12/6 | Brown | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/6 | Brown | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago
ram1980 wrote: 4 months ago We left early. We never leave early. This one is on the coach. This team gave zero effort tonight. Archie was even pouting on the bench for awhile . No adjustments at least when we left with 1:50 to go. I've seen enough of always Wright. Give Estevez some playing time. Can't believe we are potentially heading for another crappy year.
Yup. Terrible. Embarrassing. Shit rotations.

Fuchs is a piece of shit on the defensive end. Why did he play so much? Every time he came in the game the brown lead increased.

Weston sat for 25 minutes only to come back in on crunch time? Cold? Poor coaching.

Very tight rotation throughout the game when NO ONE was playing well. Reminiscent of the Fordham game under Hurley except Hurley pulled everyone and taught his team a lesson. Archie just watched us play like shit.

This was on the coach. This is our Q4 loss, the end of any shred of any at large hope, and the end of competitive basketball that means anything until we get to Brooklyn.

Fuck everything. We fucking suck.
Good summary Blue , pathetic !
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The worst part about it is that I am struggling to find confidence in Archie now.

We will lose out in our non-conference if we play like that.

I'm afraid the way the roster is comprised doesn't bode well for the future. We are just so clunky on offense. Just not explosive at all and our defense puts no pressure on ball handlers. You should be able to impose your will on them. This game was the basketball equivalent of running the ball up the middle and settling for FG's.
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago Have to say, for a good part of the game...Fuchs was Rhody's best player.
If that's true, based on what I was watching that's a pretty pathetic statement. Suck all the way around.

Archie said in his presser this was probably the worst defensive effort of any team he has ever coached. Unreal.

15-31 from the line, terrible from 3. Low effort, poor rotation. I hope Cat and ARD left early so they didn't have to see the second half. It was great to see them honored they all look great. Wheeler with his daughter's portrait pinned to his lapel put a lump in my throat, can't imagine...

Not sure what else there is to say...one game at a time I guess but this one really hurts.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Also, the two bigs in the game DOESNT WORK

How many times have we had entry passes intercepted!? Why is that the focal point of the offense? With unathletic Fuchs, unskilled Brown and inexperienced Foumena it's a disaster. We force those passes way too often.

Start Bilau and play his ass with four guards as much as possible.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago Through 39 games of the Archie era, color me completely unimpressed.

F is my grade.

Better schedule JWU, Salve , RIC AND Roger Williams next year.

We are not winning out this year.

And we are not beating PC for the foreseeable future.
This team is better than last years for sure, but we seem to be on a course just having to win the A-10 one year and getting the automatic bid as our course of ever making the tourney again. You are fair in giving Archie an F so far. I mean what accomplishments has he had with this team? Comeback win over an average Yale team at home might be his highlight so far. Also I think we have to realize that Weston just isn’t that great a player. It doesn’t seem like he cares enough to bring his game to another level. Hopefully they can get a better understanding of what players will be part of the rotation next year with the remaining games. Very discouraging
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Obadiah wrote: 4 months ago Big question: is the team we saw on the floor tonight the fourteenth worst team in the A-10 or the worst team?
It’s hard to say right now because conference season hasn’t started but it could be on the table , no identity on this team you can tell they are all new to each other
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I’m not gonna overreact because this team went toe to toe at the dunk for a while and beat Yale. Disgusting game but move on.
1 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We are seriously overrated talent wise. It's becoming more obvious game by game.

Archie has recruited guys who were poor FT shooters before they came here, and have shown zero improvement since.

Those of us who remember Archie from his Dayton years have to wonder what has happened since.

I gave him a pass for last years recruits, for obvious reasons. Not so much this year.

Is there still reason for hope? The college BB landscape has changed, and left us behind.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Does Cam and Weston suck that bad to where Always gets more run I’m sorry I was totally confused why we’re playing w him and Luis they exposed ways constantly, and we’re back to last year where we were playing 4 v 5 on offense

Fuchs was alright on the offensive side, ball watching a bit too much on the defensive side played meh imho

Is Foumena scared shitless of using his left and why does he keep settling for threes

Bilau playing only 5 minutes in the second half??? Wtf

Also why is Tyson getting out in the dog house, his first half turnover is understandable

Todays rotation just made no sense I don’t even understand
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago I’m not gonna overreact because this team went toe to toe at the dunk for a while and beat Yale. Disgusting game but move on.
Yale is not a good team! They lost to an awful Fairfield team at home tonight. We have to get this out of our heads. I don’t think they are the worst team in the A-10 and can probably still finish in the 8-9 area, but what is the difference of finishing 3rd or 12th in the A-10 at this point? Not only does URI seemed cooked, but the whole league
1 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months ago give me a whistle

I’ll coach this team

I would have pulled the starters inside 5 mins of the 1st half to send a message
They’d probably all enter the portal at halftime if you did that
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 4 months ago Much different energy playing in a sold-out AMP on Saturday vs. a 3,000 fan Ryan Center tonight.
Yeah well you have to give the fans something to cheer for or else they aren’t coming
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Worst part of the night for me was in the post game, in an answer to the question of why not press/press earlier. Archie flat out said, “we don’t do that here…..” To me that means not even teaching it and going to press when behind and/or need to change tempo. For me at this D1 level sticking to your bread and butter defense when a change is needed to disrupt and maybe get a turnover or two. Not having that at all in the tool box is troublesome for me. Very disappointing approach to game situational basketball. Have at it.
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Again I don’t get the Fuchs hate. So many other places to point it.

It starts with Wright playing 15 minutes and Bilau 18.
Bilau needs to start tomorrow. And Archie needs to bring in Dan to teach these guys about being dogs and taking pride on the defensive end.
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

OMG, a Rambone sighting!
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Offensively they looked scared to get downhill all night, it was bizarre, just terrible spacing

Defensively they fucking sucked and are probably lucky brown didn’t hit half of the wide open threes they missed. Just terrible defense and effort
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

And people here saying Always was better than Kortright and comparing Always to fucking LaMelo Ball. Also people saying House was better than Leggett. Lol.

And let’s be real, there was NEVER at large hopes before this game. None. Zero.

Also I don’t care if we win 9 straight starting Sunday, nobody should talk about this team going anywhere this season.

Just not there yet.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

ram1980 wrote: 4 months ago Archie just said in presser, we don't press. That's not what we do. The inflexibility of his philosophy is concerning.
Yep this X 1,000.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 4 months ago David Fuchs plays like Ifeanyi Onyekaba.
I tried spellchecking that name and my phone exploded.
4 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

yikes...
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

They better get things cleaned up fast, the next 2 games will be even more of a challenge.
Last edited by Jersey77 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago We are seriously overrated talent wise. It's becoming more obvious game by game.
The only people who have overrated our talent are the ones on this board who wave their pompoms at every player signed. Everyone without Rhody blinders on, knew we wouldn’t be a good team. I remember how Cam and Dubsky were gonna be important rotation pieces from day one and wouldn’t take long to be in the starting lineup. And anyone who dares to say anything negative is absolutely torn apart on the board.

I read the board consistently but post rarely as I see how sensitive people can get over others’ opinions. I think I might read it just for the ridiculously delusional takes. I know that’s what fans do, but some dose of reality would be helpful. There was even talk about how we could get an at-large bid!! We’ve become so bad that my friends (fans of other teams) no longer give me crap about Rhody bball because it’s like beating a dead horse.
4 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Why was House on the court with 4 fouls under 10 seconds left and we have a dead ball while going on defense? Why not put someone else in to foul then bring him back for the last 5 seconds. He should not have been allowed to commit that 5th foul. That’s bad coaching.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody22 wrote: 4 months ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 months ago We are seriously overrated talent wise. It's becoming more obvious game by game.
The only people who have overrated our talent are the ones on this board who wave their pompoms at every player signed. Everyone without Rhody blinders on, knew we wouldn’t be a good team. I remember how Cam and Dubsky were gonna be important rotation pieces from day one and wouldn’t take long to be in the starting lineup. And anyone who dares to say anything negative is absolutely torn apart on the board.

I read the board consistently but post rarely as I see how sensitive people can get over others’ opinions. I think I might read it just for the ridiculously delusional takes. I know that’s what fans do, but some dose of reality would be helpful. There was even talk about how we could get an at-large bid!! We’ve become so bad that my friends (fans of other teams) no longer give me crap about Rhody bball because it’s like beating a dead horse.
Agree completely. PC fans don’t even bother to say anything to me after a URI loss now. It is expected. The lofty goals for us are now .500 or to finish the upper half of the A-10
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Where has Zek gone?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Over the years, many years there have been coaches; Knight with Ball-U-Man defense, Boheim with 2-3 zone that is the only defense taught. The results speak for the themselves. However Archie lacks the street cred and results to be arrogant enough to say, regarding the press, “we don’t do that here…..”. Archie Miller is not that level of coach to take that approach.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 months ago
Fuchs is 17X the player Onyekaba was. And Harris. And Akele.

Better than all of them.

He wasn’t the problem tonight whatsoever.

He was obviously overhyped preseason, but he wasn’t the problem tonight.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’ve said this same thing for years and get shit on lol nice to see other people have the same opinion.
1 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Cannot expect to win D1 basketball games shooting 15-31 foul shots.

Lilly best player in the gym and it’s not even close. How can he possibly be allowed to get the ball multiple times in the last minute? Inexcusable period.

Terrible performance on what should have been a perfect night.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago

Better than all of them.

Onyekaba vs. Maine in 2013 was one of the greatest players I’ve ever seen. https://gorhody.com/news/2013/11/8/11_8_2013_2996.aspx
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rammgr wrote: 4 months ago Why was House on the court with 4 fouls under 10 seconds left and we have a dead ball while going on defense? Why not put someone else in to foul then bring him back for the last 5 seconds. He should not have been allowed to commit that 5th foul. That’s bad coaching.
Is it that big of a deal? Maybe it is, but if you're at all playing for a steal*, and you get one, you want him on the floor?

*Re: "playing for a steal"...Not sure if that falls under the We Don't Do That Here Act or not....
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 4 months ago

Better than all of them.

Onyekaba vs. Maine in 2013 was one of the greatest players I’ve ever seen. https://gorhody.com/news/2013/11/8/11_8_2013_2996.aspx
Yes I remember that game, but did less than nothing from there on.

Fuchs has at least produced on the court.

Again, not a world beater, but he’s serviceable.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Archie: I’m not sure how long it’ll take for us to be good, but when we are…we’re gonna be REALLY good.

Ok ok, but do you think you will ever beat Brown?
Like before 2030?

Nevermind PC, I can wait as long as you want to beat them again…
But do you think maybe by your 8th recruiting class you’ll be able to beat Brown?

Asking for a friend.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Brown showed energy and a tenacious defense that often had three men on a Rhody ball handler. This combined with the Rams' poor ball handling helped Brown disrupt our offense as seen by their greater number steals and URI's higher turnovers. But make no mistake, we lost this game at the free line by essentially converting scoring opportunities into turnovers. This team is now not mentally prepared to do battle with Charleston. Did I mention that our defense sucks.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

A couple of comments and one question. Bilau seemed to be having quite a bit of discomfort with his knee when he was sitting on the bench in the 2nd half. I think that's why he didn't play much in the 2nd half. He had it wrapped and was grimacing.I hope it's not acting up again. It sucks driving home after a game like this. I'm thinking to myself, I drove all this way for this (and it's only 25 miles). And my question is....Is throwing a bowling ball onto a basketball court good for the court? Just wondering.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 4 months ago

Better than all of them.

That's it. He had one good game as a sophomore. He never scored in double figures again. Fuchs had 11 and 8, and somehow, people are still blaming a freshman big man. I personally have more expectations of guys like Zek, Luis, and House. Proven D1 players.. Oh, and our head coach who was supposed to be a huge get for our program..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago A couple of comments and one question. Bilau seemed to be having quite a bit of discomfort with his knee when he was sitting on the bench in the 2nd half. I think that's why he didn't play much in the 2nd half. He had it wrapped and was grimacing.I hope it's not acting up again. It sucks driving home after a game like this. I'm thinking to myself, I drove all this way for this (and it's only 25 miles). And my question is....Is throwing a bowling ball onto a basketball court good for the court? Just wondering.
My daughter noticed the same with Bilau on the bench, putting on / adjusting the brace.

