incomplete
7 yard pass
incomplete
5 yard pass
1 yard pass
4 yard pass, 6 yards after the catch
-1 yard pass, 18 yards after the catch
1 yard pass, 5 yards after the catch

6 of 8 for 46 yards. Actually 6 of 8 for 17 yards if you take away the effort after the catch by the receiver.
It doesn’t make sense to “take away” the YAC if the play design is get guys the ball in space. You called it “dink and dunk” elsewhere in this thread too - idk, maybe it is truly dink and dunk and receivers are making incredible plays afterwards (I wasn’t able to watch the game today), but if the pass game is designed to scheme easy throws that allow for your best athletes to operate in space then that’s different from dink and dunk. There are more efficient ways to get advance the ball down the field than throwing effectively jump balls as far as the QBs arm will allow. I’m all for an offense that utilizes motion, lots of crossers, screen game, etc., to get guys the ball on the move in an area where they have a chance to beat a defender 1-on-1.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
jcru
Sly Williams

Re: Game 9 Football vs New Hampshire 1pm Sat Oct 28 FloSports

Unread post by jcru »

1. It's an observation. It was an atypical very short passing scheme up until that point.

2. I guess my main point is, if you are going to do that, and not take a shot down the field, not take some risks, with the season on the line, then why come back for a 7th season? This team is LOADED and was supposed to make the playoffs this year.

After that, it was a pleasant surprise that they did open the playbook up, but for one half, again, with the season on the line: very short pass attempts, leading to the Defense cheating up and making it nearly impossible to do anything, run or pass.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

OBRAM wrote: 6 months ago 50FA56C6-9111-41F8-9542-C1513BA78606.png
https://x.com/flofootball/status/17183 ... pExcKzO3og
OBRAM,
That video from FloFootball is great. Amazing shot of him flipping over.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 6 months ago
jcru wrote: 6 months ago Unh tries to go for it on 4th and 1 deep in their own territory and Rhody finally makes them pay for it.

Pick six interception by Rhody
Called back

More awful officiating
As soon as the pass was deflected I thought it was pass interference on Syeed Gibbs of URI - I thought it before the Ref threw the Flag.
Then Jarrett Martin caught the deflection and ran it into the end zone with a tremendous run. Somehow Martin needs to get into the starting lineup.
But I knew unfortunately it was coming back.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jcru wrote: 6 months ago McKenzie rush
Hill to Buchanan catch and run
McKenzie rush

all day long. UNH has no answer for that
Buchanan with some great footwork and evasive moves to break open after the catch. I'd like to see Buchanan get more targets. He has good hands and very dangerous after the catch.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I thought the 50 yard FG attempt looked good by UNH from where I was sitting. I guess it was a little wide right? Or a bit short? Or both? Anyone see how much it missed by?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Going back to 2004 URI has gone 3-15 vs UNH with 2 of those 3 wins being the last 2 home games at URI. This latest victory makes 3 straight home wins.

UNH was favored by 4.5 points yesterday. Good win.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Views of the new scoreboard scheduled for unveiling on November 11 vs NC A&T

IMG_0486.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

ramster wrote: 6 months ago Views of the new scoreboard scheduled for unveiling on November 11 vs NC A&T

IMG_0486.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
Thanks for the photo’s, Ramster. Always very appreciated.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 6 months ago
ramster wrote: 6 months ago Views of the new scoreboard scheduled for unveiling on November 11 vs NC A&T

IMG_0486.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
Thanks for the photo’s, Ramster. Always very appreciated.
Funny thing Jdrums, the clock didn't work and stayed at 0:00 except for halftime when it did count down from 20:00
Then it stayed at 0:00 the 2nd half

Sometimes, in fact oftentimes, the scoreboard would go completely blank and come back on again, often flickered.

So you might say the timing is right to get a new one.

Then go back to working on the Ry-Fi :roll: :roll:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

3Q drive by UNH Devin Walker pinned UNH at the 5 yard line. He kicked from the 50 as he delayed, scrambled left and pooch kicked it. Well done.

UNH drove to URI 36. On 4th and 9 UNH chose to punt. I thought what? UNH is punting from the URI 36???

UNH had a strange looking Punt formation, heavily loaded to right. URI stayed traditional balance over center. It looked strange and I was thinking they could be faking the punt. The punter was slowly drifting tight and I thought more towards a fake. Snapped it and the punter ran right for 18 yards. 1st and 10 from URI 18.

I'm no expert, by far, but if I could smell a fake punt because they were on URI's 18 plus thr formation was weighted tight, plus the punter was edging right then why didn't URI call a timeout or adjust?

Overall I thought the coaching staff and players were solid. Just this one play was puzzling. Anyone else see it this way?
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

ramster wrote: 6 months ago I thought the 50 yard FG attempt looked good by UNH from where I was sitting. I guess it was a little wide right? Or a bit short? Or both? Anyone see how much it missed by?
The Flo broadcast had a good angle. It looked good off his foot, but faded and ended up wide right, although it looked as if it was long enough.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

On the same drive UNH got to 2nd down and 9 moving from the 18 to the 9 yard line on 1st down.
On 2nd and 1 Westley Neal II had a tackle for a 3 yard loss to make it 3rd and 4. Huge play by Neal.
Jarrett Martin broke up a pass on 3rd down so we held to UNH to a FG after they drove all the way from their own 5 yard line.
0 x