19' MA PF Jordan Minor (Merrimack ---> Virginia)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

19' MA PF Jordan Minor (Merrimack ---> Virginia)

Unread post by Mattrams94 »

Jordan Minor is here on a visit today. One year of eligibility left averaged 17.4 points and 9.4 rebounds per game this season.
8 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Re: 19' MA PF Jordan Minor (Merrimack Transfer)

Unread post by jcru »

You are the best. Keep up the good work.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago Jordan Minor is here on a visit today. One year of eligibility left averaged 17.4 points and 9.4 rebounds per game this season.
Any buzz about Battle's visit yesterday?
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago Jordan Minor is here on a visit today. One year of eligibility left averaged 17.4 points and 9.4 rebounds per game this season.
Not much, I saw some pictures of the visit and he looked at least excited to be there. But nothing else.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Mattrams94 wrote: 1 year ago
Not much, I saw some pictures of the visit and he looked at least excited to be there. But nothing else.
Where are those pics?
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

This would appear to be a very good get based on looking at his stats, especially against the better teams Merrimack played, but wonder why he'd come here with only 1 year of eligibility remaining as opposed to somewhere he can possibly get to the NCAA tournament.
2 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Where are those pics?
they were shared with me but I no longer have them
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Minor has received interest from mid-major schools as well as high-major but says he wants to go somewhere to get high minutes right away. Also averaged around 3 blocks per game
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Where are those pics?
How are you getting all this inside info? Just curious.
1 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

Where are those pics?
Don't wanna say too much just that it is someone close to the program
3 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Ah ok gotcha. I hope Battle releases his list of schools soon. Dying to know if after the visit he’s still considering URI.
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Ah ok gotcha. I hope Battle releases his list of schools soon. Dying to know if after the visit he’s still considering URI.
Me aswell
2 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I’m not adding the pieces together, Minor just released an article said he’s cutting down his list tonight or tmrw and then visits next week, we had the same news about Battle Mattrams so I’ll agree w you on that but I’m not believing this until i see pics or someone verified sends pics, no offense man
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Shinze88 wrote: 1 year ago This would appear to be a very good get based on looking at his stats, especially against the better teams Merrimack played, but wonder why he'd come here with only 1 year of eligibility remaining as opposed to somewhere he can possibly get to the NCAA tournament.
It's a big enough jump from Merrimack to a mid-major that he might want another year of pro ball to improve his professional stock, if he's hoping to play professionally. If he comes here, we probably have plenty of minutes for him, vs. going to a power conference team. Even if you figure in a 10 or 20 percent loss of production, he would still easily be our best option at the 4 or 5. (I'm guessing he's not a 3, from the 6'8" size and lack of 3-point shot.) 247 Sports had an interview with him yesterday, and he comes off as a pretty polished talker.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/ ... 206986172/
3 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago I’m not adding the pieces together, Minor just released an article said he’s cutting down his list tonight or tmrw and then visits next week, we had the same news about Battle Mattrams so I’ll agree w you on that but I’m not believing this until i see pics or someone verified sends pics, no offense man
Do what you want but then again your an outsider and I am a student with a first hand experience of it. Saw him and his family walking around campus with coach Woodward. He also said in an article he was getting visits set up this week and next week.
4 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago I’m not adding the pieces together, Minor just released an article said he’s cutting down his list tonight or tmrw and then visits next week, we had the same news about Battle Mattrams so I’ll agree w you on that but I’m not believing this until i see pics or someone verified sends pics, no offense man
Do what you want but then again your an outsider and I am a student with a first hand experience of it. Saw him and his family walking around campus with coach Woodward. He also said in an article he was getting visits set up this week and next week.
You said you lost the pictures someone shared with you. How is that possible? You’re a student, you should be good with technology.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Fair, just wished you posted pics to back it up
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

You said you lost the pictures someone shared with you. How is that possible? You’re a student, you should be good with technology.
It was on snapchat lol, they don't save
2 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Ok, fair enough :lol:
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Just ss it 🤝
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago

Just ss it 🤝
Chat deletes right after viewing :roll:
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
Just ss it 🤝
Chat deletes right after viewing :roll:
Go into settings and change it to 24 hours before deleting so you can send the pictures next time
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

We've finally got someone on campus willing to provide us some recruiting intel and we have people pushing back because they aren't providing photos? Come on man...

