Brayon Freeman Dismissed from Team

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Brayon Freeman

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 9 months ago
ramster wrote: 9 months ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
I recognized that months ago. Where have you been?

This is what happens to a kid whose parents and friends are leaches, and you love them as most kids do.
Will be interesting to see how Freeman does this season. What did he learn from last season and how does he perform for Cliff Ellis, the winningest HC in College Basketball???

74DADCFE-56A2-495F-B761-4C0CEB992374.png
Well Ramster, that is only if Bray is able to obtain an immediate play waiver from the NCAA for this season. If not, I guess we will have to wait and see how he does in 24-25.
Will be interesting to see if getting kicked off a team by the HC plays any part in Waiver approval.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Will be interesting to see how Freeman does this season. What did he learn from last season and how does he perform for Cliff Ellis, the winningest HC in College Basketball???

Well Ramster, that is only if Bray is able to obtain an immediate play waiver from the NCAA for this season. If not, I guess we will have to wait and see how he does in 24-25.
Will be interesting to see if getting kicked off a team by the HC plays any part in Waiver approval.
Yeah, I thought about that also, just not sure.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Ramster, did you quote me correctly? The first sentence is probably mine, but I'm not sure of the rest. Could you post my complete post? TIA.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 9 months ago

Ramster, did you quote me correctly? The first sentence is probably mine, but I'm not sure of the rest. Could you post my complete post? TIA.
Sorry 72, but I don't see where I quoted you at all. Can you please clarify?
Last edited by ramster 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 8 months ago

Sorry 77, but I don't see where I quoted you at all. Can you please clarify?
Ramster, I think you meant 72.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 8 months ago
Sorry 77, but I don't see where I quoted you at all. Can you please clarify?
Ramster, I think you meant 72.
I did. Thanks. Fixed it.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Sorry 72, but I don't see where I quoted you at all. Can you please clarify?
In one post below it appears that I said
"This is what happens to a kid whose parents and friends are leaches, and you love them as most kids do."
It may have been some sloppy editing by someone other than you that makes it appear that I said that.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: Brayon Freeman Dismissed from Team

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 6 months ago
Further bad news for the Green appeal. Doesn't seem leaving the team early helps on these
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 6 months ago
Further bad news for the Green appeal. Doesn't seem leaving the team early helps on these
Are the cases comparable? Bray was dismissed. What was Green's reason for leaving?

From the PROJO
"URI assistant coach Kenny Johnson served as the lead recruiter for Green, who could eventually apply for a blanket COVID-19 year courtesy of the NCAA and a medical waiver to replace his lost 2022-23 campaign. That could give him up to three additional seasons of eligibility with the Rams."
Last edited by LoveThoseRams 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 6 months ago
Are the cases comparable? Bray was dismissed. What was Green's reason for leaving?
Playing time and disagreements with the coach I think but he only played 5 games last year due to injury so that will help a lot more compared to Brays injury
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh seems like they are denying more than approving these , we need David Green eligible immediately. !!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

From the PROJO
"URI assistant coach Kenny Johnson served as the lead recruiter for Green, who could eventually apply for a blanket COVID-19 year courtesy of the NCAA and a medical waiver to replace his lost 2022-23 campaign. That could give him up to three additional seasons of eligibility with the Rams."
Bray is a malcontent who played almost an entire season on a team he joined for a new coach.

Green transferred to a school, his coach was fired, then tried to stick it out, got hurt after 6 games, and went looking for a change.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 6 months ago

From the PROJO
Bray is a malcontent who played almost an entire season on a team he joined for a new coach.

Green transferred to a school, his coach was fired, then tried to stick it out, got hurt after 6 games, and went looking for a change.
If they have evidence that his injury was season ending, he can receive a medical hardship waiver and get that additional year which would give him 3 more seasons providing he sticks it out that long.

Not sure though that alone would qualify him for immediate play or a sufficient reason for transferring, considering how the NCAA has been handling these waiver requests.

I hope he does get approved but not banking on it.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 6 months ago

From the PROJO

Sure, but you expect me to believe the NCAA understands nuances such as this? I'll believe it when I see it
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines