Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote: 5 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Insane markup is pretty much par for the course at any major arena.

Folks wanted beers at games, now you got that. If you wanted cheap beers at games you probably need to either go back to Tulane in the 90s or sneak a six pack into your kids CYO game. I don't know any arena that regularly sells cheap beer.
And I agree - but any major arena has figured out how to get you a beer in under 5-7 minutes, has WiFi, and shows replays of the action.

I won't complain about the beers - but if you're going to charge those big arena prices, you better give me a big arena product.
I still can't figure out why it takes so long for the Ryan Center to sell a beer. I've watched it hundreds of times, and each time, I think, "what is wrong with this person that they can't serve a beer in under 10 minutes?"...and think back to Keith and John (?) in the old Rhody pub...those guys could dole out brewhoffers, they were actually waiting for you to pay...
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Insane markup is pretty much par for the course at any major arena.

Folks wanted beers at games, now you got that. If you wanted cheap beers at games you probably need to either go back to Tulane in the 90s or sneak a six pack into your kids CYO game. I don't know any arena that regularly sells cheap beer.
And I agree - but any major arena has figured out how to get you a beer in under 5-7 minutes, has WiFi, and shows replays of the action.

I won't complain about the beers - but if you're going to charge those big arena prices, you better give me a big arena product.
lol this is fair !
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

It’s convenient to sell at the concession windows but I kind of miss the pub areas at the concourses.
0 x
GO RAMS
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

Paid $14 for a Shaidzon tall boy tonight and guy next to me paid $11 for a 12 oz Whalers. It’s certainly better than not having it, but can’t agree more that there is a right to be taken back by the price when the Dunk has bigger beers for same price up the road.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

💯 I also did see the media wifi password posted on Twitter earlier. What is the over under is for the RC to change it prior to the next game.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Light show and intro video was cool. Seems updated.
2 x
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 months ago Light show and intro video was cool. Seems updated.
Updates minus wifi
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Memo to Dan Yorke; less is more.
4 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 months ago

💯 I also did see the media wifi password posted on Twitter earlier. What is the over under is for the RC to change it prior to the next game.
please post the PW here
1 x
:lol:
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Still my biggest grief is a consistent board showing stats during free throws. Like is it too difficult to provide stats on 2pt, 3pt, FT and fouls for our players during the game?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote: 5 months ago Still my biggest grief is a consistent board showing stats during free throws. Like is it too difficult to provide stats on 2pt, 3pt, FT and fouls for our players during the game?
Just look at them on your phone! Not like we don’t have great Wi-Fi!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

theblueram wrote: 5 months ago Still my biggest grief is a consistent board showing stats during free throws. Like is it too difficult to provide stats on 2pt, 3pt, FT and fouls for our players during the game?
Unfortunately that's considered a feature, not a bug. Since the action is stopped/slowed down they know you're more likely to be looking at the board, so it becomes all advertisement and no information. If you want to find out the information you have to skip watching the game
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 months ago
Unfortunately that's considered a feature, not a bug. Since the action is stopped/slowed down they know you're more likely to be looking at the board, so it becomes all advertisement and no information. If you want to find out the information you have to skip watching the game
One has to keep/compile those stats in their head during the game. It would be interesting to ask whoever is in charge of that nonsense, what they suggest fans do that want to see stats during the game. Stay home where you have wifi?
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago
One has to keep/compile those stats in their head during the game. It would be interesting to ask whoever is in charge of that nonsense, what they suggest fans do that want to see stats during the game. Stay home where you have wifi?
Hah! My wife was doing that early in the first half. Luis had 3 FT's. He missed the first and she gave the URI "AWWWW!!". He hit the second and she said "he's 1-1, so 50%. That's not bad". He hit the third and she said "he's 2-3, so 75%. That's good". I just looked at her and laughed. This is why we need stats on the board!!!!!
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Good math skills taught in EP?😉
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 5 months ago Good math skills taught in EP?😉
Hah!!!!!!
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 5 months ago

please post the PW here
Yeah KB member benefit = WIFI access

:)
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 5 months ago Memo to Dan Yorke; less is more.
He hangs up on people on his radio show. He doesn’t understand. 🤣
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 months ago It’s convenient to sell at the concession windows but I kind of miss the pub areas at the concourses.
Wait. So the Rhody Pubes are gone?!
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Yep, beer sales moved to the main concession areas. No more blue curtains with gate keeper.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 months ago It’s convenient to sell at the concession windows but I kind of miss the pub areas at the concourses.
Well that's a personal question
6 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Well that's a personal question
This rank very high in classic KB posts…….maybe along with, “who sits……”
Well played!
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I am guessing he got that message. He was not quite as obnoxious as he can be, but he made several mistakes.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 months ago
I am guessing he got that message. He was not quite as obnoxious as he can be, but he made several mistakes.
He is obnoxious enough on his radio show. Maybe he is redirecting his energy.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

They were clean shaven.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

section(105) wrote: 5 months ago Yep, beer sales moved to the main concession areas. No more blue curtains with gate keeper.

They got rid of the wrong color shower curtains
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 months ago
section(105) wrote: 5 months ago Yep, beer sales moved to the main concession areas. No more blue curtains with gate keeper.

They got rid of the wrong color shower curtains
I am almost 40 years old and I’ve never felt more nervous than having my ID checked at the Pube.