Matt, thanks for keeping us up to date! Please keep the info coming whether you have photographic evidence or not. :lol:
10 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Thanks for the intel Matt. Let's hope we have a real shot at this kid. It would be a huge upgrade.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Not denying or calling him out just trying to help him out, love to hear updates just don’t want to get hyped up if there’s nothing to back it up
0 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago We've finally got someone on campus willing to provide us some recruiting intel and we have people pushing back because they aren't providing photos? Come on man...

Matt, thanks for keeping us up to date! Please keep the info coming whether you have photographic evidence or not. :lol:
No problem and I will
4 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Thanks for the intel Matt. Let's hope we have a real shot at this kid. It would be a huge upgrade.
Instantly would be a difference maker
1 x
Mattrams94
Michael Andersen

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Not denying or calling him out just trying to help him out, love to hear updates just don’t want to get hyped up if there’s nothing to back it up
Trust me I am not just saying random things, repeating what I heard and saying what I see
2 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago We've finally got someone on campus willing to provide us some recruiting intel and we have people pushing back because they aren't providing photos? Come on man...

If only we'd had photos posted when Pat Riley was spotted at the gas station at the tower...
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

sf2010 wrote: 1 year ago

If only we'd had photos posted when Pat Riley was spotted at the gas station at the tower...
Haha, no photos needed for that. It definitely happened!!
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

My nephew goes to Merrimack . I saw them 3 or 4 times with him and a couple games on the NEC network. He is a very big guy , very strong around the basket , excellent rebounder. He went to Brimmer & May prep in chestnut hill and is from Kingston Ma I believe. By all accounts a very good kid and student. He would be an excellent catch imo Even if for only one year. The thing is it has to be difficult to entice these kids when we really have no roster right now, especially those that only have one or two years left. Hopefully if we get 1 of these kids or 2 kids to break the ice everything else will fall into place and Ish will come back
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago My nephew goes to Merrimack . I saw them 3 or 4 times with him and a couple games on the NEC network. He is a very big guy , very strong around the basket , excellent rebounder. He went to Brimmer & May prep in chestnut hill and is from Kingston Ma I believe. By all accounts a very good kid and student. He would be an excellent catch imo Even if for only one year. The thing is it has to be difficult to entice these kids when we really have no roster right now, especially those that only have one or two years left. Hopefully if we get 1 of these kids or 2 kids to break the ice everything else will fall into place and Ish will come back
Maybe Emma Squires knows him. She is also from Kingston, Mass and about the same age. I'll take whatever connection I can get.
5 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Shinze88 wrote: 1 year ago This would appear to be a very good get based on looking at his stats, especially against the better teams Merrimack played, but wonder why he'd come here with only 1 year of eligibility remaining as opposed to somewhere he can possibly get to the NCAA tournament.
URI is very well known on the International market for Pro basketball.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Matt, you don’t need forensic proof. If you can provide it that’s great, if not, it’s fine. None of the sources on this site have ever been expected to provide photos.

Thanks for whatever info you can provide as someone right on campus who might hear or see something that could help fill in the blanks around here, while we are waiting for some good news
2 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Minor is #40 on this list.

Honestly, I think Minor is probably best as a terrific small-ball center at the high mid-major level (think Mountain West or Atlantic-10). But if he wants to go high-major, he’ll have his chances.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

That comment bodes well for us. But his sights might be higher.
1 x
GO RAMS
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago My nephew goes to Merrimack . I saw them 3 or 4 times with him and a couple games on the NEC network. He is a very big guy , very strong around the basket , excellent rebounder. He went to Brimmer & May prep in chestnut hill and is from Kingston Ma I believe. By all accounts a very good kid and student. He would be an excellent catch imo Even if for only one year. The thing is it has to be difficult to entice these kids when we really have no roster right now, especially those that only have one or two years left. Hopefully if we get 1 of these kids or 2 kids to break the ice everything else will fall into place and Ish will come back
They also run a very um, "unique" zone defense. Would be interesting to see him transition to defending guys on the perimeter and sliding his feet if he is viewed as a wing.
Regardless, if Archie and co want him, I want him. If they go another direction with someone else, works for me too.
2 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

giovanni wrote: 1 year ago
Committed before finishing his other scheduled visits.
Must have been blown away by Virginia.
0 x