Re: Game 2 Football VS Stony Brook 7PM Friday Sep 8 2023

Unread post by damram »

Stupid penalties are killing us.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

damram wrote: 7 months ago Stupid penalties are killing us.
It's okay we got Kasim big dick Hill
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

We should have the spread covered already.
0 x
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I know its been answered, but why not more games under the light at URI!!!!!!
It is beautiful!!!!!!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

28-7 halftime nice !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 7 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 7 months ago
reef wrote: 7 months ago Is it on ESPN plus ??
No, it's a Flo steamer.
All CAA Football Games are on FloSports
Flo's steamer?
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Hoping Hill is okay. Would hate to lose him for any extended time.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodyfan3 wrote: 7 months ago Hoping Hill is okay. Would hate to lose him for any extended time.
Yup, shouldn’t have been throwing 50 yards bombs up 20+ points on the 4th quarter.

Cheap play by Stony Brook, but should’ve been three handoffs and a punt at that point in the game.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

He took a big hit in the first quarter on a TD run that was nullified by penalty.
Looked ok after that, obviously, but he appeared shaken up for a few seconds.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 7 months ago He took a big hit in the first quarter on a TD run that was nullified by penalty.
Couldn’t walk off under his own power in the 4th. Was hopping.

Most likely a sprained ankle, hopefully it’s minor.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 7 months ago
rhodyrudder wrote: 7 months ago He took a big hit in the first quarter on a TD run that was nullified by penalty.
Couldn’t walk off under his own power in the 4th. Was hopping.

Most likely a sprained ankle, hopefully it’s minor.
Wowwww

Brutal
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Hill came out of the tent jogging, although with a limp. Doesn't appear serious. Hopefully he's ready to go next week.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

IMG_1194.jpg
IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1205.jpg
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg
Just a few photos. Pre game, opening kickoff, the moments before and after the Hill injury, etc
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Great attendance great atmosphere and a great game.
1 x
GO RAMS
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

So, just some random thoughts.

First, the score: 35-14. Could have easily been 56-7. Stony Brook, just doesn't have the horses. You could see they had less players, and URI is making steady progress towards what UMass was before they made the leap.

I know Rhody fans complain about the officiating all_the_time, but this was easily the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed in person at this level. It was embarrassing how bad this crew was. And that's not something you can get the full affect of by watching stats or even watching Flo, because they can always cut to commercial while they "figure it out". One call in particular, where we grabbed a fumble/forward pass and ran it in, made the score 27-7, and then after what seemed like forever, greater than 5 mins, they took the points off the board, gave the ball back to Stony Brook, and even accessed a 15 yard penalty on a dead ball, after they changed the call from a fumble to an incomplete forward pass, was just bizarre. How can you have a 15 yard penalty on a fumble return when it's no longer a fumble? Just crazy.

Their team was pulling our guys down with horse collar tackles... no call. Facemasks... no call. But you could predict when they would call holding on us, like clockwork, before the ball was even snapped. If this team manages to lead the Conference, it might be the only time in history that the Conference season champ is the most penalized team in the Conference.

Anyone who took the over on the 23 points, doesn't know Jim Fleming. This guy will not run up the score on anybody for any reason. Once they made that over three touchdowns, that was an easy decision.

Summers should be All Conference and All American for that matter. He reminds of when the Pats had Moss. He just opens everything up, forcing the Defense to accommodate him. This is now a pass oriented offense, and a running game by committee.

I don't believe anyone can stop that Offense. Or should I say any Defense can stop that Offense, you can stall their drives with penalties, that's about it. But you can see what this QB and these receivers can do in the open field. It's next level.

I'm a big fan of the night games. It's amazing how far this program has come.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

jcru wrote: 7 months ago So, just some random thoughts.

First, the score: 35-14. Could have easily been 56-7. Stony Brook, just doesn't have the horses. You could see they had less players, and URI is making steady progress towards what UMass was before they made the leap.

I know Rhody fans complain about the officiating all_the_time, but this was easily the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed in person at this level. It was embarrassing how bad this crew was. And that's not something you can get the full affect of by watching stats or even watching Flo, because they can always cut to commercial while they "figure it out". One call in particular, where we grabbed a fumble/forward pass and ran it in, made the score 27-7, and then after what seemed like forever, greater than 5 mins, they took the points off the board, gave the ball back to Stony Brook, and even accessed a 15 yard penalty on a dead ball, after they changed the call from a fumble to an incomplete forward pass, was just bizarre. How can you have a 15 yard penalty on a fumble return when it's no longer a fumble? Just crazy.

Their team was pulling our guys down with horse collar tackles... no call. Facemasks... no call. But you could predict when they would call holding on us, like clockwork, before the ball was even snapped. If this team manages to lead the Conference, it might be the only time in history that the Conference season champ is the most penalized team in the Conference.

Anyone who took the over on the 23 points, doesn't know Jim Fleming. This guy will not run up the score on anybody for any reason. Once they made that over three touchdowns, that was an easy decision.

Summers should be All Conference and All American for that matter. He reminds of when the Pats had Moss. He just opens everything up, forcing the Defense to accommodate him. This is now a pass oriented offense, and a running game by committee.

I don't believe anyone can stop that Offense. Or should I say any Defense can stop that Offense, you can stall their drives with penalties, that's about it. But you can see what this QB and these receivers can do in the open field. It's next level.

