11/26 | Yale | 4:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 11/26 | Yale | 4:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Cam has been impressive with the ball in his hands. If he’s healthy, I think Always is in danger of most of his minutes.

Luis, house and Zek are known quantities

You mix and match the four bigs every game till a clear tier emerges on who deserves the most minutes. Or at worst it’s a game by game varying minutes distribution riding hot hands and effort

Weston and Cam primary two bench scorers

Always a break glass ball handler if guards are in foul trouble

Green is not part of the equation until he is. Then everything goes out the window
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 5 months ago

Green hasn’t been Hyped up as much as Fuchs as by Archie.

“One of the best freshman in the country” and “one of the best freshman in the A10” have been said about Fuchs.

Few people here ate that up just because Archie said it.

Those were ridiculous expectations, we’re seeing now that most likely won’t happen.
Ya, Archie hasn't hyped up anyone as much as he did Fuchs. Due to the expectations, I would always ask fans, media, players, and staff who watched practices about Fuchs, and they would say Fuchs was a monster and built like a vet, but Green was the name that was always brought up as one of the players standing out.

I would say Archie calling Green the X factor is a big expectation, though.

Regarding the "X-FACTOR" question from the Almanac, Archie said it's David Green. He believes that Green would have a "massive impact."

Archie said "He’s that complementary power forward that can stretch the floor. We’re giving him more freedom this year to play, and he’s been more capable than we imagined. He’s a very good rebounder and defender and is the key ingredient to what we’re doing.”

I know it's tough for you to believe it, but it is possible that Green is going to be one of our better players, and he'll help this team. And if he's not, I'm sure you'll love it, but that doesn't change the fact that he was standing out in practices this offseason. He was also $$ in the scrimmage and looked fantastic. All we can do is go off what he's done so far. Clearly, Archie can overhype his guys like a lot of coaches do, but I think it's reasonable to have high expectations for Green. I think he's a starter and at a minimum, he would be our 3rd option next to House and Zek.

Regarding Fuchs, why wouldn't we trust the head coach of our team when he says good things about Fuchs? Are you going to confront him and call him out because Fuchs isn't as good as he claimed so far? Or do you only do that behind a keyboard?
Fuchs is definitely built like a grown man, I said he looked like an FBS linebacker at the scrimmage.

Green also looked tremendous in the scrimmage.

And yea, just based on his Zek’s looked and performed, I can’t say Green would be better.

House and Green probably rotate 2/3 options depending on who’s having the better game.

And I don’t just blindly believe everything my favorite teams’ coach says, I need to see it first.

One of the best freshman in the country/A10 is an extremely extremely high bar to put on a player.

I’m just not the type to believe anything and everything a coach says.

Some people do believe anything, some don't, need to wait and see. It is what it is.
I think we all felt like the best freshman in the country was an outrageous statement. The first thing I said about Fuchs when we signed him was that he looked like a project. So, when Archie said he's one of the best freshmen in the A10 and the country, I was very surprised. I don't understand why he did. It's a little confusing, but I trust good coaches' eye for talent. I think with Green, we should have more faith since a lot of good basketball minds have said he stood out. Diasno said it. Woodward. Some old-school Rhody fans who know the game incredibly well all said the same thing to me. A few of the players I spoke with told me that he looked awesome in practice. I don't know how good he will be, and some guys are incredible practice players but suck in games. Hopefully, that's not the case with Green.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

The almanac had a great write up on Yale that I’m trying to copy and paste but it’s not working for me…
Last edited by steveystuds06 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Big bounce back game for us tomorrow (I am not including the J&W game as that was - to me, anyway - an exhibition game), imho. An opportunity to get some swag back after being overmatched last weekend.

Should be a tight game with anxious moments but we are home so I will give us a slight edge for a nail biter win.

However, for that to happen tomorrow, we will need House to bounce back, shoot well from the line, get some bench scoring from Weston and Cam and the bigs will need to play harder and tougher - as some have mentioned here the past several days.

Right now I don’t think we have much room for error but that doesn’t mean that won’t change for the better as the season progresses. I think a win tomorrow help speeds up the progress.

Go Rhody!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 5 months ago

Yup. I think the commentators on ESPN said Green is our best player as well, so it's not just Archie hyping him up. He played 6 games last year, so SURELY the NCAA can let him play 2nd semester. Would be bullshit imo if he has to sit an entire year.
Green hasn’t been Hyped up as much as Fuchs as by Archie.

“One of the best freshman in the country” and “one of the best freshman in the A10” have been said about Fuchs.

Few people here ate that up just because Archie said it.

Those were ridiculous expectations, we’re seeing now that most likely won’t happen.
Green would be our first or second most impactful player. 1A and 1B with Montgomery. He does two things well that we need- hits the wing/corner 3 and rebounds. He’s also a vocal guy and in the practice I saw along with Luis was the most close to a team leader in regards to the intangibles.
Then throw in Jaden as 1C and that’s a solid 3 DG , Zek and Jaden , then throw all the solid role players in there
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I think our bigs need to train with ROTC for a few days. Maybe a blanket party? Helped when I saw a couple of them.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Will the students show up tomorrow?
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 months ago Will the students show up tomorrow?
Bad day/time to get a true read on the state of student interest

Most kids went home for Thanksgiving and will be coming back tomorrow
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago

It's always something...
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 months ago

It's always something...
Dude, stop. This team hasn't been good since 2019, just cut it out with the negativity towards the students. They will show when the team wins more and more games.
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

It's always something...
Dude, stop. This team hasn't been good since 2019, just cut it out with the negativity towards the students. They will show when the team wins more and more games.
So you are saying the students are just fly by fans? You know, jump on a good time and all? But they won't show support unless they are NCAA at large eligible? Is that what you are saying? If so, that is some weak sauce.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It's always something...
Geesh. It's free. They get DD gift cards. They're making out. I've heard of fair weather fans when you have to pay large amounts for tickets, but not for free tickets and free stuff. I'll believe it when I see it if they start showing up when we win. And if they do that's the definition of a fair weather fan. If this program is going to be successful, the students have to start showing up. Otherwise, it's a vicious cycle of mediocrity or failure.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

It's always something...
Geesh. It's free. They get DD gift cards. They're making out. I've heard of fair weather fans when you have to pay large amounts for tickets, but not for free tickets and free stuff. I'll believe it when I see it if they start showing up when we win. And if they do that's the definition of a fair weather fan. If this program is going to be successful, the students have to start showing up. Otherwise, it's a vicious cycle of mediocrity or failure.
What's your solution? You whine so much about them not showing up, but we don't have a single big win in the last 3 years
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

What's your solution? You whine so much about them not showing up, but we don't have a single big win in the last 3 years
"Better" free stuff.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

No consistent win over the recent memory of current students = no attendance.
6 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

There is no solution. Kids today don't care. Can't change that.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Ok, then let it be. They'll show when we aren't shit.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

OK, we'll see.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago

"Better" free stuff.
I mean...they've legalized here...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I guess about 4K tomorrow give or take a couple thousand
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I've said this before, but....my freshman year, we started out 0-14. The lower bowl of Keaney was packed every game with students. I know. I know. Times have changed. I'll let it go. But it still pisses me off.
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

OK, we'll see.
BB78, FWIW I understand your frustration. The RC is a much harder place to play when the student section is packed, standing and loud. I've given up on the students already. We won like 11 games in a row in 19/20 and barely any showed up to one of those home games. It might've been the Saint Joe's one.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

OK, we'll see.
BB78, FWIW I understand your frustration. The RC is a much harder place to play when the student section is packed, standing and loud. I've given up on the students already. We won like 11 games in a row in 19/20 and barely any showed up to one of those home games. It might've been the Saint Joe's one.
Exactly. We both want the program to be successful again. Filling those 1500 seats (I think that's what it is, right?) is so important to help make that happen.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote: 5 months ago

It's always something...
So you are saying the students are just fly by fans? You know, jump on a good time and all? But they won't show support unless they are NCAA at large eligible? Is that what you are saying? If so, that is some weak sauce.
Our whole fanbase is that way. I’m not going to come down on students…including grad students…who haven’t seen a single meaningful or even semi-meaningful win in their entire student career.

The Ryan Center seats 7600. Student allotment is 2k. Even in the face of all that shit Dave Cox basketball, the students more than held up their end of the bargain and went beyond the 2k number a few times. How many times has the rest of our fanbase hit anywhere close to those remaining 5600 seats?

I’m for sure not going to call out the students who actually make noise when there, when the majority of the stiffs that do show up in the remaining seats can’t get there by tip-off, can’t stay past the U4, and won’t be bothered to yell.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 months ago I've said this before, but....my freshman year, we started out 0-14. The lower bowl of Keaney was packed every game with students. I know. I know. Times have changed. I'll let it go. But it still pisses me off.
Wow that’s crazy and goes to show how the times have changed in 50 years absolutely mind boggling
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Tell that to the team 30 minutes up the road kids don’t care.

That place used to be a snoozefest the majority of their home games.

Yea sure a sellout every now and then, but not like it is today.

Some of our game at The Dunk used to not even sell out against them.

Consistently winning, with a Big East title and Sweet 16 appearance season and the kids are out in full force at their games.
Last edited by Rhody15 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 5 months ago I guess about 4K tomorrow give or take a couple thousand
“Give or take a couple thousand”

So you’re thinking we may get 2K, but also maybe 6K?

???
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyram22
ARD

OK, we'll see.
Exactly. We both want the program to be successful again. Filling those 1500 seats (I think that's what it is, right?) is so important to help make that happen.
100% wish we had a student section like Dayton or VCU’s.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

No way Keaney used to sell out when the alternative was sitting in a dorm watching paint dry?!

Students will show up when the team wins, just like the rest of our fan base…
2 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Not sure I would even show up and subject myself to both watching a losing team & listening to Yorke at the same time if I was a student. :lol:
2 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Fuchs and brown need to grow a set and knock some teeth out tomorrow.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 5 months ago I guess about 4K tomorrow give or take a couple thousand
“Give or take a couple thousand”

So you’re thinking we may get 2K, but also maybe 6K?

???
It's pretty clear Reef meant hundred and not thousand
Just a simple typo
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

100% wish we had a student section like Dayton or VCU’s.
100 % wish we a sustained basketball program like Dayton or VCU…..
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Will be interesting to see how Miller allocates Playing time today for all roster but especially Fuchs and Wright.......

Vs Washington State freshmen Fuchs played only 16 min and Wright only 6

Vs J&W Miller played Wright and Fuchs 21 minutes each

Fuchs responded with a game hi 13 rebounds

Wright had himself a game in his 21 minutes:
  • 2nd to Fuchs' game hi with 8 rebounds himself
  • Game hi 4 assists (Dubsky was 2nd with 3 assists)
  • Game hi 4 steals. URI had only 5 total steals with Ray Allen Jr getting the other. J&W had 3 steals. So Wright had half the total game steals
  • Had an amazing +38
Wrights assists were to Montgomery 3P, Brown Jumper, Weston layup, Stewart layup

Whatever you think of Wright he makes things happen including freshman mistakes. But wow the upside :roll: :o
0 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

83-67 Yale. Hope I’m wrong
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote: 5 months ago Will be interesting to see how Miller allocates Playing time today for all roster but especially Fuchs and Wright.......

• Game hi 4 steals. URI had only 5 total steals with Ray Allen Jr getting the other. J&W had 3 steals. So Wright had half the total game steals
  • Had an amazing +38
Wrights assists were to Montgomery 3P, Brown Jumper, Weston layup, Stewart layup

Whatever you think of Wright he makes things happen including freshman mistakes. But wow the upside :roll: :o
Don’t think you can draw any conclusions based on someone’s performance vs Johnson & Wales
6 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago Will be interesting to see how Miller allocates Playing time today for all roster but especially Fuchs and Wright.......

• Had an amazing +38

Don’t think you can draw any conclusions based on someone’s performance vs Johnson & Wales
Hey people drew tons of conclusions with the 1st 3 wins vs 300+ opponents
And if you lead with 13 rebounds as Fuchs did and Game hi Steals and assists like Wright did then why didn't others who got more minutes perform as well or better?

And as I said, will be interesting what Millers conclusions were - mine don't matter

And btw
How many drew conclusions on Weston's performance vs Johnson & Wales? Didn't see you question those conclusions :roll: :roll:
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not a fan of this 4 o'clock start. I mean, if they're going to have a game start at 4...they should at least sell some kind of food in the arena...
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago

• Had an amazing +38

And if you lead with 13 rebounds as Fuchs did and Game hi Steals and assists like Wright did then why didn't others who got more minutes perform as well or better?

And as I said, will be interesting what Millers conclusions were - mine don't matter

And btw
How many drew conclusions on Weston's performance vs Johnson & Wales? Didn't see you question those conclusions :roll: :roll:
We drew conclusions against in the first three games because they were D1 teams, no matter how bad they were.

Very simple.

JWU stats and performances mean absolutely nothing.
3 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And btw
We drew conclusions against the first three teams because they were D1 teams, no matter how bad they were.

Very simple.

So again,
Why did so many go Ga-ga over Weston and you and Kingston Lane say nothing but when I mention Fuchs and Wright you admonish me.
And again,
How do you know what Miller and staff think? Do you honestly believe the efforts of players and non efforts of players go unnoted because it's J&W?
And if the game means absolutely nothing then why play it? Seriously, why play it?

Look back at the J&W thread and see how many posters made observations and drew conclusions. Without going back I'd bet you and Kingstown Lane made some yourselves. That's your homework assignment.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

And btw
We drew conclusions against the first three teams because they were D1 teams, no matter how bad they were.

Very simple.