Also, I'm pretty sure that "bowling ball" was not a real one, it looked like it was rolling as if filled with air, like a rubber ball.
Last edited by RI_Bred 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Maybe we could qualify for an NCAA bowling tournament if we remade the RC.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I dislike having to discuss missed FTs. Again. 🤦🏼‍♀️
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago A couple of comments and one question. Bilau seemed to be having quite a bit of discomfort with his knee when he was sitting on the bench in the 2nd half. I think that's why he didn't play much in the 2nd half. He had it wrapped and was grimacing.I hope it's not acting up again. It sucks driving home after a game like this. I'm thinking to myself, I drove all this way for this (and it's only 25 miles). And my question is....Is throwing a bowling ball onto a basketball court good for the court? Just wondering.
I have a similar concern about the bowling ball. Hopefully nobody lobs one.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamStock wrote: 4 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago I’m not gonna overreact because this team went toe to toe at the dunk for a while and beat Yale. Disgusting game but move on.
Yale is not a good team! They lost to an awful Fairfield team at home tonight. We have to get this out of our heads. I don’t think they are the worst team in the A-10 and can probably still finish in the 8-9 area, but what is the difference of finishing 3rd or 12th in the A-10 at this point? Not only does URI seemed cooked, but the whole league
Yale was favored by 16.5 points playing Fairfield on their home court and lost by 4 for a mediocre Fairfield team. Yale falls to 5-5.
0 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
Rammgr wrote: 4 months ago Why was House on the court with 4 fouls under 10 seconds left and we have a dead ball while going on defense? Why not put someone else in to foul then bring him back for the last 5 seconds. He should not have been allowed to commit that 5th foul. That’s bad coaching.
Is it that big of a deal? Maybe it is, but if you're at all playing for a steal*, and you get one, you want him on the floor?

*Re: "playing for a steal"...Not sure if that falls under the We Don't Do That Here Act or not....
Not playing for a steal there with only 7 seconds left. They were fouling immediately . By letting him foil you didn’t have him on the floor for the last shot.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Obadiah wrote: 4 months ago Brown showed energy and a tenacious defense that often had three men on a Rhody ball handler. This combined with the Rams' poor ball handling helped Brown disrupt our offense as seen by their greater number steals and URI's higher turnovers. But make no mistake, we lost this game at the free line by essentially converting scoring opportunities into turnovers. This team is now not mentally prepared to do battle with Charleston. Did I mention that our defense sucks.
Yeah can't underestimate how missing all of those free throws gets in their heads and effects other aspects of the game.

So ridiculous that we follow up our best FT season in about 50 years with the worst FT shooting team we've maybe ever had.

48%

Brown only shot 60%, if we at least did that we score six more points. It's so deflating.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I knew Connor wasn't going to play this year as he's not remotely ready, but I'm totally confused about why Cam doesn't get more minutes. He was one of the best players on the floor against a high major in Northwestern and seemed to be taking a turn. However, his playing time has been inconsistent: 30 minutes in one game, followed by 18, then 11, 9, and tonight, a mere 7 minutes. How is he supposed to establish any rhythm under these circumstances? It's not like people were playing well. Why can't he see the floor? I understood why Cam didn't play much against PC, as he looked petrified, but it makes no sense why Always received more minutes tonight when he's nowhere near the caliber of player Cam is. Always shouldn't even be part of the rotation, let alone getting more minutes than a player like Cam. Zek has been awful the last two games why not try and play one of the only offensive threats you have! Cam will be a good D1 player, but it likely won't be at URI.

And if you think our fans are the only ones who overrated our players, you clearly didn't read what our coach said about these players. He said Fuchs was one of the best freshmen in the country. He was super high on Luis, House, Zek, Brown etc...

Our head coaches rotations have absolutely sucked in multiple games this year. Bilau should be playing more. Weston should be playing more. Cam should be playing more. Why do we keep playing two bigs?!. The best we looked all year was when we went smaller! The most energy and excitement we had was when we went smaller! But nah, screw it. Let's play two slower bigs and force-feed a freshman. Heck of a coaching decision. Our team looks like they don't give a shit half the time, and we dig ourselves in holes. Oh and Blueram I was 100% wrong...Yale sucks. I thought they would have a good team this year. They don't. They suck, and we have zero good wins this year. We have beaten scrubs and have random good moments against good teams mixed in with some of the most uninspiring worst basketball I've seen in a Rhody uniform. That includes Cox.

I was genuinely thrilled when we acquired Archie. I had immense confidence in his abilities. I anticipated he would recruit outstanding players and, most importantly, put those players in the best place to succeed...But reality hasn't matched those expectations.. I gave him a pass last year. I heard all offseason from people very close to this team how much better we would be and how good our new players would be. It's disappointing because I truly believe we have talented players this season compared to last year. Yet, what's lacking is a team that seems effectively coached.

What I see is a team that is asleep for long stretches. Defensively, we often seem lost and stubbornly stick to strategies that aren't effective. Rotations suck. You don't press? Is that a fucking joke? Our free-throw shooting is abysmal, and we frequently get outcoached and outmaneuvered. This isn't what I envisioned under Archie Miller. Similar complaints arose among Indiana fans, which I chose to overlook. There were murmurs about his coaching from other sources, too, but I turned a blind eye. I was wrong.

This is the first time since we hired Archie that I'm seriously worried about the future of this program. What's the answer? A small point guard in Hammond? Cam Fuchs and Foumena will develop? Even if they do and stay, it doesn't matter if our coach can't figure out how to get the best out of his players...

Sorry for the rant...I'm clearly very emotional after a bad loss, so I'm probably overreacting, but this sucks. The bottom line is I'm done blindly believing in Archie, and I need to see some results moving forward.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I read the board consistently but post rarely as I see how sensitive people can get over others’ opinions. I think I might read it just for the ridiculously delusional takes. I know that’s what fans do, but some dose of reality would be helpful. There was even talk about how we could get an at-large bid!! We’ve become so bad that my friends (fans of other teamsp) no longer give me crap about Rhody bball because it’s like beating a dead horse.
Wtf are you even talking about? There are no opinions that don't go unpunished on keaneyblue.com

Like yours...RIGHT NOW

Some dose of reality would be helpful" you mean like when half the posters here only shit on or critique every little thing anyone says?

Perhaps you are delusional? Did I miss where these players and this team was overhyped in the offseason? There was ZERO hype whatsoever. This place was a ghost town. Is finding good things to say about players delusional? Who has declared that we would be an at large team? Blue Man said we could if we beat PC...that's delusional? Why? If we upset them we would have been in the discussion for that. Do you have the slightest idea how many upsets there are in college basketball? At the time that wasn't delusional, it was in the realm of possibility. There have been several bigger upsets already this year. Absolutely no one saw us totally shitting the damn bed against Brown so it's ridiculous to retroactively chastise people for getting their hopes up at anything.

How about this

Any good thing that's happened this season is a facade. We are terrible, Archie is terrible, we are doomed, we won't get better...5-23 (0-18) is our destiny. Ben Hammond and Tyrone Farrell are also TERRIBLE. No season to expect anything out of them!

Not delusional at all!^
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

JFrech21 wrote: 4 months ago
ram1980 wrote: 4 months ago We left early. We never leave early. This one is on the coach. This team gave zero effort tonight. Archie was even pouting on the bench for awhile . No adjustments at least when we left with 1:50 to go. I've seen enough of always Wright. Give Estevez some playing time. Can't believe we are potentially heading for another crappy year.

Fuchs is a piece of shit on the defensive end. Why did he play so much? Every time he came in the game the brown lead increased.

Weston sat for 25 minutes only to come back in on crunch time? Cold? Poor coaching.

Very tight rotation throughout the game when NO ONE was playing well. Reminiscent of the Fordham game under Hurley except Hurley pulled everyone and taught his team a lesson. Archie just watched us play like shit.

This was on the coach. This is our Q4 loss, the end of any shred of any at large hope, and the end of competitive basketball that means anything until we get to Brooklyn.

The fact that your first comment was about Fuchs is telling. He played well tonight.

Weston stinks. Does nothing.

Uninspired basketball all night from the while team.
Telling that I can watch a basketball game and tell you who gets beat by being slow or lazy? Do you have the ability to watch a game and know what you’re seeing or do you just look at the stat line that says points?

If you were 6’9 and just camped under the hoop you’d eventually make some layups. I hope you wouldn’t miss 30% of them.

Fuchs had 2 fouls called on Zek and Brown because he was slow and got beat or missed his assignment and then made contact but the fouls were attributed elsewhere.

If Fuchs was so good, why was it every time he came in the game and played the 4 the brown lead went from 5 or 6 to 10 or 11? And then when he came out why did the lead get chipped away again?

If Weston is so bad why did Archie exclusively play him in the final 1:30 of the game when we actually made it a game? Because make no mistake we played with more energy with him in at the end than we did the rest of the game.

