What happened to Yurview telecasts?

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

What happened to Yurview telecasts?

Unread post by PeteRI »

Is ESPN+ the only way to watch our championship team other than the occasional sports cable network? I already pay a fortune for cable without ESPN+. And even if I did have it there's no way to record the game for later viewing. What happened to Yurview? I know people bitched about the mediocre play by play, but it's great experience for student broadcasters and the camera work was fine.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: What happened to Yurview telecasts?

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

They let go of Chris Disano, so I'd imagine that was part of a larger downsizing where they're not having anything to do with URI anymore. The last item URI related seems to be from May 11th

https://www.yurview.com/category/uri-rams/
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago They let go of Chris Disano, so I'd imagine that was part of a larger downsizing where they're not having anything to do with URI anymore. The last item URI related seems to be from May 11th

The last story specifically about men's basketball sure is an example of poor timing, ha. As a writer, I feel for Chris - pretty sure anyone who does it for long enough has an experience similar to the one he had.
1 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

PeteRI wrote: 5 months ago Is ESPN+ the only way to watch our championship team other than the occasional sports cable network? I already pay a fortune for cable without ESPN+. And even if I did have it there's no way to record the game for later viewing. What happened to Yurview? I know people bitched about the mediocre play by play, but it's great experience for student broadcasters and the camera work was fine.
All ESPN+ games can be watched at a later date. I sometimes have to watch a replay of the Rams,
and never had a problem. The only problem is they keep jacking up the price. I'll cancel again in March.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago They let go of Chris Disano, so I'd imagine that was part of a larger downsizing where they're not having anything to do with URI anymore. The last item URI related seems to be from May 11th

Damn that's a shame about Chris. I thought he was solid on TV and as a writer.

Good lord Yurview is pathetic! The third story on their URI page is from January and the headline is "Rhody’s Brayon Freeman Is Maturing Before Our Eyes". Guess I'll have to shell out for ESPN+ for a couple months. 😡
0 x