Grasso - Bryant

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Grasso - Bryant

Unread post by Blue Man »

Once again, I would like to reiterate, this man was never in contention for the head coaching job at URI. His people reached out and we didn't want to talk to him.

If you're intelligent enough, you can see through frauds.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RF1 wrote: 5 months ago Since he is from NY, could a head coaching gig at Iona or St John's be in his future. Neither school apparently have any regard for ethics or character.
I went to the grocery store the other day. Filled my basket with food and drinks. I went to pay for it and I said, " Can I pay with ethics and character?" Sheesh, you are just not aware of 2023 right now.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

So he’s 43 now I would guess maybe he gets an assistant job somewhere or maybe a head job @ low D1 in the future
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 5 months ago So he’s 43 now I would guess maybe he gets an assistant job somewhere or maybe a head job @ low D1 in the future
Why would he get a low D1 HC position or a low D1?

What makes that seem likely to you?

I see him getting nothing. Zero.
2 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Grasso's future job prospects are directly tied to how bad his transgressions were at Bryant. I'm not privy to what happened so I can't even venture a guess what the future holds for him.
Last edited by STC 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Welp, wouldn't ya know...flippin thru channels, Channel 10 news...the next story is on Grasso. I'm sure they'll have all the details.

ETA: There you have it...he resigned. LOL....no deets a tall...what a surprise.
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

No news outlet has details.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Can't get details if nobody's willing to talk, and the Bryant men's basketball beat is the kind of thing you don't risk inviting litigation on by going with anonymous or back channel sources on a story. Whatever the "true story" is, at this point it probably only comes out if Grasso sues Bryant, or vice versa, or there is some other legal matter forthcoming involving Grasso.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 5 months ago Can't get details if nobody's willing to talk, and the Bryant men's basketball beat is the kind of thing you don't risk inviting litigation on by going with anonymous or back channel sources on a story. Whatever the "true story" is, at this point it probably only comes out if Grasso sues Bryant, or vice versa, or there is some other legal matter forthcoming involving Grasso.
I'll take "Some Other Legal Matter Forthcoming" for 1200. Nobody's willing to talk 'now' maybe...but it'll only be a matter of time before a legal matter surfaces and it's out there. Or, someone who just can't help themselves will blurt it out somewhere.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Interim label dropped for Martelli after the recent resignation of Grasso.

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ultimate spin zone by Grasso in his article in todays Projo.

Quite a masterclass, but obviously all a crock of bs.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago Ultimate spin zone by Grasso in his article in todays Projo.

He’s got a bad back. Okayyyyyyyyy.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago Ultimate spin zone by Grasso in his article in todays Projo.

Every answer was either woe is me, I finally get a chance to put my family first, or I can't answer that call my lawyer who won't answer your call. Talk about wasting Bill Koch's time
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Bill got gaslit. Not intentional I'm sure but he gave Grasso a platform to play the victim and that is what Grasso did.
If you are following him on Twitter it is cringe-worthy. He is literally performing a public penance and if you have any clue as to what he allegedly did it is even more cringeworthy and embarrassing. That dude has problems and the 1 shrink he has talked to since his 20s isn't nearly enough.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Bill got gaslit. Not intentional I'm sure but he gave Grasso a platform to play the victim and that is what Grasso did.
If you are following him on Twitter it is cringe-worthy. He is literally performing a public penance and if you have any clue as to what he allegedly did it is even more cringeworthy and embarrassing. That dude has problems and the 1 shrink he has talked to since his 20s isn't nearly enough.
I kind of read it more as Bill giving him the requisite amount of rope. I’m sure Grasso is trying to gaslight the world at large right now, and the uninformed reader might take some of what he said at face value. But I think if you are following along here, it’s not hard to read all of that as a painting a pretty damaging picture of where Grasso is at right now and what kind of dude he is. I’m giving Bill the benefit of the doubt that he’s fully aware of all the subtext and was providing (albeit subtly) some additional color using Grasso’s own words.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Looks to me like Bill wanted to at least get Grasso on the record. If new information surfaces, we can all compare to what was in the Projo.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just search “Jared Grasso” on Twitter, click the latest tab, scroll down a bit and you will see the allegations.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Did Bill Koch (Projo) seek out and ask Grasso for the Interview?

or

Did Grasso seek out Bill Koch (Projo) and ask for the Interview?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Bill got gaslit. Not intentional I'm sure but he gave Grasso a platform to play the victim and that is what Grasso did.
It appears that Grasso is mentioning his back issue a lot and the listener or reader is left to make a possible connection that his crazy behavior could be related to the pain killers he takes for his back. Leaving it out there that he could be the victim of opioids, reaching out for sympathy and ultimately how Bryant U wronged him.

Would have been a good interview question.

Also could have asked about the Smithfield Police video and was he on some kind of drugs when the Police visit to his home took place.

of note Grasso did not ask Bill if he plays ball or if he wanted to shoot some hoops like he did of the Policeman
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago Did Bill Koch (Projo) seek out and ask Grasso for the Interview?

or

The answer is behind Door #2.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 months ago
ramster wrote: 5 months ago Did Bill Koch (Projo) seek out and ask Grasso for the Interview?

or

The answer is behind Door #2.
Just what I was thinking ATP.
I reading the article it appeared to read that way including how he entered the room, sat down, etc.
Seemed Bill was writing his observations and asking questions accordingly.
Doesn't feel to me that Bill was "gaslit" or taken advantage of. To be honest though I'm not 100% sure what gaslit means in this situation.

Grasso seems to be using all means possible to remake his image, gain sympathy, make people feel sorry for him, etc.

Always thought of him as a used car salesman, but that seems now to be insulting to used car salesmen everywhere.
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

can we get the cliff's notes?

was he doing blow in his office and pounding coeds over his desk?
0 x
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 5 months ago can we get the cliff's notes?

was he doing blow in his office and pounding coeds over his desk?
wait...where did this interview take place?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Man, has this guys career been a wild ride or what?

He looks so different in these Knox School pics. You might say he looks cleaned up…
0 x