The black shower curtains are and forevermore = CUT CURTAIN BAIT
3 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

it is literally the dumbest press area/penthouse I have ever seen

As if our press coverage is so large that we need our own zip code for the real estate that is given

Wake up Thor my goodness

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Is this the year where Rhody marketing wakes up and puts Disano and Stevie Mac on the streaming product? Or will we keep them relagated to an app that I’m sure sees minuscule audience. A waste of talent and a disservice to the program and viewing audience.
8 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Is this the year where Rhody marketing wakes up and puts Disano and Stevie Mac on the streaming product? Or will we keep them relagated to an app that I’m sure sees minuscule audience. A waste of talent and a disservice to the program and viewing audience.
Over/under the app averages 99.5 listeners a game?

I’d hammer the under in the majority of the games.
1 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 5 months ago
bigappleram wrote: 5 months ago Is this the year where Rhody marketing wakes up and puts Disano and Stevie Mac on the streaming product? Or will we keep them relagated to an app that I’m sure sees minuscule audience. A waste of talent and a disservice to the program and viewing audience.
Over/under the app averages 99.5 listeners a game?

I’d hammer the under in the majority of the games.
15 I would say it’s 9 or 10% of that number.

If you remember when I did an informal poll around 80% of people said they stream vs the app or follow stats. It makes absolutely no sense to not either move Chris and Steve to the video product or simply simulcast them to both. This is not hard. Wake up marketing please !!!

And if you want to still give Harrington students some airtime then make them the sideline reporters, have them do in depth pieces on players for halftime airing, etc. Lots of ways to keep them involved and still put out a better TV product.
Then everyone wins.
5 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

FWIW, I watch on ESPN+ (or other viewing medium) listen on Varsity, and look at the live stats on GoRhody, while “watching” the game.
Last edited by KevanBoyles 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 5 months ago FWIW, I watch on ESPN +, listen on Varsity, and look at the live stats on GoRhody while “watching” the game.
I've never really bothered with trying to match up the radio audio with the video stream, but if its the students doing the video broadcast again, which I fully expect it will be, then I might have to finally do that this season. Not sure I can take another year of that.
2 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

:oops:
adam914 wrote: 5 months ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 5 months ago FWIW, I watch on ESPN +, listen on Varsity, and look at the live stats on GoRhody while “watching” the game.
I've never really bothered with trying to match up the radio audio with the video stream, but if its the students doing the video broadcast again, which I fully expect it will be, then I might have to finally do that this season. Not sure I can take another year of that.
It’s not hard to do. Just have to work at it.

Sometimes I do listen to the students but not for long. I do enjoy Stone though.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Stone isn’t a student though.

And this is not a knock on the students. However a color commentator especially is there to provide context, insights and perspective. You simply don’t have that at 20 years old.
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Agreed!

That app isn’t a very good user experience.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I’m on URI Open WiFi amazingly. I plan to buy $1998 of powerball tix cuz it’s obviously my lucky day.
5 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 months ago I’m on URI Open WiFi amazingly. I plan to buy $1998 of powerball tix cuz it’s obviously my lucky day.
$1998 cuz it’s like being back in 1998 before wifi?
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Okay they def turned down the sound a bit this year right? My ears weren’t bleeding after tonight like usual
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 months ago it is literally the dumbest press area/penthouse I have ever seen

As if our press coverage is so large that we need our own zip code for the real estate that is given

Wake up Thor my goodness

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid
Picture from last night just for you ECR

Look at all the empty seats in the press area/penthouse

It's ugly, it's much bigger than necessary.
Never seen this set up in any basketball arena

Note the godfather sits front row but behind the press penthouse
IMG_0664.jpeg
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Maybe that set was to anticipate a large local, regional, and some national media coverage as URI grew into a power program?🤔😏
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

The long blue balloon chain passed around the arena was fun activity, No?
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Eh, if people had fun with it sure. As long as it doesn't get in my way or I'm expected to participate I don't care
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 5 months ago Maybe that set was to anticipate a large local, regional, and some national media coverage as URI grew into a power program?🤔😏
No
Most all schools have a length of tables with the press. They don't have the single row of court side seating.
We are unique with the black shower curtain and such an inefficient use of valuable court side seating.
Embaronsing.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 5 months ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 months ago it is literally the dumbest press area/penthouse I have ever seen

Wake up Thor my goodness

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid

IMG_0664.jpeg
i wish i saw this BEFORE i ate breakfast

what the heck are we thinking ?!?!

THINK STUPID, WE DO

so damn ugly and inefficient

whomever talks to thorr next time can they bring this up ?

and its such an easy fix...
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

in addition to looking fugly - looks like we are giving up 84 seats too

like what has been said - no one has this stupid setup.. no one

get rid of this - it is long overdue

this and not completing the circle *under the main scoreboard" are the 2 biggest mistakes of the RC

however, this one can be fixed in a day
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 months ago in addition to looking fugly - looks like we are giving up 84 seats too

this and not completing the circle *under the main scoreboard" are the 2 biggest mistakes of the RC

If those 84 seats could be sold every game, it would have happened already?
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

can you imagine sitting on the uri bench and looking across and seeing a black curtain

does that inspire you ?
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 months ago in addition to looking fugly - looks like we are giving up 84 seats too

If those 84 seats could be sold every game, it would have happened already?
Put the students in 104(where they belong). Displaced season ticket holders from 104 and put the in those 84ish seats? Sounds to simple, boy o boy, we have plowed this ground over and over……
Last edited by section(105) 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 months ago
ramster wrote: 5 months ago

Wake up Thor my goodness

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid

IMG_0664.jpeg
i wish i saw this BEFORE i ate breakfast

what the heck are we thinking ?!?!

THINK STUPID, WE DO

so damn ugly and inefficient

whomever talks to thorr next time can they bring this up ?

and its such an easy fix...
tbjorn@uri.edu

Let us know what you find out
1 x