'23 PG Cam Estevez (URI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: '23 PG Cam Estevez (URI)

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 11 months ago Cam comes in at #14 for top 2023 recruits from New England. Highest ranked of any kids coming into the A10. Only P6 kids ahead of him.

Great find, Bar.

Wait, Uh ohh...Cam is ranked higher than Duane Thompson? That's not good for the people on here that were complaining about our staff after Thompson committed to Bonnies recently... Maybe Archie can win some recruiting battles and can recruit some legit talent?

I've been saying it for months. Cam is a stud.
Duane Thompson was Class of 2024. He is ranked #10 New England in that Class of 2024.
Thompson Reclassified to the Class of 2023 and recently committed to St Bonaventure.
He then got Ranked #15 in class of 2023. Thompson is listed now in both classes 2024 #10 and 2023 #15 fwiw.

Estevez has been Ranked #10 until this latest Ranking came out and he fell to #14 fwiw.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago Estevez is ranked ONE spot higher than Thompson. A complete toss up. Let's not act like he's 50 spots higher and there's a crazy big gap between the two.

Wait and see approach with these kids...rankings, especially niche ones like NERR, have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I would quote the person who brought up the rankings between the two players, but I was told to leave him alone and I don't want to hurt his feelings.
15, I don't think Stevey was saying there was a big talent gap between Cam and Thompson.
Just that Cam also deserves recognition as being a recruit with plenty of talent and upside as well.
I am also high on Cam, and I feel he can become an impact player and major contributor to this program.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 11 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago Estevez is ranked ONE spot higher than Thompson. A complete toss up. Let's not act like he's 50 spots higher and there's a crazy big gap between the two.

Wait and see approach with these kids...rankings, especially niche ones like NERR, have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I would quote the person who brought up the rankings between the two players, but I was told to leave him alone and I don't want to hurt his feelings.
15, I don't think Stevey was saying there was a big talent gap between Cam and Thompson.
Just that Cam also deserves recognition as being a recruit with plenty of talent and upside as well.
I am also high on Cam, and I feel he can become an impact player and major contributor to this program.
Time will tell, it's just tough to get invested in recruits (me personally) with the constant turnover and transfer portal.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago

Time will tell, it's just tough to get invested in recruits (me personally) with the constant turnover and transfer portal.
As fans, all we have is hope, especially after the last 3 disappointing seasons.
As a program between the new practice facility and heavily investing in our staff, we need to starting expecting positive results.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Same here, Jersey. That’s what I took from Stevey’s comment in context. Additionally, I also think Cam has the potential to be an impact player for us once he adjusts to the speed and agility of the college game.

Hopefully, the adjustment comes sooner rather than later.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago

Same here, Jersey. That’s what I took from Stevey’s comment in context. Additionally, I also think Cam has the potential to be an impact player for us once he adjusts to the speed and agility of the college game.

Hopefully, the adjustment comes sooner rather than later.
Yup, that's exactly what I meant Jersey and JD. I think Cam and Thompson are both good players. We'll see who ends up having a better career. Hopefully, Cam is the player a lot of us think he can be and he sticks around.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: '23 NJ PG Cam Estevez (Offer)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I’m completely guessing but If we are landing another point guard that gets me worried about Ant Harris. We haven’t seen him at one practice.
This....has aged quite well...
Can you be prescient of something that never happens..?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It seems like the staff has high expectations for Cam. Looking forward to seeing him play.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

CamsRams wrote: 11 months ago
Nice , so is most of the team on campus now getting to play together ??
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

reef wrote: 11 months ago
I don't know if they're all here yet, but some of them must be if they're doing this tomorrow.

DUNKIN' ICED COFFEE DAY IS TOMORROW!
Dunkin' will donate $1 from every Iced Coffee sold (at all participating Dunkin' locations) tomorrow to Hasbro Children's Hospital!

Coach Archie Miller & The Rhode Island Men's Basketball Team will be at the
North Kingstown Dunkin' (Ten Rod Road) from 1:30-3pm to meet fans and give away some Rhody swag!

Come meet coach and the team, buy Iced Coffee, and help bring JOY to kids in need
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 11 months ago
reef wrote: 11 months ago
I don't know if they're all here yet, but some of them must be if they're doing this tomorrow.

DUNKIN' ICED COFFEE DAY IS TOMORROW!
Dunkin' will donate $1 from every Iced Coffee sold (at all participating Dunkin' locations) tomorrow to Hasbro Children's Hospital!

Coach Archie Miller & The Rhode Island Men's Basketball Team will be at the
North Kingstown Dunkin' (Ten Rod Road) from 1:30-3pm to meet fans and give away some Rhody swag!

Come meet coach and the team, buy Iced Coffee, and help bring JOY to kids in need
Cool if anyone has any pics or videos from that event please post here
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

5 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Cam won A10 Rookie of the Week. Let's go Cam!!!
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING