2023-24 Rotation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: 2023-24 Rotation

Unread post by SGreenwell »

If Weston can't secure a starting spot after 12+ months on the roster, and roughly two years after being injured, it's probably not going to happen for him at all here. If he's not happy with a bench role, well, might as well let him see if he can find a good landing spot somewhere else. He'd have to take a pretty big jump from last year's production to be a rotation player on an OK team.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bigappleram wrote: 8 months ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 8 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 8 months ago Probable early starting line-up:
Kortright- PG
House - CG
Zek/ Weston- Wing

After that question several marks and one of the most inexperienced frontcourts in the conference.
But with that said, raw talent and upside will help make up for it, plus an expected major improvement over last season.

Rory- As a freshman played 26 games, started 3, averaged 10.5 minutes.
Brown- 2-years Juco
Foumena- RS freshman, plus undisclosed medical condition last year.
Fuchs- True freshman, play internationally.

Bilau- Probably won't be available till Dec/Jan coming off ACL surgery, played in 8 games 22-23.
Green- Multi-transfer, not yet eligible, needs a waiver. In 3 years prior only started 10 games (Hofstra, La.Tech)
If Brown, Foumena, and Fuchs can carry the 4 and 5 spots by themselves, Rory could be used a the 3 if he's fast enough.
Rory is a stretch 4 and nothing more. Your 3 man has to be able to handle the ball - that isn't Rory.
And that is a problem...you have to have a handle to get a lot of (good) shots
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

My expectation is that both Zek and Weston start, although each spends the majority of their time at the 3. Then you can rotate Rory and Fuchs in at the 4 (~15min) and tandem Brown/Foumena at the 5.

Boom. A-10 champs. Easy.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

SandorClegane wrote: 8 months ago My expectation is that both Zek and Weston start, although each spends the majority of their time at the 3. Then you can rotate Rory and Fuchs in at the 4 (~15min) and tandem Brown/Foumena at the 5.

Boom. A-10 champs. Easy.
Your expectation would be wrong, how would they both start at the 3?

Fuchs won’t be a 4. Too slow defensively to stay with a stretch big.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Rory and Weston both start game 1 unless someone blows them away in practice. On 2 returning guys with game minutes in the system. For all the physical limitations he had/has, Rory is high IQ player.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rhodylaw wrote: 7 months ago Rory and Weston both start game 1 unless someone blows them away in practice. On 2 returning guys with game minutes in the system. For all the physical limitations he had/has, Rory is high IQ player.
I am not so sure of that.
I don't think just being on the team last season qualifies them as being a starter.
Neither of them had consistent/quality minutes.

Besides if both of them start, where do you put Zek who may very well be one of our better players.
Zek started 25 games and averaged 23 minutes (42% 3PT) for a pretty good Bradley team last season.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rhodylaw wrote: 7 months ago Rory and Weston both start game 1 unless someone blows them away in practice. On 2 returning guys with game minutes in the system. For all the physical limitations he had/has, Rory is high IQ player.
"High IQ" for Rory seems awfully close to being based on one factor. He was 9th in assists per 40 minutes, 4th in fouls per 40 minutes. He didn't turn the ball over much, because he pretty much just shot or passed whenever he got it; it wasn't like he drove to the hoop. Was Lou Hutchinson a high IQ player as well?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Maybe at the upcoming Coach’s Show, I think 9/20 at the Mews, Archie will comment on rotation. Last year he said something like the starters will be those that earned it…….I was the horrified to see many returning layer taking the floor in game 1. Horrified cause I was thinking is this the best we got? Rory starting leaves me with meh. Weston starting? Hopefully he has gotten the motor running on high octane fuel. We will see.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I think we have been overhyping Rory lately. He's still got a ways to go to be a piece on a good A10 team. Yes, he'll get hot in some games, but he'll also be ice-cold. In the games where he's ice-cold, he doesn't do anything else to help this team. Green is better than Rory, and he would start over him. My guess is Rory will need another year of working on his body and his game, and by next season, he'll be a strong rotation piece. I hope I'm wrong, and he's awesome, but watching him play this summer, you can still see a lot of his flaws. He's still very slow. He still lacks any type of handle or ability to attack the rim. He still seems like he has cement in his shoes and doesn't get any lift when he jumps. But when his shot is on, he will be a blast on the floor.

Zek is the starting wing. Maybe Weston plays 4, but I know he was checked out when he did last year. I'd rather give Weston the keys to the second unit and let him be the focal point. If he's hot, which he can be, you figure out how to keep Zek and Weston out there. But if he's checked out, you now have a legit starting wing in Zek to play over him instead of Malik, a hard-working but low-major wing.

We have options that we didn't have last year. Archie didn't recruit guys like House, Kortright, Zek, Green, Brown, and Fuchs to have players like Rory/Weston start over them. He needed upgrades, and he got them. The only way I see Rory possibly starting is because Green has to sit and Fuchs/Brown can't play the 4.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Great rotation talk!

Can’t wait for the season.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Sorry - no more playing Weston at the 4. Dumb as it puts him at a huge disadvantage on D.
You could see him deflated as a 6'9" guy backed him down. No need this year.
He is a really good rebounder from the wing, don't take away his strength - play to it.

He should be a bucket getter now that he is well removed from his injury.
Big year coming if his confidence is back and his motor runs high.
Skills are there, so it is completely up to him. Hope he had a good off season.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodyblue12 wrote: 7 months ago Sorry - no more playing Weston at the 4. Dumb as it puts him at a huge disadvantage on D.
You could see him deflated as a 6'9" guy backed him down. No need this year.
He is a really good rebounder from the wing, don't take away his strength - play to it.

He should be a bucket getter now that he is well removed from his injury.
Big year coming if his confidence is back and his motor runs high.
Skills are there, so it is completely up to him. Hope he had a good off season.
I absolutely agree about Weston not playing the 4.
If he is forced to play minutes at that position again, shame on Archie.
We had a full year for this staff to get it figured out.
No excuses either if Green isn't eligible, we knew all along that would be an issue.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Ideally, we want Weston in his natural position, which I think he will be... That's why I like the idea of him being our 6th man and go-to scorer off the bench. But what should Archie do if Weston breaks out AND Zek is also one of our best players? Similar to Hurley having no option but to play Stan at the 4 because he was too good to play fewer minutes. If Zek and Weston see the floor together, someone will have to play out of position.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago Ideally, we want Weston in his natural position, which I think he will be... That's why I like the idea of him being our 6th man and go-to scorer off the bench. But what should Archie do if Weston breaks out AND Zek is also one of our best players? Similar to Hurley having no option but to play Stan at the 4 because he was too good to play fewer minutes. If Zek and Weston see the floor together, someone will have to play out of position.
Well Stevey, yeah if both Weston and Zek are making a significant impact, not so bad.
In that case maybe use Zek as a stretch 4 at times.
Weston lost a significant amount of weight and the 3 would be his best fit.
But again, not because we are forced to go in that direction, just that both those players are making huge contributions.

The concerning thing is our only true big in that line-up will need to hold down the paint and none of them have any Div. 1 experience.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 7 months ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago Ideally, we want Weston in his natural position, which I think he will be... That's why I like the idea of him being our 6th man and go-to scorer off the bench. But what should Archie do if Weston breaks out AND Zek is also one of our best players? Similar to Hurley having no option but to play Stan at the 4 because he was too good to play fewer minutes. If Zek and Weston see the floor together, someone will have to play out of position.
Well Stevey, yeah if both Weston and Zek are making a significant impact, not so bad.
But again, not because we are forced to go in that direction, just that both those players are making huge contributions.

The concerning thing is our only true big in that line-up will need to hold down the paint and none of them have any Div. 1 experience.
I just want to emphasize that I won't fault Archie if he needs to play Weston out of position sometimes. Zek is here mainly because Weston didn't perform well enough to secure his spot as the clear starter moving forward. He had plenty of chances to prove to Archie and this staff that he wanted it, but far too often, Weston appeared checked out or disinterested. Nevertheless, Weston possesses significant upside, and you don't give up on a player like that. I believe Archie made the right decision by keeping Weston while also recruiting a starting-level wing who embodies the qualities you desire in a player and a leader. This situation could either ignite Weston's determination, leading him to commit fully, or it might result in his departure if he's unhappy. Either way, it's a pivotal moment for him to step up and contribute in any way possible.

Regarding the frontcourt, I think we should be more excited than concerned. Yes, they need to develop, but I think you're underestimating the type of impact this group will make Jersey.

Obviously, I don't have specific stats, but from watching a ton of college basketball over the years, I tend to see JUCOs be more game-ready than true freshmen. A top-rated juco big like Brown committing to Archie was a significant move, and I expect him to make an immediate impact.

Bilau, who played for a JUCO program, overcame an injury, didn't practice at all, and still made an immediate impact when he stepped on the floor. He appears to be in better health than I anticipated at this stage of his recovery, and he's a solid A10 big man.

Foumena has been sharing videos and going live, allowing us to watch his training and scrimmages, and he looks impressive. He possesses a great handle for a big man, range, a nice hook shot, a strong first step, and a good touch. Rumor from practice is he's standing out and is our starting center. You should also consider that he spent an entire season with our coaching staff. While we may not have a Phil Handy on our staff, I believe Woodward and KJ excel in their roles. This is not your normal first-year big. He's going to be ready quicker than you expect.

Do you really think Fuchs will be afraid of the A10 bigs after some of the competition he's faced already? This dude is built like a senior, not a freshman. Yes, he'll have growing pains, just like many players, but I think Fuchs would eat guys like Tchikou and Samb alive.

The more I've been reading the board lately I agree with what some others have said on here. I don't get why people on here seem to praise other A10 teams, but when it comes to our team, some people still think we will finish near the bottom of the A10. We have a lot of pieces to be excited about. Not in the future. RIGHT NOW..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago

I just want to emphasize that I won't fault Archie if he needs to play Weston out of position sometimes. Zek is here mainly because Weston didn't perform well enough to secure his spot as the clear starter moving forward. He had plenty of chances to prove to Archie and this staff that he wanted it, but far too often, Weston appeared checked out or disinterested. Nevertheless, Weston possesses significant upside, and you don't give up on a player like that. I believe Archie made the right decision by keeping Weston while also recruiting a starting-level wing who embodies the qualities you desire in a player and a leader. This situation could either ignite Weston's determination, leading him to commit fully, or it might result in his departure if he's unhappy. Either way, it's a pivotal moment for him to step up and contribute in any way possible.

Regarding the frontcourt, I think we should be more excited than concerned. Yes, they need to develop, but I think you're underestimating the type of impact this group will make Jersey.

Obviously, I don't have specific stats, but from watching a ton of college basketball over the years, I tend to see JUCOs be more game-ready than true freshmen. A top-rated juco big like Brown committing to Archie was a significant move, and I expect him to make an immediate impact.

Bilau, who played for a JUCO program, overcame an injury, didn't practice at all, and still made an immediate impact when he stepped on the floor. He appears to be in better health than I anticipated at this stage of his recovery, and he's a solid A10 big man.

Foumena has been sharing videos and going live, allowing us to watch his training and scrimmages, and he looks impressive. He possesses a great handle for a big man, range, a nice hook shot, a strong first step, and a good touch. Rumor from practice is he's standing out and is our starting center. You should also consider that he spent an entire season with our coaching staff. While we may not have a Phil Handy on our staff, I believe Woodward and KJ excel in their roles. This is not your normal first-year big. He's going to be ready quicker than you expect.

Do you really think Fuchs will be afraid of the A10 bigs after some of the competition he's faced already? This dude is built like a senior, not a freshman. Yes, he'll have growing pains, just like many players, but I think Fuchs would eat guys like Tchikou and Samb alive.

The more I've been reading the board lately I agree with what some others have said on here. I don't get why people on here seem to praise other A10 teams, but when it comes to our team, some people still think we will finish near the bottom of the A10. We have a lot of pieces to be excited about. Not in the future. RIGHT NOW..
I think as a group our bigs will be very much improved over last season.
But not sure at least for this season how they will fare against most of their competition in 23-24.
We all know that bigs for the most part usually take a little longer to develop.

Hopefully Bilau will return sooner than originally anticipated and he can stay healthy, which so far has been a question mark.

We do have pieces to be excited about, just not sure it will all come together this season.

I also agree this needs to be Weston's season to really step up and make an impact.

