Conference Realignment

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Re: Conference Realignment

Unread post by NHRamFan »

In other news, Chicago State (currently playing an independent schedule) is rumored to be joining the NEC. A weak conference gets weaker, with the added bonus of absurd P4 level travel needs. There's a signpost up ahead. Next stop: The Twilight Zone.
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The collective pay fund for athletes in this top tier could possibly be a MINIMUM $6M per a source I came across. It however appears to have no maximum ceiling.
Last edited by RF1 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Steve81 wrote: 4 months ago Lots of smoke regarding UMass to CUSA for 2025-26.
Matt Brown
Here's what I'm hearing about UMass potentially joining CUSA, what might happen with the CAA post-Delaware Departure, and more.

My recommendation is that UMass fans do not panic this month if they don't see any press releases:
https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/im-hear ... -umass-caa
Let’s talk about UMass
It makes perfect sense for fan speculation to immediately turn to UMass. The Minutemen are a bus ride away from Delaware, share meaningful FCS football history, and are similar institutions (academically selective, state flagships, etc). The UMass athletic administration has also been clear that the school does not want to be an FBS independent long-term, and views securing a conference invite to be critically important.

Multiple industry sources have told me that during their conversations with Conference USA, Delaware indicated that they would be very happy about UMass potentially joining the conference, although Delaware’s invite and interest in CUSA were in no way dependent on anything happening one way or another in Amherst. I’m also told that UMass would be receptive to continued conversations with CUSA.

But is anything imminent? Is anything going to be announced this calendar year?

I’m told….no. And here’s why.

Real quick, even though I’m turning on the paywall below, let me just offer this for any UMass fan readers. Do not panic. Enjoy your holiday season. I am not trying to play with your emotions. Again, do not panic. What is below this paywall fold is not bad news. It is just regular ol’ news.
81, From a football perspective - with Delaware going already - this appears to be a good move, considering the other likely option being the MAC. I don’t think UMass has much in common with MAC schools but does have common ground with Delaware.

It will be interesting how travel is managed however, for the non-football/basketball sports. That is a key to things working for the best.

From a basketball perspective, it doesn’t appear to be good as of today but could be good five years from now as I think the programs have some basketball upside.

I am sure the basketball series with us will continue so I am still looking forward to playing and beating your basketball team in the future. :D
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI already has a rotating home and home series with both PC and Brown. It makes sense for in state local rivals. Do we want another such annual series reducing our OOC games and mandating three true away games every two years? For perspective, Rhody has only scheduled two real road games the past two OOC seasons. If that practice were to continue, it would mean only one other road game against another opponent in a two year span. While there is history with UMass and it is some 120 miles away, I would rather not make it every year. UMass does not typically have good computer numbers that help Rhody and I don't like having a road game there every other year given our track record in Amherst. I personally would rather see something like playing them in a semi frequent H&H some 4-6 times per decade. UMass no longer wants to associate with URI in the A-10 and would be leaving us as a geographic outlier in New England with respect to our other A-10 members. This is not good for URI and I don't think Rhody owes them anything. UMass not having local rivals and series will not be due to the actions of URI. They would be making a decision to align themselves with southern and TX schools. Why should Rhody have to bail them out so that they can have some games with opponents that are not more than 1,000 miles away from Amherst?

URI Road Games
2022 OOC True Road Games - BC and Georgia State
2023 OOC True Road Games - PC and Charleston
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Assuming they leave the A-10 at some point, I'm OK with playing UMass if it gets rid of some of the dreck, 300+ games we're seemingly playing every year now. Better to play them than like Wagner or Central Connecticut. But they're not good enough from a basketball or gate standpoint to warrant signing up for a long-term series. I also think it would be kind of comical for UMass to double or triple down on all of the shitty bets they've made recently by signing up for Conference USA - the top three of that conference is some combination of Liberty, Florida International and I don't even know what.
3 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote: 4 months ago URI already has a rotating home and home series with both PC and Brown. It makes sense for in state local rivals. Do we want another such annual series reducing our OOC games and mandating three true away games every two years? For perspective, Rhody only has two real road games this OOC season. While there is history with UMass and it is some 120 miles away, I would rather not make it every year. UMass does not typically have good computer numbers that help Rhody and I don't like having a road game there every other year given our track record in Amherst. I personally would rather see something like playing them in a semi frequent H&H some 4-6 times per decade. UMass no longer wants to associate with URI in the A-10 and would be leaving us as a geographic outlier in New England with respect to our other A-10 members. This is not good for URI and I don't think Rhody owes them anything. UMass not having local rivals and series will not be due to the actions of URI. They would be making a decision to align themselves with southern and TX schools. Why should Rhody have to bail them out so that they can have games that are not more than 1,000 miles away from Amherst?
Makes sense playing 4-6 a decade. It doesn’t need to be every year.

I hold nothing against UMass for trying to better its football program given that is what they appear to value most.

It is hard to say right now if this is bad for us basketball-wise since - as you pointed out above regarding UMass’ computer numbers.

Maybe this turns out to be something good for us and the A10 ? Maybe it provides us and the A10 with the impetus to make some strategic moves to keep us relevant the next 15 years ? Who knows?

Since we don’t hear much from Commish battleaxe (full credit to BlueMan) we can only make semi-informed guesses.

FBS Football realignment and NIL has changed the college sports landscape dramatically. It is all about football and many schools have decided or are deciding to adapt to FBS football conditions.

We aren’t about FBS football and neither is the A10. We have commonality with the NBE in that respect but are pegged lower in relevance in basketball as they outperform the A10 head to head and in relation to NCAAT bids and successes.

Not sure where that leaves us and the A10 in 5 years if we do nothing.

As for UMass, I wouldn’t expect much consideration regarding us from them - as we shouldn’t or neither should the conference for them or one school (except for Dayton and VCU as they have been the A10’s top basketball brands). However, time will tell if it is the correct choice for football and/or all their other sports.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago NCAA proposes rule to let schools, athletes enter NIL deals

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... -nil-deals

Suggests creating triers in D1 and letting the big money schools/conferences create their own rules.
As I've been saying, you're either in the Cartel or you're not.

And wait until they let the Cartel have its own basketball tournament. They'll tell the networks, "you want our football? You'll take our basketball, including the tournament." And everyone else will be dropped onto the NIT track.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

In the challenged fiscal environment URI seems to constantly be in, I just don’t see how URI can compete in this new landscape. Finding our level and ability to fund paying players looks like we drop down. Drop down to where is the question, for me. Do we have the forward leaning university administration to navigate these choppy waters?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

The SEC president was probably so pissed at the thought of not being represented in the college football playoff that they called a meeting with the NCAA:

"Here's how is going to go or we are leaving the NCAA all together ...
1) Alabama is in the playoff
2) We can openly pay players whatever we want
3) We have our own league and the price of admission to that league is so high that no one but top level football schools can join
4) We get to make our own rules going forward so we can draft top players from lesser conferences without penalty."

I mean a pretty good ventriloquist trick by Greg Sankey. You could barely see his lips move when Charlie Baker "talked' today.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago In the challenged fiscal environment URI seems to constantly be in, I just don’t see how URI can compete in this new landscape. Finding our level and ability to fund paying players looks like we drop down. Drop down to where is the question, for me. Do we have the forward leaning university administration to navigate these choppy waters?
A second tier basketball league would result in $10 seating at the Ryan Center. Just saying.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago
section(105) wrote: 4 months ago In the challenged fiscal environment URI seems to constantly be in, I just don’t see how URI can compete in this new landscape. Finding our level and ability to fund paying players looks like we drop down. Drop down to where is the question, for me. Do we have the forward leaning university administration to navigate these choppy waters?
A second tier basketball league would result in $10 seating at the Ryan Center. Just saying.
Yeah, and playing who?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

And emptier than now. Will be able to move back to Keaney and get rid of the Ryan to expand the football stadium. We will be in the equivalent of FCS for basketball! No thanks. It’s basically the real division 2.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago
Yeah, and playing who?
It would be the end of basketball as we know it.
4 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

105, I believe we have dedicated boosters (like Ryan) that are not ready to concede.

But I have no inside intel to gauge the resolve of boosters in the years to come. Will they continue to step up for us?
Will new boosters come along that match or exceed the support of the current boosters that have provided so much valuable support ? Are there alternatives and/or new, creative ways we can subsidize the program to compete at the highest level ? Can we and the conference make the correct strategic moves in the coming years ?

One thing I do know is that there are intelligent, dedicated, influential advisor’s and supporters around the program and I have confidence they will do their best to keep basketball relevant.

Unfortunately, despite that admirable support from key boosters and advisors, the SEC/BIG/entertainment networks cartel could change everything should they decide to split off as Red and others here have predicted.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yeah, and playing who?
It would be the end of basketball as we know it.
It’d literally be FBS FCS like football, where there is zero interest in the lower level from national media.

Would be absolute bullshit.

Half these big time schools have actual shitty basketball teams, year after year there’s multiple mid majors who would be successful in these leagues.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

IF it does split then eventually, the fan base and students will adapt to the new reality and be content because most just won’t know any better.

But, I think it is fair to say that none of us here ever will adapt and be content because we experienced Rhody basketball greatness.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

For me, relying more and more on boosters to carry the load is unsustainable.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Yeah, and playing who?
We already have the absolute worst home schedule in the history of the program. We can look forward to home-and-homes with RIC and Salve as our marquee games.
Think the Big East is going to D-2?
We may not ever beat PC again.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago For me, relying more and more on boosters to carry the load is unsustainable.
105, you may be correct because things change. Which is why I always harp on: adapt and overcome.

If our basketball program is going to compete at the highest level for as long as it can and has the resolve to do so then we (Rhody administrators, coaches, advisors and boosters) have to be smart, creative and strategic in leading the program.

It cannot be business as usual because these are unusual times.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

If I read it correctly today(Pamphlet)each top tier school would be required to pay half its athletes $30,000 per year. Ouch.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago If I read it correctly today(Pamphlet)each top tier school would be required to pay half its athletes $30,000 per year. Ouch.
Which is pretty ridiculous seeing how football and basketball players bring in more revenue than soccer, baseball, etc.

But the equal pay argument is another can of worms that doesn’t need to be opened lol
1 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Anyone who talks about dropping down... just ignore them.

Seriously, if URI were to ever "drop down" just close KeaneyBlue.com once and for all. The last one out, get the lights.

Schools that "drop down" don't have active busy message boards with hundreds of participants daily... just sayin'
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I guess, once this shakes out, with all known new requirements, our folks will have to convene a gathering of the administration, influencers, donors, Boards, stakeholder, legislators, Foundation, etc etc and say, are we in or out for the top tier? Revenue sources, such as seat licenses, parking seem like petty cas for what is needed. Math not my strong suit, have not done $30,000 times X athletes(all programs) to look at that number. You?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago I guess, once this shakes out, with all known new requirements, our folks will have to convene a gathering of the administration, influencers, donors, Boards, stakeholder, legislators, Foundation, etc etc and say, are we in or out for the top tier? Revenue sources, such as seat licenses, parking seem like petty cas for what is needed. Math not my strong suit, have not done $30,000 times X athletes(all programs) to look at that number. You?
Unless they dig up the turf plots and plant money trees, we're in big trouble. So are a couple hundred other schools.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Maybe schools like us can be D1 in Basketball, FCS in football and D2 for everything else and that could get you around the $30k issue? There has to be a loophole. Or you chop a bunch of sports…which would be very unfortunate.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

If we had to pay both basketball teams scholarship players $30k a year that is completely doable. I think a D1 basketball league of teams willing to make that commitment would be good. Probably cut the D1 ranks down to under 300 teams.

I really don’t care what level the rest of the sports teams play at. I think whatever shakes out for the rest of the teams is going to be comparable for our present competition - meaning most of the programs we play against aren’t going to be paying the swim team or track team, etc.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RIFan wrote: 4 months ago Maybe schools like us can be D1 in Basketball, FCS in football and D2 for everything else and that could get you around the $30k issue? There has to be a loophole. Or you chop a bunch of sports…which would be very unfortunate.
That would be the necessary impact- either cut sports or allow schools to drop certain sports down to lower levels. Seems overall net bad for collegiate athletics. All bc a dozen schools are basically pro franchises.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Seeing how we like to play the "what if" game over here, let's try this:

What if, one day, the NCAA says, in order for your school to compete in Div 1 Athletics AT ALL, we require a yearly $3 Million dollar cash payment member fee, up front?

Thorr will probably pass out and start looking for a different line of work.

In the meantime, URI's just going to stop participating in Div 1 sports, because it can't deal with a money crunch?

What about you? What if, you are in a big hurry on Interstate 95 tonight and you land yourself a $400 ticket? Are you going to just stop driving all together because you have to pay the mortgage, the water bill, three credit cards, electricity and gas, insurance, Christmas is coming, and 12 other bills this pay period and you just didn't budget for an unexpected $400 bill out of nowhere?

Nooooooooo. You're going to dip into your savings, some credit cards you didn't want to use, the money you have stashed under the bed allocated for your next big purchase, and do all sorts of things you previously did not think possible, because you want to continue to be able to drive this month, and the next month, and the one after that, perpetually.

Remember that commercial? "Life comes at you fast" Be thankful he only suggested $30,000 apiece. You can make more than that working at McDonalds these days. I'm sure we have a few on these teams already making that.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

bigappleram wrote: 4 months ago
RIFan wrote: 4 months ago Maybe schools like us can be D1 in Basketball, FCS in football and D2 for everything else and that could get you around the $30k issue? There has to be a loophole. Or you chop a bunch of sports…which would be very unfortunate.
That would be the necessary impact- either cut sports or allow schools to drop certain sports down to lower levels. Seems overall net bad for collegiate athletics. All bc a dozen schools are basically pro franchises.

It’s always that way in life, it’s similar to the “a few bad apples…“ saying. This is totally an example of too much of a good thing. The money for live sports is through the roof as that is basically the only live TV people watch these days.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rhodyrudder wrote: 4 months ago

Yeah, and playing who?
We already have the absolute worst home schedule in the history of the program. We can look forward to home-and-homes with RIC and Salve as our marquee games.
Think the Big East is going to D-2?
We may not ever beat PC again.
Oof Chicken little. Back it off a tad.

What if we played a home schedule of Northern Arizona, Stonehill, Manhattan, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, Mississippi Valley State, and New Hampshire?

Because that's what defending national champion UConn did. They had to go to neutral sites and on the road to get their good games. We did that, btw. We have 3 Q1 games in the OOC, which by our conference standards is pretty good.

This wasn't the year for an NCAA at-large, and the schedule is set up as such. Even still, our conference is so soft we could still run through them seeing as how we've showed spurts of being able to hang with superior teams this year, only losing (and not covering) to the 3 clearly better teams.

I wouldn't fear a 2nd tier basketball league or FCS breakup. The NCAA tournament is too powerful an entity by itself to have those kind of changes. It's far more likely the field expands than they restrict it to the power 4 or 5 only.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

jcru wrote: 4 months ago Seeing how we like to play the "what if" game over here, let's try this:

What if, one day, the NCAA says, in order for your school to compete in Div 1 Athletics AT ALL, we require a yearly $3 Million dollar cash payment member fee, up front?

Thorr will probably pass out and start looking for a different line of work.

In the meantime, URI's just going to stop participating in Div 1 sports, because it can't deal with a money crunch?

What about you? What if, you are in a big hurry on Interstate 95 tonight and you land yourself a $400 ticket? Are you going to just stop driving all together because you have to pay the mortgage, the water bill, three credit cards, electricity and gas, insurance, Christmas is coming, and 12 other bills this pay period and you just didn't budget for an unexpected $400 bill out of nowhere?

Nooooooooo. You're going to dip into your savings, some credit cards you didn't want to use, the money you have stashed under the bed allocated for your next big purchase, and do all sorts of things you previously did not think possible, because you want to continue to be able to drive this month, and the next month, and the one after that, perpetually.

Remember that commercial? "Life comes at you fast" Be thankful he only suggested $30,000 apiece. You can make more than that working at McDonalds these days. I'm sure we have a few on these teams already making that.
3 million fee to annually belong? Easy 100 donors at $30,00 each. Bingo, done.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 months ago If we had to pay both basketball teams scholarship players $30k a year that is completely doable. I think a D1 basketball league of teams willing to make that commitment would be good. Probably cut the D1 ranks down to under 300 teams.

I really don’t care what level the rest of the sports teams play at. I think whatever shakes out for the rest of the teams is going to be comparable for our present competition - meaning most of the programs we play against aren’t going to be paying the swim team or track team, etc.

I do not think you can pick and choose which sports to pay an average of 30k per athlete. I believe it is all or nothing - all sports in the top tier and all varsity athletes at an average of 30k.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RF1 wrote: 4 months ago
rhodylaw wrote: 4 months ago If we had to pay both basketball teams scholarship players $30k a year that is completely doable. I think a D1 basketball league of teams willing to make that commitment would be good. Probably cut the D1 ranks down to under 300 teams.

