12/2 | Providence | 7:30PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 12/2 | Providence | 7:30PM (FS1)

Unread post by bigappleram »

woodennickel1 wrote: 4 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 months ago

Agreed, in past years they probably would have been gone but with nil now alot more players sticking around. If I had to guess I think they will be back. Of course grad transfer also may be on the table but I would be surprised if they wanted to play for what would be their fourth coach in four years.
If I were a betting man I’d bet Carter goes (and gets drafted) bc of his 3 and D potential. Hopkins 50/50.
Yeah I think you may be right about Carter. Would be surprised to not see him on an NBA bench next year.
Ya gotta go when your stock is highest and based on how he’s performing thus far I don’t see what another year in college does. He’s already regarded as an elite defender with an improving 3 pt shot. Someone is drafting that for sure.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If I were a betting man I’d bet Carter goes (and gets drafted) bc of his 3 and D potential. Hopkins 50/50.
Yeah I think you may be right about Carter. Would be surprised to not see him on an NBA bench next year.
Ya gotta go when your stock is highest and based on how he’s performing thus far I don’t see what another year in college does. He’s already regarded as an elite defender with an improving 3 pt shot. Someone is drafting that for sure.
Carter is starting off the year amazingly.
5 Blocked Shots vs Oklahoma last night.
Shooting the 3 Ball, Tremendous defense, good speed, very athletic. Good work himself up into the 1st round

Carter was tough against URI
7-12 FG, 3-5 3P, 0-1 FT for 17 points
11 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
2 blocks
2 TOs

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 months ago Something happen between House and Fuchs??
Interesting that Archie had Fuchs and House do the Media Interview together

Felt kind of awkward watching the interaction between the two. Love how Archie put them out there together. Archie is a great leader.

Interesting how most all thought there would be a lineup change prior to the PC game but Archie kept the same lineup. We played quite well and stayed with PC in the first half.

Would be nice for these media presentations if we could better hear the questions being asked. Can hear Fuchs and House very well, just the media representatives often difficult to make out the questions and comments.

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Hopkins looks like he regressed but it’s still early
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago PC is good right now. Hopkins and Carter sway things in their favor versus us for the time being.
Well Oklahoma spanked them

Unfortunate for the PC fans that thought they were top 15
I know. I said they were good but not ranked good. ;)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

The PC game was very similar to ours. Even game most of the way, then Oklahoma took over late. It was closer than the score, in my opinion. I think PC could make some noise in the NCAA tournament. I hope I'm wrong.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
SandorClegane wrote: 4 months ago Something happen between House and Fuchs??
Interesting that Archie had Fuchs and House do the Media Interview together

Felt kind of awkward watching the interaction between the two. Love how Archie put them out there together. Archie is a great leader.

Interesting how most all thought there would be a lineup change prior to the PC game but Archie kept the same lineup. We played quite well and stayed with PC in the first half.

Would be nice for these media presentations if we could better hear the questions being asked. Can hear Fuchs and House very well, just the media representatives often difficult to make out the questions and comments.

I noticed the same thing Ramster about not hearing the questions asked ! How about passing a microphone around ?
0 x