URIMBB Season Tix - KB who’s in?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: URIMBB Season Tix - KB who’s in?

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 7 months ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 7 months ago Wait, did I read that correctly? There was a pre-registration for a Coaches Show at the MEWS?
Yes, correct. The bait was a ticket for one Shaizone(spelling) beer. Attendance was poor(my opine) with few tables and chairs unoccupied. Apparently, people tried to register and was too late. Strange.
It’s funny but also sad how poorly URI seems to do the easiest of things.
1 x
Go Rhody
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Rhody15 wrote: 7 months ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 7 months ago Wait, did I read that correctly? There was a pre-registration for a Coaches Show at the MEWS?
Yes, correct. The bait was a ticket for one Shaizone(spelling) beer. Attendance was poor(my opine) with few tables and chairs unoccupied. Apparently, people tried to register and was too late. Strange.
Why the negativity. When you have a registered event, there is always many no shows. Maybe URI did not plan for excess or maybe they experienced a higher than average number of no-shows. The upstairs at Mews is narrow and cramped not a great venue for a crowded event.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Obadiah wrote: 7 months ago

Why the negativity. When you have a registered event, there is always many no shows. Maybe URI did not plan for excess or maybe they experienced a higher than average number of no-shows. The upstairs at Mews is narrow and cramped not a great venue for a crowded event.
And don't even get me started on the freaking parking there :lol: ... I would say (w/o knowing how many registrants there were) that even a $5 donation to the Athletic fund as a requirement to register...would have probably eliminated most of the "registered" no-shows.

Do it at Whaler's...big, open spot, plenty o' room
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Mews parking needs a re do. Dunkin Donuts like.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I'm in. Section 105. Come say hi.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 7 months ago Mews parking needs a re do. Dunkin Donuts like.
you mean...a flustercuck?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 7 months ago
Obadiah wrote: 7 months ago

And don't even get me started on the freaking parking there :lol: ... I would say (w/o knowing how many registrants there were) that even a $5 donation to the Athletic fund as a requirement to register...would have probably eliminated most of the "registered" no-shows.

Do it at Whaler's...big, open spot, plenty o' room
I think you're right. If they expect a sellout they should have a token donation like $5. It won't stop anyone from going but it will stop people from just signing up figuring if they end up not being able to make it who cares, it was free. It cares to the people not able to sign up and I'm sure the coaches would rather a full house
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Just received eMail from URI that hard copy and digital tix will go out next week….
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Hard copy MBB tix arrived in mail today as promised…

👍
2 x