t matter. It 100% did. Until we lost our 3 chances at Q1 wins, and added in a Q4 loss. After Brown the at large chances were 100% gone, so we move on to conference play and playing for a double bye.

What I am saying is that if this team goes 12-6 in conference or better, and makes a run in Brooklyn, that no one else is going to look back at the OOC - specifically these last 2 games - and say “too bad we lost those, we’d have been a tourney team” or “thank God we won those, we’re going dancing.”

These games are “meaningless” in the sense that I’m trying to avoid collapsing in on myself like a dying star the way some people are melting down.

If the goal is truly NCAA or bust, than these games cannot possibly contribute or take away from that goal.

URI could go 18-0 in conference play, and still not get an at large due to the losses we’ve already accumulated. So why am I going to get worked up when our only path to the tournament is through an autobid.

So I’m going to not get too high or too low based on what happens in the next 2 games, because I know that it will not affect the actual goal of this season as it pertains to an NCAA bid.

Sorry that it has sent some people into padded rooms to say, but we aren’t an at-large team this year. The sooner everyone lowers their expectations in line with that reality, and remembers that no matter what our coach is getting paid - it’s not even the midpoint of year 2, so the absolutist demands of some on here are a bit unhinged.

With the history of this board clamoring for Hurley to be fired for a lot of the same reasons people are screaming about Archie, please excuse me while I exercise patience.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If it's true that Archie is clueless about fixing this, then we are truly screwed. I really hope that's not the case.

I mean there is some individual talent here. But teamwise it's as disjointed as it gets.

Some old folks might remember when Brenden Malone was coach here. He couldn't put it together at all...and after he left Penders took basically the same players and took us to the NCAA tourney the next 2 years.

So is it the coaching or the players? Where is the blame?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

brady1 wrote: 4 months ago BMan, you’re one of my favorite posters. But this stance of OCC games being meaningless ever has me wondering if 72 has carried out a home invasion and is running your screen name.

GO RHODY!
I completely understand the point. And I don’t disagree to the extent that building confidence and momentum going into conference play matter.

I’m also not saying the OOC doesn’t matter. It 100% did. Until we lost our 3 chances at Q1 wins, and added in a Q4 loss. After Brown the at large chances were 100% gone, so we move on to conference play and playing for a double bye.

What I am saying is that if this team goes 12-6 in conference or better, and makes a run in Brooklyn, that no one else is going to look back at the OOC - specifically these last 2 games - and say “too bad we lost those, we’d have been a tourney team” or “thank God we won those, we’re going dancing.”

These games are “meaningless” in the sense that I’m trying to avoid collapsing in on myself like a dying star the way some people are melting down.

If the goal is truly NCAA or bust, than these games cannot possibly contribute or take away from that goal.

URI could go 18-0 in conference play, and still not get an at large due to the losses we’ve already accumulated. So why am I going to get worked up when our only path to the tournament is through an autobid.

So I’m going to not get too high or too low based on what happens in the next 2 games, because I know that it will not affect the actual goal of this season as it pertains to an NCAA bid.

Sorry that it has sent some people into padded rooms to say, but we aren’t an at-large team this year. The sooner everyone lowers their expectations in line with that reality, and remembers that no matter what our coach is getting paid - it’s not even the midpoint of year 2, so the absolutist demands of some on here are a bit unhinged.

With the history of this board clamoring for Hurley to be fired for a lot of the same reasons people are screaming about Archie, please excuse me while I exercise patience.
TL;DR for our simpler friends who can’t read good or do other stuff good too:

I’ve accepted that we aren’t an NCAA team, so I don’t get mad when we don’t win out of conference games.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL