Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago
Matt Keebler wrote: 4 months ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago One day it would be nice to update/remove that giant HVAC vent around the catwalk that an elephant could comfortably walk through.
How would you propose to remove or update this?
The solution seems obvious. Re-do the roof so that it can be opened, closed, or set off to the side. When it's open, you would slide it over to cover the parking in front of the main lobby. Or, rotate it off to the football field side and you'd have some covered seating if you wanted to flex that way. Then, for basketball games...have giant cranes lift up the roof and fill in the gap with those blow up things they use on Heavy Rescue, and have, between the cranes that are holding up the roof on top of the Heavy Rescue pillows, strategically wired up there, a jumbotron that dangles down, not from the top, but between the cranes in the corners.... Think Big.

ETA: Pretty sure this would also solve the RyFi issues?
Great project for our top flight engineering program, NYG!

Go Rhody!
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago One day it would be nice to update/remove that giant HVAC vent around the catwalk that an elephant could comfortably walk through.
The solution seems obvious. Re-do the roof so that it can be opened, closed, or set off to the side. When it's open, you would slide it over to cover the parking in front of the main lobby. Or, rotate it off to the football field side and you'd have some covered seating if you wanted to flex that way. Then, for basketball games...have giant cranes lift up the roof and fill in the gap with those blow up things they use on Heavy Rescue, and have, between the cranes that are holding up the roof on top of the Heavy Rescue pillows, strategically wired up there, a jumbotron that dangles down, not from the top, but between the cranes in the corners.... Think Big.

I like where your head is at
0 x
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 4 months ago

I like where your head is at
Thanks, some things are not that complicated, it's just a matter of getting to it...
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I think the old jumbotron-too-heavy excuse was based on typical weights of equipment around the year 2000.

Modern LED board based suspended displays are just a fraction of the weight of legacy analog displays.
6 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 months ago I think the old jumbotron-too-heavy excuse was based on typical weights of equipment around the year 2000.

Modern LED board based suspended displays are just a fraction of the weight of legacy analog displays.
Requiring even smaller, more efficient cranes and less heavy duty cable, possibly even leveraging the Heavy Duty Rescue pillow usage even more. I mean, maybe no cranes at all, just cables off pillows? I like how you think.... I'm tellin ya', get that roof mobile and The Ry becomes ...The Oyster... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA..Can I get a patent for that? The first retractable roof place in RI is "The Oyster"? I mean...how perfect?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I've got the solution to wifi. It's perfect. And the governor and the whatever you call it up on the hill will agree. We erect a wind turbine to power the wifi. Put it on top of the Ryan Center.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago I've got the solution to wifi. It's perfect. And the governor and the whatever you call it up on the hill will agree. We erect a wind turbine to power the wifi. Put it on top of the Ryan Center.
Perfect. And of course, when it's windy, you'd shut it off, I mean, because, why try to blow against the wind, right?

ETA...OR.....do you just angle the windmill and use it to lift up the Oyster Shell?? Wow...talk about green energy usage...
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago I've got the solution to wifi. It's perfect. And the governor and the whatever you call it up on the hill will agree. We erect a wind turbine to power the wifi. Put it on top of the Ryan Center.
So fucking stupid
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

! Message from: ATPTourFan
Please keep this conversation on topic.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Started the game fighting a security guard who is insisting on standing in the aisle the whole game.. told me I can just watch the screen instead of the court……..
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Brutal

Tell him to stand by the black shower curtain cas rhody prefers to help out the press vs their own fans

What a slap in the face

Not to mention an idiotic decision

THINK SHOWER CURTAINS
WE DO
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago Started the game fighting a security guard who is insisting on standing in the aisle the whole game.. told me I can just watch the screen instead of the court……..
Jesus Surf what Lind of bullcrap is that ?
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Haha best part is my seats are row F pretty low down and he kept coming back the whole game and standing in front of me to make a point. Not super happy about it

Stood here and refused to move most of the game

1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

That's total bullshit I'd send your story and that picture to Thorr.
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago Haha best part is my seats are row F pretty low down and he kept coming back the whole game and standing in front of me to make a point. Not super happy about it

Fire his back side !!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

With how bad we were tonight I think he was doing you a favor...

It's amazing how often security doesn't understand they're part of the customer service experience as well. Less authority than a mall cop but let it get to their head
5 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

How ridiculous to have a security officer creating that issue standing in the aisle like that should there be an emergency
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I haven’t seen a security guard in the aisle in years, maybe ever.

There wasn’t ONE other security guard in the arena in any aisle.

No clue what he was doing there.
3 x
Go Rhody
section205
Jim Eitner

Unread post by section205 »

reef wrote: 4 months ago
rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago Haha best part is my seats are row F pretty low down and he kept coming back the whole game and standing in front of me to make a point. Not super happy about it

Fire his back side !!
Don’t want the guy to get canned but definitely can’t be blocking the view. He seemed to think that’s where he needed to be for some reason. Must be first day on the job.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago I haven’t seen a security guard in the aisle in years, maybe ever.

dooshing on 'surf?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section205 wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago

Fire his back side !!
Don’t want the guy to get canned but definitely can’t be blocking the view. He seemed to think that’s where he needed to be for some reason. Must be first day on the job.
I think when he does it the first time, you don't want him to get fired, but if you ask and he acts like a jackwagon...time for another job.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I’m gonna punch DJ face in the face. That dude sucks.

Can someone tell the sound engineer to schedule a hearing appointment? It’s too fucking loud Jesus. We have these same problems that you do not hear ANYWHERE else.

There will be about 45 fans in the building the rest of conference play, they can probably turn the speakers off now.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago I haven’t seen a security guard in the aisle in years, maybe ever.

dooshing on 'surf?
I’m agreeing with him.

Pretty ridiculous on that security guards part to act like that.

Wasn’t one other guard in any aisle.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 months ago

dooshing on 'surf?
I’m agreeing with him.

Pretty ridiculous on that security guards part to act like that.

Wasn’t one other guard in any aisle.
I agree....seemed no point to be there unless he wanted to doosh on 'surf...mission accomplished
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

that was me - i thought i was doing you a favor by blocking the disgusting shower curtain

my bad...

my goodness look at all that real estate...
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Took this just for you ECR.

Disgusting

Whoever came up with the idea to create this shower curtain area should be ashamed.
But worse that the person who created it is the person who decides to keep it.
IMG_1359.jpeg
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

i sincerely hope you're not a season ticket holder. not that being a game by game ticket holder makes you any less valuable, but if you are, you better be on the phone with you account rep this morning....
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Fuck it, I guess I'm not done bitching. On another note, I get we have a "script", and we only announce the head coach on the visiting team, but how the FUCK do you not announcer that former Rhody great Tyson Wheeler, who is being honored later for God sake, is part of the visiting team? Is it just tone deafness that you have a script and you refuse to deviate from that at all? If so, you've got overproduced garbage, not an experience. Do you think we're stupid fans and we'd boo a Rhody great that's coaching for another team? Thanks for thinking so highly of us.

When former players, especially literal Rhody legends, but really all former players are in the Ryan Center they should be recognized. Even if they're coaching on the other team
7 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Fuck it, I guess I'm not done bitching. On another note, I get we have a "script", and we only announce the head coach on the visiting team, but how the FUCK do you not announcer that former Rhody great Tyson Wheeler, who is being honored later for God sake, is part of the visiting team? Is it just tone deafness that you have a script and you refuse to deviate from that at all? If so, you've got overproduced garbage, not an experience. Do you think we're stupid fans and we'd boo a Rhody great that's coaching for another team? Thanks for thinking so highly of us.

When former players, especially literal Rhody legends, but really all former players are in the Ryan Center they should be recognized. Even if they're coaching on the other team
this is why we can't have nice things
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 4 months ago Took this just for you ECR.

Disgusting

Whoever came up with the idea to create this shower curtain area should be ashamed.
But worse that the person who created it is the person who decides to keep it.

IMG_1359.jpeg

THORR DECIDES TO KEEP IT

stupid
stupid
stupid
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

The PA is way louder than the loudest rock concert. Even worse it sounds like fuzzy crap.

It’s hard to understand why…Like a lot of the easily fixable stupid stuff. Stupid stuff we ALL agree is stupid.

Some of it is just bizarro world.
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

i sincerely hope you're not a season ticket holder. not that being a game by game ticket holder makes you any less valuable, but if you are, you better be on the phone with you account rep this morning....
Oh i am a season ticket holder lol. Another season ticket holder complained to him before I did and he made a point to oscillate standing in front of either of us all night. I am reaching out today haha sorry for the bitching it was V annoying at the time
4 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 months ago The PA is way louder than the loudest rock concert. Even worse it sounds like fuzzy crap.

It’s hard to understand why…Like a lot of the easily fixable stupid stuff. Stupid stuff we ALL agree is stupid.

Some of it is just bizarro world.
They were pumping in crowd noise lol it was ridiculous
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago

Oh i am a season ticket holder lol. Another season ticket holder complained to him before I did and he made a point to oscillate standing in front of either of us all night. I am reaching out today haha sorry for the bitching it was V annoying at the time
I am angry for you. this is absolute bullshit.

and those saying don't fire the guy, F that and F the security guard.
5 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

I am angry for you. this is absolute bullshit.

and those saying don't fire the guy, F that and F the security guard.
I would have moved to an empty seat right in front of him and when he told me to move, I would said I will when you move your fat azz. Btw, it would have been a good game to get throw out of.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

is getting a better camera angle for archie's press conferences too much to ask for ?

the lack of paying to details is sooo minor league

my goodness - how hard is it to setup a straight on camera
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 months ago is getting a better camera angle for archie's press conferences too much to ask for ?

the lack of paying to details is sooo minor league

my goodness - how hard is it to setup a straight on camera
Good call ECR , the microphone blocking his grill !
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I just realized this thread is TEN YEARS OLD!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 10 years ago The retired jersey thread reminded me of a major gripe I've had with the Ryan Center experience. How do we not have a bunch of video packages that highlight our best players, teams, and moments? You could play these montages before the games and during timeouts when you're not running other promotions. I know our previous entrance video had a lot of quickly spliced together segments, but I'm thinking almost more like mini-documentaries that highlight specific things. You could also make videos for certain opponents. UMass is in the Ryan Center? Have a video that highlights the best moments in our rivalry but with a heavy Rhode Island bias. You're telling me a URI-Kansas video wouldn't get the crowd jacked up during a timeout at the end of the game when we need to get loud?
My second post on this thread. I forgot about this idea, but that's good shit pal! Now we just need to implement it....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

From where I sit, I can't see any of the banners of former greats. I wish they would hang them where everyone can see them.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

THought they were going to raise the jerseys into the rafters. That would have been legit. Awesome to see those guys though.
0 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago From where I sit, I can't see any of the banners of former greats. I wish they would hang them where everyone can see them.
The fact Carothers ever had one is baffling. Chode.

The RC security has also been a complete joke through the years.

The black shower curtain needs to go, the amount of Press Seats EMPTY is ludicrous. Make it temporary seating and put some students back in the 104/105 area.
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago Fuck it, I guess I'm not done bitching. On another note, I get we have a "script", and we only announce the head coach on the visiting team, but how the FUCK do you not announcer that former Rhody great Tyson Wheeler, who is being honored later for God sake, is part of the visiting team? Is it just tone deafness that you have a script and you refuse to deviate from that at all? If so, you've got overproduced garbage, not an experience. Do you think we're stupid fans and we'd boo a Rhody great that's coaching for another team? Thanks for thinking so highly of us.

This reflects on the entire program, Thorr, Miller- attention to detail, having a "winning" attitude etc etc etc. Likely would not have happened under Hurley.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 4 months ago

This reflects on the entire program, Thorr, Miller- attention to detail, having a "winning" attitude etc etc etc. Likely would not have happened under Hurley.
Sounds like they maybe made the wrong call on a night he was being honored. If he wasn't being honored, I would give benefit of the doubt that they would have somehow called him out.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago I just realized this thread is TEN YEARS OLD!
Scary thought. How many of these gripes were addressed.

I'll start:

BEER in Seats
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

please let us know the response you get on this. no response is completely unacceptable.

i still find this absolutely infuriating.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 months ago

I'll start:

BEER in Seats
The one and only. 🤣
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 months ago

I'll start:

BEER in Seats
The one and only. 🤣
In 10 years
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

please let us know the response you get on this. no response is completely unacceptable.

i still find this absolutely infuriating.
Yeah this is no bueno. No way I wouldn't have told the dude to sit down or move.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'll start:

BEER in Seats
Beer in seats didn't just happen overnight...first, there was, "beer in the giant blue cubicle only" So, that was a multi-phaser.
1 x