11/14 | Wagner | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: 11/14 | Wagner | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Rhody15 »

jcru wrote: 5 months ago This might be, the ONLY SITE I have ever been on, and I have been on the URI BB Forums since basically the advent of the Internet in 96. I might have been a few months behind guys like RIRed and Ben, where people make you confess and do penance for being "too enthusiastic" about the team you root for and follow 24/7/365.

Somewhere, Gandalf is on one of those 20 footer quahog boats in the sky, and he's looking down smiling in approval.
People have different ways of following their favorite teams and that’s ok lol

Some are positive about every player and aspect of the program no matter what

Others wait and see for results before getting all hyped up and aren’t afraid to criticize players who are not performing

Some know absolutely nothing and just troll (Rhody72)
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Anyways, beat Wagner and create some buzz going into Mohegan!
2 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Rory is a late 90's/early millennium style wing forward, who belongs on the wing. He should have one function: when the other team collapses the defense, he comes in and sinks an outside shot to help spread the defense, then he gets subbed back out. Secondary function, stay put, in case a rebound opportunity comes that way. If he simply embraced that role, he'd be fine.

Third function: on defense, don't get caught between the slasher and the basket, because as Kortright showed last year in the highlight video when he played for Quinnipiac, that's not going to work.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago People have different ways of following their favorite teams and that’s ok lol

Others wait and see for results before getting all hyped up and aren’t afraid to criticize players who are not performing

Yeah, I'm not complaining, to the extent that, I'm still here after all these years.

But this is just a unique site, is all. Always has been.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

"Our defensive rebounding is pathetic"....great line.

He talked more technical basketball-ery in those 15 minutes than DC did in however many years he was here
6 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

All I know is the Rory I watched last game looked rusty and lost out there during garbage minutes. He's not going to see a lot of time this year. Nothing personal of course. We have better players now.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

jcru wrote: 5 months ago
Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago People have different ways of following their favorite teams and that’s ok lol

Yeah, I'm not complaining, to the extent that, I'm still here after all these years.

This site is awesome JCRU. Ups and downs, drunken posts and rants as well. I'm guilty of both. But I've enjoyed it since the PROJO board. Good stuff!!!!
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Coming to a Rhody fan board to dunk on fans is a weird way to get joy out of life. Stevey takes the time to make videos and hype the program. We need more of that not less.
9 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 5 months ago
jcru wrote: 5 months ago

This site is awesome JCRU. Ups and downs, drunken posts and rants as well. I'm guilty of both. But I've enjoyed it since the PROJO board. Good stuff!!!!
If you haven't woke up in the morning and wondered if/what you posted last night...you haven't lived :lol:
6 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago
ramfansince58 wrote: 5 months ago I watched video of Rory Stewart in high school posted on this site. I thought he looked lost and said so on this forum. I was attacked immediately by steviestuds who was touting him as a high level recruit. Who needs Arch when we have experts like him.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Dave Stenhouse. I watched him star for URI at Keaney in the late 50,s before going on to major league baseball.
He touts 99% of kids we get like they’ll be All Americans lol never fails with him.

Said Dubsky would have an impact this season, etc etc.

List goes on and on.

He won’t see this post though because I hurt his feelings and he has me blocked.
That’s odd because that is not what Stevey intimated to me about Dubsky. He informed me that he wasn’t ready this season, wouldn’t probably get much PT and as a result, may be a redshirt candidate.

Of course as fans some of us tend to get excited about the potential of new players. I sometimes do and mainly because I lend much credibility to Archie’s ability to evaluate talent. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

People have opinions and some are more informed than others and I’d rather here them out rather than wait around to find an opportunity to pounce and trash them.

I look forward to Stevey’s thoughts on players as I do all others on here - even yours occasionally,15.

Carry on.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 5 months ago
ramfansince58 wrote: 5 months ago I watched video of Rory Stewart in high school posted on this site. I thought he looked lost and said so on this forum. I was attacked immediately by steviestuds who was touting him as a high level recruit. Who needs Arch when we have experts like him.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Dave Stenhouse. I watched him star for URI at Keaney in the late 50,s before going on to major league baseball.
He touts 99% of kids we get like they’ll be All Americans lol never fails with him.

List goes on and on.

He won’t see this post though because I hurt his feelings and he has me blocked.
That’s odd because that is not what Stevey intimated to me about Dubsky. He informed me that he wasn’t ready this season, wouldn’t probably get much PT and as a result, may be a redshirt candidate.

Of course as fans some of us tend to get excited about the potential of new players. I sometimes do and mainly because I lend much credibility to Archie’s ability to evaluate talent. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

People have opinions and some are more informed than others and I’d rather here them out rather than wait around to find an opportunity to pounce and trash them.