I'm a big fan of the night games. It's amazing how far this program has come.
I think Savedge looks even better than Summers. He always seems to get open, and I know Summers has something to do with that. And what a prospect Buchanan is. All he does is make big plays. He needs to play more. At minimum he should be ahead of Mensah as WR4 and maybe even competing with Erby for WR3.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 7 months ago Great attendance great atmosphere and a great game.
makes no sense though they had it on a Friday night.

Terrible idea.
0 x
Go Rhody
Bartoburger
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Bartoburger »

How the hell did URI screw up the attendance? They have 0 as number. Bigger crowd than the Delaware night game?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Late to the party for me, went to game, first one in many years. Very enjoyable nite out, will look into single game tickets going forward. Fun offense to watch. First game since the HC Rizzi stopover. Go Rhody
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CAA Game Summary including video highlights

https://caasports.com/news/2023/9/8/foo ... e-win.aspx
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Bartoburger wrote: 7 months ago How the hell did URI screw up the attendance? They have 0 as number. Bigger crowd than the Delaware night game?
no

5452 was the announced attendance last night, more than any home game last year
Delaware in 2019 had 8511
1 x
SlamRam
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by SlamRam »

I'm going to continue being a selfish fan.....Had to leave work (some of you folks know what that is) at noon to finalize tailgaiting needs and got to the campus around 4 pm. I usually meet up with some of the parent's tailgating group and set up for a great pre-game...it was overcast but hot and humid.

Got into the game a bit after kickoff because of a ticket snafu that needed to be rectified.

I agree with jcru's assessment of the game. Officials and in game stuff was spot on.

On the play where we scored but it was nullified by the penalty Kasim got hit hard in the head by Stony Brook but there was no flag thrown there.

Kasim is one tough cookie.....he constantly plays through pain.

It was extremely humid in the stands adjoining the Ryan Center....

Post-game tailgating was fun....the players are given a box lunch to eat by the University....the dining halls are long closed and the pregame meals were probably over 6 hours ago....a Chick-fil-ay sandwich and fries I believe....the parents have a dedicated group which supplements the box meal...they have food for their kids and the assistant coaches and support staff (who don't make tons of money) so they can eat meaningfully...It is a great collegial event these parents have undertaken for the past couple of years and the kids appreciate it.

Packed up and headed home at 11:30 pm

Had a great time...good Rhody win...saw a fellow Classical alum score his second touchdown of the young season...saw lots of great Rhody fans...just wish it happened on a sunshiny Saturday morning, afternoon, and late evening...

I'm am done with my selfish rant...
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 7 months ago
Bartoburger wrote: 7 months ago How the hell did URI screw up the attendance? They have 0 as number. Bigger crowd than the Delaware night game?
no

Oh so you’re telling me this Friday night home game had more people than last years Saturday night home game?

Weird, thought last nights game was a huge mistake.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rhodyfan3 wrote: 7 months ago Hoping Hill is okay. Would hate to lose him for any extended time.
Did anyone actually see the hit? The ball was so far gone I was already following the play. The call on the field wasn't a late hit, it was a low one though
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 7 months ago
no

Oh so you’re telling me this Friday night home game had more people than last years Saturday night home game?

Weird, thought last nights game was a huge mistake.
Wow, it's almost like we've had 2000 seats blocked off for the last few years. Then again, you'd know that if you weren't a complete fucking dipshit
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

That Delaware game was a mob scene. People were standing in the aisles and couldn’t move. The stands were bottlenecked.
1 x
Bartoburger
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Bartoburger »

damram wrote: 7 months ago That Delaware game was a mob scene. People were standing in the aisles and couldn’t move. The stands were bottlenecked.
Thank you for the heads up. What changed from the 1984- 1987 seasons when the crowds were between 10-13k? The west side stands were that much bigger? Or was it the fire marshall was getting paid off?
What is the largest crowd for a URI home football game in the past 5 years? If they continue to win then you have to put up more seats. Looked like a great atmosphere for a night game. Seems they could get a crowd of 7k as there is plenty of room for standing.
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

I thought the same thing in regards to Meade holding about 7k with full capacity restored to the East stands. I honestly don’t remember the old west stands but did they hold much more than the current west stands? Because if there was 10-13k in attendance at Meade there had to be 3-4k just standing.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if the revised standing room only limitations following the Station night club fire also applied to outside venues in some ways. IIRC, the Ryan Center's attendance mark also can't be broken, unless we add more seats, because SRO seats were limited in the ensuing years.
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

R.Kelly150 wrote: 7 months ago I thought the same thing in regards to Meade holding about 7k with full capacity restored to the East stands. I honestly don’t remember the old west stands but did they hold much more than the current west stands? Because if there was 10-13k in attendance at Meade there had to be 3-4k just standing.
I think those old stands were much smaller…
The SRO crowd was thousands…all the way around.
There must be some pics in the old media guides…
I’ll see if I can find one.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

R.Kelly150 wrote: 7 months ago I thought the same thing in regards to Meade holding about 7k with full capacity restored to the East stands. I honestly don’t remember the old west stands but did they hold much more than the current west stands? Because if there was 10-13k in attendance at Meade there had to be 3-4k just standing.
I think those old stands were much smaller…
The SRO crowd was thousands…all the way around.
There must be some pics in the old media guides…
I’ll see if I can find one.
It was thousands standing
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I present highlights!

4 x
jcru
Sly Williams