Like I said, If Archie does play both Weston and Zek together because of their exceptional play and can create mismatches that is one thing and can't really fault him.
But if he is forced to play Weston at the 4 again because all the other alternatives are terrible, than that is a problem, which falls on the staff.
Besides in that case like I said earlier, Zek would make more sense as the stretch 4.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Honestly, you are all talking about players I have never seen, and some that didn't excite me. This is year two of Archie Miller. It will be interesting to see what he can do. The schedule SOS is probably 250+. If he can't win on this, not sure what to say.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 7 months ago Honestly, you are all talking about players I have never seen, and some that didn't excite me. This is year two of Archie Miller. It will be interesting to see what he can do. The schedule SOS is probably 250+. If he can't win on this, not sure what to say.
Blueram based on what you have heard or read, what would be your realistic expectations for this season?
May not be what you necessarily hope for.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

theblueram wrote: 7 months ago Honestly, you are all talking about players I have never seen, and some that didn't excite me. This is year two of Archie Miller. It will be interesting to see what he can do. The schedule SOS is probably 250+. If he can't win on this, not sure what to say.
Blueram based on what you have heard or read, what would be your realistic expectations for this season?
I have zero expectations. Last year was a disaster, so we know Archie isn't Deion Sanders. Completely new roster. As Coach K said in a recent interview, It is now pay to play. Question is, what does Rhody do?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 7 months ago
I have zero expectations. Last year was a disaster, so we know Archie isn't Deion Sanders. Completely new roster. As Coach K said in a recent interview, It is now pay to play. Question is, what does Rhody do?
Okay, I get it.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Blue Man wrote: 8 months ago
SandorClegane wrote: 8 months ago My expectation is that both Zek and Weston start, although each spends the majority of their time at the 3. Then you can rotate Rory and Fuchs in at the 4 (~15min) and tandem Brown/Foumena at the 5.

Boom. A-10 champs. Easy.

0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Boom. A-10 champs. Easy.

Can u give me some examples of stretch 4’s that we play that are too,quick for Fuchs and too strong for Zek? My conclusion - it depends who we are playing and whether we need quickness or strength and height for that game. No need to define who can play the 3 Or “stretch” 4.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

McRam wrote: 7 months ago

Boom. A-10 champs. Easy.

Can u give me some examples of stretch 4’s that we play that are too,quick for Fuchs and too strong for Zek? My conclusion - it depends who we are playing and whether we need quickness or strength and height for that game. No need to define who can play the 3 Or “stretch” 4.
Let's be honest, nobody can actually say Fuchs is too quick or too slow to guard anyone.

The kid has played zero seconds of American D1 basketball.
1 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 7 months ago

Let's be honest, nobody can actually say Fuchs is too quick or too slow to guard anyone.

Totally right, I'm just throwing stuff against the wall here. No insight just my gut.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Blue Man wrote: 7 months ago

Totally right, I'm just throwing stuff against the wall here. No insight just my gut.
Total speculation but I think Archie was trying to recruit a 4 when he went after Buru Naivalurua. I hope he also had that in mind when he turned to Fuchs.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

It's odd that you've been right so many times, Blueman, just by trusting your gut. You know, because it's not as if you ever receive any intel. None of us here do; we all just make things up 😂.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

This team has practiced together, so it's possible that people have seen him play. We also have a coaching staff that definitely knows Fuchs' strengths and weaknesses. The feedback I've received from a handful of people is that Fuchs is a beast and built like a senior. However, the staff is worried about his ability to defend the 4 at this level. Perhaps he plays the four because we don't have anyone else, but that's the biggest weakness I've heard about Fuchs, and I'm not the only one here who's been told this.
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago This team has practiced together, so it's possible that people have seen him play. We also have a coaching staff that definitely knows Fuchs' strengths and weaknesses. The feedback I've received from a handful of people is that Fuchs is a beast and built like a senior. However, the staff is worried about his ability to defend the 4 at this level. Perhaps he plays the four because we don't have anyone else, but that's the biggest weakness I've heard about Fuchs, and I'm not the only one here who's been told this.
Lol just quote me if you're responding to my posts dude.

Oh that's right, I hurt your feelings and you have me hidden.