I look forward to Stevey’s thoughts on players as I do all others on here - even yours occasionally,15.

Carry on.
I look forward to everyone on the board's thoughts on players....can be extremely humorous.
If I want to get perspective on if a player will be good though...yeah, give me Arch's thoughts.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramfansince58 wrote: 5 months ago You touted Rory and now you have to eat it. Get over it.
Hahahah, what? At least I form an opinion about each player, unlike you, who just disappeared for a year and came back to talk negatively about me. You and 15 seem to think I believe I'm a scout or something. I'm not. I talk about the players for fun. Can I overhype them? Yup. Can I overhype our team? Yup. But my question is, if I thought all these players were All-Americans, why did I pick them to finish just one game over .500 this year? Why didn't I have Rory as the starter or a part of the rotation this year? Wouldn't I expect them to be a top-25 team and one of the best teams in the country if I thought all these players were superstars?

I can also change my opinion of a player after watching them more. I soured on Rory quickly after watching him play at this level.

I was excited about Archie coming here, and I had high expectations that he and our staff would bring in a lot of talent in our first class, so I was enthusiastic about many of our incoming players. He had some great things to say about many of our players last season.. I was much higher on other players compared to Rory. I thought Weston was going to be an absolute stud. I thought Ant was going to be as well. I was much higher on Foumena than Rory, so criticizing me about Rory doesn't even make sense to me, but then again, most of your posts don't make sense...

For someone who claims to be a fan since '58, your posts are incredibly childish. Reminds me of a former poster from DC..
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago

List goes on and on.

Carry on.
I look forward to everyone on the board's thoughts on players....can be extremely humorous.
If I want to get perspective on if a player will be good though...yeah, give me Arch's thoughts.
I agree. Archie has an incredible basketball mind and I think he's one of the best coaches in the conference. That's a big reason why I'm high on incoming players. I trust his ability to identify, land, and develop players.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Coming to a Rhody fan board to dunk on fans is a weird way to get joy out of life. Stevey takes the time to make videos and hype the program. We need more of that not less.
Well said BAR , more Steveystuds and less Rhody 15 !!
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 5 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago

Carry on.
I agree. Archie has an incredible basketball mind and I think he's one of the best coaches in the conference. That's a big reason why I'm high on incoming players. I trust his ability to identify, land, and develop players.
Also agree, no problem with feeling optimistic and being excited about any or all of the new players they bring in.
Our program isn't at the point yet where we will get the highest ranked recruits or top players in the portal, so we must trust the staff in which players they feel will be a good fit.
Obviously, they all won't turn out be hits and even the best programs have misses.
It is also okay to be wrong about players and even change our minds whether it be positive or negative about them.
Besides, I feel it is still too early to make judgement calls on how some of these players will work out.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Going at studs is wild. Not sure there’s any other fan of this program out there clipping highlights of anything. Certainly no other fan who’s watching as much film on our recruits.

Like any good fan he starts out enthusiastic and then comes down to reality if proven wrong.

Idk why we’re trying to slap that behavior down. This is a fan board. We need more Studley’s not less.

Also, guess there’s a game tonight. Go Rhody.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 5 months ago Going at studs is wild. Not sure there’s any other fan of this program out there clipping highlights of anything. Certainly no other fan who’s watching as much film on our recruits.

Like any good fan he starts out enthusiastic and then comes down to reality if proven wrong.

Idk why we’re trying to slap that behavior down. This is a fan board. We need more Studley’s not less.

Yes more Stevey is a good thing.
5 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Jersey77 wrote: 5 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 5 months ago Going at studs is wild. Not sure there’s any other fan of this program out there clipping highlights of anything. Certainly no other fan who’s watching as much film on our recruits.

How was it that I didn’t need to go to page 1 to know it must be Rhody15 taking a swipe at Studs? All this guy does is criticize on this board. Adds nothing but pugilistic rhetoric. Must be a sad and lonely keyboard warrior.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 months ago

How was it that I didn’t need to go to page 1 to know it must be Rhody15 taking a swipe at Studs? All this guy does is criticize on this board. Adds nothing but pugilistic rhetoric. Must be a sad and lonely keyboard warrior.
Can't speak in absolutes, saying "all" I do is criticize is 100% false, and you know it, along with everyone else.

Plenty of people agree with the majority of what I post, that's just a fact.

I have a different way of being a fan, doesn't take away from the fact I'm at 99% of home games and travel to away games for many years.

