Rhody Vault

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Rhody Vault

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/pr ... irlfriend/

Is this some of that “mindset” I keep hearing about?
“So what? Now what?” - Kim English
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago Tyson Brown has committed to URI
Jaden House has committed to URI

Rafael Pinzon committed Bryant Great get

Justyn Fernandez committed to PC huge addition

Josh Odoru committed one of the best in the portal

Kim English Putting on a master class of building momentum for a program

Carter and Hopkins to return to PC What a job by Kim English to retain the bulk of his roster

Everything English does is heroic everything Archie does has to be questioned. You can basically fail his enthusiasm for everything PC does and it's disthing everything you are right does he should just call it the PC vault guys a total clown
English and Grasso gave him an interview. This isn’t hard to follow. He’s a fraud.
4 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago RI media is in love with a guy that has done absolutely nothing to date.
Heard they're planning to hang a 'Played 1on1 on Instagram Live' banner at the season opener.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/pr ... irlfriend/

That response comes after English consulted with Alabama's athletic department on how to handle this.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago

That response comes after English consulted with Alabama's athletic department on how to handle this.
Im trying to imagine Rhody vaults tweets if it was a URI player.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago

Im trying to imagine Rhody vaults tweets if it was a URI player.
I'm envisioning the term death penalty being unironically thrown around and comparisons to NM St.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sounds like RV revealed some info he wasn't supposed to?

He blames Leggett for the incorrect reporting issue?

Very odd.

B5D1D483-BE71-4F11-AA4C-452DA56EBE74.png
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Sounds like RV revealed some info he wasn't supposed to?

Very odd.

I'm not a fan of RV at all, but wasn't the initial tweet about Ish visiting Georgetown from either Casual Hoya or Hoya Saxa, or some Georgtown poster?
3 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Looks like Ish was at the Celtics game last night. Hopefully Dowtin told him to stay!
1 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Sounds like RV revealed some info he wasn't supposed to?

Very odd.

I'm not a fan of RV at all, but wasn't the initial tweet about Ish visiting Georgetown from either Casual Hoya or Hoya Saxa, or some Georgtown poster?
Yes
1 x
Common sense is not common.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

What a fucking fool.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Notice how most of RVs interviews are PC related mostly , had Croswell yesterday
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Very odd.

Not how I see it. RV retweeted a Hoya account suggesting Leggett was visiting. Leggett said nope. He’s not blaming Leggett- Leggett is the source that told RV (and the Hoya account) it wasn’t true.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago

Very odd.

Not how I see it. RV retweeted a Hoya account suggesting Leggett was visiting. Leggett said nope. He’s not blaming Leggett- Leggett is the source that told RV (and the Hoya account) it wasn’t true.
True. Other posters said the same but it is certainly not clear at all. Problem was that RV deleted the posts that mentioned it which I never got to see. I only saw RVs message here. When you read only his message it's difficult to interpret what he means. Could have been much clearer, especially after he screwed up so bad with the incorrect news sharing.

No need to have deleted the messages that he retweeted. By retweeting those messages the insinuation is that he had verified them or at least he agrees with them since he is spreading the word via Twitter.

All very poorly validated and poorly corrected - requiring Leggett himself to have to stop the insanity and unvalidated info sharing.

Where are the apologies from those who started the misinformation? Or is simply deleting fixing everything?

Stupid. Par for the course.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago

Very odd.

That’s how I read it too.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyVault wrote: 1 year ago 1. Woke? Because I think Rucus should promote the Womens games which is one of 3 ticketed sports at URI...
2. I have criticized Archie's decision to bench a player that early because I didn't think it was warranted and I dint like people comparing a new member of the team to Mitchell twins and all of that.
3. I run an account that any of you can decide to follow or engage with. I also have that decision. So I am being trolled or I don't want to engage than love it or hate it I block.
4. A rat? I have been the biggest supported of this program and have Brough more attention to it on twitter than any news source has in 3 years in my opinion. I have brought alumni back in the fold. I am critical of certain decisions Archie makes and don't "fall in line" with the idea that he has nothing to prove and we can't question anything he does until year 3.
5. I support and talk with many players on this team and have gone out of my way for FREE to promote these guys and try and get them NIL stuff.
6. The Canada/brother things shows that there are several of you that just want to hate, absolutely hate to the next level. Recaps of games? The games are on television and god forbid an Alumni doesn't live in Kingston, must mean he can't watch games...
7. I have not been interested for awhile now in interviews or connecting with the program. Several months back I talked with a member of the staff for about 40 minutes. I now cover several teams and I apologize it so kills many of you. Leave the personal stuff out of a college basketball game. The anger and intensity is out of line. And if you really want to actually have a productive conversation than lets meet over the break for a drink and you can let me know what you think. Some of you are grown ass adults trying to attack a grown ass adult who covers sports on twitter as a hobby.
8. No sarcasm, Archie Miller was the best hire Rhode Island could make. Ive stated than many times, I just disagreed strongly with what transpired early. Cheers. And I am serious if you want to get into a debate lets meet in south county over the next couple of weeks.
When players like Freeman transfer the Social Media people tend to emphasize the positives with no cautionary mentions. Like it's promotional.

This causes rifts like RV had with Miller at the very start of the season when Miller benched Freeman and/or limited his playing time.

Looking back Miller was right on the money. Freeman needed discipline and structure. It showed later in the season as well when Freeman was dismissed. Miller and his staff tried.

But now Freeman gets pumped up again like nothing ever happened.

Like Tom Izzy said, players can now just transfer whenever things don't go exactly their way. It's too easy.

Then the Social Media Sports guys build relationships with the players. Pay them for interviews and kiss their behinds for their own personal benefit and increase in clicks. Not all but some.

Like Huge Pick Up. Huge.

But maybe a little risk in this addition? Just a little?

40E1592F-F897-4678-A9AE-158DBBA94D88.png
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Huge pickup indeed....if you follow "Coastal", I guess. Sans the Freeman add, when was the last time anyone in RV's neck of the woods, i.e., "these parts" gave a thought to Coastal...? Back when they made a decent football run in 2020? For his sake, hopefully soon, his aptitude becomes more well known than his attitude....
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow no subtle dig by RV on Freeman to CC
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

RV can rationalize all he wants, but Bray will experience playing in three programs with URI being the best and Coastal being the worst and that trend ain't good and shows how toxic Bray is.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I just so happen to be in Myrtle Beach right now with my family for school break, and let me tell you this town is absolutely buzzing about Bray’s committing to CCU.

(I played golf with a father and his two sons this morning, both the boys go to Coastal and we talked a lot about their baseball team which is #10 in the country, no mention of the basketball program.)
5 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Regarding Brayon. Maybe those folks in Myrtle don’t know, don’t care about his past track record.
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Regarding Brayon. Maybe those folks in Myrtle don’t know, don’t care about his past track record.
Every coach feels they can overcome those obstacles with a player, especially one with his skills and ability.
Probably worth the risk for them.
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Regarding Brayon. Maybe those folks in Myrtle don’t know, don’t care about his past track record.
Every coach feels they can overcome those obstacles with a player, especially one with his skills and ability.
Probably worth the risk for them.
Can dad sit behind the bench. That's the big question. :roll:
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

To be fair though, nobody here seemed to care about his track record when he committed either though. Most fans were pretty excited.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago To be fair though, nobody here seemed to care about his track record when he committed either though. Most fans were pretty excited.
To be fair, the kid got barely two pages on this board on his recruitment.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
adam914 wrote: 1 year ago To be fair though, nobody here seemed to care about his track record when he committed either though. Most fans were pretty excited.
Sure, but there was plenty of talk about him in other threads. I'm just saying, fans are generally excited about incoming recruits and willing to overlook past issues until they become a problem for their team.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
Sure, but there was plenty of talk about him in other threads. I'm just saying, fans are generally excited about incoming recruits and willing to overlook past issues until they become a problem for their team.
But as a recruit he barely got two pages. Not highly anticipated by this fan base.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I didn't know about his 4 high schools in 4 years when he was coming here.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Adam you should really read this short two page topic on his recruiting. Let us know if everyone was singing his praise.

viewtopic.php?t=9247
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
I didn't know about his 4 high schools in 4 years when he was coming here.
Right, neither did I. That's kind of my point. Nobody really mentioned it until he became a problem here.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The replies to you in this thread are insane. I am just checking in to make sure you know you are not the crazy one here! Rhody fans were psyched to get this guy. The feeling was that Archie came on board and swooped in to nab an all-freshmen player from a conference foe. People were feeling pretty, pretty, pretty good. There weren’t more pages (which is just a wild measuring stick in any case) because it wasn’t a hyped up, extended recruitment. He got on campus, committed, and then it became public.
6 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Adam you should really read this short two page topic on his recruiting. Let us know if everyone was singing his praise.

viewtopic.php?t=9247
The obsession with the length of his recruiting thread is odd, its not the only place people talk about players. But ok, I read it. Here is a selection of fans that were pretty excited.

Excellent news. He is a very good point guard and should only get better. The GW board thinks very highly of him. Kudos to Coach Johnson for getting him on campus and for Archie to close the deal. Welcome Brayon to Rhody!

Like this get. He seems like an efficient ball handler and scorer.

Excellent addition to the team by Archie and staff. Consistent shooting from three is such a need for Rhody. A 43% three point shooter sure helps. Go Rhody!

A pg who can shoot. I like!!!

It’s good to get a kid you know can produce in our league. And you get him before the year most kids make their biggest jump. Really like this as a first signing.

I can't find a lot of recent tape on him, but his high school tapes show a really good ballhandler with a killer cross over move and a really good shooter.

He will be a very good player here, and will make others better as well. Very good first signing.

BUCKLE UP NCAA NO DOUBT

I'm excited about this pick up. He can clearly play at this level and we needed a PG. I like the assist and steal numbers, and hopefully that FT% can improve a little over time.

He has a beautiful mid-range. He can pull up and has an excellent step back. While watching him at GW this year, I noticed how well he finishes with both hands. He finishes in traffic, He is solid in the pick and roll because he is very good at lobs or utilizing his floater. He's fast with the ball and has a high IQ. Fantastic player for Archie's system.

Big fan of this pickup. Very skilled player w a beautiful shot, under control at all times and efficient playmaker.

Overall I really like this signing. One year of good production at our level, three years of eligibility left, and room for improvement. Very well done for our first new player
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ace wrote: 1 year ago
The replies to you in this thread are insane. I am just checking in to make sure you know you are not the crazy one here! Rhody fans were psyched to get this guy. The feeling was that Archie came on board and swooped in to nab an all-freshmen player from a conference foe. People were feeling pretty, pretty, pretty good. There weren’t more pages (which is just a wild measuring stick in any case) because it wasn’t a hyped up, extended recruitment. He got on campus, committed, and then it became public.
And then he was an absolute disaster. Your point is well taken though.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Adam you should really read this short two page topic on his recruiting. Let us know if everyone was singing his praise.

viewtopic.php?t=9247
The obsession with the length of his recruiting thread is odd, its not the only place people talk about players. But ok, I read it. Here is a selection of fans that were pretty excited.

Excellent news. He is a very good point guard and should only get better. The GW board thinks very highly of him. Kudos to Coach Johnson for getting him on campus and for Archie to close the deal. Welcome Brayon to Rhody!

Excellent addition to the team by Archie and staff. Consistent shooting from three is such a need for Rhody. A 43% three point shooter sure helps. Go Rhody!

It’s good to get a kid you know can produce in our league. And you get him before the year most kids make their biggest jump. Really like this as a first signing.

I can't find a lot of recent tape on him, but his high school tapes show a really good ballhandler with a killer cross over move and a really good shooter.

He will be a very good player here, and will make others better as well. Very good first signing.

BUCKLE UP NCAA NO DOUBT

I'm excited about this pick up. He can clearly play at this level and we needed a PG. I like the assist and steal numbers, and hopefully that FT% can improve a little over time.

He has a beautiful mid-range. He can pull up and has an excellent step back. While watching him at GW this year, I noticed how well he finishes with both hands. He finishes in traffic, He is solid in the pick and roll because he is very good at lobs or utilizing his floater. He's fast with the ball and has a high IQ. Fantastic player for Archie's system.

