12/2 | Providence | 7:30PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: 12/2 | Providence | 7:30PM (FS1)

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I can’t tolerate sloppy finishes. You play hard to the buzzer. Time to turn the game off.
0 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Zek killed us tonight. Sucks for him to have his worst game in this spot
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I thought we played well. Ran out of gas. Nothing to be ashamed of. We’re trending in the right direction.
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago Did I just watch Fuchs pull a rebound away from weston and lead to a TO?
At this point I think you’re just seeing what you want to see. He was fighting on the boards, which we want. It’s not like Weston was standing there with the ball and he came and tried to take it from him.
At this point you and Stevey have just taken the position of "defend Fuchs at all costs"

He's made SOME plays, but half of the time it's a disaster. The other three bigs don't have near the amount of lows.
You should go back and revisit your posts in the Fuchs recruiting thread... :lol:
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 4 months ago Idk I’m not all that upset with this loss. I thought we showed fight for most of the game. I thought it had the potential to be worse. I think this team is headed in the right direction. I think we have a good chance to make noise in the A-10.
I agree. Losing by 15 is losing by 15. But. I do think it makes a difference that we were competitive for a good amount of time and showed some fight and eventually they were just too much for us (which I think we all kind of knew coming in), versus going down by 30 early and chipping it back to 15 in extended garbage time. There’s something to build on here. Most A10 teams will not be able to run away from us down the stretch the way PC did tonight if we put forth this type of effort.
9 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

And they cover
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

At this point I think you’re just seeing what you want to see. He was fighting on the boards, which we want. It’s not like Weston was standing there with the ball and he came and tried to take it from him.
At this point you and Stevey have just taken the position of "defend Fuchs at all costs"

He's made SOME plays, but half of the time it's a disaster. The other three bigs don't have near the amount of lows.
I haven’t exactly been effusive in my praise of Fuchs. I don’t think you can actually find me saying anything about especially complimentary about him. I just think some of the criticisms of him are a little unfair, bordering on absurd.

If I told you in a vacuum you’d have a freshman big with 11 and 6 with zero turnovers in a game at Providence you’d probably think that was great. Was it actually great? No. But having criticism of him being the primary thing you got from this game is silly.
People are frustrated because our worst big gets the most minutes.

P. S.

Hope you didn't double down....ugh
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

So far, we have played against 4 good teams and won only once at home. This is where we are at the moment. We have a long way to go in the rebuild. Hopefully we can at least beat the bad teams away from the Ryan Center this season.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Disappointing loss because we were right in it for a lot of the game, but in the end it was the same story as the rest of the season so far, just could not put together a complete 40 minutes.

Still plenty to build on and I think we'll continue to improve as conference play approaches. Looking forward to Bilau being 100% as well, he looks good out there.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago

You should go back and revisit your posts in the Fuchs recruiting thread... :lol:
I was defending his pedigree, because he was on a team in one of the best leagues in Europe and people thought he wouldn't see the floor.

All I said was he will play a lot and I believed Archie. He took a little step today not all awful.

Hope Bilau's knee is ready for big minutes going forward.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Gave up 49 points in the 2nd half. Poor effort the final 14 or so minutes.

Fix the lazy D and mental lapses on D and we will be okay the rest of the way this season. We will be heard from in conference.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I haven’t exactly been effusive in my praise of Fuchs. I don’t think you can actually find me saying anything about especially complimentary about him. I just think some of the criticisms of him are a little unfair, bordering on absurd.

If I told you in a vacuum you’d have a freshman big with 11 and 6 with zero turnovers in a game at Providence you’d probably think that was great. Was it actually great? No. But having criticism of him being the primary thing you got from this game is silly.

P. S.

Brown didn’t get the most minutes.

(
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I hate to say this but maybe we are not that good. Less then .500 in A10 play.
We came back against Yale but what is the reality of the team. maybe we are a .500 team or less.
1 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago I hate to say this but maybe we are not that good. Less then .500 in A10 play.
We came back against Yale but what is the reality of the team. maybe we are a .500 team or less.
I think that’s a super harsh take. I think the opposite. I think we are going to do surprisingly well in conference.
8 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I will admit I don't understand the concept of the pack line defense, but whatever it is against good teams it is totally ineffective. It just looks like a lousy man to man defense to me.We don't turn the other team over that much and our guards continue to get beaten forcing our bigs to cover for them. I don't like Archie's stubbornness to not switch it up at all. I don't see any improvement in that aspect of our game. If you don't have the personnel to do it, adapt to what you have. Pretty sad to feel that our effort was good and we hung in there for the most part and still lost by 15 to those arrogant sob's. I want to be good again and soon.
Last edited by ram1980 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

rjv wrote: 4 months ago I hate to say this but maybe we are not that good. Less then .500 in A10 play.
Less than .500 in A10 is completely unacceptable for a coach being paid 2.5 million a year........
4 x
True Big Blue
Jim Eitner

Unread post by True Big Blue »

We drive the ball get stuffed, have no passing game, and guards that can’t make free throws. I mean you don’t even have to know the game that well, to know what move our guards will be doing.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Fuchs will be fine. Growing pains with young players. Same with Cam. They will grow up.

Archie can evaluate talent. He will bring them along.

More concerning to me is getting more out of Zek and Weston than we did tonight because we need their scoring against better teams if we expect to hang. We just cannot have them - and House, too - disappear against better teams.

Very happy to see House breakout tonight.

Fire 72 and somebody find us a better foul shooting coach!
5 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

First half was good.
0 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I mean. We know that it’s not all stats right? Like the wide open layups he did hit didn’t make up for the misses, the lack of rebounds, the poor spacing, the turnovers, the non-existent defense.

Bassy was unanimously declared unfit to play at URI and he was a -3.3 last year, Fuchs is a -4.1 already.

Cmon. I’d love the kid to shut me up and be a good player on a team that wins because of him. I’m just don’t see it. I’ve been wrong before, but I’m gonna guess I won’t be here.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 months ago First half was good.
the game is 2 halves.
2 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

We will not play another team this good the rest of the season, neither at home or on the road. This will be the highest rated kenpom team we play for the rest of the year. The team will be fine in the A10.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree with most of the comments here

There was some good hanging in there early and tieing it & 38

Then bad last 14 minutes to lose by 15

Can’t miss that many FTS

Hopkins best player on that floor by a wide margin
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

We’ve lost to kenpom 41, 48, and 59. Did not expect to lose all of those, but I’m not going to kill this team over it.
4 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I am actually very optimistic about this team. I thought they put in a gutsy performance and really kept the game close for 2/3 to 3/4 of the game. I actually thought they would get beat worse.
I saw the box score said Zek had 5 turnovers and Cam had 1. That's not what I saw. I saw Cam cough the ball up twice and a third time he drove to the lane in the 2nd half and instead of passing the ball to the open teammate to his right he ended up missing the layup/shot.
I know some have an issue with Fuchs in general, but I thought this was one of his best games. He was posting up well and really made things hard on PC for more than half the game.
These guys are growing and learning and I'm definitely seeing improvement from this team overall. House showed up tonight, which was good to see. I definitely see this team being in the top 5 teams in the A10.
9 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

P. S.

How was Fuchs worse than Brown tonight? Please explain that to me.

I called out Fuchs when he played terribly against Northwestern and Washington St, not getting back on defense. I even made a YouTube video to prove my point. However, tonight he shot 5-10 from the field. He had some solid defensive possessions where he held his own against Oduro and finished with 11 points, 6 rebounds, and ZERO turnovers. By the way, turnovers were his biggest issue coming in. I believe that's a solid game for any big man, let alone a freshman in his first road game in such an environment. My issue is that it seems like people are dissecting every little mistake he makes, and I think it's a bit excessive.

And then I see comments like Zek had a tough matchup. Yes, he did. So, I understand why he had such a bad game. However, aren't Hopkins and Oduro tough matchups too? Fuchs also had a tough matchup!

I agree that Bilau needs to play more, and Fuchs shouldn't be such a focal point. If people are already giving up on this kid, go ahead. I think he's had some good moments AND some really bad moments. Tonight, I thought he was solid, and I still believe he can be a nice piece for this team eventually.

As for the game, I thought Archie was awful in the second half.

As much as I've defended him, I didn't want Fuchs to start. We had such a nice rhythm in that Yale game; I would have stuck with that starting 5. If it became a problem, then introduce two bigs right away. Or if we needed to go with two bigs, I would have started Bilau.

I don't understand why Luis was out in that crucial stretch that I think lost us the game. If Luis needed a quick breather, fine, but keeping Ways in and sticking to man to man when it's clear PC is targeting him wasn't ideal. He got exploited by Hopkins and then again by Pierre. At the very least, switch to a zone defense for a few minutes if Luis needs a longer break. PC showed great coaching..Archie's decisions were questionable.

Is Bilau that out of shape that he can only play 15 minutes? Really? We've seen all these videos where he's drenched in sweat training with the team. He can't play more?

Zek was bad tonight. Why not try to get Weston more run? He only played 18 minutes after a really good game. We were clearly lacking some scoring and I would have liked to see him play more.

What upset me the most was how we looked like a poorly coached team in the final 10 minutes, just fouling PC and allowing easy layups and dunks. It really sucked because I loved how good we looked in the first half. A well-coached team doesn't have these horrendous stretches. When facing adversity, you fight it out and try to claw your way back. We have talent on this roster! This isn't last year when we could say our team absolutely sucked. We have pieces! We shouldn't have these stretches where we look absolutely horrible.

I support Archie, but I'm kinda tired of him saying all the right things post-game while not making the right moves during games.
Last edited by steveystuds06 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

The Dude wrote: 4 months ago I am actually very optimistic about this team. I thought they put in a gutsy performance and really kept the game close for 2/3 to 3/4 of the game. I actually thought they would get beat worse.
I saw the box score said Zek had 5 turnovers and Cam had 1. That's not what I saw. I saw Cam cough the ball up twice and a third time he drove to the lane in the 2nd half and instead of passing the ball to the open teammate to his right he ended up missing the layup/shot.
I know some have an issue with Fuchs in general, but I thought this was one of his best games. He was posting up well and really made things hard on PC for more than half the game.
These guys are growing and learning and I'm definitely seeing improvement from this team overall. House showed up tonight, which was good to see. I definitely see this team being in the top 5 teams in the A10.
Good stuff, Dude.

Taking a step back to look at the big picture, the team is coming along. We have lapses that kill us against good teams but those will get ironed out with experience.

We hung in tonight despite not getting much from Zek and Weston, shooting sub 50% from the line and only forcing 8 turnovers against a team averaging approx 15 a game going in.

Our best players have to be better in games like this. That said, Zek will bounce back; it was a tough matchup for him tonight. And, Weston needs to be more aggressive and consistent on O. He is capable of doing that for us.

OTOH, Hopkins had a big 2nd half which put them over the top. That’s what very good, experienced, mature players do.
3 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Hey, i bet pc has never beaten jwu!
2 x
Ruckusboy
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Ruckusboy »

All I have to say about this game is that our 150-350 students are 10x louder than the 2500 PC students. And we would never leave a big game like that with 5 minutes left in that game.
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unfortunately we have to keep taking baby steps.

For the vast majority of this game it was very encouraging. PC just understands who they are more than we do and their play being more decisive was a big difference. Don't think they are THAT much more talented or athletic than we are, but the way we substitute and fail to keep a good cohesive unit on the court is troubling.

I think the more Bilau is able to play the faster we will start to form a better unit from top to bottom. He will be a PROBLEM by A-10 play and our team will be better by then.

Win out in the OOC.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That’s the Jaden House we need tonight had 18 and was our best player out there

We need House and Zek to both be on @ the same time

The jury is out on this team , I guess we will be around .500 in conference, it’s not going to be easy , the league is improved over last season
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

The Dude wrote: 4 months ago I am actually very optimistic about this team. I thought they put in a gutsy performance and really kept the game close for 2/3 to 3/4 of the game. I actually thought they would get beat worse.
Agree Dude, we play like this and we’ll be much better than folks expected in the A10.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ruckusboy wrote: 4 months ago All I have to say about this game is that our 150-350 students are 10x louder than the 2500 PC students. And we would never leave a big game like that with 5 minutes left in that game.
Can you talk to your friends and get them to go to games? That 150-350 would be a lot better if it were 1200-1500 and would affect games in such a positive way. We need you guys.
4 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm worried against any decent A10 teams that we have these really, really bad stretches for 10+ minutes. I know we came back against Yale, but it's very hard to win many games like that... I understand there will be runs, but I haven't seen a team look so good and so bad in stretches like this team... Bilau will help a lot. He's a stud. I'm so sick of losing to PC. This sucks..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago
We will not play another team this good the rest of the season, neither at home or on the road. This will be the highest rated kenpom team we play for the rest of the year. The team will be fine in the A10.
What is good about not playing another team this good the rest of the year? It means we have 22 games that have no real value. We could go 19-3 and we wouldn’t get an at large bid-not that we thought we were in the mix this year. I thought they played pretty hard the first 25 minutes and then started to lose their way. Between the new transfer rules, the terrible state of the A-10 with 1 or 2 bids at the most and the scheduling difficulties it is hard to envision thinking we will make the tourney next year or the year after that. It all comes down to the A-10 tourney and the auto bid year after year now. I think they have some good pieces to build upon, but who knows how the team will look after this year. Montgomery has been very consistent, but just looked way off from the beginning tonight with the turnovers.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

RamStock wrote: 4 months ago
rhodysurf wrote: 4 months ago
What is good about not playing another team this good the rest of the year? It means we have 22 games that have no real value. We could go 19-3 and we wouldn’t get an at large bid-not that we thought we were in the mix this year. I thought they played pretty hard the first 25 minutes and then started to lose their way. Between the new transfer rules, the terrible state of the A-10 with 1 or 2 bids at the most and the scheduling difficulties it is hard to envision thinking we will make the tourney next year or the year after that. It all comes down to the A-10 tourney and the auto bid year after year now. I think they have some good pieces to build upon, but who knows how the team will look after this year. Montgomery has been very consistent, but just looked way off from the beginning tonight with the turnovers.
This team was never going to get an at large this year, it’s about learning to play together to try and get a good seed in A10 and try and make noise in the A10 tournament. We all want the team to play and perform in big games but the schedule is set up for solid growth this year for this foundational group.

If we aren’t close to the bubble next year I will be concerned tho.
Last edited by rhodysurf 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
Ruckusboy
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Ruckusboy »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 months ago
Ruckusboy wrote: 4 months ago All I have to say about this game is that our 150-350 students are 10x louder than the 2500 PC students. And we would never leave a big game like that with 5 minutes left in that game.
Can you talk to your friends and get them to go to games? That 150-350 would be a lot better if it were 1200-1500 and would affect games in such a positive way. We need you guys.
They only give us 1,000 student tickets I think but trust me I try and I get that crowd rumbling
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm worried against any decent A10 teams that we have these really, really bad stretches for 10+ minutes. I know we came back against Yale, but it's very hard to win many games like that... I understand there will be runs, but I haven't seen a team look so good and so bad in stretches like this team... Bilau will help a lot. He's a stud. I'm so sick of losing to PC. This sucks..
Yes I agree with you Stevey , the jury is still out on this team , I was a little more optimistic going in than coming out
I think it’s hard to tell how we are going to do in conference, Will guess about .500 give or take a couple games
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm worried against any decent A10 teams that we have these really, really bad stretches for 10+ minutes. I know we came back against Yale, but it's very hard to win many games like that... I understand there will be runs, but I haven't seen a team look so good and so bad in stretches like this team... Bilau will help a lot. He's a stud. I'm so sick of losing to PC. This sucks..
Yup! Sick of losing this friggin’ “rivalry game.”

Right now this rivalry is not a rivalry because we can’t beat them. Therefore, as a poster (can’t recall who. Sorry) aptly posted here a day or so ago, this game is now a tradition.

And it is a tradition that will die a quiet death eventually, at this rate, because we are not holding up our end of the rivalry. It’s embarrassing.

And , that sucks big time.

Are we better than last years team? Yes.

Is the program making progress from where it ended with DC as head coach ? Yes.

Are we close to what former teams under Kraft, Skinner, Penders, Harrick, Hurley ascended to ? Not friggin’ close.

I am patient but I am getting tired of moral victories. And I don’t have forever to wait around for us to play in another NCAAT.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 4 months ago

Right now this rivalry is not a rivalry because we can’t beat them. Therefore, as a poster (can’t recall who. Sorry) aptly posted here a day or so ago, this game is now a tradition.

And it is a tradition that will die a quiet death eventually, at this rate, because we are not holding up our end of the rivalry. It’s embarrassing.

Are we close to what former teams under Kraft, Skinner, Penders, Harrick, Hurley ascended to ? Not friggin’ close.

I am patient but I am getting tired of moral victories. And I don’t have forever to wait around for us to play in another NCAAT.
We just beat them three games ago in the rivalry, since then we've had total instability and even though they lost Cooley, they retained their best players somehow and added two starters that were already on a team together.

It just sucks. Hurts worse since Cox put us in such a hole.
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Finally back from the game here’s my thoughts:

1. Nice to get House back to his normal self played a good game minus getting outhustled by Carter in the first couple of minutes

2. Zek got the treatment that House got at Mohegan, top of scouting report, they doubled him whenever he drove to the rim but go no foul calls

3. I understand the Fuchs hate cuz I was on him for the shitty week at Mohegan plus the Yale game, but outside the abysmal first couple of minutes he had all right game

4. Foumena needs to develop his left hand hook / layup, I swear I haven’t seen him try this once all season, which makes him easier to scout for these bigger P5 teams because minus the nice putback he had today he’s getting pushed / forced outside his comfort zone which in turn makes him shoot 3 pointers Which I don’t want him to do too much

5. Our bigs stamina is god damn terrible, almost after 4-5 mins each big is hands on knees gasping for air minus Bilau, I hope when Bilau has his restrictions lifted we won’t run into this issue as much

6. My final and BIGGEST POINT OF THE NIGH, Was Luis hurt or something in the second half and why wasn’t Cam subbed in for him because putting always on Pierre pretty much sealed the game for PC, Pierre easily drove past him and put everyone out of position, plus in all honesty he has no offensive game, can’t wait til Hammond is here next year
2 x
KingstonClank12
Jim Eitner

Unread post by KingstonClank12 »

I think the staff has to feel good about this game and hope they can build off this tape. The team hung with a mid-tier P6 team in spite of Farrell, Clougherty, and Gaffney (the 3 overall best contributors for PC throughout and in particular the minutes after the 38-38 mark) and produced no offensive consistency. The front court showed signs of growth against what was clearly a disadvantage prior to the game and the team overall played great defense even with the 8v5 disadvantages after the 17:52 and 10:10 marks in the 2nd half. The majority of the game film is going to show less about PC allowing an inferior opponent hang and more about the small positive steps of URI as a program. I feel like this could be a game where it could psychologically send us to more opportunities ahead.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PC fans saying the URI game is usually casual fan night? That's why they weren't loud? Or was it because they thought they'd blow us out from the tip and their asses puckered?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

We just beat them three games ago in the rivalry, since then we've had total instability and even though they lost Cooley, they retained their best players somehow and added two starters that were already on a team together.

We haven't won at PC in, like, what, 22 years? That's crazy to me... We can't even have one freaking year where we steal a game? Dan couldn't win at PC either, which sucked. Maybe Archie can do it? Not likely. All I know is we 100000% have to win next year. We will never win at the dump.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I think the hate for Fuchs is totally uncalled for tonight . He misses easy shots and makes silly turnovers sure , but he also had 11 and 6 and one TO
tonight . A lot of freshmen don't even see the floor on many teams , especially Bigs in the A10 so have some patience . a curious note on today's action :
The A10 went 9-2 on the night including wins over Temple , Penn and Harvard . The Big East went 1-3 with Villanova losing to Drexle a few days after
losing to St. Joes by11 . Wisconcin who lost by double digits to PC beat # 3 Marquette while Georgetown lost on a buzzer beater to TCU in heartbreaking
fashion . I was disappointed in URI for play during the final 10-11 minutes , but even URI's best teams have had difficulty at PC . PC did play better than
URI tonight , but i have to agree that the officiating was perfect for PC's aggressive style and definitely uneven and contributed to PC pulling away during a stretch in the final ten minutes including a period where 5 straight PC possessions resulted in foul calls . this combined with a couple back breaking threes put the game away .I'm hoping the team can benefit from playing a tough opponent when they face the remaining OOC games and
begin conference play.
6 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 months ago

We haven't won at PC in, like, what, 22 years? That's crazy to me... We can't even have one freaking year where we steal a game? Dan couldn't win at PC either, which sucked. Maybe Archie can do it? Not likely. All I know is we 100000% have to win next year. We will never win at the dump.
We've only come close what, twice since then? 08 and 04?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah it’s frustrating for sure , I think next year we have a great shot to beat them @ home since their big 3 will be gone and our guys will have more experience

Growing pains for our team it’s still young in the season and we haven’t played with each other that much

We should be much better by late Feb
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

JM24 wrote: 4 months ago Bilau should be getting 25+ minutes a night
Bilau isn't ready yet to give us those kind of minutes
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yes, I am disappointed because I always want us to win, especially against PC.
But we played tough and were competitive most of the game.
This was probably going to be our toughest test of the season.

Funny but right now I am probably more optimistic about this team than I was going into the season.

Regarding Fuchs, I don't get all the bashing.
When we were recruiting him and when he first got to campus, I had no expectations for him this year.
He is a true freshman big who was very much under-the-radar and I felt he would contribute very little.
So what he is now giving us is a plus for me.
I think he has a high ceiling with plenty of potential and upside.
But yeah, for now he is a little raw (to be expected) and the game needs to slow down for him.

Overall, I feel Archie has the program going in the right direction and I am excited about our future.
We have talented young players and looking forward to seeing Green added to the mix. 
Last edited by Jersey77 4 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Is a zone trap/press part of the Book of Archie? Do we have players to execute that? Jus asking.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938