2023-24 Rotation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 2023-24 Rotation

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 9 months ago Who is the lefty?
Green… just make sure you don’t make any excuses if he doesn’t play
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 9 months ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 9 months ago Who is the lefty?
Green… just make sure you don’t make any excuses if he doesn’t play
Well...is the Manual definitely complete, or still under construction?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Send this video to Jonny Rothstein lol
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I didn't realize my post about excuses would cause people to freak out so much, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore at this point. Let me attempt to explain myself a little further...

All I meant was that I really want this to be a "clean" season in terms of the roster so we can see what we really have here at this point. I mentioned Green specifically because he is the only player that I am aware of with any eligibility questions, but it also applies to other players in terms of injury, discipline, etc. etc.

I'm just really hoping we have as "normal" of a season as possible in terms of the roster so there isn't something we point to and think "what could have been" and we can start to build back our program and make our way back to the top of the conference.

That's all, hopefully that's not too controversial of a thing to hope for as a fan.
4 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

reef wrote: 9 months ago
Is it Ways that can jump and touch the top bar on the pole??? How high is that???
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

KevanBoyles wrote: 9 months ago
Is it Ways that can jump and touch the top bar on the pole??? How high is that???
Ya, that's Ways. The kid is athletic. My favorite part was Fuchs with a nice post move and finish. How many times did our big men miss wide-open layups last year? It was brutal..
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

KevanBoyles wrote: 9 months ago

Ya, that's Ways. The kid is athletic. My favorite part was Fuchs with a nice post move and finish. How many times did our big men miss wide-open layups last year? It was brutal..
My research shows 12 feet.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Money Green getting that waiver is huge, we need that lefty 3 point shot

Zek looks pretty athletic too and we know he can shoot
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Was able to catch practice last week…team is athletic, strong looking and what immediately jumps out is more experienced. Guys like Kortright, Montgomery, Green, House have played a lot of games. They look like men out there. From that standpoint will be night and day from last season.

Green really impressed me and I’d guess if eligible he is the opening night 4 man. A 3 and D type guy who is rugged and strong. Nice looking stroke from 3, should excel in pick and pop situations. Will get boards on both sides of floor.

I would guess Montgomery is our most complete player by seasons end. House is a bull in a China shop type. He’s going to take some ill advised shots amongst the trees but he is going to get his points. He’s built like an FBS running back and kinda plays like that.

Wright and Estevez also impressed in different ways. Always is a facilitator and looks to make others better, good passer and looks more for others especially in transition. He’s a bit skinny and will take some time but he looked pretty good.

Interior will be the big question mark. Fuchs, Foumena and Brown are where we don’t have tons of experience. I don’t have a guess how that rotation shakes out.

If I had to guess Dubsky is either a RS candidate or won’t be here next year. He seemed pretty far behind the rest of rotation. But it’s only 1 practice so who the hell knows.
11 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 9 months ago Was able to catch practice last week…team is athletic, strong looking and what immediately jumps out is more experienced. Guys like Kortright, Montgomery, Green, House have played a lot of games. They look like men out there. From that standpoint will be night and day from last season.

Green really impressed me and I’d guess if eligible he is the opening night 4 man. A 3 and D type guy who is rugged and strong. Nice looking stroke from 3, should excel in pick and pop situations. Will get boards on both sides of floor.

I would guess Montgomery is our most complete player by seasons end. House is a bull in a China shop type. He’s going to take some ill advised shots amongst the trees but he is going to get his points. He’s built like an FBS running back and kinda plays like that.

Wright and Estevez also impressed in different ways. Always is a facilitator and looks to make others better, good passer and looks more for others especially in transition. He’s a bit skinny and will take some time but he looked pretty good.

Interior will be the big question mark. Fuchs, Foumena and Brown are where we don’t have tons of experience. I don’t have a guess how that rotation shakes out.

If I had to guess Dubsky is either a RS candidate or won’t be here next year. He seemed pretty far behind the rest of rotation. But it’s only 1 practice so who the hell knows.
Awesome...

