Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by Dino611 »

Don’t know where to put this but looks like Parnell found a new team

0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Not sure exactly where this belongs but my heart goes out to Todd Bozeman and his family. Rhody Nation mourns with you, coach.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Horrible news. Prayers to Todd and the Bozeman family.

It’s been a rough stretch for our Rhody family. Too much tragedy. I pray that changes.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Holy crap!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Pretty cool opportunity for Jimmy!
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 7 months ago Pretty cool opportunity for Jimmy!
One of the best shooters ever and Popovich knows it!

Seriously, if he were maybe a little taller and more athletic he would have had a decent NBA career.
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Congratulations to Jimmy Baron. He has deservedly earned this opportunity.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great hire Spurs !!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 7 months ago
adam914 wrote: 7 months ago Pretty cool opportunity for Jimmy!
One of the best shooters ever and Popovich knows it!

Seriously, if he were maybe a little taller and more athletic he would have had a decent NBA career.
Yup, and if I had wheels and was just a little faster, I would be a sports car (not a wagon) :lol:
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RIP former Coach Brendan Malone.
4 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Agreed. RIP, coach.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RIP , he coached Silk and Tommy for 2 years before Penders took over
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 6 months ago
Thanks for posting this, Ramster.

Good to hear. I hope it works out for the young man.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Billyboy78 wrote: 6 months ago
Good for Ish. He got absolutely hosed in A10 award voting last year. Kid can play
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Charlie Brown Jr. from St Joseph's and Jacob Toppin converting two-way contracts for NY Knicks per ESPN
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Opening Night Special - URI Transfers Edition

- Ileri Ayo-Faleye started for Vermont, but only played 12 minutes in a 67-55 win against Merrimack. He did finish with 3 points and 6 rebounds, though.

- Allen Betrand started and played 20 minutes for Norfolk State in a 102-55 win against Penn St.-Wilkes Barre. Betrand had 12 points and 3 steals.

- Louis Hutchinson started, and scored 7 points and snagged 4 rebounds in 21 minutes for Charleston Southern against Toccoa Falls (D-II). Tres Berry is also on this team, and either logged a DNP, is injured, or isn't eligible.

- Ish Leggett had 11 points in 25 minutes for Pitt, as they beat North Carolina A&T by 48. He started for Pitt, and also had 5 rebounds.

- Mekhi Long transferred from Old Dominion to Virginia Tech, and he's their top reserve. He came off the bench to play 22 minutes against Coppin State, scoring 6 points and chipping in 4 boards, 3 assists and 2 steals in the 100-55 drubbing.

- Makhel Mitchell transferred from Arkansas to Little Rock. He did not play in their 71-66 win against Texas State. I couldn't find info about whether he's injured, ineligible or was denied a waiver.

- Makhi Mitchell played four minutes for #14 Arkansas against Alcorn State, which they won 93-59. He's seemingly been recruited over there, but Musselman fiddles with his lineups a lot.

- Parnell Pierre (walk-on) landed at Notre Dame... of Ohio. They are a Division II school, and somehow, have 30+ players on their roster for this year. They start the season on Nov. 10 hosting the University of Pittsburgh (at Johnstown, not the Ish Leggett one).

- Abdou Samb logged 22 minutes, 10 points, 4 rebounds and a block for IUPUI against D-III Spalding in a 70-63 win. It looks like he's the first big man off the bench for them.

- Sebastian Thomas transferred to Albany. They open their season at UMass tonight.

Navigating the Profession or Bermuda Triangle of Basketball

- Nicola Akele is in his sixth professional season. After his initial year in Serie A2 of the Italian leagues, he's been in Serie A for the past five years. (Note: Since he is Italian, this likely positively impacts his ability to stay in that league, since most have limitations on the number of foreign players on the roster.) This year, he's played six games, averaging 11.8 MPG and 3.2 PPG for Germani Brescia. This is who he played for last year as well, putting up similar numbers.

- Jalen Carey was linked to teams like Temple and also exploring his pro opportunities, but seemingly hasn't landed anywhere. His last tweet on Aug. 18 said his recruitment was still open, and he had no response to someone asking where he ended up on Oct. 13. If he's signed to play pro ball somewhere, it hasn't been published on an outlet I could find.

- Brayon Freeman had his waiver denied, and he won't play NCAA basketball for Coastal Carolina in 2023-24.

- Cyril Langevine has started this year with Roanne, a team in the France-Betclic Elite League. Through nine games, he's averaging 15.9 MPG, 5.4 PPG and 4.0 RPG. Since graduating from URI, he's logged four professional seasons, although for six different teams. He has mostly played in the best league for various countries, though; France, Italy, Greece, Poland and Sweden.

- Malik Martin is a graduate assistant for UConn. Here is a good article where he mentions that because of his knee injuries over the years, transitioning to coaching right away made more sense for him.

- Daron Russell is playing in Turkey's top league, and averaging roughly 20 PPG.

- Jeremy Sheppard is averaging 32.2 MPG and 17 PPG for a team in Greece.

- Dana Tate is playing in Portugal, averaging 26.2 MPG and 12.8 PPG.

- Alex Tchikou transferred to Detroit Mercy. He needed a waiver to play immediately, and while there doesn't seem to be an announcement about whether he got it or not, signs seemingly point to no. He did not play in their exhibition game against Wayne State (lost by 10+), or their opener against Toledo (lost by 34).

- Jared Terrell last played 16 games for a team in Israel in 2023, so obviously, that wasn't an option for him this year. That league played one game on Oct. 6 before suspending action. Per his Instagram, he mostly recently played in a $20,000 tournament in Boston over the summer, the 14 League.

- Antwan Walker signed with a Lithuanian league team, according to a press release from Bryant. He played with them for about a month, before being transferred to a team in Finland. His stat page is here.

If I forgot someone or you want to see someone else mentioned, let me know. I might do this a couple more times during the season.
Last edited by SGreenwell 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added in a couple players I missed.
15 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago Opening Night Special - URI Transfers Edition
- Daron Russell
Seeing his real first name will always be jarring to me
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Fantastic update! Thanks for taking the time to do that.
7 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I second that, Adam!

Thanks for that, SG.
2 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

What has happened to Jared Terrell?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm shocked that the Mitchells are at different schools.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Cyril is still playing somewhere.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago Opening Night Special - URI Transfers Edition

- Ileri Ayo-Faleye started for Vermont, but only played 12 minutes in a 67-55 win against Merrimack. He did finish with 3 points and 6 rebounds, though.

- Allen Betrand started and played 20 minutes for Norfolk State in a 102-55 win against Penn St.-Wilkes Barre. Betrand had 12 points and 3 steals.

- Louis Hutchinson started, and scored 7 points and snagged 4 rebounds in 21 minutes for Charleston Southern against Toccoa Falls (D-II). Tres Berry is also on this team, and either logged a DNP, is injured, or isn't eligible.

- Ish Leggett had 11 points in 25 minutes for Pitt, as they beat North Carolina A&T by 48. He started for Pitt, and also had 5 rebounds.

- Mekhi Long transferred from Old Dominion to Virginia Tech, and he's their top reserve. He came off the bench to play 22 minutes against Coppin State, scoring 6 points and chipping in 4 boards, 3 assists and 2 steals in the 100-55 drubbing.

- Makhel Mitchell transferred from Arkansas to Little Rock. He did not play in their 71-66 win against Texas State. I couldn't find info about whether he's injured, ineligible or was denied a waiver.

- Makhi Mitchell played four minutes for #14 Arkansas against Alcorn State, which they won 93-59. He's seemingly been recruited over there, but Musselman fiddles with his lineups a lot.

- Parnell Pierre (walk-on) landed at Notre Dame... of Ohio. They are a Division II school, and somehow, have 30+ players on their roster for this year. They start the season on Nov. 10 hosting the University of Pittsburgh (at Johnstown, not the Ish Leggett one).

- Abdou Samb logged 22 minutes, 10 points, 4 rebounds and a block for IUPUI against D-III Spalding in a 70-63 win. It looks like he's the first big man off the bench for them.

- Sebastian Thomas transferred to Albany. They open their season at UMass tonight.

Navigating the Profession or Bermuda Triangle of Basketball

- Jalen Carey was linked to teams like Temple and also exploring his pro opportunities, but seemingly hasn't landed anywhere. His last tweet on Aug. 18 said his recruitment was still open, and he had no response to someone asking where he ended up on Oct. 13. If he's signed to play pro ball somewhere, it hasn't been published on an outlet I could find.

- Brayon Freeman had his waiver denied, and he won't play NCAA basketball for Coastal Carolina in 2023-24.

- Malik Martin is a graduate assistant for UConn. Here is a good article where he mentions that because of his knee injuries over the years, transitioning to coaching right away made more sense for him.

- Daron Russell is playing in Turkey's top league, and averaging roughly 20 PPG.

- Jeremy Sheppard is averaging 32.2 MPG and 17 PPG for a team in Greece.

- Dana Tate is playing in Portugal, averaging 26.2 MPG and 12.8 PPG.

- Alex Tchikou transferred to Detroit Mercy. He needed a waiver to play immediately, and while there doesn't seem to be an announcement about whether he got it or not, signs seemingly point to no. He did not play in their exhibition game against Wayne State (lost by 10+), or their opener against Toledo (lost by 34).

- Antwan Walker signed with a Lithuanian league team, according to a press release from Bryant. He played with them for about a month, before being transferred to a team in Finland. His stat page is here.

If I forgot someone or you want to see someone else mentioned, let me know. I might do this a couple more times during the season.
Excellent recap SG !!

Enjoy your 4 minutes of playing time Makhi Mitchell !!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

I'll add these couple to the blurb up above, just so I remember to include them in future updates.

- Nicola Akele is in his sixth professional season. After his initial year in Serie A2 of the Italian leagues, he's been in Serie A for the past five years. (Note: Since he is Italian, this likely positively impacts his ability to stay in that league, since most have limitations on the number of foreign players on the roster.) This year, he's played six games, averaging 11.8 MPG and 3.2 PPG for Germani Brescia. This is who he played for last year as well, putting up similar numbers.

- Cyril Langevine has started this year with Roanne, a team in the France-Betclic Elite League. Through nine games, he's averaging 15.9 MPG, 5.4 PPG and 4.0 RPG. Since graduating from URI, he's logged four professional seasons, although for six different teams. He has mostly played in the best league for various countries, though; France, Italy, Greece, Poland and Sweden.

- Jared Terrell last played 16 games for a team in Israel in 2023, so obviously, that wasn't an option for him this year. That league played one game on Oct. 6 before suspending action. Per his Instagram, he mostly recently played in a $20,000 tournament in Boston over the summer, the 14 League.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago I'll add these couple to the blurb up above, just so I remember to include them in future updates.

Goddamn Nikola Akele. What a stiff!

My original Jermaine Harris.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 6 months ago
SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago I'll add these couple to the blurb up above, just so I remember to include them in future updates.

Goddamn Nikola Akele. What a stiff!

My original Jermaine Harris.
Not nice, save the venom, sheesh. He was a good dude to have here.
3 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Seeing what has happened to a lot of the Cox recruits post-URI is eye opening as to how devoid of talent the roster became under his stewardship.
5 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Thomas scored 19 on 5-10 shooting. 3-4 on three pointers vs Umass

Dolly Cairns started for FGCU and had 7 points in a win over Brown
5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

So far at Pitt, Ish has averaged 14.5 pts (48% FG)/ 8 rebs/ 3.5 assists, starting both games (26 min).
Not bad, he is a baller.
1 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Like Ish, just always thought he was a good player on a horrible team. Not sure that’s a “Baller”. Pitts played NCa&t and Binghamton. Ish was very good against bad competition average against quality teams. His 39% Fg last yr and 37 % year before was average. We sucked not his fault but I can’t get out of my mind how many times he’d take the ball to the hoop with 10 seconds left, not be able to elevate, and get stuffed by anyone six feet or above.
Quality young man hope he becomes a baller this year but I kinda like our current guards better.

GO RHODY!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It will be interesting Brady1 when Leggett goes up against ACC Competition

Upcoming vs Florida at Barclay's Center Preseason NIT
Then plays either Baylor or Oregon State at Barclays

Last time Leggett played in the Barclay's Center was in the 1st round 17 point drubbing to LaSalle 1st round A10 Playoffs last March.
Leggett played 40 minutes, 4-19 FG, 1-8 3P for 11 points. Maybe already moved on mentally but it was not a good game for him.

Also will be interesting to see how URI does against competition other than 300 level NET Teams. Will guards be able to drive inside for layups or will they get blocked like Russell and Freeman did when repeatedly going inside to the hoop. Time will tell.

Good move for Leggett to move up. Credit to him for that.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

brady1 wrote: 5 months ago Like Ish, just always thought he was a good player on a horrible team. Not sure that’s a “Baller”. Pitts played NCa&t and Binghamton. Ish was very good against bad competition average against quality teams. His 39% Fg last yr and 37 % year before was average. We sucked not his fault but I can’t get out of my mind how many times he’d take the ball to the hoop with 10 seconds left, not be able to elevate, and get stuffed by anyone six feet or above.
Quality young man hope he becomes a baller this year but I kinda like our current guards better.

