'19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> Syracuse)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Ramfan22
ARD

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State)

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Should have committed to Rhode Island out of high school (although I think there was some academic issues) . Didn’t he tell the coaching staff he was coming here and then changed his mind over the weekend?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Played in 28 of 32 games last year avg 13 minutes 4 points and 2 rebounds
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah I'd take him. His numbers aren't great, but he's still crazy athletic and nobody in the A-10 has anything near 7'3/7'4
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

No again
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hard no again too
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Hard no again too
Why??? 7 footer that averaged double digits in the ACC? I did not read the 21+ previous pages, but is this the "real" longest thread for a guy that never played here? Is it being regurgitated because there's actually a shot he comes here? Because if there is....find out what kind of car he likes and I'll go rent one and pick him up...7 footer....double digits in the ACC....
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Why??? 7 footer that averaged double digits in the ACC? I did not read the 21+ previous pages, but is this the "real" longest thread for a guy that never played here? Is it being regurgitated because there's actually a shot he comes here? Because if there is....find out what kind of car he likes and I'll go rent one and pick him up...7 footer....double digits in the ACC....
I'm team Naheem! He'd be awesome here!

Now I do think he's got tude problems so nobody really wants to deal with that
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
I'm team Naheem! He'd be awesome here!

Now I do think he's got tude problems so nobody really wants to deal with that
He'd have his own "7 footer that averaged double digits in the ACC" 'Tude Pool here, which might not be so intolerable, since he'd pretty much be a unicorn with no internal competition?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago I am watching FSU v Duke and he started made a nice dunk
Jon Clark-like usage, it seems like, since he's averaging around 10 minutes per game. He had 7 boards against Duke, but even with that, he's 1.9 rebounds and 0.5 blocks in his 10.6 MPG, which is kind of surprisingly low. All that being said, hell, wish we had him, since you can't teach 7'4".
A-men. Is this thread only alive again because it was so long previous? Or, is there some possibility he comes here....because that would change everything....

I know...this is why Alex is leaving, right???? :lol:
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Seems like he would be ok for us but only for one year

Pass please
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Double digits in what? Games played? Total points? His averages were 4.1 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 0.9 BPG. Per 40, that scales up to 13.3, 7.9 and 2.8. You can't teach 7'4", so if the staff really wanted him, sure, there are probably worse ways to use a scholarship.

But I think this thread was bumped because he's transferring, and because people like to keep tabs on players that have passed through the URI orbit, so to speak. He was recruited by Cox, IIRC, so I don't think there's a strong connection to the current staff. Could be mistaken, though! McLeod doesn't seem to be that active on Twitter, so I don't think we're going to get much info about interested teams.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Misread...thought it was 13 points, not 13 minutes...carry on....would rock to have a 7' 3" ACC dude though
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

No Rhody on his list, but some A10 schools in the mix.

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> ??? )

Unread post by reef »

Lot of P6 want that 7’3 size
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Dude has Kansas and Syracuse after him and people here were saying "pass" 😂
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I wonder what his agents NIL $ demands are?

He has a good list there to help bid up his $ value.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Syracuse it is!
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I realize it's probably just an odd reflection or photoshop, but it almost looks like McLeod has white hair in his beard / goatee. But, maybe I'm just projecting here...

0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

SGreenwell wrote: 11 months ago I realize it's probably just an odd reflection or photoshop, but it almost looks like McLeod has white hair in his beard / goatee. But, maybe I'm just projecting here...

It seems like this guy has been around forever. I still remember him on every social media outlet when URI was recruiting him. I would definitely have taken a stab on him if he wanted to come here, but he just isn’t as good as he was made out to be. Boy how Syracuse has fallen off over the years. The fans were going crazy to get a guy averaging 3 pts and a couple rebounds a game while sitting on the bench mainly.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 11 months ago
SGreenwell wrote: 11 months ago I realize it's probably just an odd reflection or photoshop, but it almost looks like McLeod has white hair in his beard / goatee. But, maybe I'm just projecting here...

It seems like this guy has been around forever. I still remember him on every social media outlet when URI was recruiting him. I would definitely have taken a stab on him if he wanted to come here, but he just isn’t as good as he was made out to be. Boy how Syracuse has fallen off over the years. The fans were going crazy to get a guy averaging 3 pts and a couple rebounds a game while sitting on the bench mainly.
We were going crazy for a juco who committed to Oakland.
0 x
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago
RamStock wrote: 11 months ago

We were going crazy for a juco who committed to Oakland.
Syracuse was a big program that was one of the tops in college basketball. We obviously are no where close to that as we have seen recently. I would have taken McLeod for sure
0 x