So again,
Why did so many go Ga-ga over Weston and you and Kingston Lane say nothing but when I mention Fuchs and Wright you admonish me.
And again,
How do you know what Miller and staff think? Do you honestly believe the efforts of players and non efforts of players go unnoted because it's J&W?
And if the game means absolutely nothing then why play it? Seriously, why play it?

Look back at the J&W thread and see how many posters made observations and drew conclusions. Without going back I'd bet you and Kingstown Lane made some yourselves. That's your homework assignment.
Welp you’re wrong again. Shocker.

I said this game doesn’t count towards our NET and the walk ons, Rory, Dubksy should start.

Posted zero during or after the game because I couldn’t care less how anyone looked.

Can’t draw many conclusions when you’re playing against a team with a bunch of RIIL public schools kids.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

And btw

Very simple.

So again,
And again,

The $6,400 question...
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

And btw

Very simple.

So again,
And again,

Because Weston played well against CCSU in the first game of the season. Played serviceable then against Fairfield in the 2nd game too. And already showed last year he’s capable of competing against A10 opponents

I have full confidence in Weston and didn’t need to see him prove it again

I’m happy he’s healthy more than anything else.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rhodysurf wrote: 5 months ago No way Keaney used to sell out when the alternative was sitting in a dorm watching paint dry?!

Students will show up when the team wins, just like the rest of our fan base…
Drinking age was 18 and there was a Pub on campus, bands in the Rams Den,keg block parties. Sometimes we would just chill and TALK to each other. :) We had plenty to do both on campus and in the bars in 'Gansett. If anything, there was a lot MORE to do on campus in the 70s.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Very simple.

So again,
And again,

I said this game doesn’t count towards our NET and the walk ons, Rory, Dubksy should start.

Posted zero during or after the game because I couldn’t care less how anyone looked.

Can’t draw many conclusions when you’re playing against a team with a bunch of RIIL public schools kids.
Wrong again?
You said performances mean nothing in this game

I said
Will be interesting to see how Miller allocates Playing time today for all roster but especially Fuchs and Wright.......

How is that wrong?
I said it would be interesting to see

Maybe he makes no observations at all

And if the game means absolutely nothing then why does Miller schedule it? Why even show up? He could go out recruiting, go watch other future opponents, have a nice dinner out at MOB, watch a good movie, watch a bad movie, take a nap

Again, and again and again

You said nothing to other posters who made conclusions and observations from the J&W game. Now my simple pulling the stats for Fuchs and Wright are observations and conclusions? Or are they just showing stats for others to read and draw their own conclusions and to think about?

Go Rhody. Enjoy the Game Today!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So again,
And again,

Wrong again?

I said

How is that wrong?

And if the game means absolutely nothing then why does Miller schedule it? Why even show up? He could go out recruiting, go watch other future opponents, have a nice dinner out at MOB, watch a good movie, watch a bad movie, take a nap

You said nothing to other posters who made conclusions and observations from the J&W game. Now my simple pulling the stats for Fuchs and Wright are observations and conclusions? Or are they just showing stats for others to read and draw their own conclusions and to think about?

Gonna try, but there's still that 'dinner' thing that's going to be a challenge to work around...3 is too early to eat, 7 is too late. Might have to see if there's an extra ticket so I can bop home and back at halftime for some grub
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Wrong again?

I said

How is that wrong?

Gonna try, but there's still that 'dinner' thing that's going to be a challenge to work around...3 is too early to eat, 7 is too late. Might have to see if there's an extra ticket so I can bop home and back at halftime for some grub
Would a chourico sandwich make it through the metal detectors?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Wrong again?

I said

How is that wrong?

Would a chourico sandwich make it through the metal detectors?
Maybe...(no tinfoil, tho)
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Very simple.

So again,
And again,

Because Weston played well against CCSU in the first game of the season. Played serviceable then against Fairfield in the 2nd game too. And already showed last year he’s capable of competing against A10 opponents

I have full confidence in Weston and didn’t need to see him prove it again

I’m happy he’s healthy more than anything else.
Weston proved very little in A-10 play last year. He made a few nice plays but nothing consistent. I'm still not sure he is a winning player. He was the only scholarship player not to earn a start last season. End of the season, he was still wandering outside the pac line covering players who did not have the ball. He has some physical gifts but has a lot to prove. I hope like the rest of the fan base he balls out this year but am not expecting it.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

So again,
And again,

Wrong again?

I said

How is that wrong?

We have no insight as fans to why he scheduled it.

Maybe he had a more legit D1 game lined up that fell through at the 11th hour. Options were either play J&W or don’t play at all. In his mind it was a glorified practice. Mix it up
1 x