It's ok I'm not the leading cheerleader for every single recruit and watch full on high schools games of recruits.

To each is own.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Hyperbole much. Who are these plenty of people you speak of? Lol. 90% of what you post (and that’s being generous) is trying to dunk on someone else’s thoughts. But keep patting yourself on the back I’m sure it feels good.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 months ago

Can't speak in absolutes, saying "all" I do is criticize is 100% false, and you know it, along with everyone else.

Plenty of people agree with the majority of what I post, that's just a fact.

I have a different way of being a fan, doesn't take away from the fact I'm at 99% of home games and travel to away games for many years.

It's ok I'm not the leading cheerleader for every single recruit and watch full on high schools games of recruits.

To each is own.
Disagree.
LoveThoseRams is right.
All you do is criticize. You criticize some posters more than others. Some you don't criticize but plenty you are relentless on
Read Keaney Blue Rule #3. You constantly criticize and judge and try to stir up trouble.
Many here are beyond sick of it.

So there are 2 problems:

1. You don't believe you criticize 100% of the time. You don't believe you troll others and make people miserable. You cannot fix your problem if you don't look in the mirror and see what others see. If you don't know you come across this way nothing will change because you don't see the need.

2. You are clearly, positively constantly breaking Rule #3 yet I have never observed a KB Moderator make you aware of this. Maybe has happened "behind closed doors" but you don't change. If you were on the 247Friars Board you would have had to have changed your behavior or you would be gone. Fact that you continue your tormenting and trolling is one thing, fact you are unaware you even do it means you really need Moderators to step in. Posters step in and call you out often but it doesn't work mainly because you do not believe them.

RULES OF THE BOARD

1) No excessive swearing. A few naughty words are fine, since I'm sure we've all heard worse at every annual URI-PC game. However, this board is not the place to test out your personal additions to George Carlin's list.

2) Similar to the previous rule, don't swear or insult other users. It's okay to say, "You know, I don't really agree with your opinion because of X, Y and Z." It's NOT okay to say, "I don't agree with you because you're an F'ing F-Face."

3) Don't troll. For the uninitiated, trolling is posting something just to get a rise out of another user. Some light ribbing is to be expected, but don't hound the same user in thread after thread.

4) When posting images, the rating of the board should be considered between PG and R. Please don't post anything obviously offensive or "Not Safe for Work".
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SteveyStuds
Feel free to boast about this recruit :D
Pretty darn awesome company
Steps like this will get us back to Tier1 A10

IMG_0786.png
IMG_0785.jpeg
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Hyperbole much. Who are these plenty of people you speak of? Lol. 90% of what you post (and that’s being generous) is trying to dunk on someone else’s thoughts. But keep patting yourself on the back I’m sure it feels good.
You’ve quoted multiple things of mine the last week or so agreeing with my takes. Same with Blue Man, same with Jersey.

Also, anyone who acknowledges or “likes” posts translates to someone agreeing with said post.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Scroll to the very top of this thread. You have a post explaining your posting style. It has 1 like. So clearly “plenty” of people don’t like your style here. That would seem to be a decent barometer.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Like I said.

Problem #1: You troll and criticize constantly
Problem #2. You don't believe you have Problem #1
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago Like I said.

I don’t troll and post ridiculous wrong takes just to stir the pot. That’s Rhody72.

I criticize/disagree where I see fit.

I do it more than others, it is what it is.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I don’t troll and post ridiculous wrong takes just to stir the pot. That’s Rhody72.

Yes you do troll, you do stir the pot. The fact that you don't realize it is the problem.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 5 months ago

Yes you do troll, you do stir the pot. The fact that you don't realize it is the problem.
I stir the pot because people don’t like being criticized.

Trolling is Rhody72 saying he should help Jimmy Baron shoot FTs and Sebastian Thomas should work on his breathing.

There’s a massive difference.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Trolling is Rhody72 saying he should help Jimmy Baron shoot FTs and Sebastian Thomas should work on his breathing.

Your first line is literally an admission of trolling. You stir the pot in order to get under people's skin. That is literally the definition.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Hey guys and gals. It’s game day. More focus, less arguing. We actually have a decent team this year, there’s fun basketball to watch
7 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago

Your first line is literally an admission of trolling. You stir the pot in order to get under people's skin. That is literally the definition.
I don’t set out to stir the pot like 72. People get worked up because I criticize and disagree where I see fit.

I’m not gonna agree with people 100% here. Nobody does.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

You are your biggest fan no doubt about that.

People get worked up bc it's tiresome and adds zero value to the community assembled here.

