Garrett Johnson Interview

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Garrett Johnson Interview

Unread post by sbrand »

Hey Guys,

I am interviewing a member of George Washington student sports media about freshman sensation Garrett Johnson who recovered from a rare cancer that required 9 rounds of chemo. He played his first two games and starred after being out of the game for three years.

Any questions?
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: Garrett Johnson Interview

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Interesting story, Scott. Chemo can be debilitating and can have long term consequences, like nerve damage, for instance.

That said, does he feel as though - athletically and strength-wise - he is back to where he was or better than he was prior to the 9 treatments ?

Big props to the young man. 👍🏼
0 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Here it is. Good intel on GW who can be a top 5 team in A10

0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

There is zero shot george washington is a top 5 team.
0 x
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

GW 3 in latest A10 Power Rankings
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Please don’t quote A10 talk. Their power rankings are as informed as if they were coming from my three year old.
5 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Power rankings always will and always have meant nothing.

If you watch the teams play it is very clear george washington is no way near top of league.

Not a shot they finish higher than

Dayton
VCU
Duquesne
Davidson
St Joes

George washington just lost to UIC (Illinois Chicago) by 10.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

sevegny7 wrote: 5 months ago Power rankings always will and always have meant nothing.

If you watch the teams play it is very clear george washington is no way near top of league.

Dayton
VCU
Duquesne
Davidson
St Joes

Davidson is 3-3 with losses against East Tenn St and a 30+ loss to a weaker St Mary’s team.

St Joes lost at home to something called Texas A&M Commerce, who is still transitioning to D1 as they were D2 a two seasons ago.

Those teams can’t automatically be slotted above GW with the talent that is on their roster.
0 x
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I think the A-10 is improved this year, but most of the teams have a pretty awful loss on their resume already, or like us, they might have one decent win. I'd be surprised is anyone is as bad as we or Loyola were last year, but we don't have any clear at-large teams either. Short of Dayton in the bottom three, I don't think there is any order to the standings that would truly surprise me.
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago
sevegny7 wrote: 5 months ago Power rankings always will and always have meant nothing.

Dayton
VCU
Duquesne
Davidson
St Joes

Davidson is 3-3 with losses against East Tenn St and a 30+ loss to a weaker St Mary’s team.

St Joes lost at home to something called Texas A&M Commerce, who is still transitioning to D1 as they were D2 a two seasons ago.

Those teams can’t automatically be slotted above GW with the talent that is on their roster.
Okay yeah but Davidson also beat Maryland and had Clemson on the ropes on a Neutral site.

St joes went to OT versus Kentucky and could have very easily won that game.

George washington has no good wins. And just looking at talent for talent those 5 teams listed above is much better than George washington.

I think George washington has only two good players. Maximus edwards and James bishop.

Outside that. Blahhh
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

George washington will also have one of the easiest strengths of schedules in NON Con
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

sevegny7 wrote: 5 months ago

Dayton
VCU
Duquesne
Davidson
St Joes

Okay yeah but Davidson also beat Maryland and had Clemson on the ropes on a Neutral site.

George washington has no good wins. And just looking at talent for talent those 5 teams listed above is much better than George washington.

I think George washington has only two good players. Maximus edwards and James bishop.

Outside that. Blahhh
Freshmen forwards Johnson and Buchanan don't look like stiffs, need to give them props.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Jersey77 wrote: 5 months ago

Outside that. Blahhh
Freshmen forwards Johnson and Buchanan don't look like stiffs, need to give them props.
No one can fully judge a team this early in the season. Wait till the beginning of February and then we'll see who's actually at the top vs bottom.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 5 months ago

Outside that. Blahhh
No one can fully judge a team this early in the season. Wait till the beginning of February and then we'll see who's actually at the top vs bottom.
That's true 22, no way to tell yet.
Some teams are also currently dealing with injuries, so we will see what happens come conference play.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Outside that. Blahhh
No early season judging sounds like no fun to me.

Flip ( “Here come the judge”) Wilson would be very disappointed with both of you.

An old Laugh In variety show reference for my over 60 KB friends.
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

That's true 22, no way to tell yet.
Some teams are also currently dealing with injuries, so we will see what happens come conference play.
bingo
0 x