Season ticket sales

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Season ticket sales

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Endzone went from $170 to $185
Mezzanine/209 went from $275 to $325
Loge went from $375 to $425
Club went from $500 to $575

These are fair increases for the extra excitement this year should have compared to last year, though it might stop casual fans from making the leap before wins come
The prices before the increases were put in after the Hurley years. People paid those prices for 3 seasons of mediocre(and at the end bad) basketball. You paid the same no matter how many games there were. I don't know how they can say as part of their pitch, after raising prices that they plan on having more home games- what if there isn't? After dropping my seats following 2019/2020 season, I had planned on jumping back in, but not at those prices.
IMO a better approach would be to hold/slightly decrease season ticket plans, draw people in, then increase next season.
This small increase is is giving back to the commitment that Thorr and the president have given to the basketball program. If we can support them with this increase than there should never be a complaint about the direction of the program. This is a fans donation to taking the program to a higher level
3 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe the Foundation site?
Do you mean a list of who donated at what level?
No the list of like how much for Athletic Director, how much for Silver Ram, Gold Ram etc. And the benefits like parking. I was in Lot A for years until my daughter went to URI and my priority was tuition then. Now she's graduated so.
I want this info too...
They're asking for 2500 donations to keep some seats.
On top of the increase in prices.
What are the benefits of that level?
0 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Renewed, can’t wait to be back
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago

Do you mean a list of who donated at what level?
No the list of like how much for Athletic Director, how much for Silver Ram, Gold Ram etc. And the benefits like parking. I was in Lot A for years until my daughter went to URI and my priority was tuition then. Now she's graduated so.
I want this info too...
They're asking for 2500 donations to keep some seats.
On top of the increase in prices.
What are the benefits of that level?

Attachments
Annual Fund Benefits_2021 (1) (1).pdf
(449.29 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

Don't forget we get the PC game this year, too. Worth the price increases just for that. Renewed and ready to bring the ruckus!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Over 2200 season tickets for this coming year

For reference, here is the A10 average attendance for the last year before Covid

1. Dayton 13,364
2. VCU 7637
3. St. Louis 6739
4. URI 6144
5. Richmond 6001
6. St. Bonaventure 4359
7. George Mason 4037
8. Davidson 3684
9. UMass 2717
10. GW 2621
11. Duquesne 2306
12. St Joe's 2108
13. LaSalle 1984
14. Fordham 1891

I think I was a little disappointed with 2200+, but I don't really have much to compare that to for our normal season ticket numbers. It's funny and sad that just our season tickets are more than the entire attendance for some of these schools
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

How big is Davidson’s gym? You’d think with their long term success they’d average more.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Capacity is 5295
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago How big is Davidson’s gym? You’d think with their long term success they’d average more.
Davidson has no grad schools. Its total enrollment of just under 2,000 is all undergraduates. It is a small private elite college located in a town of just 11,000 that is 20 miles outside Charlotte. It draws students from all over the country that do not have local roots and do not stay in the area after graduation. Its arena seats about 5,300 but has never really been known for high attendance numbers given the factors described here.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Unfortunate but not shocking. Sustained success brings ticket holders. 2-3 years Archie will have us back where Danny left off.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Where can we find what season ticket sales were for the past few years?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Unfortunate but not shocking. Sustained success brings ticket holders. 2-3 years Archie will have us back where Danny left off.
Do you remember what the season ticket base was the last two years under Hurley? I can't remember
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

As tickets become scarce, donations will increase as well. I see URI as a mid-tier A10 team next year. I think it was a mistake for URI to increase ticket prices for next year.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Whatever the average attendance is for Cox's last year you can probably cut actual attendance by half. I know I stopped going during the losing streak. Thank goodness those days will just become a distant memory.
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I think it was a mistake for URI to increase ticket prices for next year.
Hard disagree. The excitement is here now, they could really use the revenue after the past couple of years AND the Providence game is at the RC next year.

If they had waited a year to raise prices, I could easily imagine some people on here a year from now complaining: "WAIT THEY'RE RAISING THE PRICES AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PC GAME NEXT SEASON???"
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago I think it was a mistake for URI to increase ticket prices for next year.
Hard disagree. The excitement is here now, they could really use the revenue after the past couple of years AND the Providence game is at the RC next year.

If they had waited a year to raise prices, I could easily imagine some people on here a year from now complaining: "WAIT THEY'RE RAISING THE PRICES AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PC GAME NEXT SEASON???"
I agree with 72- said it when they announced the ticket increase. Should have held the price-build up the STH base then increased next season. BTW aside from the PC game, the schedule has 0 draws.
0 x
Rhody881
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Rhody881 »

From a fan standpoint deferred ticket increases would have been nice but also factor in Cox over his 5 year contract was getting 1.25 million of the gate total. Archie will get 1.5 million over his first two years. It's part wage inflation. Using his hire excitement to drum up more revenue to cover that cost increase. I am happy to say I am a season ticket holder again after protesting cox's last two years. The increase is justified in my mind to be able to lift our program up. Its the cost of doing business. You have to pay if you want something nice. It also gives us flexibility if Archie doesn't work out the coach compensation pool is now more competitive with other programs.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago Unfortunate but not shocking. Sustained success brings ticket holders. 2-3 years Archie will have us back where Danny left off.
Do you remember what the season ticket base was the last two years under Hurley? I can't remember
I believe I remember it being over 3k.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

These are fair increases for the extra excitement this year should have compared to last year, though it might stop casual fans from making the leap before wins come
Season ticket prices will remain the same for the 2023-24 season

https://gorhody.com/sports/2023/2/17/ti ... ts-23.aspx
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

What other choice do they have? They could lower the ticket cost and there will be a much lower total of season tickets sold. The truth is with a bad schedule, last place team and the ability to be able to purchase tickets at the window before any game without a problem people don’t see a reason to buy season tickets. Only winning will get them to raise the ticket prices again
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Increasing ticket prices after this last season would have been an especially tone deaf move. Would have made an already difficult task of trying to sell tickets far harder. Given this past season, the third straight losing campaign, along with an apparent lack of 2023-24 name opponents (including the annual PC game) likely will result in a drop in advance season ticket sales.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

They were literally giving away tickets this year.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodyram wrote: 1 year ago They were literally giving away tickets this year.
More accurately:

They were literally trying to give tickets away this year.
2 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I noticed the season ticket renewal date got pushed back.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Good deal, thinking of upgrading....the introduction of "you are now free to move about the country (with beer in hand)" increases flexibility...
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Got ours yesterday!!!
2 x