Unread post by jcru »

facemask, Maine, 15 yards
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 3 Football @ Maine 6:30pm Fri Sept 15 FloSports

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

jcru wrote: 7 months ago McKenzie break out party, runs for about 15
Yeah, this feels for him like the game he took over the RB position putting Sloat back to a third down role
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

faked to McKenzie and Hill took off the other way to the sideline with the ball. They look so much alike in uniform, would expect to see that from time to time
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

McKenzie with another 8 on 3rd and 1.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

backup QB in.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

downing the ball, one more time, game ought to be over.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Good win
2 x
GO RAMS
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

historic win in Orono. Playoff hopes very much on track. Should move up in the rankings this week.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

This could have easily been 41-17, but what it ending up being is about as much as you'll ever see Fleming run up the score, and it was only to secure the win.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Pretty much exactly what you're looking for out of tonight. Nice conference win at a team that has been your nemesis. No injuries that I can recall. They needed to win this week or next for their playoff hopes to be in decent shape. Big one next week at Villanova
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

McKenzie with 152 all purpose yards (with 121 on the ground and just the one reception for 31 yards).

Still, Summers likely player of game.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

McKenzie is a beast. Unbelievable weapon when we are ahead and milking clock. Also late in games when no one wants to tackle a linebacker in a RB uniform. Kasim was off tonight and still got out with an easy victory. Great defensive adjustments after that first drive.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

LFG
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

couple of thoughts:

I'm glad Fleming didn't put Silas back in after the fumble which led to an easy 7 points for Maine. He can have another shot in Villanova, but running backs need to learn that that is completely unacceptable and that's the only way they will learn. And this team has 3 other backs who are just as good if not better. Not to mention that all of the extra time led to a coming out for McKenzie, he really only got garbage time last week against Stony Brook. He's the real deal.

Also, glad I didn't call my older bro and give him my password to FloSports. They wouldn't let me stream on two devices in my home that were like 12 feet apart from one another, could you imagine my brother is East Bay and I'm West Bay? We would both be seeing every other minute of the game, everytime you log into one device, it logs you out of the other device after about a min. Was not expecting that.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 7 months ago McKenzie is a beast. Unbelievable weapon when we are ahead and milking clock. Also late in games when no one wants to tackle a linebacker in a RB uniform. Kasim was off tonight and still got out with an easy victory. Great defensive adjustments after that first drive.
You know what, you're right about the defense. I was a little bit down on their performance, but Maine had the first drive, a TD on a very short field, and a field goal. Good effort from them.

Winning is fun
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Football school
5 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Flo highlights of game...

2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

“Drop football, start D1 hockey”

Lol

Still looking forward to people trying to justify that every so often.
3 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

lol
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Only three penalties!
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Awesome to watch good quality football at Rhody!!
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I lost my Rhody Varsity App at halftime. I had to listen to the Maine stream. Their announcers gave us a good review. It wasn’t bad listening to them.
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

jcru wrote: 7 months ago
reef wrote: 7 months ago I just saw URI -10.5

You guys think we cover ??
This is Fleming's 10th year as coach, he previously has 1 win (last year at Meade) and 8 losses vs Maine, and we haven't beaten Maine at Orono in two decades, and the game is in Maine, the day before a hurricane makes landfall. We are a pass-first oriented team.

I think we should just be absolutely bonkers, over the top thrilled, if we come out of there with a "W", nevermind cover 11 points.

Maine is the URI Football team's personal nemesis, twice in the last two decades they stopped a potential playoff run cold and even stole the playoff bid from URI in doing so, climbed over our backs, and went to the playoffs instead, beating us in games we "had a great spread and were supposed to win". At least one of those games was in Meade, non existent home field advantage. The visiting underdog team all fired up. Don't be surprised if Summers or Savedge are in the open field on a breakaway, the sprinkler system suddenly turns on. The level of contempt is something above absolute hatred. It doesn't matter if they might be on a down year, they'll eat raw manure for breakfast before they let a shitty little team from piss-hole-in-the-snow Rhode Island leave that field with a win.

And that's before the officiating crew has their say in the matter..... ! Buckle up.
Jcru and I are gonna start a sports-betting advice show.
We will charge to share our opinions, so smart gamblers will know which teams to bet on!
:lol:
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I guess, since I don't bet, never have, I really don't care about the spread.

I do know that we have scored 35, 35, and now 34 points the last three games, so it's been pretty consistent against everyone.
Last edited by jcru 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Exhibit b: i went on a 20-minute rant today about how much chris sale sucks.
Bet my wife $1 that he wouldn’t go 5 innings.

Pm me if you want personalized advice.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The fact that we won in such convincing fashion aside... what would possess someone to bet on a game where URI is going into Orono, ME?

That was the point I was trying to make. Not to "take the under". To just be happy with a win.

I mean, I know gambling is an addiction, and I do not wish to belittle anyone for it. But betting on a game like this... just completely unnecessary. We play Maine every year and haven't won in Orono in 25 years prior to yesterday, and they had us winning by an estimated 11 points, which is great, but you can't find an easier game to bet on than that?

That being said, this URI team is even better than anyone anticipated. Some of the players we picked up in the off season have proven to be much better than advertised, and the receiving corps is the best we have had in 3 decades, possibly the best ever.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jcru wrote: 7 months ago Flo highlights of game...

good post jcru..........