Based on Archie's comments that Fuchs is gonna have a big role I'm leaning toward him as the starter but I also keep hearing that Foumena is our most complete big. I think Brown is perfect as that high-energy big off the bench so my guess is it's between Fuchs and Foumena on who starts.

Ya, the more I watched Connor I started to see a lot of flaws in his game. I initially saw him at a tournament where he literally didn't miss. I was super excited, but he fell back to earth once he played better competition.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote: 9 months ago Was able to catch practice last week…team is athletic, strong looking and what immediately jumps out is more experienced. Guys like Kortright, Montgomery, Green, House have played a lot of games. They look like men out there. From that standpoint will be night and day from last season.

This is good stuff, thanks for the intel!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Thanks for the reports , sounds promising
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

ramster wrote: 9 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 9 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 9 months ago

Any chance he could be an 'available second semester' guy?
Probably not because he didn't enroll until after the season.

I think the only probable A10 player to get a slam dunk waiver is (PF) Woody Newton who transferred to GM from Oklahoma State. He is returning close to home to be near his family since the recent death of his father.

The others may have a more difficult time but holding out hope for Green.
Why would Green get a Waiver? What is he using for justification? I thought they were not allowed anymore. If they start granting Waivers for no reason then the whole thing will unravel again just like before.
Two words… mental health.
Not sure why every kid isn’t using this. There is no counter the NCAA can come back with. People are threatening physical harm, discussing emotional stress, etc. it’s become a hotbed topic. Almost common place. This is the angle I would play if I’m trying to get a waiver.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

A little bit of a harsh assessment on Dubsky , don't you think BAR ? Was your opinion solely based on seeing him during one practice or have you seen
him in other practices recently ? Maybe the kid had an off day or wasn't feeling 100% . I hate to see us rating a freshman's ability before we even see him in real competition . I plan to give Dubs the benefit of the doubt , support him and expect good things from him in the future . He looks like a player to
me , but I could be wrong having not seen that much of him . Looks to have a pure shot from what I have seen . C'mon Connor , show us the real Dubs.
Archie must have liked you .
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

SandorClegane wrote: 9 months ago
ramster wrote: 9 months ago
Jersey77 wrote: 9 months ago

Probably not because he didn't enroll until after the season.

I think the only probable A10 player to get a slam dunk waiver is (PF) Woody Newton who transferred to GM from Oklahoma State. He is returning close to home to be near his family since the recent death of his father.

The others may have a more difficult time but holding out hope for Green.
Why would Green get a Waiver? What is he using for justification? I thought they were not allowed anymore. If they start granting Waivers for no reason then the whole thing will unravel again just like before.
Two words… mental health.
Not sure why every kid isn’t using this. There is no counter the NCAA can come back with. People are threatening physical harm, discussing emotional stress, etc. it’s become a hotbed topic. Almost common place. This is the angle I would play if I’m trying to get a waiver.
For this reason:

(4) The committee reviewed the common circumstances submitted for such
waiver requests and instructed the staff to continue reviewing such requests
on a case-by-case basis. In addition, the committee noted immediate
eligibility should be considered when the following circumstances are
appropriately documented:
(a) Nature of injury or illness. Staff should consider relief of the
legislation for circumstances involving a medically documented
debilitating injury or illness (including mental illness)
to a student
athlete that necessitate the student-athlete’s transfer

You can't just make it up, there needs to be documentation.

Source
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

luke wrote: 9 months ago A little bit of a harsh assessment on Dubsky , don't you think BAR ? Was your opinion solely based on seeing him during one practice or have you seen
him in other practices recently ? Maybe the kid had an off day or wasn't feeling 100% . I hate to see us rating a freshman's ability before we even see him in real competition . I plan to give Dubs the benefit of the doubt , support him and expect good things from him in the future . He looks like a player to
me , but I could be wrong having not seen that much of him . Looks to have a pure shot from what I have seen . C'mon Connor , show us the real Dubs.
Didn’t mean to be harsh and you are right it’s 1 practice in July so like I said who the hell knows.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 8 months ago
For this reason:

to a student

Source
Go to the college infirmary and ask to see a psychiatrist because you may kill yourself if you stay there any longer because you hate the school, the athletic program and the coaches. Refuse any type of mediation and request a transfer.
Ask for a statement that you sought psychiatric help.

