A10 Secret Scrimmages and Charity Games

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: A10 Secret Scrimmages and Charity Games

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 6 months ago
SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago
ramster wrote: 6 months ago Box Score from George Mason vs St Thomas

I watched the entire game
Not impressed by George Mason. Would be surprised if GMU finished as high as 10th as A10 Coaches voted preseason. Kim English didn't leave GMU with much upon his departure for PC

Anthony Harris
36 minutes
3-13 FG, 2-6 3FG, 8-12 FTs for 16 points
5 rebounds
4 assists
5 turnovers
1 steals
3 shots blocked by GMU

Was not overly impressed by Harris. Shooting proficiency not great, 5 turnovers. He had 3 shots blocked on drives inside that were forced and going nowhere. 2-6 on 3Ps with 1 airball. Similar to Freeman last year where he forced some bad shots inside that got easily blocked. 2-
Harris had 1 steal but played decent defense and he played hard.
St Thomas doesn't have much in offensive weapons except for their #5 Milton Mathews who hit 6-12 3Ps on his way to game hi 21 points.
Expected more from Harris based on his 21 page recruiting KB page and the hype. Still think we would have lost 1st round to LaSalle in A10 1st round had Harris been eligible. Not really a big difference maker imho.
It's just 1 game of course. Will be interesting to see if he builds a case to transfer up to D1 next season from this NAIA St Thomas team.

IMG_0394.jpeg
You kind of left out his most impressive box score stat - Ten drawn fouls. That's a pretty crazy amount, considering that from the box score it looks like there was one other guy with a pulse on their roster. If he's eligible, he's moving up.
Yeah, that's what I was most impressed with as well. He has a knack for getting to the line and drawing fouls. I thought he looked good in the pick-and-roll as well. He played solid defense. He did a great job setting up his teammates many times, but they just didn't finish most of the opportunities, or they got fouled and went to the line. Sometimes, they were completely out of position. His shot didn't look great, but I never expected him to be much of a shooter. He's one of those guards who would look better with more talented scorers around him. Besides Matthews, his teammates were mostly struggling. I don't think there was anyone else on the team who could create like he did. He seemed like the only point guard they had and his coach had him play all the minutes he could handle.

He definitely would have been one of our better players last year from what I saw, but our team was horrible, so that's not saying much. Like last night, he probably would have had issues with our frontcourt, as it was so bad. Anyways, he's never coming here, so I wish him luck and can't wait to see our new guys!

Check out some highlights here. Also, I would be shocked if we're not better than George Mason. They did not look good.
Yeah I imagine we would have had him running the point more often than Sebastian Thomas which would have worked out much better for us lol.

Either way, happy we got Luis and Always!

Where's my scrimmage leaks!?
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Of course our exhibition won't be televised when GMU's is

And I see Tennessee southern vs Tennessee Tech will have their exhibition televised.

Okay if we are good again can this crap not happen anymore? Almost every other program with an ounce of interest has had their exhibitions televised for years now.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Yeah, but that's the difference between an exhibition like we have a week from tomorrow vs. a secret scrimmage. Secret scrimmages are never televised. If our game against Assumption isn't on ESPN+ I'll be right there with you on this
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don’t think any of our exhibition games have ever been televised, us out of staters just wait from the reports for people that go
0 x
DuneClub
Abdul Fox

Unread post by DuneClub »

PC wants to have a number of easy games (cupcakes)
This quote got me interested and I looked Sched up. It's stupid. While not an ultra tough pre-BE there are some qual programs they will likely not go 50/50 against.
Wisconsin, OU, Miami, KSU. Yes g's came through the BE but they aren't going to win those games (maybe UW). They have a good schedule.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Are we even certain URI played Harvard at this point? This is weird not to have heard a peep.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 6 months ago Yeah, but that's the difference between an exhibition like we have a week from tomorrow vs. a secret scrimmage. Secret scrimmages are never televised. If our game against Assumption isn't on ESPN+ I'll be right there with you on this
Thats what I'm talking about.

It won't be on ESPN+
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I would stream the exhibition on my phone, but it doesn't work in the Ryan Center.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 6 months ago I would stream the exhibition on my phone, but it doesn't work in the Ryan Center.
Neither do the concession stand attendants.
1 x
Go Rhody
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

SLU beats Kentucky Wesleyan 85-75
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Boston College beat Seton Hall 73-70 in New Jersey in a secret scrimmage
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

There it is...settled already... BC, contenders in the ACC and A10 one of the top conferences in the country.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Not a secret scrimmage but an actual exhibition game.
George Mason at West Virginia tonight at 7:00 ESPN+
Should be an interesting match-up with a 1st year coach and an interim coach.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Box score from West Virginia win over George Mason

IMG_0472.png
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

ramster wrote: 6 months ago Box score from West Virginia win over George Mason

IMG_0472.png
Not the best game for WVU. Akok Akok collapsed on the court and had to get stretchered off, and Kerr Krissa went down with an injury later in the game but ended up coming back.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Akok played 3 years at Uconn although only 7 games in the 20-21 season. After the 21-22 season he transferred to Georgetown and played without sitting out a year. After the 21-22 season he transferred to WVU and apparently is eligible this season without sitting out a year as he played in tonight's game. Granted Georgetown's coach was fired but Akok did not sit out this year. He obviously did transfer twice and never had to sit out a year.
Is this a good sign for David Green?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

eli#10 wrote: 6 months ago Akok played 3 years at Uconn although only 7 games in the 20-21 season. After the 21-22 season he transferred to Georgetown and played without sitting out a year. After the 21-22 season he transferred to WVU and apparently is eligible this season without sitting out a year as he played in tonight's game. Granted Georgetown's coach was fired but Akok did not sit out this year. He obviously did transfer twice and never had to sit out a year.
No. Akok Akok is a Grad Transfer. As such he does not have to sit out a year.

Green is not a Grad Transfer.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

eli#10 wrote: 6 months ago Akok played 3 years at Uconn although only 7 games in the 20-21 season. After the 21-22 season he transferred to Georgetown and played without sitting out a year. After the 21-22 season he transferred to WVU and apparently is eligible this season without sitting out a year as he played in tonight's game. Granted Georgetown's coach was fired but Akok did not sit out this year. He obviously did transfer twice and never had to sit out a year.
Akok is a graduate transfer. I'm not sure if he needed a waiver even.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago
Akok is a graduate transfer. I'm not sure if he needed a waiver even.
No waiver needed for Akok Akok. He is a Grad Transfer. No sit our year required.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramfan22 wrote: 6 months ago
ramster wrote: 6 months ago Box score from West Virginia win over George Mason

IMG_0472.png
Not the best game for WVU. Akok Akok collapsed on the court and had to get stretchered off, and Kerr Krissa went down with an injury later in the game but ended up coming back.
In attendance at WVU hosting GMU Friday night:
IMG_0473.jpeg
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Looks like Bobby lost a few.
0 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Quite a few. Good for him.
Last edited by ramster 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow unrecognizable
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Bob Hugh Bear Cub……