Weston was ice cold because his coach sat him for about 25 minutes of game time and about 50 mins of real time. Do you know how out of rhythm that would make anyone?

Do you sincerely believe Fuchs is our best or 2nd best big? Because he got the majority of minutes tonight in the front court.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m also concerned about Arch , the rotations seem to be out of whack and the team looks uninspired

Hopefully he can start to find the right answers cuz this doesn’t look good right about now !
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The fact that your first comment was about Fuchs is telling. He played well tonight.
There is plenty of fault to find with this loss but to start your blame with Fuchs?
He played 25 minutes, was visibly not happy when he came out once
11 points, 8 rebounds - 4 offensive boards. Fuchs was 2nd highest on team in points to House with 16 and 2nd highest in rebounds to Bilau with 9.
3-6 FG
5-6 FT to lead the team. Take away Fuchs 5-6 and rest of team was 10-25 = 40%
Drew a game hi 6 Fouls tying with Brown’s Lilly
2 assists
1 steal
0 Turnovers - the only starter with zero TOs

Compare Fuch’s performance to Brown - 16 minutes, Foumena - 13 minutes and Bilau 19 minutes.

As for Weston playing only 6 minutes. One time our shot clock went off. We exceeded the 35 seconds. Weston looked confused and seemed incredulous as to the Ref’s call. It was obvious the ball didn’t hit the rim. Nobody on the floor seemed confused at all except for Weston. I wondered if he even knew the shot clock was about to expire. Weston often exerts effort blaming refs and letting that take away from his on court performance. At the last minute of the game Archie put Weston in. Weston’s body language looked bad that last minute. Not a good look for a coach to see.
Weston never started a game last season and has not started this year either under Miller. His body language at times probably hurts his playing time and potential to start a game more than his actual performance.

Brown moved the ball much better than we did. Rarely did we make a pass without dribbling first. This team needs a good point guard, a leader of the offense, a coach on the floor.

IMG_1385.png
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 4 months ago

There is plenty of fault to find with this loss but to start your blame with Fuchs?
He played 25 minutes, was visibly not happy when he came out once
11 points, 8 rebounds - 4 offensive boards. Fuchs was 2nd highest on team in points to House with 16 and 2nd highest in rebounds to Bilau with 9.
3-6 FG
5-6 FT to lead the team. Take away Fuchs 5-6 and rest of team was 10-25 = 40%
Drew a game hi 6 Fouls tying with Brown’s Lilly
2 assists
1 steal
0 Turnovers - the only starter with zero TOs

Compare Fuch’s performance to Brown - 16 minutes, Foumena - 13 minutes and Bilau 19 minutes.

As for Weston playing only 6 minutes. One time our shot clock went off. We exceeded the 35 seconds. Weston looked confused and seemed incredulous as to the Ref’s call. It was obvious the ball didn’t hit the rim. Nobody on the floor seemed confused at all except for Weston. I wondered if he even knew the shot clock was about to expire. Weston often exerts effort blaming refs and letting that take away from his on court performance. At the last minute of the game Archie put Weston in. Weston’s body language looked bad that last minute. Not a good look for a coach to see.
Weston never started a game last season and has not started this year either under Miller. His body language at times probably hurts his playing time and potential to start a game more than his actual performance.

Brown moved the ball much better than we did. Rarely did we make a pass without dribbling first. This team needs a good point guard, a leader of the offense, a coach on the floor.

IMG_1385.png
Yeah I don’t have a problem with Fuchs , he looks to be the second best big behind Bilau right now and he’s not the reason we are losing right now

We just aren’t very good right now playing and coaching I thought it would look better
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Items from the night

Brown Coaches all in business attire with Ties
Out staff in sweats
Couldn’t help but think maybe we should have had the formal attire considering the Recognition event

Quite a few people left with 5,4 and 3 minutes left. They missed the nice comeback by URI

One long term fan could be overheard saying “I’ve had enough of this” as he climbed the stairs to exit

Overheard going to the parking lot “we are getting worse since the start of the season, not better”

Good enthusiasm from student section

Overheard the last couple minutes of the game “now we show a sense of urgency!” Couldn’t help but think if we pressed and gave the effort we did the last 1-2 minutes of the game that things could have been different as to the outcome.
1 x