Rhody Vault

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody Vault

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

''Coaching staff"....aka Archie Miller.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RV...Sun Tzu. Try it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Interesting comments in the replies
Wish he would lose the Rhody in his logo. Move away from a Rhody connection.
RV could have simply let this reversal to have an interview of an incoming preferred walk-on die. Nobody would have known the difference, all would have been forgotten. But he didn't, he reacts in an awkward manner to the URI MBB Coaching Staff.

E287CC6A-C822-4E71-BBFD-6386CD108721.png
4BB82471-53FC-47FE-8BF6-48427232A237.png
Last edited by ramster 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Malik chimes in

4 x
Slava Ukraini!
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Hot damn
6 x
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

Yup. He’s a fraud and Malik Called him out straight up.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote: 10 months ago Malik chimes in

Good for Malik.

Rhody Vault could have just let this go. He should know the URI Coaching Staff is in charge. But he can't do that. He has to fight the Staff and try to discredit the Staff.
Nothing new here. Players and Coaches for URI know the situation as Malik says. Stay away from this guy.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

028B23FE-BCEE-41E2-BA89-B0B5DF41997F.png
B59420EC-A47B-4490-8168-15C25D6F4228.png
"You don't know. That's the problem."

Boom
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 10 months ago 028B23FE-BCEE-41E2-BA89-B0B5DF41997F.png

B59420EC-A47B-4490-8168-15C25D6F4228.png

"You don't know. That's the problem."

Boom
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

WOW! Good for Malik calling this out.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

As Malik said real ones know. This guy was and is a grifter.
4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Woww Malik lol.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RV just doesn't get it

801088EA-9DF7-4BC0-9F68-D78B05064429.png
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RV pays guys to get on his podcast. That’s how he started this in the first place.

I love to see Carey jumping in too.

If you read between the lines you can imagine the issues Bray could’ve caused in the locker room.

To act like he’s some heaven sent angel to our basketball program is as hilarious as it is sad.

There’s no denying his content and connection to the past were a catalyst in starting to honor our past teams. But how he’s been a petulant child with a (now admitted) bias against our staff and program by posting potshots about our staff and having a completely different tone about our players and coaches vs others he covers would be hilarious if it wasn’t so pathetic.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Love Jalen Carey reply with 5 sets of eyes

Malik's Senior Night Teammate
8C2C927A-7556-47E3-8F7D-41105B11D37E.jpeg
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It's clear what the staff and players think and have thought for some time

They know a grifter when they see one

9457829F-58E3-47B7-AEA2-B35FFF0B4A84.png
1 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

:lol:

what a jock sniffing fucking loser

1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody74 wrote: 10 months ago Malik chimes in

Tweet was deleted, anyone know what it was?

Also I wonder if he’ll still have the interviews with Kenny this upcoming season.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That's why I screen shot his tweets and replies
Malik's tweets are in the above screen shots
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Tammi seems to like the guy and wants any and all promotion he does for her program.
0 x
Go Rhody
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Could the interview have been cancelled because Allen has yet to enroll? I though I read he is joining the team in the fall.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody15 wrote: 10 months ago Tammi seems to like the guy and wants any and all promotion he does for her program.
If he’s doing promotion for her program, she should welcome that. He isn’t doing promotion for the men’s program, he’s shit stirring and making everyone involved with the program’s lives more difficult. Maybe you like that kind of content, and if there’s a big enough market for it then so be it. But he isn’t “media” he’s just a try-hard twitter guy.

In many contexts, the job of the media is to hold people in positions of power to public account. I think reasonable minds can differ on the degree to which sports media shares that responsibility with their colleagues in other lanes, since sports isn’t ultimately all that consequential. As much as I don’t personally enjoy the sort of old-school Boston/New York/Philly brand of antagonistic sports media, I at least accept that it’s a thing. But if you’re not actually media and you’re just a twitter guy trying to associate yourself with a college program as a shortcut to clout, turning around and using that platform to undermine that program - in my view often unfairly and for the pettiest of reasons - is not respectable.
9 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 10 months ago Could the interview have been cancelled because Allen has yet to enroll? I though I read he is joining the team in the fall.
He’s in the pictures Rhody MBB posts on Instagram.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody15 wrote: 10 months ago Tammi seems to like the guy and wants any and all promotion he does for her program.
He targets people who don't get a ton of attention. He has a strategy. Takes a blind person not to see it.

Did Cooley ever talk to him, no. Archie, no. Grasso, yes. Bc how many ppl are banging down the Bryant athletics department door offering to promote the coach and program. Those people are less discerning.

He came in hot on the URI program and immediately turned people off. There was a more strategic and delicate way to handle it but he chose trying a straight line and when he didn't get immediate access he turned on the HC. He's reaping what he sowed.
5 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Serious Mook
Obsession

Hint: don’t read his stuff

(IMO we’re way better than this thread)

That’s all I got.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Seemed like he was salty when Arch didn’t grant him an interview when he first got hired , then he took a liking to Bray and took every pot shot @ the coaching staff , glad the team is boycotting him
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 10 months ago Seemed like he was salty when Arch didn’t grant him an interview when he first got hired , then he took a liking to Bray and took every pot shot @ the coaching staff , glad the team is boycotting him
Boycotting who? :lol:
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Well D Hurley just hired Malik as a grad asst. Won’t be thinking much about Rhody going forward.

Great hire by Dan.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 10 months ago Well D Hurley just hired Malik as a grad asst. Won’t be thinking much about Rhody going forward.

Great hire by Dan.
Looks like he won’t be getting any UConn interviews
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ramfan22 wrote: 10 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 10 months ago Well D Hurley just hired Malik as a grad asst. Won’t be thinking much about Rhody going forward.

Great hire by Dan.
Looks like he won’t be getting any UConn interviews
Moore?
0 x
Rhodyg
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodyg »

I’ve seen similar rants on this thread, but I think it’s embarrassing to have this guys page labeled “RHODY Vault” in blue yet all he does is wipe PC’s ass on his page. It was originally a URI account. It’s similar to a UNC related twitter name complimenting Duke frequently. We are supposed to be rivals, no?? Or is the University of Rhode Island actually PC’s little brother as the PriCks so often claim? Why not make Friars, Brown & Bryant Vaults, Mook?
6 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The Vault says it's a critical year.......oh boy.

59606F67-FB52-4456-BF54-14F55D2990EC.png
CAECC582-4270-4090-9204-8482E4674C69.png
AF87F68F-6627-4B2E-B196-0CFE659B89C2.png
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Vault is such a boob , stirring the pot again
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I would argue the 19-20 season was his most important season in his career so far. He was coming off a bit of a disappointing 2nd season at IU with Romeo Langford ("only" getting a 1-seed in the NIT, again in year 2) and signee Trace Jackson-Davis coming in looking to get over the NCAAs hump.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I feel once again Vault is trying to stir up much more drama than there should be for this season.

Yes it is important that we see much improvement over last season but not critical to this program that we finish in the top half for 23-24.
Of course, as a fan I always want us to have as much success as possible and sooner than later. But as I said before I expect us to see that big jump to the upper tier in Archie's 3rd season.

Look if he can pull it off this season all the better and power to him, but this year is certainly not going to make or break our program as Vault seems to imply.

This has been the staff's first full year of recruiting and they basically started from scratch and put together a new roster. I am not expecting miracles, just want us to move in the right direction.
4 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I love things taken out of context to establish some ludicrous point not based in reality.

Nevermind the fact that Arch had a top 30 team destined for the NCAA in the Covid year.

Typical Vault though. High on conjecture and inferences, light on reality. Or more simply put “if you like me, I’ll write nice things about you, but if you don’t I’ll take everything you do out of context because I’m not a journalist - I’m desperate for attention.”
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 9 months ago I love things taken out of context to establish some ludicrous point not based in reality.

Nevermind the fact that Arch had a top 30 team destined for the NCAA in the Covid year.

Typical Vault though. High on conjecture and inferences, light on reality. Or more simply put “if you like me, I’ll write nice things about you, but if you don’t I’ll take everything you do out of context because I’m not a journalist - I’m desperate for attention.”
Agree with everything here. The pressure/expectations from the school and fans going into that 19-20 season was/were much greater than going into this season.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RhodyKyle wrote: 9 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 9 months ago I love things taken out of context to establish some ludicrous point not based in reality.

Agree with everything here. The pressure/expectations from the school and fans going into that 19-20 season was/were much greater than going into this season.
Just remember that the reality for most in this weird camp of Archie distrust is that Dave Cox had an empty cupboard but Archie should've been good out of the box.