Is this all you have to do to get a transfer waiver?
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody72 wrote: 8 months ago
For this reason:

to a student

Source
Go to the college infirmary and ask to see a psychiatrist because you may kill yourself if you stay there any longer because you hate the school, the athletic program and the coaches. Refuse any type of mediation and request a transfer.

No, I think the documentation will have to show you actually sought care and not trying to check a box to get a waiver.

You're always a ray of sunshine.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 8 months ago
luke wrote: 9 months ago A little bit of a harsh assessment on Dubsky , don't you think BAR ? Was your opinion solely based on seeing him during one practice or have you seen
Didn’t mean to be harsh and you are right it’s 1 practice in July so like I said who the hell knows.
I tend to agree with you , he’s a freshman and has a lot of people ahead of him so I wouldn’t expect him in the rotation unless injuries or other circumstances happen
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

For this reason:

to a student

Source

I love this. Guys should debase themselves and make light of life threatening mental health crises while potentially diverting care and resources from people actually in crisis in order to game the transfer system. As a result, the college athletics transfer system should be skeptical of such situations and default to denying relief for people claiming to be in crisis to prevent against the obvious travesty and injustice that is just letting a kid play basketball where they want.

Fantastic. As diseased of a brain as you will find on the whole internet. Truly sick person.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Well that went off the rails quickly..

Similar to professional employment, there are laws protecting individuals who feel they are struggling mentally at a school (or company). Professionally, you’re allowed to take time off for mental health. In academics, I imagine they take it very seriously if someone is in an environment that isn’t conducive to that individuals safety - whether physical or mental.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Big Apple Ram. I love your intel on the practice you attended. Do you care to do a podcast on a way too early Rhody Hoops 2023-24 Preview. Maybe we can convince Stevey Studley to join us.

I haven’t heard such detail on this team until your post.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

sbrand wrote: 8 months ago Big Apple Ram. I love your intel on the practice you attended. Do you care to do a podcast on a way too early Rhody Hoops 2023-24 Preview. Maybe we can convince Stevey Studley to join us.

I haven’t heard such detail on this team until your post.
I'll talk Rhody Hoops 24/7.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

Let’s do it soon. Do we have enough info
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

TruePoint wrote: 8 months ago
For this reason:

to a student

Source

I love this. Guys should debase themselves and make light of life threatening mental health crises while potentially diverting care and resources from people actually in crisis in order to game the transfer system. As a result, the college athletics transfer system should be skeptical of such situations and default to denying relief for people claiming to be in crisis to prevent against the obvious travesty and injustice that is just letting a kid play basketball where they want.

Fantastic. As diseased of a brain as you will find on the whole internet. Truly sick person.
He only said the quiet part out loud - people are abusing the system all the time. Does everyone really NEED an emotional support dog (or pony)? Most people just WANT that and use the system in place to bend rules around no animals allowed. Just an example btw - see tons of other is see examples of this all over the place. Rules mean very little anymore when you can make an excuse to not follow them.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Are you sure “most people” that avail themselves of services and accommodations are abusing the rules? Is there any support for that idea beyond paranoid internalizations of (likely apocryphal) anecdotes? It seems obvious to me that most of these types of accommodations and services exist because society recognized a need for them, meaning that there was a population out there that would benefit from them.

In my observation, most of the abuse of these systems is perpetrated by paranoid people who mistakenly assume that others are abusing them and don’t want to be “disadvantaged”, like how almost all voting crimes are committed by people who mistakenly believe that others are cheating. I really don’t think the risk of abuse is as high as you seem to assume, in fact I think the prevalence of actual abuse is almost certainly sub-marginal. I do wonder about the minds of people who assume that type of abuse is more prevalent than it actually is, though. Paranoid is a word that’s definitely in the mix, but that is probably only scratching the surface of the psychological stuff that is going on there.
2 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

TruePoint wrote: 8 months ago Are you sure “most people” that avail themselves of services and accommodations are abusing the rules? Is there any support for that idea beyond paranoid internalizations of (likely apocryphal) anecdotes? It seems obvious to me that most of these types of accommodations and services exist because society recognized a need for them, meaning that there was a population out there that would benefit from them.

In my observation, most of the abuse of these systems is perpetrated by paranoid people who mistakenly assume that others are abusing them and don’t want to be “disadvantaged”, like how almost all voting crimes are committed by people who mistakenly believe that others are cheating. I really don’t think the risk of abuse is as high as you seem to assume, in fact I think the prevalence of actual abuse is almost certainly sub-marginal. I do wonder about the minds of people who assume that type of abuse is more prevalent than it actually is, though. Paranoid is a word that’s definitely in the mix, but that is probably only scratching the surface of the psychological stuff that is going on there.
How self righteous and condescending can you be in one post, quite a bit obviously. Let me guess, you are an attorney correct? Your observation is not my observation or many others. To just call people paranoid because they think the mental illness card is being abused is absurd. You remind me of the people that think they are open minded yet will shut down anybody from speaking that dare does not agree with them. Some open mindedness there for sure. Abuse in this area is rampant and I know this first hand. It is used commonly by anybody who does something stupid, like dude it is not my fault I have mental health issues if I am not doing my job, not showing up for work, being a pain in the ass when I do, or going on an alcohol and drug binge. Personal responsibility has gone the way of the dinosaur in America in 2023. Fact. And don't judge me bros goes in lock step with this. Before we would hold each other accountable but don't judge me bros is the new mantra. How about ADHD and the abuse there when it comes to taking the SAT. Documented evidence that many people claiming (and getting approval from doctors which is not very hard to do) ADHD to take advantage of untimed tests were gaming the system.

This in no way makes light of mental illness. It is a major issue in America, even more so now with all of the Social Media out there. But both can be true, that there are many people that have genuine mental illness that need help and there are others that use it as an excuse or for a benefit when no mental illness exists.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

So would you agree that “most people” with a service dog have no legitimate need for one? And if you agree, can you show me any support for that idea that goes beyond observational or anecdotal or “a hunch”? What about suicide crisis and prevention resources? Is there evidence that “most people” that utilize this type of resource are in fact college athletes who have used up all their “free” transfers and are looking to pull one over on the NCAA by pretending to be in crisis, since that was the original claim that I took exception to?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

4Diffs wrote: 8 months ago
TruePoint wrote: 8 months ago Are you sure “most people” that avail themselves of services and accommodations are abusing the rules? Is there any support for that idea beyond paranoid internalizations of (likely apocryphal) anecdotes? It seems obvious to me that most of these types of accommodations and services exist because society recognized a need for them, meaning that there was a population out there that would benefit from them.

How self righteous and condescending can you be in one post, quite a bit obviously. Let me guess, you are an attorney correct? Your observation is not my observation or many others. To just call people paranoid because they think the mental illness card is being abused is absurd. You remind me of the people that think they are open minded yet will shut down anybody from speaking that dare does not agree with them. Some open mindedness there for sure. Abuse in this area is rampant and I know this first hand. It is used commonly by anybody who does something stupid, like dude it is not my fault I have mental health issues if I am not doing my job, not showing up for work, being a pain in the ass when I do, or going on an alcohol and drug binge. Personal responsibility has gone the way of the dinosaur in America in 2023. Fact. And don't judge me bros goes in lock step with this. Before we would hold each other accountable but don't judge me bros is the new mantra. How about ADHD and the abuse there when it comes to taking the SAT. Documented evidence that many people claiming (and getting approval from doctors which is not very hard to do) ADHD to take advantage of untimed tests were gaming the system.

This in no way makes light of mental illness. It is a major issue in America, even more so now with all of the Social Media out there. But both can be true, that there are many people that have genuine mental illness that need help and there are others that use it as an excuse or for a benefit when no mental illness exists.
Cool, boomer goes on a this didn't happen in may day rant while starting off claiming someone else is being self righteous and condescending....
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

TruePoint wrote: 8 months ago So would you agree that “most people” with a service dog have no legitimate need for one? And if you agree, can you show me any support for that idea that goes beyond observational or anecdotal or “a hunch”? What about suicide crisis and prevention resources? Is there evidence that “most people” that utilize this type of resource are in fact college athletes who have used up all their “free” transfers and are looking to pull one over on the NCAA by pretending to be in crisis, since that was the original claim that I took exception to?
Wait a second, you're asking for actual data and facts to back up something a person posted on this board??? Cmon, that's not fair. People should be allowed to post broad, sweeping statements and if called out on it, just tell you "I don't need no stinkin' data. I've got my anecdotes."
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

TruePoint wrote: 8 months ago So would you agree that “most people” with a service dog have no legitimate need for one? And if you agree, can you show me any support for that idea that goes beyond observational or anecdotal or “a hunch”? What about suicide crisis and prevention resources? Is there evidence that “most people” that utilize this type of resource are in fact college athletes who have used up all their “free” transfers and are looking to pull one over on the NCAA by pretending to be in crisis, since that was the original claim that I took exception to?
Can you give us some insight on emotional support animals while your at it? Like a parrot, or a monkey or a cockatoo?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 8 months ago
Can you give us some insight on emotional support animals while your at it? Like a parrot, or a monkey or a cockatoo?
Not having any experience, I'd think they'd add value -...
Parrots and cockatoos....good for when you just want to be annoyed
Monkey as a pet....good for when you just want to be creeped out all the time (I mean, could you sleep knowing there's bleeping monkey in your house?)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 8 months ago
Wait a second, you're asking for actual data and facts to back up something a person posted on this board??? Cmon, that's not fair. People should be allowed to post broad, sweeping statements and if called out on it, just tell you "I don't need no stinkin' data. I've got my anecdotes."
Yes, come on, everyone...This isn't a place where people come to unwind and relax to talk Rhody hoops. You obviously should be expecting detailed PowerPoint presentations in every post, complete with intricate data breakdowns and KPIs. Oh and make sure none of you have any incorrect grammar because you'll be called out on that!
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

That being well said, Stevey, and back on topic regarding the rotation, I wonder how Weston has been doing in practice and if he is carving out a role in the rotation ?

He has good potential so I hope the young man can pull it all together and help us move up in the A10 standings this coming season. I haven’t given up on him yet.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 8 months ago That being well said, Stevey, and back on topic regarding the rotation, I wonder how Weston has been doing in practice and if he is carving out a role in the rotation ?

He has good potential so I hope the young man can pull it all together and help us move up in the A10 standings this coming season. I haven’t given up on him yet.
I'm still all in on Weston. Looking/hoping for a big leap from him this season. I picked him as my leading scorer prediction last year and I'm going down with the ship if thats what it comes to! :lol:
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

adam914 wrote: 8 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 8 months ago That being well said, Stevey, and back on topic regarding the rotation, I wonder how Weston has been doing in practice and if he is carving out a role in the rotation ?

I'm still all in on Weston. Looking/hoping for a big leap from him this season. I picked him as my leading scorer prediction last year and I'm going down with the ship if thats what it comes to! :lol:
Adam, I have a life jacket ready for you…just in case! :lol:
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I hope so. He has so much freaking talent. I always wondered why Archie didn't play him more last year, but from the rumblings I hear at practice, he doesn't have that killer instinct that the team is looking for. Zek does, and he will likely be our starting wing. You can only push a player so far. Eventually, they need to want it. If Green doesn't get the waiver, I think Weston will have more minutes. If he does Green will start at the 4, and Weston will come off the bench. I was higher on Weston than any other player last year, so trust me Adam I'm gonna be heartbroken if he doesn't pan out. He's looked too good in certain moments!
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 8 months ago

I hope so. He has so much freaking talent. I always wondered why Archie didn't play him more last year, but from the rumblings I hear at practice, he doesn't have that killer instinct that the team is looking for. Zek does, and he will likely be our starting wing. You can only push a player so far. Eventually, they need to want it. If Green doesn't get the waiver, I think Weston will have more minutes. If he does Green will start at the 4, and Weston will come off the bench. I was higher on Weston than any other player last year, so trust me Adam I'm gonna be heartbroken if he doesn't pan out. He's looked too good in certain moments!
Yeah that's definitely concerning. I saw a little bit of that last season and was hoping it was just rust and getting comfortable again after not playing for a bit. Keeping hope alive for now!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 8 months ago

Adam, I have a life jacket ready for you…just in case! :lol:
Haha thank you!! Here's to hoping we don't need it!
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Yeah, agree with all of you on Weston.
Maybe not being the leading scorer last season because coming back from his injury issues, but felt he had the most natural ability, talent, and upside of any player on our team.

I certainly hope he can put it all together, guess we will have to wait and see.
1 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

One last thing on support. I believe it was Red who said that Dave Gavitt had a support cockroach, but don't quote me on that, as my memory is a little hazy these days.
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Jersey77 wrote: 8 months ago

Yeah, agree with all of you on Weston.
Maybe not being the leading scorer last season because coming back from his injury issues, but felt he had the most natural ability, talent, and upside of any player on our team.

I certainly hope he can put it all together, guess we will have to wait and see.
Going to cut him some slack last season, first time he’s played in college and was coming off of injuries. Definitely showed some flashes, hope he has a breakout year this season and is a key part of the team.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I'm not optimistic Green will get the waiver after this:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... er-request

Supposedly transferred to be closer to his mother who has a medical condition. Obviously we don't know everything here, but it looks like the NCAA is going to be tough with these second transfers
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Speaking of Weston, I recently saw a shirtless pic of him. He looks both trimmer and stronger.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Billyboy78 wrote: 8 months ago Speaking of Weston, I recently saw a shirtless pic of him. He looks both trimmer and stronger.
Out of context, this is spicy.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 8 months ago

Supposedly transferred to be closer to his mother who has a medical condition. Obviously we don't know everything here, but it looks like the NCAA is going to be tough with these second transfers
The NCAA isn't the sharpest, they may have denied him simply because the school he moved to was in the same state.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

SGreenwell wrote: 8 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 8 months ago Speaking of Weston, I recently saw a shirtless pic of him. He looks both trimmer and stronger.
Out of context, this is spicy.
The question is not talent or physical condition, it's effort and interest.
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 8 months ago

The NCAA isn't the sharpest, they may have denied him simply because the school he moved to was in the same state.
More backstory on the two big NCAA transfer waiver denials:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... new-policy

I think we need to assume at this point that Green will not be playing for us this year
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

jcru wrote: 8 months ago

More backstory on the two big NCAA transfer waiver denials:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... new-policy

I think we need to assume at this point that Green will not be playing for us this year
The article points out though that the emphasis is on personal reasons for transferring, not family issues. It's callous and dumb (like everything else the NCAA does), but with the coaching change Green was forced out. His reason is personal.

I'd say for that reason - we might have hope. But no one knows what the NCAA is going to do or why, so we wait.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 8 months ago
Yes, come on, everyone...This isn't a place where people come to unwind and relax to talk Rhody hoops. You obviously should be expecting detailed PowerPoint presentations in every post, complete with intricate data breakdowns and KPIs. Oh and make sure none of you have any incorrect grammar because you'll be called out on that!
You're showing your brilliance. Can you show me where I said any of that?

I'll translate for you...if you have an opinion, great. Go ahead share it and share what facts your opinion is based on. That's called an educated debate. Simple enough? (As opposed to your method of say and throw anything at the wall and you don't care if nothing sticks.)
0 x