The URI Offensive Line has been very solid enabling Hill to have time to throw and to protect Hill from the defense whenever Hill leaves the pocket. The Offensive Line also has enabled the running backs to produce and continue to improve

78 Left Tackle Lorenzo Thompson 6'7" 295 R-SR
70 Left Guard Adam McKanna 6'5" 300 R-SO - Replaced Michael Scibelli this season
64 Center Sebastian Delasoudas 6'2" 305 R-SR
75 Right Guard Nick Correia 6'6" 330 R-SR
79 Right Tackle Brock Bethea 6'5" 305 R-SO - Transferred to URI from Chattanooga for this season. Bethea replaced AJ Cornelius who now starts at Right Tackle for Oregon
89 Tight End Brady Roark 6'2" 230 R-JR - Was the back-up last year fo Caleb Warren

Of Note in the video at the 3:30 minute mark you can see Adam McKanna pat Kasim Hill on the back as the two walk off the field following a Hill Interception. Interesting seeing the 2nd year and 1st year starter McKanna consoling the 5th year QB Hill. During the Georgia State Game Hill threw an interception and was furious, throwing his helmet to the ground and walling about 40 yards down the bench to sit by himself. Like seeing the Leadership by McKanna to support his QB.

Thompson, Delasoudas and Correia are all starters from prior year(s) and form a solid nucleus.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The last time URI had a Placekicker hit one from 47 yards or longer was a long 10 years ago. True Freshman Ty Groff hit from 47 yards and from 42 years vs Maine going 2-2 and also 4-4 Extra Points.
His Extra Point attempts have plenty of strength behind them

Already Groff is in the URI Record Book tied for 7th in longest Field Goals with his 47 yarder!!
FF7BDB49-5DA2-4745-B7D8-2DC0B238923F.png
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 7 months ago Exhibit b: i went on a 20-minute rant today about how much chris sale sucks.
Bet my wife $1 that he wouldn’t go 5 innings.

Pm me if you want personalized advice.
I'll let you know the next time I'm about to hit the links. I'd appreciate it if right before that, maybe you could tell everyone how much I suck at golf?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Our 2 Safeties were solid once again. Jordan Colbert, playing his 2nd season for URI after transferring from Columbia, and Brent Jackson, the transfer from Bucknell, led the team with 9 tackles apiece.
Colbett with 6 solo, 3 assists
Jackson with 2 solo, 7 assists

AJ Pena with 1.5 sacks continues to pressure the QB as he did last season as well
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

It was #25 Fredrick Mallay, a Jr from Mount Pleasant HS, that had the lone interception in the 4th quarter in the endzone.

The play before that, he broke up a deep pass along the same sideline deep down the field.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

jcru wrote: 7 months ago The fact that we won in such convincing fashion aside... what would possess someone to bet on a game where URI is going into Orono, ME?

That was the point I was trying to make. Not to "take the under". To just be happy with a win.

I mean, I know gambling is an addiction, and I do not wish to belittle anyone for it. But betting on a game like this... just completely unnecessary. We play Maine every year and haven't won in Orono in 25 years prior to yesterday, and they had us winning by an estimated 11 points, which is great, but you can't find an easier game to bet on than that?

That being said, this URI team is even better than anyone anticipated. Some of the players we picked up in the off season have proven to be much better than advertised, and the receiving corps is the best we have had in 3 decades, possibly the best ever.
WR Univ.

The crew we had a few years ago with Parker, Coulter, Lee was prob the best in my memory. All 3 got NFL looks.

All in all the talent level Fleming has brought in over the last 5-6 years has been phenomenal.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 7 months ago Our 2 Safeties were solid once again. Jordan Colbert, playing his 2nd season for URI after transferring from Columbia, and Brent Jackson, the transfer from Bucknell, led the team with 9 tackles apiece.
Colbett with 6 solo, 3 assists
Jackson with 2 solo, 7 assists

AJ Pena with 1.5 sacks continues to pressure the QB as he did last season as well
Our secondary seems much quicker to the ball than in previous years. And all are willing tacklers.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 7 months ago

good post jcru..........

The URI Offensive Line has been very solid enabling Hill to have time to throw and to protect Hill from the defense whenever Hill leaves the pocket. The Offensive Line also has enabled the running backs to produce and continue to improve

70 Left Guard Adam McKanna 6'5" 300 R-SO - Replaced Michael Scibelli this season
79 Right Tackle Brock Bethea 6'5" 305 R-SO - Transferred to URI from Chattanooga for this season. Bethea replaced AJ Cornelius who now starts at Right Tackle for Oregon
89 Tight End Brady Roark 6'2" 230 R-JR - Was the back-up last year fo Caleb Warren

Of Note in the video at the 3:30 minute mark you can see Adam McKanna pat Kasim Hill on the back as the two walk off the field following a Hill Interception. Interesting seeing the 2nd year and 1st year starter McKanna consoling the 5th year QB Hill. During the Georgia State Game Hill threw an interception and was furious, throwing his helmet to the ground and walling about 40 yards down the bench to sit by himself. Like seeing the Leadership by McKanna to support his QB.

Thompson, Delasoudas and Correia are all starters from prior year(s) and form a solid nucleus.
Just a note that McKanna was the starter last year until he was hurt in the Bryant game
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago
ramster wrote: 7 months ago

good post jcru..........

Just a note that McKanna was the starter last year until he was hurt in the Bryant game
Thanks RR2
You are right
1 x
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

https://x.com/RhodyFootball/status/1703 ... 33268?s=20

Game recap from Departing Bus to End of game
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney