General Visits/transfer recruiting

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: General Visits/transfer recruiting

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago Hopefully we will get at least a couple starter quality players through the stealth route.

Because I'm not impressed right now with the level of player we seem to be involved with.

The vibes aren't good imo.
We just got two starter level guys though...
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

rambone 78 wrote: 1 year ago Hopefully we will get at least a couple starter quality players through the stealth route.

Because I'm not impressed right now with the level of player we seem to be involved with.

I disagree I think House is without question a starter. Brown looks very solid.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I’m hoping the stealth train is on the track. Hoping Leggett and Records are on it and some prime time surprises too.

Go Rhody!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

As previously suggested here looks like Pierre staying with Friartown per multiple twitter reports.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Who are the 2 starters?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago

Who are the 2 starters?
House and Brown are starter level players
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree, that’s 2 decent starters I think

Brown should be better than any big we had last year and I think House is better than Bray with less issues too
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Agree, that’s 2 decent starters I think

Brown should be better than any big we had last year and I think House is better than Bray with less issues too
I would certainly hope and expect that players we recruit to be starters will be better that what we had this past year.

We need to get starters as good are better than the starters that Dayton, St. Louis, VCU and Fordham had this March.
Only Leggett was a possibility in my eyes and I was there for every A10 game from Tuesday to Sunday.
We need to get beyond just this guy is better than what we had.
NCAA or BUST - in a 1 bid conference that means we must be the best of the 15 teams.
Long way to go it seams.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I would certainly hope and expect that players we recruit to be starters will be better that what we had this past year.

We need to get starters as good are better than the starters that Dayton, St. Louis, VCU and Fordham had this March.
Only Leggett was a possibility in my eyes and I was there for every A10 game from Tuesday to Sunday.
NCAA or BUST - in a 1 bid conference that means we must be the best of the 15 teams.
Long way to go it seams.
Ramster U r right, Assuming these two current recruits play the same as their past history, their numbers say that they will not bring us to the promised land. Sorry about my negativism (or reality), but, we have to win some meaningful recruiting battles and so far we are still shut out.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago

Long way to go it seams.
Ramster U r right, Assuming these two current recruits play the same as their past history, their numbers say that they will not bring us to the promised land. Sorry about my negativism (or reality), but, we have to win some meaningful recruiting battles and so far we are still shut out.
We beat the “best” teams in our conference last year with worse players. You’re just making things up.

Apparently 17ppg players are now not good enough recruits for us. We need some of those notorious 30ppg college players…
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Long way to go it seams.
Jaden House’s stats compare very similarly to Quisenberry (Fordham) and Dae Dae Grant (Duquesne) who were both A10 quality starters.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago

Long way to go it seams.
We beat the “best” teams in our conference last year with worse players. You’re just making things up.

Apparently 17ppg players are now not good enough recruits for us. We need some of those notorious 30ppg college players…
No, that is not what I am saying at all.

We don't need incoming players who are just better than players from last year. We need players who are the equivalent or better of starters for the Top Tier 4 Teams from the A10. In March that was VCU, Dayton, St Louis and Fordham. If you are going to be Top Tier you need starters of that caliber.
Rocket Surgery this is not.
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

We don't need incoming players who are just better than players from last year. We need players who are the equivalent or better of starters for the Top Tier 4 Teams from the A10. In March that was VCU, Dayton, St Louis and Fordham. If you are going to be Top Tier you need starters of that caliber.
Thanks coach, appreciate that brilliant input. We want the good players and not the bad ones. I’m putting in a call to Archie right now with that ground breaking intel
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thanks coach, appreciate that brilliant input. We want the good players and not the bad ones. I’m putting in a call to Archie right now with that ground breaking intel
You are not getting what I am saying.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

No I get what you’re saying, it’s just so obvious that it’s not worth even posting about.

You want us to get talent to win the conference, not just get better year over year

Obviously the coaching staff has the same exact mindset
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No I get what you’re saying, it’s just so obvious that it’s not worth even posting about.

You want us to get talent to win the conference, not just get better year over year

Obviously the coaching staff has the same exact mindset
You clearly are not getting what I am saying. Forget it.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Brown and House are a decent start , now if we can get 2 or 3 more similar players we should be in the hunt
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

With the A-10 having departures & unknowns the difference between the top of the bottom isn’t that far away
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Dead period ends tomorrow at noon.

Spring signing period starts next Wednesday.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Thought it was Thursday at noon?
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago Thought it was Thursday at noon?
I am pretty sure you are right about it being Thursday and not tomorrow.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I think we're done with HS recruits for '23. At least that's what the coaches have said.
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Not sure where to put it. If we are still looking at front court options could be one to keep an eye on?

1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Do we know of any Rhody visits this weekend?
0 x
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Do we know of any Rhody visits this weekend?
Maybe the Easter bunny will give us a surprise
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Time will tell 🤫
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
Time will tell 🤫
Tell us more Dino :)
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I forget when is the deadline for players to put their name in the portal ??
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 year ago I forget when is the deadline for players to put their name in the portal ??
May 11.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago
Time will tell 🤫
I cannot but don’t worry you guys will see soon
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I mean, they have a lot of openings and the recruiting dead period just ended. One would certainly hope guys were coming in for visits.
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago

Time will tell 🤫
I cannot but don’t worry you guys will see soon
Does his name rhyme with Meegan Decords? :lol:
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Does it rhyme with "Buru Naivalurua"?

Just named 2nd team JUCO All American yesterday.
2 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ace wrote: 1 year ago I mean, they have a lot of openings and the recruiting dead period just ended. One would certainly hope guys were coming in for visits.
Yep, pretty obvious things will really heat up on the recruiting front. Expect a lot of activity very soon.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Hoping to see some visit news soon.
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

Long way to go it seams.
Jaden House’s stats compare very similarly to Quisenberry (Fordham) and Dae Dae Grant (Duquesne) who were both A10 quality starters.
Free throw shooting ?
0 x
rhodyram22
ARD

I don't like how quiet it's been.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago I don't like how quiet it's been.
Patient you must be young padawan

Quiet does not mean nothing is going on
1 x
rhodyram22
ARD

rhodyram22 wrote: 1 year ago I don't like how quiet it's been.
Patient you must be young padawan

Quiet does not mean nothing is going on
👀
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I spy with my little eye our next PG inbound soon
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago I spy with my little eye our next PG inbound soon
Has he been discussed on this board yet?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The suspense is killing us!
0 x
GO RAMS
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
Nope

I will give you guys one hint though, he played against us last year
1 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Nope

Luis Kortright Quinnipiac?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Nope

Wow we're getting Markquis Nowell!!! :lol:
4 x
rhodyram22
ARD

Nope

OOC or in the A10?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Please not Bynum
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 year ago

Nope

Just started following Duane Woodward and Kenny Johnson on twitter. Scored 15 points against us.
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Noah Fernandes would be unbelievable but not likely.
Ronny Pollite?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Nope

Just started following Duane Woodward and Kenny Johnson on twitter. Scored 15 points against us.
That’s usually telling.
0 x
GO RAMS