I've begun to make my peace with it. Some people, you just can't reach.
6 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

LOL...every Rhody Vault story that references URI can be summed up as, "Me. Me,. Me, and more of me! Hey hey, look at meeeee!!!!! Instead of posting on a fan board, I'm doing it on the TwitchFace - a lot - so I MUST BE IMPORTANT! I mean, no one in the program that I decided to name myself after wants anything to do with me, but, hey...LOOK AT MEEEE!!!!"

I wonder what he really does for a living...? I mean, he surely can't be cashing in on this drivel...if so, there's a bunch of people on this board in the wroooonnnng profession :lol:
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Blue Man wrote: 9 months ago

Just remember that the reality for most in this weird camp of Archie distrust is that Dave Cox had an empty cupboard but Archie should've been good out of the box.

So I don't have a horse in this race, but I don't find the statements that far-fetched. In modern college basketball, good coaches should not suffer through significant rebuilds. They go places, and their name, pedigree, and connections immediately start pulling in top talent that can play right away. It's not like 10 years ago where transfers had to sit for a year. If you're making real progress, you should be a 5-7 team in your conference. Not necessarily a tournament team, but a team that with "one or two missing pieces, should make the tournament next year."
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Kind of agree with SuperFly here. Last season was a abysmal train wreck. I sat through most of it first hand and it was bad.

I’m expecting Miller to bounce back strong. It’s extremely important that he does.

Go Rhody
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 8 months ago

So I don't have a horse in this race, but I don't find the statements that far-fetched. In modern college basketball, good coaches should not suffer through significant rebuilds. They go places, and their name, pedigree, and connections immediately start pulling in top talent that can play right away. It's not like 10 years ago where transfers had to sit for a year. If you're making real progress, you should be a 5-7 team in your conference. Not necessarily a tournament team, but a team that with "one or two missing pieces, should make the tournament next year."
It's the hyperbole of how this upcoming season is the most important of Archie's entire career. That's just patently false and you cannot justify that statement.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

hrstrat57 wrote: 8 months ago Kind of agree with SuperFly here. Last season was a abysmal train wreck. I sat through most of it first hand and it was bad.

I’m expecting Miller to bounce back strong. It’s extremely important that he does.

Go Rhody
Context is important.

Archie was out of recruiting/coaching for a year. KJ was out of recruiting/coaching for a year. Willard took the job late and woodward's recruits had already committed.

Add into the fact that we had ZERO dollars in NIL and we got what we could.

Couple high risk/high reward guys - be it injury, behavioral, or otherwise. We got them at the very end of the cycle.

We had a low major/D2 PG forced to play a majority of minutes out of necessity.

Just compare last year to this year from a pure talent perspective. Be it the freshmen, the transfers, or even the holdovers.

Last year was survival. This year is where you'll see what you can do and project what the future looks like.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

RhodyKyle wrote: 8 months ago

It's the hyperbole of how this upcoming season is the most important of Archie's entire career. That's just patently false and you cannot justify that statement.
So there is an argument to be said for that. He's now 5 coaching seasons removed from a tournament bid and 7 coaching seasons removed from a tournament win. The further he gets removed from that, the more people can wonder if that run at Dayton was simply a flash in the pan. Even more so now, an above average coach going to a new program in the portal era should be more like a quick reload and less like a slow rebuild. So in year 2, if he still has the pedigree people thought he had at Dayton, your team should be competitive and within a game or two of a Top 4 A10T seed. If you are a bottom 4 team a second year in a row, I'd be wondering what the hell you are paying for. And if he flounders this year, people are really going to wonder if Archie still has it. For perception of him as a coach, this season may very well be the most important of his career.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote: 8 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 8 months ago Kind of agree with SuperFly here. Last season was a abysmal train wreck. I sat through most of it first hand and it was bad.

Go Rhody
Context is important.

Archie was out of recruiting/coaching for a year. KJ was out of recruiting/coaching for a year. Willard took the job late and woodward's recruits had already committed.

Add into the fact that we had ZERO dollars in NIL and we got what we could.

Couple high risk/high reward guys - be it injury, behavioral, or otherwise. We got them at the very end of the cycle.

We had a low major/D2 PG forced to play a majority of minutes out of necessity.

Just compare last year to this year from a pure talent perspective. Be it the freshmen, the transfers, or even the holdovers.

Last year was survival. This year is where you'll see what you can do and project what the future looks like.
Last season horse is beaten thoroughly and I sat through the whole thing. Big role of the dice on Freeman was a complete failure. The rest of the characters simply could not play A10 hoops. I had middling expectations but I did not expect a disaster.

Like I said I’m expecting a strong bounce back for Miller. I don’t see Vault’s comment as a stretch. Combative yes. Fuel for the fire I guess…

Bought my tix, all in .

Go Rhody
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

if this isn't his most important season of his career, that's fine, but it sure is the second most important.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

So there is an argument to be said for that. He's now 5 coaching seasons removed from a tournament bid and 7 coaching seasons removed from a tournament win. The further he gets removed from that, the more people can wonder if that run at Dayton was simply a flash in the pan. Even more so now, an above average coach going to a new program in the portal era should be more like a quick reload and less like a slow rebuild. So in year 2, if he still has the pedigree people thought he had at Dayton, your team should be competitive and within a game or two of a Top 4 A10T seed. If you are a bottom 4 team a second year in a row, I'd be wondering what the hell you are paying for. And if he flounders this year, people are really going to wonder if Archie still has it. For perception of him as a coach, this season may very well be the most important of his career.
Archie's 2019-'20 IU team was going to the NCAA tournament. So this "5 coaching seasons removed from a tournament bid and 7 coaching seasons removed from a tournament win" doesn't take that into context. All these if's...you can go on forever with this stuff.

Archie is doing fine. He will do fine. I realize it's the hazy, lazy days of summer with nothing going on except sunburns. So let's chill out on the hyperbole over year-2 being so important for Archie's career.

And for the record, conference-wise Brad Underwood at Illinois was 11-27 in his first 2 years at Illinois...John Belein 21-33 at Michigan in 3 years...Bruce Pearl 16-38 at Auburn in 3 years.
3 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

I feel like people already asked those questions while he was at IU. He was supposed to take them back to F4s after they shitcanned Crean. He signed 5* Mr. Basketball in Indiana and failed to reach the tournament in his second year leading to people questioning his pedigree. The following year he brought in Trace Jackson-Davis and, as Blue Man pointed out, Archie had IU as a lock going into conference tournament week.

Anyway, back to the point - how is anything you've said something he hasn't faced already at IU. I keep repeating myself here but the pressure and expectations there are far greater than at URI (almost too high, if you ask me) and the pressure on him heading into that 2019-2020 season is more than here heading into this season - if he wasn't a lock and had a similar season to the one before, he was fired then. He was trying to answer those "flash in the pan" questions then - in a place far more visible than URI. Saying this upcoming season is his most important of his career is ignoring what he dealt with at IU.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let Vault call it what he wants

I will bet on Arch and think we will all be happy where we stand after year 2
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 8 months ago

Archie's 2019-'20 IU team was going to the NCAA tournament. So this "5 coaching seasons removed from a tournament bid and 7 coaching seasons removed from a tournament win" doesn't take that into context. All these if's...you can go on forever with this stuff.

Archie is doing fine. He will do fine. I realize it's the hazy, lazy days of summer with nothing going on except sunburns. So let's chill out on the hyperbole over year-2 being so important for Archie's career.

And for the record, conference-wise Brad Underwood at Illinois was 11-27 in his first 2 years at Illinois...John Belein 21-33 at Michigan in 3 years...Bruce Pearl 16-38 at Auburn in 3 years.
19-20 team was probably going to the tournament. Bracket Matrix had them as a 10 seed. Started the season 15-4, 5-3. Finished 5-8.

In this era of hoops, it's impossible to compare old rebuilds to current ones. You can land someone Day 1 and immediately have those former players/transfers to start for you season 1. Even more, there is an extra year of players moving thanks to COVID eligibility. So the pool of portal players moving has never been bigger and they don't have to sit.

So maybe you hit only singles and doubles your first offseason with only a month or two on the ground, but certainly by offseason 2 you can have a team built of guys you brought in who have talent and can play immediately. There shouldn't be a long, dramatic period where it takes you 3+ years to even be competitive. In this era, in year 2 you should be flirting with NIT and year 3, NCAA, at worst.

Georgetown was 2-39 in Big East games the last 2 years. Does anyone believe Ed Cooley is getting years of patience to rebuild? And I'm not that obtuse, you don't have the pedigree of Gtown, or the resources, but surely you have enough that with the right coach in this era, you shouldn't be screaming from the rooftops for a 10th place finish in the 1-2 bid A10. You have way more going for you than that.
1 x