My apologies again.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago It's odd that you've been right so many times, Blueman, just by trusting your gut. You know, because it's not as if you ever receive any intel. None of us here do; we all just make things up 😂.
I would fly by the seat of my pants but I don’t know where to stick the wings. Although, I will admit…

People have told me where to stick it! :lol:
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Mattrams94 »

Saw Weston working out at Mackal yesterday and he looks good.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

That's great to hear about Weston...Foumena went live a few times yesterday and it looked like Weston was lighting people up. I didn't see him miss.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago That's great to hear about Weston...Foumena went live a few times yesterday and it looked like Weston was lighting people up. I didn't see him miss.
sucks that the practice facility is still not open so they have to go to mackal for individual workouts
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Boom. A-10 champs. Easy.

Ha! One starts at the 3, the other at the 4… :roll:
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Assuming we pencil in Kortwrigbt as the starting 1, I think one of House, Weston or Zek will be the 6th man. All will get plenty of minutes playing the 2/3/4 spots and maybe even the 1 at times and will all likely average around 30 mins a game.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rhodylaw wrote: 7 months ago Assuming we pencil in Kortwrigbt as the starting 1, I think one of House, Weston or Zek will be the 6th man. All will get plenty of minutes playing the 2/3/4 spots and maybe even the 1 at times and will all likely average around 30 mins a game.
Kortright should definitely start at the 1, with Cam and Ways battling for back-up duties at PG.
This and the 4 is my biggest line-up concern going into the season, hopefully all the pieces will take shape and fit.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodylaw wrote: 7 months ago Assuming we pencil in Kortwrigbt as the starting 1, I think one of House, Weston or Zek will be the 6th man. All will get plenty of minutes playing the 2/3/4 spots and maybe even the 1 at times and will all likely average around 30 mins a game.
House is the only bonafide scorer on the team.

Can’t see any situation whatsoever where he’s the 6th man.
Last edited by Rhody15 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

House is the show. Then Montgomery. Then... who knows? We'll see.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 7 months ago This team has practiced together, so it's possible that people have seen him play. We also have a coaching staff that definitely knows Fuchs' strengths and weaknesses. The feedback I've received from a handful of people is that Fuchs is a beast and built like a senior. However, the staff is worried about his ability to defend the 4 at this level. Perhaps he plays the four because we don't have anyone else, but that's the biggest weakness I've heard about Fuchs, and I'm not the only one here who's been told this.

My apologies again.
Yeah Stevey, don't you know you're talking about the smartest AND most realistic person on this board? If you have any doubt all you have to do is ask them, they'll be happy to tell you. They'll tell you almost as much as they'll tell you how you'd have to be an idiot to think Cooley would ever leave PC...
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

Hey guys, Bruce here. Been away for a while as I had an unexpected surgery that left me completely paralyzed from the waist down. That was done in April and fortunately I am some what better now as I can stand but can not walk. Been living in rehab hospitals since April.
Trying to catch up some on this year’s edition. Concerning the rotation there has been said about many front court players. Between dubsky estevez allen & wright whom would get the most to least minutes. Thank you.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

BruceW wrote: 7 months ago Hey guys, Bruce here. Been away for a while as I had an unexpected surgery that left me completely paralyzed from the waist down. That was done in April and fortunately I am some what better now as I can stand but can not walk. Been living in rehab hospitals since April.
Trying to catch up some on this year’s edition. Concerning the rotation there has been said about many front court players. Between dubsky estevez allen & wright whom would get the most to least minutes. Thank you.
Welcome back and continued success on your rehab journey! (Wrt the rotation...no one really has any idea, but some don't know with greater confidence than others ;) )
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago

My apologies again.
Yeah Stevey, don't you know you're talking about the smartest AND most realistic person on this board? If you have any doubt all you have to do is ask them, they'll be happy to tell you. They'll tell you almost as much as they'll tell you how you'd have to be an idiot to think Cooley would ever leave PC...
Hahaha great post Rhowdy..

15, I blocked you because I think you're a dick to 99% of people here, and I come here to enjoy myself. Not to argue with an internet-tough guy like you. Years ago, I would just keep arguing with you, and if you kept antagonizing me as you do, who knows how bad it would get.. But as I've gotten older, I try my best to not waste my time with people like you, and it's been MUCH better coming here and not dealing with your BS. Yes, sometimes, if you're quoted, I have to see your posts, but I don't see all of them anymore, which makes it totally worth it..