GO RHODY!
Well maybe baller was a little too strong a term.
Our team last season was so bad and Ish was the only bright spot.
We relied on him too much and other teams were able to key on him.
Actually as a guard and without any frontcourt help, he was able to finish pretty well.
Aside from leading us in scoring, he was probably our best defender and an excellent rebounder.

This season he immediately stepped into a starting role on a pretty good P5 team that was 14-6 ACC last season and is putting up solid stats.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Loved Ish and hope he does well @ Pitt and its impressive he’s a starter

Also very happy with Jaden who can score with the best of them
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Albany at Seton Hall tonight at 6:30 FS1.
Bassy leading the Danes in scoring 21.5 pts (46% FG/ 67% 3PT/ 88% FT) and minutes (32 min).
Also averaging 4.5 rebs and 3 assists.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 5 months ago Albany at Seton Hall tonight at 6:30 FS1.
Bassy leading the Danes in scoring 21.5 pts (46% FG/ 67% 3PT/ 88% FT) and minutes (32 min).
Also averaging 4.5 rebs and 3 assists.
Bassy struggled tonight 2-11 floor
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pitt loses 86-71 to Florida

Ish 19 and 9 rebounds

He’s averaging over 8 rebounds per game !
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 5 months ago Pitt loses 86-71 to Florida

Ish 19 and 9 rebounds

And that 8.2 rpg leads Pitt

Leggett has 12 offensive and 21 defensive rebounds as he hits the boards at both ends hard
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago

Ish 19 and 9 rebounds

Leggett has 12 offensive and 21 defensive rebounds as he hits the boards at both ends hard
That is a sick sick statistic
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

reef wrote: 5 months ago
ramster wrote: 5 months ago

Ish 19 and 9 rebounds

Leggett has 12 offensive and 21 defensive rebounds as he hits the boards at both ends

That is a sick sick statistic
Not to speak of the loose balls he likely got. Ish is a complete basketball player! House?
0 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

In other news, watched a great Arkansas v Memphis game last night. Didn't get to see much of Makhi Mitchell. 4 fouls relegated him to the bench, especially down the stretch.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NHRamFan wrote: 5 months ago In other news, watched a great Arkansas v Memphis game last night. Didn't get to see much of Makhi Mitchell. 4 fouls relegated him to the bench, especially down the stretch.
#20 Arkansas takes on #14 North Carolina today at 1pm Bad Boy Mowers Classic. One of the better games of the day. ESPN2
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ish with another solid game as Pitt beats Oregon State 76-51.
He had 15 pts/ 7 rebs/ 3 assists.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yup that was yesterday Pitt blew away the 10.5 spread
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

The Extensive Where Are They Now? - Volume 2!

"Why didn't he do that here?!?" - URI Transfers Edition

- Ileri Ayo-Faleye is logging about 20 MPG for Vermont (8-3), up from 12.3 the previous year. He has started all 10 of Vermont's games, but he's 7th in MPG, 3rd among their forwards. He's been slightly more efficient this year, cutting his turnovers per 40 by one, and he's also rebounding better (9.5 per 40).

- Tres Berry is listed on the Charleston Southern roster, but he hasn't played for them this season. He has an ankle injury that is expected to keep him out until February. They're 3-6 in OOC play, so I suspect there is a chance that'll turn into a medical redshirt.

- Allen Betrand has come off the bench in six games, started five, for Norfolk State (7-4). He's consistently been at 20+ MPG in most of their efforts, though. It looks like they might use him as more of a small 3, alternating him with a slightly bigger 3, Chambers. He is their second leading scorer (11.5 PPG) and he's having his best year, which probably isn't that surprising for a guy that's probably 24 or 25 years old. Then again, maybe it is, because of all the injuries he's had to deal with.

- Louis Hutchinson had played consistently in Charleston Southern's first seven games, averaging about 19 minutes and starting six of them. However, his numbers were about the same per 40 as at URI, which isn't great considering the downgrade in competition. Also, there's clearly some drama going on at the school, as 19-year head coach Barclay Radebaugh stepped down after the team started 2-5. They've played two games since, with Hutchinson logging 1 MP and a DNP. He's probably a candidate to transfer further down.

