12/2 | Providence | 7:30PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/2 | Providence | 7:30PM (FS1)

Unread post by reef »

Gaines who went off from 3 followed English from Tennessee and GMU
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

PC is going to bother us defensively - they are long and athletic on the perimeter and driving lanes will be tough to come by.

Too bad we don’t play more zone bc I think that could be effective against them. It neutralizes Oduro from facilitating things and it turns them into a perimeter shooting team. Hopkins, Gaines and Carter are not great shooters. Pierre playing or not is also a key bc he’s another facilitator.

Limiting turnovers and winning the rebounding battle will be key to us having a chance to hang around.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In tonight's game versus Wagner, PC had 10 blocks and 25 assists. Facing that kind of talent, it will be near impossible for House or others to drive to basket for easy lay-ups. The Rams inexperience and immaturity in front of a hostile, large crowd will rattle them and unforced turnovers will result. We need to duplicate the intensity and strong defensive effort we saw in the second half versus Yale to have a chance.
2 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

RI_Bred wrote: 5 months ago Would like to hear an honest opinion from one of our resident PC fans that post here...
Methinks that's an oxymoron....
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Article on ESPN… love this, for the shit we get for sucking we have only two less tournament wins all time lolol
34. State of Rhode Island
Tournament wins since 1985: 18

Providence shot what at the time was regarded as a high number of 3s and appeared in the 1987 Final Four. Keep in mind, however, that with 10 wins the Friars are working hard just to stay ahead of the University of Rhode Island and its eight tournament victories. The Rams made it all the way to the 1998 Elite Eight.
From https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... -states-dc
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

How is it only Wednesday??

Wagner wasn't a trap game for the Friars. They were incredibly focused, we're going to need our A game and then some on Saturday.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rhodysurf wrote: 5 months ago Article on ESPN… love this, for the shit we get for sucking we have only two less tournament wins all time lolol

Providence shot what at the time was regarded as a high number of 3s and appeared in the 1987 Final Four. Keep in mind, however, that with 10 wins the Friars are working hard just to stay ahead of the University of Rhode Island and its eight tournament victories. The Rams made it all the way to the 1998 Elite Eight.
With every advantage that comes from being in a better conference, ie preferential treatment on getting in the tournament and seeding once there and TV money, they only have two more tournament wins? Does that make them one of the most underachieving programs of all time?

I can clearly see now why some of their fans claim UConn is their real rival! I mean they have won twice as many tournament games as UConn's won championships! Double! How can us dumb URI fans not see how much closer they are to UConn than little old RI?!
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago
rhodysurf wrote: 5 months ago Article on ESPN… love this, for the shit we get for sucking we have only two less tournament wins all time lolol

With every advantage that comes from being in a better conference, ie preferential treatment on getting in the tournament and seeding once there and TV money, they only have two more tournament wins? Does that make them one of the most underachieving programs of all time?

I can clearly see now why some of their fans claim UConn is their real rival! I mean they have won twice as many tournament games as UConn's won championships! Double! How can us dumb URI fans not see how much closer they are to UConn than little old RI?!
Prior to their sweet 16 last year it was the same amount, which is hilarious to me. Insanely underachieving IMO
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not quite.

They are only counting NCAA wins since 1985 when it expanded.

Left out PCs Final Four and sweet 16 runs in the 70s.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago

Not quite.

Left out PCs final four and sweet 16 runs in the 70s.
It specifically said the modern era. Which is a fair cut line.

And does nothing to diminish the point that with numerous advantages - conference, location, revenue - their ROI is not great. And certainly no where near the level of their fans hubris.
5 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Sure PC looked really good against Wagner after getting uncharacteristically hot from three.

Idk though, it doesn't feel that improbable to me. It would feel too good to be true to win, but it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world. Getting blown out would also not be shocking lol.