I read a post like that one from Brucew, and it reminds me how absolutely stupid and pointless bickering with you is so I'm not doing this shit with you again man..
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 7 months ago

My apologies again.
Hahaha great post Rhowdy..

15, I blocked you because I think you're a dick to 99% of people here, and I come here to enjoy myself. Not to argue with an internet-tough guy like you. Years ago, I would just keep arguing with you, and if you kept antagonizing me as you do, who knows how bad it would get.. But as I've gotten older, I try my best to not waste my time with people like you, and it's been MUCH better coming here and not dealing with your BS. Yes, sometimes, if you're quoted, I have to see your posts, but I don't see all of them anymore, which makes it totally worth it..

I read a post like that one from Brucew, and it reminds me how absolutely stupid and pointless bickering with you is so I'm not doing this shit with you again man..
I'm stupid and still take the cheese. Maybe one day I'll grow up. That day just isn't today
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

BruceW wrote: 7 months ago Hey guys, Bruce here. Been away for a while as I had an unexpected surgery that left me completely paralyzed from the waist down. That was done in April and fortunately I am some what better now as I can stand but can not walk. Been living in rehab hospitals since April.
Wow I'm sorry to hear that! I wish you nothing but success as you continue to rehab Bruce.

Out of all the guards, I think Connor is the most likely to redshirt or not see the floor. Heck of a shooter but has a lot to improve on everywhere else. Cam and Wright both have the talent to be the backup point guard.. My guess is they are neck and neck right now.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Wow I'm sorry to hear that! I wish you nothing but success as you continue to rehab Bruce.

Out of all the guards, I think Connor is the most likely to redshirt or not see the floor. Heck of a shooter but has a lot to improve on everywhere else. Cam and Wright both have the talent to be the backup point guard.. My guess is they are neck and neck right now.
I respectfully think that Connor could be a bigger contributor than wright.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Mattrams94 wrote: 7 months ago

I respectfully think that Connor could be a bigger contributor than wright.
I hope so. I love Connor. One of the nicest kids I've met. He didn't do a thing in a bunch a games I watched against more athletic guards.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Connor definitely has the look of a gut that needs some serious strength and conditioning work until he's able to contribute. I'd guess he's behind the 8-ball on defense especially.

I think we can count on Kortright to be a good steady A-10 PG. He's athletic enough and he's played well against A-10 level comp before. If he can be more efficient with his shot he maybe be all league. I'm interested in seeing is how much we get out of Ways and Cam. Ways should have the leg up with his year in juco, but Cam doesn't look far off physically. If either of them can at least knock down their open threes and not have a bunch of crazy stupid turnovers then that's a huge boost.

Any updates on Green's waiver? Like did we send it in immediately? Don't want the NCAA to keep us waiting into the season like they like to do.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Best wishes to you Bruce on your road to recovery
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 7 months ago Connor definitely has the look of a gut that needs some serious strength and conditioning work until he's able to contribute. I'd guess he's behind the 8-ball on defense especially.

I think we can count on Kortright to be a good steady A-10 PG. He's athletic enough and he's played well against A-10 level comp before. If he can be more efficient with his shot he maybe be all league. I'm interested in seeing is how much we get out of Ways and Cam. Ways should have the leg up with his year in juco, but Cam doesn't look far off physically. If either of them can at least knock down their open threes and not have a bunch of crazy stupid turnovers then that's a huge boost.

Any updates on Green's waiver? Like did we send it in immediately? Don't want the NCAA to keep us waiting into the season like they like to do.
I heard we may have good news on green a few weeks ago and then crickets…
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

PeterRamTime wrote: 7 months ago Connor definitely has the look of a gut that needs some serious strength and conditioning work until he's able to contribute. I'd guess he's behind the 8-ball on defense especially.

Well who knows

Maybe the situation at UNC with Tez Walker helps us because the NCAA doesn't want more smoke

If they care...
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 7 months ago

Well who knows

Maybe the situation at UNC with Tez Walker helps us because the NCAA doesn't want more smoke

If they care...
Who knows what they will decide on Green, but I won't get my hopes up.

Very different situation with Tez because he enrolled at UNC on Jan 9, prior to the NCAA council approving stricter guidelines on granting immediate waivers for two-time transfers.
0 x