I do not think you can pick and choose which sports to pay an average of 30k per athlete. I believe it is all or nothing - all sports in the top tier and all varsity athletes at an average of 30k.
I kind of doubt this gets adopted if that's the case. Yeah, power conferences love to make things easier on themselves, but this also clashes with their desire to be cheap and to not give athletes shit unless absolutely forced to.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Isn’t “paying a scholarship player” and oxymoron?
2 x
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I think it's also important to keep in mind that this was just a proposal from the NCAA. Whatever ends up happening and wherever this all leads in the end will likely end up looking different from this initial proposal. I understand that a lot of people like to jump at the chance to scream that the sky is falling every chance they get, but there is likely a long way to go and many different plans to be thrown around before anything becomes close to real.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I think there will be some ADs that will be checking their 401k accounts as this proposal progresses.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 4 months ago I guess, once this shakes out, with all known new requirements, our folks will have to convene a gathering of the administration, influencers, donors, Boards, stakeholder, legislators, Foundation, etc etc and say, are we in or out for the top tier? Revenue sources, such as seat licenses, parking seem like petty cas for what is needed. Math not my strong suit, have not done $30,000 times X athletes(all programs) to look at that number. You?
I spent a couple hours trying to do the math on that...through a series of complex calculations, plus some help from my math teacher friend, I came up with...

"At $30,000 per athlete, that comes out to approximately $3 million for every 100 athletes. For 200 athletes, roughly $6 million"

You're welcome.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
I spent a couple hours trying to do the math on that...through a series of complex calculations, plus some help from my math teacher friend, I came up with...

"At $30,000 per athlete, that comes out to approximately $3 million for every 100 athletes. For 200 athletes, roughly $6 million"

You're welcome.
Sounds like a layup for donors and other resources for Ole State U.😏
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Florida State suing ACC over grant of rights, withdrawal fee
Story by Andrea Adelson

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1lUjvC
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Florida State suing ACC over grant of rights, withdrawal fee
Story by Andrea Adelson

I read that...seems like it could take a while for that to shakeout...lotta dough at stake there
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 4 months ago Florida State suing ACC over grant of rights, withdrawal fee
Story by Andrea Adelson

I read that...seems like it could take a while for that to shakeout...lotta dough at stake there
Yep, it is also unprecendented, no school has ever challenged that in court.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

OSU, WSU partner with WCC for basketball, other sports
Story by Kyle Bonagura

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA1lUOgq
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Maybe some steam picking up for UMass joining C-USA as a full-time member.
Delaware also recently confirmed to join the conference.

0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

They both have to…
No question about it.
IMO we need to get out of the A-10 too.
Can’t waste any more time as the bottom team in a 15-deep 1-bid league.
6 years ago, we obviously felt like at-large bids could be had.
I don’t see another one coming.

So we should join America East, and play in a 10-team 1-bid with similar schools.

Just my take.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The real answer is to form a new conference with Davidson, Dayton, Richmond, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, and VCU. Then be ultra selective with our final two invites.

Take the most valuable programs, the ones that actually invest in basketball and don't play in high school gyms, and create a leaner conference that isn't pissing money away to schools that don't give a shit
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago The real answer is to form a new conference with Davidson, Dayton, Richmond, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, and VCU. Then be ultra selective with our final two invites.

Take the most valuable programs, the ones that actually invest in basketball and don't play in high school gyms, and create a leaner conference that isn't pissing money away to schools that don't give a shit
Agreed, for me question is does Rhody leadership/admin have the necessary vision to take the lead to put together the collaborative actions to make happen? Have to say doubt it.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 months ago They both have to…
No question about it.

So we should join America East, and play in a 10-team 1-bid with similar schools.

Just my take.
At this point, seems it would improve the NCAAT odds
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Look at that league, seems like such a step down. Like Bryant twice a year, high school gym, until the Grasso Center gets built.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodyrudder wrote: 3 months ago They both have to…
No question about it.

Just my take.
I could be wrong, but I don't think we built the RC, our new practice facility, brought in Archie with that compensation package, and increased the staff's salary pool, just so we can end up in the AEC. NOT.
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 months ago The real answer is to form a new conference with Davidson, Dayton, Richmond, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, and VCU. Then be ultra selective with our final two invites.

I am down with this

Get rid of the garbage
1 x