That's all for me it's game day.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Meanwhile, what about Wagner?
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

@RhodyMBB posted another video of players going around promoting the game. At least they're trying! Just gotta keep winning and the students will show.
7 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

15 is alright, I don't have a problem with him. The one that got me was this one...
ramfansince58 wrote: 5 months ago You touted Rory and now you have to eat it. Get over it.
I was like wow

As the kids would say "That was aggressive."

stevey, I haven't seen anyone targeted like that since ScrodfromRanston came on just to antagonize Rod. I would wear it like a badge of honor.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody74 wrote: 5 months ago Meanwhile, what about Wagner?
KenPom gives the #188 Rams a 79% chance of beating #290 Wagner, with a predicted final of 73-64.

Massey Ratings gives the #140 Rams an 83% chance of beating #297 Wagner, with a predicted final of 70-60.

There are $2 hot dogs between 6-7 pm tonight. If we take care of business that might be the most intriguing portion of the evening
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Back to Rory, just for a moment. He's still here for the duration of the year. We have no idea what is going to happen with him. Probably not much, but stranger things have happened over the years than someone like Rory playing well enough to carve out some minutes, so we just have to wait and see.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago Hey guys and gals. It’s game day. More focus, less arguing. We actually have a decent team this year, there’s fun basketball to watch
Funny in the past I thought you could be Rhody15 on burner account. Asked Mods they said no - 2 different people. What seems to always happen when Rhody15 goes too far is people want to drop it. Never gets addressed.

It's too bad we have posters putting him on ignore but that's the only solution it appears or live with the trolling and antagonizing. Fun stuff.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago You are your biggest fan no doubt about that.

People get worked up bc it's tiresome and adds zero value to the community assembled here.

That's all for me it's game day.
It's tiresome and adds zero value. In a nutshell. Just trolling and getting under peoples skin.

Over and over again.

Wagner.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago
KenPom gives the #188 Rams a 79% chance of beating #290 Wagner, with a predicted final of 73-64.

Massey Ratings gives the #140 Rams an 83% chance of beating #297 Wagner, with a predicted final of 70-60.

There are $2 hot dogs between 6-7 pm tonight. If we take care of business that might be the most intriguing portion of the evening
Should be $2 beers.

Or even $5 dollar beers.
5 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago

I don’t set out to stir the pot like 72. People get worked up because I criticize and disagree where I see fit.

I’m not gonna agree with people 100% here. Nobody does.
You do stir the pot. 72 has moved on it appears. Not applicable.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 5 months ago Hey guys and gals. It’s game day. More focus, less arguing. We actually have a decent team this year, there’s fun basketball to watch
Funny in the past I thought you could be Rhody15 on burner account. Asked Mods they said no - 2 different people. What seems to always happen when Rhody15 goes too far is people want to drop it. Never gets addressed.

It's too bad we have posters putting him on ignore but that's the only solution it appears or live with the trolling and antagonizing. Fun stuff.
Dude relax, I don't call people names, swear, etc.

You literally called me a shithead few days ago lol and I couldn't care one iota you did.. and you're talking about "following the rules"
Last edited by Rhody15 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Should be $2 beers.

Or even $5 dollar beers.
That really would bring people in earlier. Doubt $2 hot dogs will bring extra people in early. At least it's trying something though
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You literally called me a shithead few days ago lol and I couldn't care one iota you did.. and you're talking about "following the rules"
Yep. I did.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

WBB at Maine 6pm tonight. 1st road game.
ESPN+

Ry-Fi maybe?
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

jcru wrote: 5 months ago Back to Rory, just for a moment. He's still here for the duration of the year. We have no idea what is going to happen with him. Probably not much, but stranger things have happened over the years than someone like Rory playing well enough to carve out some minutes, so we just have to wait and see.
Honestly, it's a good thing that he's buried on the bench. Means our team is significantly better than last year's.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Should be $2 beers.

Or even $5 dollar beers.
That really would bring people in earlier. Doubt $2 hot dogs will bring extra people in early. At least it's trying something though
Rhowdy and I went at each other about something last week pretty hard, can't remember what.

Since then, we've have agreed/acknowledged on each others posts multiple times, and all seems well.

It's not hard to do.
1 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

You must be the type that likes their own posts
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yep. I did.
This is the rule you abuse....

3) Don't troll. For the uninitiated, trolling is posting something just to get a rise out of another user. Some light ribbing is to be expected, but don't hound the same user in thread after thread.

Your ribbing is far from light.

Anyway obviously you don't get it. Never have.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago You must be the type that likes their own posts
Lol yea man defiently.

I'll send you a screenshot of everyone who has if you'd like!
0 x
Go Rhody