It's just hard to tell what we are going to get with this team. Just added Bilau, other players are finding themselves and it looks like we took a huge step against Yale. I certainly wouldn't bet on this thing, but I am leaning towards PC in a dogfight.

That said, I will close this post with a prayer.

Please NCAA, oh lord and savior of amateurism, let our brother, our son David Green play basketball this weekend. Release him from your beaurocratic clutches and onto the hardwood.

In NIL's name we pray, #FreeGreen.
2 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago

Not quite.

Left out PCs final four and sweet 16 runs in the 70s.
It specifically said the modern era. Which is a fair cut line.

And does nothing to diminish the point that with numerous advantages - conference, location, revenue - their ROI is not great. And certainly no where near the level of their fans hubris.
PC fans have every reason to be confident. I'll agree with you that the tournament success in recent years has been underwhelming, but I'm also someone who would much rather get to the dance and lose, then not make it at all. That's not saying I'm excited about the prospect of losing, but I'd rather make 8 tournaments in 10 years and win 3 games, then make far less tournaments and have the same (or close to) amount of wins.

PC fans should be excited about their conference, their program resources, TV deal, etc. Need to punch through more in the tournament, remains to be seen what Kim English is able to do in that department. But PC and its fans should be happy with where PC is and where it is hopefully going.
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RJ, I’m curious what, if anything, about URI’s team concerns you going into Saturday’s game.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Rhody74 wrote: 5 months ago RJ, I’m curious what, if anything, about URI’s team concerns you going into Saturday’s game.
Honestly, there isn't much that worries me about you guys, as much as our guys not beating themselves.

PC gets great dribble penetration but so far this year has struggled shooting from the perimeter, last night an exception.

They are going to struggle to score if URI collapses in the paint and they can't knock down their open looks.

Defensively we are very strong, but the hole is if Oduro gets in foul trouble and there are extended minutes for Castro. Castro brings great energy and can be a highlight reel at times, but he lacks basketball IQ and can be exploited defensively, especially in the pick and roll.

If our guys show up and play solid, we should roll you, perhaps a game similar to '21 where you have some runs to make it interesting but just not enough to withstand the waves thrown their way.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

lol, case in point.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

FYI - The last 3 games have been decided by 14 points exactly. Will that trend continue on Saturday?

2019: URI Wins 75-61
2021: PC Wins 66-52
2022: PC Wins 88-74
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I'm feeling a URI win!!!!!
4 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

I'm trying to be somewhat optimistic here, but this game has a 20+ point loss written all over it. We've been manhandled by the 3 decent teams we've faced (minus a 20 minute stretch vs Yale). Now were going into a hostile environment against a team who has a clear talent advantage over us. I know rivalry games have a way of neutralizing a talent difference, but our guys are just not there yet. We'll have stretches of competitiveness and I think we'll play extremely hard and I'm sure Archie will have some different rotations, but I don't think the outcome will ever be in doubt, hope I'm wrong.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I don't think our guys are prepared for the atmosphere they are going to find in that building. Sometimes games get hyped up, and then they fail to match the hype. URI traveling to Providence is not going to fail to deliver, the kind of atmosphere that most of these guys have not seen at this level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's kind of akin of being in the Roman Colosseum, where the Christians are being fed to the lions and the mob is calling for blood. Caesar is giving the crowd the big thumbs down, meaning the lions are going to be let loose and have free reign to play with their food before they eat it. Lot's of legs going all over the place in a panic to start the game, time out being called in record time to try in a futile effort to settle the team's nerves. Crowd baying for blood, roaring at a fever pitch, as the visiting team calls the timeout and they cut to commercial.

I'm not sure there is any way to account for that in practice.

That is not to say that beating PC is impossible, but if they get psyched out early, that usually does not bode well.

I think if Fuchs is in to start the game, they could go down double digits early and be playing catch up the rest of the game. That does not bode well. This isn't Yale at the Ryan, where the visitor's hoop is like the Bermuda Triangle, and shots go to die. It's going to be very difficult to mount that kind of a comeback.

I don't see Archie implementing a zone defense, unless he intends to shock literally everybody in the building paying attention. That would be like Rocky switching from southpaw to face Apollo Creed.

Which means URI is going to have to have two full halves like that second half against Yale. They have to come out of the locker room like that both times, and run their defense, and hope that PC's outside shots are not falling, and not waste energy out there.
2 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago lol, case in point.
Not at all, we are a more talented team, a more athletic team, and we are playing at home and should have a noticeable home-court advantage. That's not to say you can't win, but if we play our game there isn't one thing you do that should be able to flip that script. I don't think that is that far-fetched when you are talking about two programs nearly 150 spaces apart in KenPom.
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 5 months ago
Rhody74 wrote: 5 months ago RJ, I’m curious what, if anything, about URI’s team concerns you going into Saturday’s game.
Honestly, there isn't much that worries me about you guys, as much as our guys not beating themselves.

PC gets great dribble penetration but so far this year has struggled shooting from the perimeter, last night an exception.

They are going to struggle to score if URI collapses in the paint and they can't knock down their open looks.

Defensively we are very strong, but the hole is if Oduro gets in foul trouble and there are extended minutes for Castro. Castro brings great energy and can be a highlight reel at times, but he lacks basketball IQ and can be exploited defensively, especially in the pick and roll.

If our guys show up and play solid, we should roll you, perhaps a game similar to '21 where you have some runs to make it interesting but just not enough to withstand the waves thrown their way.
Hopkins is softttt on defense and if you get Oduro in foul trouble it exposes the weakness in the front court. I think PCs guards are too good defensively to let URI get downhill consistently like they would need to in order to make that happen tho.
I don't think that is that far-fetched when you are talking about two programs nearly 150 spaces apart in KenPom.
Arent pre season weights still decently heavy at this point?
2 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rhodysurf wrote: 5 months ago Arent pre season weights still decently heavy at this point?
Re: KenPom, while true, both teams are out-performing their preseason KenPom ranks, so even if you argue preseason weighting is adversely impacting one, it is also adversely impacting the other. With no preseason impact, the teams would still be approximately 120-130 spots apart.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Not quite.

And you still insist that you're not a PC fan. :roll:
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 months ago

Not quite.

lol so many people here have said they think we’re gonna get blown out.

I give a detailed opinion on what I think we need to do to have a shot to win and it’s crickets.

Provide a little bit of context to a post and get called a PC fan yet again.

Just too funny.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Not quite.

I give a detailed opinion on what I think we need to do to have a shot to win and it’s crickets.

Just too funny.
You defended and sided with PC, our hated rival, in a discussion. That's all I need to know.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Just too funny.
You defended and sided with PC, our hated rival, in a discussion. That's all I need to know.
He went against the family during URI/PC week.

“Never go against the family.”

His punishment….a big wet kiss on the lips from Luca Brasi after Luca swims with the fishes.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

When looking at URI's chances in the game, consider this sobering fact - URI has not beaten the Friars in Providence since 2002. It has been two decades with nine straight losses for URI in the capital city. Furthermore, URI hasn't fared a whole lot better in recent years at home in the Ryan Center as it's last win was back in 2019. The series as of late has been very much dominated regardless of site by PC with them winning ten of the last twelve games.
Last edited by RF1 5 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RF1 wrote: 5 months ago When looking at URI's chances in the game, consider this sobering fact - URI has not beaten the Friars in Providence since 2002. It has been two decades with nine straight losses for URI in the capital city. Furthermore, URI hasn't fared a whole lot better in recent years at home in the Ryan Center as it's last win back in 2019. The series has been very much dominated regardless of site by PC as of late as the Friars have won ten of the last twelve games.
It hasn't been good.
Don't see that changing on Saturday.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RF1 wrote: 5 months ago When looking at URI's chances in the game, consider this sobering fact - URI has not beaten the Friars in Providence since 2002. It has been two decades with nine straight losses for URI in the capital city. Furthermore, URI hasn't fared a whole lot better in recent years at home in the Ryan Center as it's last win back in 2019. The series has been very much dominated regardless of site by PC as of late as the Friars have won ten of the last twelve games.
Well we all know Dan couldn't beat pc. And Cox, well he couldn't beat anyone. So now we have Archie Miller, who beat pc when he was at Dayton in the NCAAT and beat pc at Indiana. Let's see what happens.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Not at all, we are a more talented team, a more athletic team, and we are playing at home and should have a noticeable home-court advantage. That's not to say you can't win, but if we play our game there isn't one thing you do that should be able to flip that script. I don't think that is that far-fetched when you are talking about two programs nearly 150 spaces apart in KenPom.
I hate to agree with you. I’m hoping we can keep it under 10 points.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm saying Rhody by 3. Sure they could lose by 20, but that's what I'm saying.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Well the question is, how much more talented and athletic is PC? Not sure if it's by all that much. Hopkins will be the most talented player in this game, but Zek Montgomery is probably the second most talented. Are PC's guards that much more athletic than Kortright, House, Estevez and Always? Bilau had 16 points in the PC game last year.

PC has played better as a team for sure. A lot more continuity between the Ed Cooley holdovers and Oduro and Gaines have been together for years.

Rhody took a pretty big step in a week between Mohegan and Yale. Who knows how much better they are by Saturday, especially with less Fuchs and more Bilau.
2 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I'm feeling a URI win!!!!!
2 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Do I expect us to win this game? I don't. However, reading through this thread you'd think we are playing Duke in Cameron (where btw we almost pulled off one of the greatest upsets ever, but I digress). We have yet to string together two good halves against the stronger opponents we've played, but who's to say we can't start with this game? I agree with PRT that we're pretty damn athletic ourselves. If our guys really come to play and embrace the physicality and intensity (crashing the boards and playing tough D), plus Arch does a good job with the lineups both halves, anything can happen. Let's get some good juju going for the team here, this ain't a PC board for cryin' out loud!
4 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

spar wrote: 4 months ago Do I expect us to win this game? I don't. However, reading through this thread you'd think we are playing Duke in Cameron (where btw we almost pulled off one of the greatest upsets ever, but I digress). We have yet to string together two good halves against the stronger opponents we've played, but who's to say we can't start with this game? I agree with PRT that we're pretty damn athletic ourselves. If our guys really come to play and embrace the physicality and intensity (crashing the boards and playing tough D), plus Arch does a good job with the lineups both halves, anything can happen. Let's get some good juju going for the team here, this ain't a PC board for cryin' out loud!
It's been said a bunch already, but to reiterate, CANNOT have a slow start. Hang from the beginning at a minimum and we have a chance.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago
spar wrote: 4 months ago Do I expect us to win this game? I don't. However, reading through this thread you'd think we are playing Duke in Cameron (where btw we almost pulled off one of the greatest upsets ever, but I digress). We have yet to string together two good halves against the stronger opponents we've played, but who's to say we can't start with this game? I agree with PRT that we're pretty damn athletic ourselves. If our guys really come to play and embrace the physicality and intensity (crashing the boards and playing tough D), plus Arch does a good job with the lineups both halves, anything can happen. Let's get some good juju going for the team here, this ain't a PC board for cryin' out loud!
It's been said a bunch already, but to reiterate, CANNOT have a slow start. Hang from the beginning at a minimum and we have a chance.
Yup. We need a good start. Prove to ourselves and them we belong and they aren’t going to F with us!

Start our best players - including Bilau, even though he is on a minutes restriction.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 months ago
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too , we hit a couple 3s early and get out to an early lead then the confidence goes up from there
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

SGreenwell wrote: 5 months ago
KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago

Dusty May somehow managed to keep all the FAU kids when they had less NIL than us. Don't think SDSU had a mass exodus either. Obviously multiple other winning teams did lose kids though.

NIL is important, but isn't the end all be all. Winning still matters to some, evident by a mid major final four team keeping all their guys.
I think going to the Final Four may be the only thing that’s close to a magic bullet lol.

Hard for another program to recruit/steal a kid away with anything other than $ in that case. What’s the pitch “Come here and you can hopefully make the Final Four here too?”

So yes winning matters a lot, directionally. But WINNING WINNING means everything. And only 4 teams a year get that far.
There were 17 players named to All-Conference teams from the A-10 last year. (At least, I think so.) Of those:

- 6 remain with their original team.
- 3 transferred because their coach took a new job or got fired.
- 6 graduated or went pro.
- 1 was a graduate transfer.
- 1 transferred to a college in New Zealand, his homeland.

If you extend it to the all-freshmen team, then one player actually transferred down (Dayton to San Fran), presumably for family reasons, and RJ Luis went from UMass to St. John's. The other three remain with their original teams. So across 22 players, you essentially had 1 transfer (Luis) that seems like a "mercenary" or monetary-based one.

It sucks that we lost Leggett, who was on the cusp of the all-conference teams, but I think we're probably glad that the looser transfer rules mean that other players on the roster weren't tethered to our team for multiple years. In years past, there are plenty of examples of guys who hung around for multiple years on the roster instead of transferring immediately. If guys like Tertsea and Matthew Butler could have transferred without sitting, they probably would have, like Samb and Thomas and others did this off-season.
Yep, the rules that led to Ish's departure, are the same ones that enabled Rhody to (thankfully) flip the roster.
It's like they traded the one guy they had that could play, for 4 or 5 guys that can play. (Huge) Advantage Rhody.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Just read a bunch of cars were broken into during the pc-Wagner game. Smashed windows and stuff stolen. Hide your valuables if you are parking on the street Saturday.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Win the battle of the boards

Less than 12 TOs

Make them a perimeter shooting / iso team - don't allow them to play through Oduro. Oduro is a tremendous passer out of double teams, we will need to dig down responsibly but largely try to cover him 1 on 1. Bilau gives us the best chance for that tho no clue on minutes limitation for him.

They can be had.

Thus far they aren't a good shooting team, don't have much depth behind Oruro and if Pierre doesn't play they have deficiencies at PG.
Still a massive test for a team with little experience in these situations but....we also aren't playing Uconn.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Villanova was had at their place
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Just read a bunch of cars were broken into during the pc-Wagner game. Smashed windows and stuff stolen. Hide your valuables if you are parking on the street Saturday.
https://turnto10.com/news/local/multipl ... er-29-2023

So you've got to deal with this shit outside of the arena and their fans inside? Yeah, I'll watch on TV.

Providence as a city really needs to get its shit together
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Like I know the history and stuff...but my God we're not going into Phog Allen.

Not to take anything away from PC. The AMP is a notoriously tough place to play, and they have the best player on the floor. But holy shit Dave Cox got all of our fans defeated.

We haven't won at PC since 2002 because of Jim Baron, a subsequent rebuild of Jim Baron, and David Cox - during arguably the best 10 year run at PC during one of our worst.

Those years have no bearing on this year. And despite the fact that we're in a rebuild - we actually have talent and shooting on this team.

I've seen far worse URI teams come within a basket of beating good PC teams.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago Like I know the history and stuff...but my God we're not going into Phog Allen.

Not to take anything away from PC. The AMP is a notoriously tough place to play, and they have the best player on the floor. But holy shit Dave Cox got all of our fans defeated.

We haven't won at PC since 2002 because of Jim Baron, a subsequent rebuild of Jim Baron, and David Cox - during arguably the best 10 year run at PC during one of our worst.

Those years have no bearing on this year. And despite the fact that we're in a rebuild - we actually have talent and shooting on this team.

Best chance we've had their recently was with Hurley the year we lost to Oregon (F Dillon Brooks then and F Dillon Brooks now).

EC side step 25 footer at the buzzer was an airball to tie it.

Shit I'd take that scenario right now with the ball in Zek's hands.
3 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 4 months ago Like I know the history and stuff...but my God we're not going into Phog Allen.

Yeah, anytime we've had decent teams we haven't had a hard time competing.

The Baron NIT teams had plenty of PC wins. Dan's NCAA teams got a win and competed really well otherwise. Cox's only good team won easily. PC has feasted on the rebuilding Rhody teams, especially in that period from 2011 on. A bunch of awful teams.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago
theblueram wrote: 4 months ago Just read a bunch of cars were broken into during the pc-Wagner game. Smashed windows and stuff stolen. Hide your valuables if you are parking on the street Saturday.

So you've got to deal with this shit outside of the arena and their fans inside? Yeah, I'll watch on TV.

Couldn't agree more. Mayor Smiley has no idea how much better the city was when the Mob ran it.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

It's a rivalry game (and college basketball where crazy shit happens all the time), so absolutely anything can happen and I'm not counting us out before the game even starts that's for sure. But for me my biggest concern is probably this being our first true road game with this team. It'll be really interesting to see how they handle that.

It hasn't been talked about much, but some of my concern about that comes from hearing that a players only meeting was needed after the Mohegan games. And some of Archie's comments about how this team handles adversity so far. I feel like it's a little bit of a red flag that things like that are going on just a few games in to the season, but its probably also expected somewhat with a bunch of new faces learning to play together. So I'm not trying to make too big of a deal out of it, and I have faith they can overcome it as the season progresses, but it does concern me a little for this game in particular.

With that said, F PC and GO RHODY!!
Last edited by adam914 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 months ago

It's probably their fans who are breaking into cars.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago It's a rivalry game (and college basketball where crazy shit happens all the time), so absolutely anything can happen and I'm not counting us out before the game even starts that's for sure. But for me my biggest concern is probably this being our first true road game with this team. It'll be really interesting to see how they handle that.

It hasn't been talked about much, but some of my concern about that comes from hearing that a players only meeting was needed after the Mohegan games. And some of Archie's comments about how this team handles adversity so far. I feel like it's a little bit of a red flag that things like that are going on just a few games in to the season, but its probably also expected somewhat with a bunch of new faces learning to play together. So I'm not trying to make too big of a deal out of it, and I have faith they can overcome it as the season progresses, but it does concern me a little for this game in particular.

That's my biggest concern too. Will they go out there and look overwhelmed again? Have we learned our lesson? Gotta be ready to go to war.

Its one thing to play hard, but PC still hits a bunch of tough shots and pulls away, but it's another thing to go out there, be weak with the ball and look discombobulated out there.

If he trots Fuchs out there to start I'll be holding my breath....him initiating the offense at the top of the key is 🤮
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 months ago
adam914 wrote: 4 months ago It's a rivalry game (and college basketball where crazy shit happens all the time), so absolutely anything can happen and I'm not counting us out before the game even starts that's for sure. But for me my biggest concern is probably this being our first true road game with this team. It'll be really interesting to see how they handle that.

That's my biggest concern too. Will they go out there and look overwhelmed again? Have we learned our lesson? Gotta be ready to go to war.

Its one thing to play hard, but PC still hits a bunch of tough shots and pulls away, but it's another thing to go out there, be weak with the ball and look discombobulated out there.

If he trots Fuchs out there to start I'll be holding my breath....him initiating the offense at the top of the key is 🤮
I will say though, I have liked the high low action we've been getting with our bigs.

1-3 times a game one of our big guys from the foul line gives a perfect pass down low for an easy layup.

Half the time it looks like it'll be a turnover but it drops perfectly into our guys' hands for a bucket.
1 x
Go Rhody