- Ish Leggett has been even better at Pitt (7-3) than he was for URI. While his raw PPG are slightly down (16.4 to 14.4), he's doing it against tougher competition while improving his rebounding and assist rates without increasing his turnovers.

- Mekhi Long is struggling for Virginia Tech (7-3), as his PPG per 40 have been cut in half this year, and he's averaging 5.1 fouls per 40. He's 0-for-6 from 3 for the year, and shooting 54 percent from the line, which is mostly why his offensive efficiency has fallen off.

- Makhi Mitchell is the same dude he's always been, although he's clearly still not allowed to shoot 3s at Arkansas (one attempt in two years). His scoring is slightly better this year, his rebounding slightly worse, as he's been yo-yo'ed in and out of the lineup. In his last five games, he's played both 10 minutes and 27 minutes. He's sitting at 15.2 MPG for Arkansas (6-4) this year, slightly worse than last year's 20.1.

- Abdou Samb has played 9 games, all off the bench, for IUPUI (3-8). He's getting about 17.8 MPG and logging similar stats as he did for URI. More FTs, but more turnovers. Transferring was pretty clearly the right call for him, since it's hard to imagine him getting much time on this year's team. He has sat out their last two games for an unspecified injury.

- Sebastian Thomas has been lighting the god damn world on fire for Albany (6-4) since transferring. As mentioned in another thread, I have no idea if this is simply because of a change of scenario, if he majorly changed his game over the summer, if he's just more comfortable as a shoot-first PG vs. pass-first, or if it's simply a fluke. Still, through 10 games he's averaging 16.8 PPG, 4.3 RPG and 4.2 APG. He's still not a great shooter (27.9 from 3), but he's attacking the rim much more. He has 53 FTA through 10 games, which is one less than he had in 31 games for URI last year. His efficiency is still a bit low, so he's probably at the perfect level, unless he continues to improve over the back two-thirds of the season.

Navigating the Profession or the Bermuda Triangle of Basketball

For the European professional leagues, best I can tell there is a ranking of them here. Leagues mentioned are France (3rd), Turkey (4th), Greece (9th), Portugal (18th), Finland (27th) and Croatia (30th). Many leagues have a first division or second division (minors or developmental).

- Nicola Akele continues to do his thing in the Italian Serie A league for Germani Brescia (9-2). Through 11 games played, he's at 4.0 PPG and 2.4 RPG, similar to his stats last year. As mentioned in the previous update, he's likely to hang on to his roster spot for a while because he's Italian, and most European leagues have limitations on the number of foreign players on a roster.

- (( No update found. )) Jalen Carey was linked to teams like Temple and also exploring his pro opportunities, but seemingly hasn't landed anywhere. His last tweet on Aug. 18 said his recruitment was still open, and he had no response to someone asking where he ended up on Oct. 13. If he's signed to play pro ball somewhere, it hasn't been published on an outlet I could find.

- Brayon Freeman had his waiver denied to start the year, so it's unclear if he'll attempt to play with the TRO against the NCAA. Coastal Carolina has started the year 3-6, and they haven't played since the ruling came down. Their next game is Monday against College of Charleston.

- Jarvis Garrett has landed at Barsy Atyrau (9-3) in the Kazakhstan National League (unranked). He's played 10 games, averaging 32.1 MPG and 19.0 PPG on 50.9 percent shooting. He's likely way too good for this league. The two previous years, he played in the top division of the Croatian league, scoring 14.5 PPG, and seems like a candidate to transfer this year or next.

- Cyril Langevine is playing regularly with Roanne (6-9), a team in the top division of the French basketball league. He's seemingly their first or second big man off the bench, averaging 16.4 MPG, 6.6 PPG and 4.5 RPG. He unfortunately hasn't been especially efficient with them, as he's shooting 42 percent from the field. He likely needs to improve that to secure more playing time.

- (( No update. )) Malik Martin is a graduate assistant for UConn.

- Makhel Mitchell obviously had his waiver denied initially. It's unclear if he'll attempt to play because of the TRO against the NCAA. Arkansas-Little Rock doesn't really get much coverage.

- Parnell Pierre (walk-on) first landed at Notre Dame... of Ohio. They are a Division II school and before the season, they had 30+ players listed on their roster page for this year. I have no idea how D-II rosters work, because so far this year, they've had 16 different guys play at least one minute in a game. However, Pierre wasn't one of them. He is no longer listed on the roster, and his profile page is now gone as well. No update on his Twitter about where he's playing now, if anywhere.

- Daron "Fatts" Russell played six games for Manisa, a team in Turkey's top basketball league. However, he hasn't played since Nov. 4. I'm guessing it is injury-related, because he was averaging 32.3 MPG and 19.8 PPG at the time. The team was 4-2 with him, 2-3 without him.

- Jeremy Sheppard averaged 31.7 MPG and 17 PPG through six games for Aias Evosmou (3-9), a team in Greece's second division. He was their leading scorer. He hasn't played since Nov. 4 though, so much like with Fatts, I assume he might be injured.

- Omar Silverio had his waiver request denied in August, effectively ending his collegiate career. As a result, he also had to forfeit $10,000 in NIL. Some fans started a GoFundMe for him, which raised $1,800. Unless he's been enrolled at WVU this whole time, it's unlikely he would be effected by the TRO about waivers.

- Dana Tate is playing and starting for Povoa (4-5) in Portugal's professional league, averaging 27.7 MPG and 13.3 PPG. It isn't an especially well-regarded league, so he'll probably be looking to sign elsewhere when his contract is up.

- Alex Tchikou, see entries for Brayon Freeman and Makhel Mitchell. Tchikou is on the roster for Detroit Mercy, who has started the year 0-10 under former Indiana (and UAB, and Texas Southern) coach Mike Davis. They're losing games by an average of 16 PPG.

- (( No update. )) Jared Terrell last played 16 games for a team in Israel early in 2023, so obviously, that wasn't an option for him this year. That league played one game on Oct. 6 before suspending action. Per his Instagram, he mostly recently played in a $20,000 tournament in Boston over the summer, the 14 League.

- Jacob Toppin stuck with the Knicks, even though they traded his brother in the off-season. He got into a single regular season game for a single minute for them, but he's played consistently for their G-League team, the Westchester Knicks. He averages 33.1 MPG and 15.6 PPG, but he's shooting 39.6 from the field and 28.9 from 3. He'll have to improve both marks if he wants to get to the league.

- Antwan Walker has stuck with Lahti (2-11) in Finland, after earlier stints with two other European teams. He's played seven games with them, averaging 26.6 MPG and 10.1 PPG.

The Coulda, Shoulda Beens

So named for recruits that maybe almost came here, or at the very least, we devoted lots of posts to...

- Khalif Battle has been averaging 25.9 MPG and 16.4 PPG for Arkansas through 10 games, coming off the bench in each one. His fouls have doubled year over year, but otherwise he's been outstanding.

- Nate Brafford is logging regular time for Georgia Southern (0-10), getting 22.0 MPG and seven starts. His efficiency has tumbled down this year, as he's shooting 25 percent from 3 and he's only gotten to the line four times. There's probably zero chance he would have played for us.

- Tim Dalger has played 11 games and started eight for Saint Louis (6-5). He's averaging 11.5 PPG, but in his last three, had 14, 18 and 20 against Southern Illinois, Drake and Hofstra. He's not shooting great to do it though (40 percent from the field, 26 percent from 3), so he kind of projects as just an average big man that's posted some decent numbers because he's shooting 10+ times a game.

- Sean Durugordon had his waiver to play for Siena (2-8) denied in November, but he has been enrolled and practicing. So, he might show up this year. He had a decent 2022-23 for an awful Austin Peay team (9-22, coach fired).

- Anthony "Ant" Harris is likely hurt, as he's been in and out of the lineup for the St. Thomas University Bobcats (8-2, NAIA). He's played in five games and started four, averaging 22.6 MPG and 6.8 PPG. He was averaging 3.2 APG and 4 FTA per game, but he's struggled shooting.

- Marial Mading last played nine games for a team in Serbia in 2021, logging 7 MPG and 2.4 PPG.

- Isaiah Miranda has finally gotten into a collegiate game, although just barely. He logged four minutes for Oklahoma State (4-5) against Tulsa, hitting a shot and grabbing three rebounds. He was injured to start the year, and did not play for N.C. State last year. He was once seen as an NBA prospect because of his size (7'1") and shooting ability, but he'll almost certainly need to put up some numbers in college first now. He has four C/PF types ahead of him on the depth chart, but none of them have really excelled.

- Tre Mitchell is playing his fifth year at Kentucky (7-2), starting nine games and logging 34.6 MPG for the Wildcats. All of his per-40 stats are pretty flat, so he remains what he is; a good finesse 4 or 5 that probably rebounds and blocks less than you'd want from a truly elite big man.

- Naheem McLeod has started 10 games for Syracuse (7-3), although his playing time is now resembling "big man under Jim Baron" levels. He started against Georgetown, played four minutes, and sat the rest of the game. His last four games have had MP of 20, 15, 12 and 4, but he's at 16 MPG for the year. His efficiency stats are incredible, thanks to 70 percent shooting, and 11 rebounds and 5 blocks per 40 minutes, but I suspect he's getting played off the floor by teams just switching to small lineups.

- Preston Murphy Jr. is in the team photo for this year's New Orleans squad, but he hasn't gotten into a game or been mentioned in any coverage. I suspect he might be hurt, since he was playing regularly last year, but can't find any confirmation of it.

- Tuburu "Buru" Naivalurua has played in 10 games for Oakland (6-5), averaging 12.8 MPG. He's averaging just 4.8 PPG because of his low minutes, but thanks to shooting 61.8 percent from the field, his efficiency is pretty high. He's drawing 4.7 FTA per 40, but only shooting 40 percent from the line. Hell of a finisher so far, but he's blocked from further playing time because Oakland's two best players are also 3/4 types.

- "K.C." Kenechukwu Nwafor played two games in a New Zealand basketball league in April and May 2023. He logged 14 total minutes, five points and six rebounds. As of now, the team he played on has one (1) player on its 2024 roster, so I've got no clue where or if he'll surface again.

- Femi Odukale has started four games and played six for a rebuilding New Mexico (5-6) program. He sat for their first five games before his waiver was approved by the NCAA. He is averaging a somewhat insane 8.2 FTA per game - 13.1 per 40 - but he's also averaging 4 turnovers per game (6.4 per 40). A bull in a china shop.

- Josh Ogundele is a big man reserve for Middle Tennessee (5-6) after being in a similar role for Iowa for three years. Through nine games, he's averaging 9.2 MPG.

- Abou Ousmane transferred from North Texas to Xavier (5-5) for his senior year. He's played 10 games, starting six, and logging 18.1 MPG. Despite the jump up in competition, he's still been a rugged presence inside, averaging 17.7 points and 12.4 rebounds per 40 minutes. However, he's also average a whopping 7.7 fouls per 40, which is what's limiting his playing time most likely.

- Charles Pride started six games for St. Bonaventure (7-2), averaging 32.8 MPG, 12.8 PPG and 6.8 RPG. The points are actually low for him, but he was doing it really efficiently, shooting 43 percent from the field and 42 percent from 3. Unfortunately, an ankle injury has kept him out of the Bonnies last three games. His status is day-to-day, according to some newspaper reports from that area.

- Keegan Records is in his fifth year at Colgate (6-4). His scoring is down from last year, while his fouls and turnovers are up, so his efficiency has tumbled a bit. However, he's still a very productive player. Colgate is still in the OOC portion of their schedule, so both marks will likely improve when he's playing the Patriot League schedule.

- Josh Rivera has started 10 games for Fordham (5-5), averaging 23.0 MPG. He is a truly awful FT shooter (35.5 percent), which is odd, because he's a decent 3-point shooter (35 percent) while taking three attempts a game. I wonder if anyone has ever finished with a lower FT percentage than 3-point percentage while qualifying for the leaderboard in both stats. (i.e. You'll see things like big men shooting 100 percent from 3 on like two attempts.)

- Chance Stephens transferred from Loyola Marymount to Maryland, but unfortunately, he'll almost certainly be taking a medical redshirt this year after rupturing his patellar tendon during a summer workout.

- Anthony Walker is a rotation reserve for Indiana (7-2), logging 13.9 MPG in nine games so far. Since he's in a complimentary role, presumably, his shooting has jumped up to 55.6 percent, and he's averaging 6.3 PPG.

- Tyson Wheeler Jr. is on the roster for Nichols College (Division III) but has not played in any games.

For the previous edition of this post, click here! If you want anyone else included, let me know.
8 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Incredible recap once again!! Thanks!
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 4 months ago Incredible recap once again!! Thanks!
It's amazing what you can accomplish in the slow work period leading up to the holidays!
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Remember when people compared Bradford to Chet Holgrem?

Good times.

Hilarious to go back and read his thread people saying we NEED him and he’d be a problem in the A10.
0 x
Go Rhody