Big fan of this pickup. Very skilled player w a beautiful shot, under control at all times and efficient playmaker.

Overall I really like this signing. One year of good production at our level, three years of eligibility left, and room for improvement. Very well done for our first new player
'Buckle Up!'....Who was that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
'Buckle Up!'....Who was that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha, I'll give you one guess!! :lol:
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

viewtopic.php?t=9247

BUCKLE UP NCAA NO DOUBT

He was an unranked recruit out of high school and now he is going to be starting for URI.

so....he was nothing, now he's something? or, was he something, now he's nothing? Too confusing. Either needs a new tagline, or it's perfect. One or the other.

Something into nothing does not sound like moving up the ladder, or even that cool of a goal
But, whatever works.
He was ranked #198 in the 247 Composite ranking when he committed to GW.
Many of these kids carry the “no respect I will show them” chip on their shoulder to use as motivation.
I would take his comment in the Tweet as nothing more than that.

LOL, like Bray but not yet ready to compare him to E.C.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

viewtopic.php?t=9247

BUCKLE UP NCAA NO DOUBT

He was an unranked recruit out of high school and now he is going to be starting for URI.

so....he was nothing, now he's something? or, was he something, now he's nothing? Too confusing. Either needs a new tagline, or it's perfect. One or the other.

Something into nothing does not sound like moving up the ladder, or even that cool of a goal
But, whatever works.
He was ranked #198 in the 247 Composite ranking when he committed to GW.
Many of these kids carry the “no respect I will show them” chip on their shoulder to use as motivation.
I would take his comment in the Tweet as nothing more than that.

LOL, like Bray but not yet ready to compare him to E.C.
All I said was "most fans were pretty excited". Which is still true. Most does not mean all or everyone, and my point did not only pertain to comments made in his recruiting thread.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I am certainly glad I along with many were not part of that. Glad you and Adam were though Ace.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I am certainly glad I along with many were not part of that. Glad you and Adam were though Ace.
Ok I think I finally get what this is all about. You just don't understand what the words "most" or "many" mean.
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I was very excited for Bray. Still sucks it didn't work out.Wish him the best
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Kind of a weird fight you’re picking here TbR

Were you aware Freeman had time bomb potential? I can’t recall if you posted those concerns?

As a posted in another thread Freeman IMO could have been a cornerstone of our program. I certainly was excited about his skill set especially paired with Leggett.

Both gone. Sad.
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I think I was neutral on Brayon coming here, mainly b/c I did not follow much of his journey here, GW etc. However, in early home game 1-2-3 ish(small I here), when Archie was coming out of TO, last minute instructions to Bray, he looked at Archie in annoyance and clearly said, “ I gotch you…” and I thought, this kid is not the right stuff…….
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Before the season I posted that GW fans on their board were not upset about his departure. This was a warning sign to me.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

He could shoot. He could score. He just didn't do it often enough and was allergic to defense.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I guess you never know how a player is until he is part of our team , once we saw what he was about it was not going to end well
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Archie. knowing what he had at URI, had to take a flyer on someone with talent like Freeman while also knowing that he wouldn't take crap from a player the way Cox did with Fatts and the Mitchel twins.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I was high on his signing as well. Felt he provided a dimension on offense we needed on the team.

Bray met my expectations on offense as a scorer ( For the contest I predicted he would avg 13.98/Gm for us last season however as leading scorer) pretty much, but offense is only part of the game along with D, effort, bb IQ, coachability.

Too bad things devolved the way they did here but it’s for the best for Rhody that he has moved on considering the tension between Archie, Bray and his family.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago

Kind of a weird fight you’re picking here TbR

Were you aware Freeman had time bomb potential? I can’t recall if you posted those concerns?

As a posted in another thread Freeman IMO could have been a cornerstone of our program. I certainly was excited about his skill set especially paired with Leggett.

Both gone. Sad.
I don't really post on transfers much. There are reasons they are transferring which we don't know the whole story. Freeman just exemplifies it.
0 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Seems like someone’s a little salty
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Oh boy, get ready for more shots at the coaching staff coming soon! :lol: