General Visits/transfer recruiting

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Re: General Visits/transfer recruiting

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

So, he said he’s making his decision Friday. Which time zone on Friday - eastern, mountain, western ?

Asking for my friends in the David Green thread.

:lol:
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago Not sure if this means anything, but he retweeted this today. Notice Saint Louis.
You could say the same thing about him following alot of Rhody fans including myself within the past week
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Let's get this guy. Let's get this guy.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Your fly on the wall joke might actually be true jcru!!

😂😂😂😂
Every once in a while, the squirrel get's the nut, runs up the clock, breaks it, and it's still right twice a day.

Or, something like that.

Go Rhody!
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

If we beat out St Louis and St Bonny, this place is going to go ape shit
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago Not sure if this means anything, but he retweeted this today. Notice Saint Louis.
You could say the same thing about him following alot of Rhody fans including myself within the past week
True!
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago If we beat out St Louis and St Bonny, this place is going to go ape shit
I think it’s going to be between us and St. Louis

Bona has a full frontcourt with all rookie Yann Farrell and Chad Venning, plus Pride, Banks and Luc for their backcourt so I don’t see him getting minutes there

One thing that I did notice today which could’ve triggered a decision for Dalger soon is that St. Louis got a commitment from a Swedish big man, but at the same time there is a lot of minutes to go around there with a depleted roster
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If it's down to three A10 schools, this is the type of recruiting battle we need to win. If we can't beat out our own peers, we're in big trouble.
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago Looking more and more like it's really tough for the staff to bring in higher level talented transfers. Guys want to play for a winner since they're only going to be here for a year or two. Since we stink, who can blame them.
We were not a winner when Miller took the job.
We were not going to bring players in to be here a year or two - appears philosophy could be changing at least for this year.

We stunk to high heaven when Hurley took over for Baron

We stunk for a long, long time when Reiss took over and turned the program around primarily with 1 or 2 year transfers.
Reiss is recruiting offshore talent. We need to get on that train.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago
True!
Plus looking at last year he played in the same tournament
2 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago

True!
Plus looking at last year he played in the same tournament
Good catch. I really want this to happen lol. Come on Dalger!!!
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago If it's down to three A10 schools, this is the type of recruiting battle we need to win. If we can't beat out our own peers, we're in big trouble.
I agree wholeheartedly, 78, it would be trouble unless it was truly something out of our control that determined his decision to choose one of the others. But, short of an insider coming along with insight into that “something”, I am left to speculate so, I would manage my level of concern until I see a trend.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago
rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago Looking more and more like it's really tough for the staff to bring in higher level talented transfers. Guys want to play for a winner since they're only going to be here for a year or two. Since we stink, who can blame them.
We were not going to bring players in to be here a year or two - appears philosophy could be changing at least for this year.

We stunk for a long, long time when Reiss took over and turned the program around primarily with 1 or 2 year transfers.
I completely disagree, 57! Just a crazy, outrageous comment on your part. SMH.

We can’t get offshore by train! We would need to get on a jet or ship! :lol:
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago

I completely disagree, 57! Just a crazy, outrageous comment on your part. SMH.

We can’t get offshore by train! We would need to get on a jet or ship! :lol:
Get off the stealth train and get on the stealth boat

:)
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Um wth im so confused

With this it means Dalger is probably a Billiken
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Darn. I thought it was Dalger. We seem to missing out on all the big transfers and getting a lot of the lower end ones. Pretty disappointing
3 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

The only thing I could see happening (but is a long shot) is Archie takes both with Green having to get a waiver next year
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago The only thing I could see happening (but is a long shot) is Archie takes both with Green having to get a waiver next year
Yes Dino I was thinking the same thing.

I still hope we are in play for Dalger.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago
Let’s go Money green !!
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

I have to say this team has some very good names, Jaden House, Connor Dubsky, Always Wright (best in the country), Zek Montgomery, David Green.
2 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

To be honest, I'd be shocked if getting both is the plan.
You don't take a guy that can't play this year when there will be a dozen more just like him available next year.

I would still like to campaign for Hunter Dean to fill that last spot. We need a player that can defend the bigger guys in the A-10.
I like Rory, but he's not that guy. We have Foumena who we hope is healthy but it's not guaranteed, and Bilal who we know is not healthy (at least to start the year). That leaves only T Brown. And, you know foul trouble, injuries, etc. will happen.
We need depth there.
3 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Ali Ali committed to Akron today
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

reckless jake wrote: 11 months ago Ali Ali committed to Akron today
Best move for him, had a lot of success with Akron and led them to a tournament appearance in 2021-2022.
0 x
PowderBlueButBetter
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by PowderBlueButBetter »

Where does the last scholarship go? Freshman or transfer? Guard, wing, or big?

Preferably i would like a grad transfer C that we could start still Foumena is ready to take over
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Let's be real though, upgrading our talent from last season shouldn't have been a huge hurdle.
The staff has been together a year now and we were awful this past season.

Even though as a package the additions may be better, not sure individually any one of them is better than Ish or Bray.

I still think we have a long way to go before I have high expectations for this team.
Bray didn't play defense. Every player on last years team and on next years team plays defense better than Freeman.
When have you watched any of these guys play defense?? This is just one of those statements because URI signed them. House might equal Freeman. Maybe he is better defensively, but no one player is better than Ish. We will win more games because we can’t do worse than last year and the schedule is very weak
Last year our out of conference was 248 in the country according to KenPom and it was the worst A10 most of us can remember. Good chance our schedule ends up being weak, but it wasn't exactly a gauntlet last year either
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 11 months ago Where does the last scholarship go? Freshman or transfer? Guard, wing, or big?

Preferably i would like a grad transfer C that we could start still Foumena is ready to take over
Really good question. With the last pickups and the ones that got away, I certainly can't figure out what the "plan" is?
I am disappointed at the ones that got away, as I do not really see upgrades at all positions. A lot of same same.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 11 months ago
PowderBlueButBetter wrote: 11 months ago Where does the last scholarship go? Freshman or transfer? Guard, wing, or big?

Really good question. With the last pickups and the ones that got away, I certainly can't figure out what the "plan" is?
I am disappointed at the ones that got away, as I do not really see upgrades at all positions. A lot of same same.
If I’m reading the social media leaves correctly it’s going to be a freshman wing
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 11 months ago

If I’m reading the social media leaves correctly it’s going to be a freshman wing
Last schollie? What is that? I hope Archie is looking to sign as many top rated freshmen as possible. Schollies are no longer important. Just brizz players and move on.
0 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

IMG_1519.jpeg
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

theblueram wrote: 11 months ago

Last schollie? What is that? I hope Archie is looking to sign as many top rated freshmen as possible. Schollies are no longer important. Just brizz players and move on.
That’s honestly just cruel, I know you want excellence but seriously
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Backroads wrote: 11 months ago IMG_1519.jpeg
The first one has some mid major offers while the second one has no offers
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Cruel? Yeah that stage of NCAA basketball has passed.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Both Nathan Ojukwu or Justin Johnson would be decent wing additions to this '23 recruiting class.
But don't see that we offered or are involved at this point.
Last edited by Jersey77 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I’m all for getting better, I know what your trying to imply blueram, Mussleman has done it the past two year with the High freshman recruits he gets but asks them what the shape of Italy is when a talented transfer comes their way, rather have a talented transfer than a freshman
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I’m all for getting better, I know what your trying to imply blueram, Mussleman has done it the past two year with the High freshman recruits he gets but asks them what the shape of Italy is when a talented transfer comes their way, rather have a talented transfer than a freshman
Eh, I don't watch pro sports anymore. Or I should say I don't follow pro sports. Every year, new players. It's not like it used to be. Same is happening to college hoops. Sad.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

What top rated freshman would you like him to sign right now? It’s May. All the top rated freshman are signed already.

Unless of course you’re talking about the best player in America who just decommitted from Texas.
0 x
Go Rhody
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago

What top rated freshman would you like him to sign right now? It’s May. All the top rated freshman are signed already.

Unless of course you’re talking about the best player in America who just decommitted from Texas.
Bronny
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Jersey77 wrote: 11 months ago
Both Nathan Ojukwu or Jalen Johnson would be decent wing additions to this '23 recruiting class.
Same thing happened with Lou, Rory & Foumena last year got no news of us offering them and out of nowhere they committed so I wouldn’t be shocked.

Seems like you know about them Jersey which one would you take/has the most upside, another one to add to the list is a 6’8” kid who’s played pro ball in Sweden that Kenny followed last week named Tunde Vahlberg Fasasi, took an official to LaSalle last week
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Johnson would be the better get, but I thought he was supposed to go to Gtown. Ojukwu is a really athletic lefty. Raw though. I don't expect anyone special with the last ship.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 11 months ago

Both Nathan Ojukwu or Justin Johnson would be decent wing additions to this '23 recruiting class.
Same thing happened with Lou, Rory & Foumena last year got no news of us offering them and out of nowhere they committed so I wouldn’t be shocked.

Seems like you know about them Jersey which one would you take/has the most upside, another one to add to the list is a 6’8” kid who’s played pro ball in Sweden that Kenny followed last week named Tunde Vahlberg Fasasi, took an official to LaSalle last week
A little on both: Ojukwu more under the radar, raw and lots of upside, had interest from Drake and VMI.
Article on him.
https://phenomhoopreport.com/start-noti ... an-ojukwu/

Justin Johnson was a consensus 3*, had Georgetown and FGCU interest.
Something on him.
https://www.sfltimes.com/news/local/pre ... ads-to-l-a
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Eh, I don't watch pro sports anymore. Or I should say I don't follow pro sports. Every year, new players. It's not like it used to be. Same is happening to college hoops. Sad.
I hope you see the irony here in your two posts
2 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

It will be interesting to see how Green's two years of eligibility (vice Dalger's one) affects our ability to recruit another wing as is alluded to above. If true, you'd almost need a developmental player that would agree to red shirt and it also signals that you think the roster is good enough to compete.

I know some of you all have way more inside info, but man, I really think not getting another big is a mistake.
Someone Like Dean, Favour Aire or Kebbe Njie would solidify our frontcourt.
Or shoot for the moon and call Lance Ware.

I know there could be other factors at play here - worrying about someone potentially transferring due to another signing, so maybe it is not possible, but I see defending the post as the biggest hole we have.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 11 months ago
Wish we had him instead of Green.
0 x
Go Rhody
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 11 months ago
Wish we had him instead of Green.
Another version of bray.
3 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Brandon Gardner
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Joe95 wrote: 11 months agoBrandon Gardner
Is he visiting?
0 x
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

That would be awesome if that is happening. Committed to St. Johns and Pitino ran him off or he left on his volition. Either way was considered a top 100 recruit in the class of 2023. Out of Christ the King in NYC.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x